[Location] The Drunken Fish

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Hatter on September 8th, 2010, 12:43 pm

The Drunken Fish

Image Yo ho. And five bottles of rum. The Drunken Fish caters to Sailors and Dock Workers alike, housing pirates and privateers together in one place where they can get drunk and hack each other to pieces. Various other scum make patronage at the Fish, most of them merchants or slavers from the nearby market places. While not much different than the Pig's Foot, the Fish differs in its clientèle and the fact that it is almost barren of locals, filled with foreigners and the sea rats that falsely claim Sunberth as their home.

The tavern is a three story monstrosity right off of "The Gangplank" Pier. The first floor is a wide, expansive common room with a large bar, several tables, and various 'private' rooms cut off from the main patrons. Several slaves work the tables as bar maids and the tenders switch out on shifts of six bells, or whenever they're too wounded to work. The second floor is very much the same thing only the room sits in a loft style, with more tables and 'upscale' areas spread around the main floor as a balcony. The common sleeping rooms are also on this floor for the cheaper patrons or for crews to sleep together. The third and final floor is for private rooms and the more lewd services that the Fish offers, cheap whores and unbroken slaves. There is even a large suite, but that is on semi-permanent rent from Captain Dullos.

The Fish's main purpose acts as a recruiting den for enterprising "Privateers". Although they are under the close scrutiny of Captain Dullos, the people of Sunberth rarely allow her to interfere so while the hiring Captains make the process of their employment look official, most of it is word-of-mouth and very few men sign any real sort of contract. Because of the deception the Fish has developed "Sign Up" Sheets for certain vessels, those of which willing sailors make their mark and report to the ship in question the day posted, where the Captain will take attendance and set off with whoever showed up. Strangely, in their effort to circumnavigate Dullos, the "privateers" have found her useful for keeping tabs on their crewmen.

ServicesMost of the prices follow the Taverns, Inns and Lodging under the price list, but individual deals and pricing can be discussed with the tenders and the tavern owner.

NPCs

Father Manowar

Image Father Manowar is not a priest. Everyone just thinks he looks like one. He owns the Fish and lets everyone know by his massive girth, partaking in his product at all hours of the day. He's often drunk and wanders the patrons as the partake in various activities, overseeing the "Sign Up" Sheets and pandering to Captain Dullos every time she finds something wrong with his establishment. Which is just about every day. A jovial man, Manowar comes off as jolly and light hearted, spirited, he's always offering a smile and does what he can to please, but despite his massive stomach, he's no slouch. A previous sailor of a high caliber, Manowar can out drink just about anyone and has the record to prove it. Not too mention he can fight with a broken bottle better than just about any man alive.

Skills Brawling 51, Business 21, Persuasion 24, Negotiation 27, Food Preservation 42, Cooking 47, Fortune Telling 7, Storytelling 32, Swimming 15, Running 34,
Hatter
Something Auspicious

Words: 61629
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2010, 8:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Hatter on September 8th, 2010, 1:33 pm

Place Holder for when I get off my lazy ass.
Hatter
Something Auspicious

Words: 61629
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2010, 8:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Horlamin on June 5th, 2012, 3:19 pm

<1st day of Summer, 512 AV>

Even before Horlamin had made his way to the Establishment in search of employment, he had made his way to find a home to live in. Sure he had a tent, but the thought of living with so many other poor people did not appeal to the fighter. He'd like a nice bed, a room to store his belongings while he was out, and a home close to the things he loved; ale and women. An actual home in his name would've been preferable, but alas he did not have enough money to buy a home. So a tavern had to suffice.

Not that he disliked the notion of spending every night in a tavern, where fights were common, ale flowed like a river, and women were just waiting for some of Horlamin. The thought actually brought a grin to his face. And the grin didn't fade as he stepped into the Drunken Fish, temporary home to foreigners all over the world. Thankfully it was early morning and many of the patrons were out working on the docks. He wasn't frightened; he merely wanted to get in and out with ease. A room was what he sought now; the fun could come later.

Standing to the right of the door of the tavern, Hor scanned the interior searching for the owner of the place. But it seems the owner found him first. A large man claps Hor on the shoulder, the smell of alcohol evident on his breath as he greets him. "Morning. What brings ya to my tavern?"

Hor looks at the man, and grins. Any owner who will drink his own wares was good in the fighter's book.
"I seek a room in your tavern, sir. It seems I find myself in Sunberth for an indefinate time with no housing. Do you have a room I can rent for the entire season?"

Hor could've swore lights flashed in the owner's eyes. "I'm sure I can make room for you this season, but the money must be up front. Fourty-five gold-rimmed miza and 5 silver miza."

Hor couldn't do anything but accept. He didn't know the prices here; he could've been cheated or spared. But he didn't care, Hor hoped to make money from this point forward. And to make money, you had to spend money. Hor shook Father Manowar's hand, and handed over the amount required. He then allowed Father to show him to his room. It was a start, a sacrifice, in Hor's quest to become wealthy. The better would come later.

Ledger (If approved by Archy)
1x room Inn (common) 5 sm X 91 days= 45 gm 5 sm
"In our darkest moments, we come to know the true measure of our souls"
Horlamin
Born Fighter

Words: 24982
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2012, 7:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes