Completed The Swordsman, The Reimancer, and The Warfields

Misty and Tavil Train, Spar, and Explore the Warfields

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

The Swordsman, The Reimancer, and The Warfields

Postby Tavil on March 4th, 2014, 5:47 am

I assume my usual fighting stance, right foot back with my legs slightly bent. "The same as last time. Just try not to get hit so much." I smile as I speak. "Also, do not be afraid to use something other than your weapon to do attack. The sticks were a crafty distraction yesterday, but you could have done some actual damage if you had wished." I back up as she advances. "And we begin." I say in Pavi, gesturing for her to attack. Keeping my thumb on the sheath, I raise my sword behind me.

I see her duck to the side, and I launch myself back several strides with a kick from my left foot. Obviously meaning to take the defensive this time, I wait for her to close the gap. Only a little further to the opening. I hold my left hand out in wait, the runes trailing from my palm down my wrist slightly visible.
Tavil
Player

Words: 10755
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2014, 9:40 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Misty Snowsong on March 4th, 2014, 5:57 am

Misty falls all the way, and rolls over. "And you think I wanted to get hit yesterday?" As she rolls, she shoots a bit of res under the ground. Casting without an incantation is risky, but it was worth it to keep the fact that she cast a secret. Running at Tav while keeping the res underneath her was very difficult, but using all her concentration, she manages. The res moves in front of her, and she says "Res, abaset ala!" hoping to create an explosion of dirt in front of Tav. While yelling her incantation, Misty this time aims for his head. If he ducks under it, she will roll over him and try to hit his back. If he sidesteps right, he will be up against a wall. If it doesn't miss, or if he sidesteps left she will backpedal as fast as she can.
Misty Snowsong
Player

Words: 10147
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2014, 6:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Tavil on March 4th, 2014, 6:14 am

I laugh at her reply. "Just be more aware of your actions this time." I see her make her move. She runs straight at me. I prepare to parry, but the unexpected happens. Quickly, she casts a spell, launching a cloud of dirt at me. From the look of it, she had still been running when she cast. I duck low to the ground, spreading my feet to the side for stability. I hear a footstep in front of me, and I thrust my sword forward, loosening the sheath with my thumb for some added reach. Not knowing whether or not my attack will hit, I remain alert to any information my senses may give.
Tavil
Player

Character sheet

Postby Misty Snowsong on March 4th, 2014, 6:29 am

His sword comes flying out of the dust. Misty manages to dodge it just enough, and roll over Tav's head. An idea comes to mind. Rather than get him with just her dagger, she brings her left hand up as well. Bringing the hilt down onto his back, Misty faces her left palm upward. She just hopes she can cast fast enough....
Concentrating harder than she ever had, Misty begins: "Adras res, yaq daeqat! Res, djed, randjaqat!" The purpose of this spell is to make a circle of liquid res, then imprison it with solid res. Then, transmuting only the liquid res inward, it would contain a lot of force, and hopefully do some damage. She just hopes she managed to hit him with her dagger hilt to stun him.
Last edited by Misty Snowsong on March 4th, 2014, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Misty Snowsong
Player

Character sheet

Postby Tavil on March 4th, 2014, 6:40 am

Feeling Misty roll over my back, I immediately roll forward. Seeing that she is still in the air and unable to redirect herself, I kick back in the middle of the roll, feeling contact, hoping to knock her through the narrow entryway. Instead, I manage to hit the ball of res, sending it up into the air.

Finishing the roll, I stand, my foot placement reversed. I grasp the hilt of my sword with both hands, kicking hard with my left calf, sending me forward toward the small Vantha. I twist my blade and swing horizontally from the right, aiming to make contact just after I land.
Tavil
Player

Character sheet

Postby Misty Snowsong on March 4th, 2014, 6:50 am

Allowing the sheathed sword to make contact with her ribs, Misty hardly notices the pain from concentration.... Here it comes. Unable to contain her exultation, Misty yells "Now! Res, djed gligat!" Thing, join with his back! Unable to wait to see if it made contact, she yells "Adras res! Abaset!" She transmutes the liquid res into air, putting so much pressure on all sides that the solid res explodes.
Misty Snowsong
Player

Character sheet

Postby Tavil on March 4th, 2014, 7:01 am

I was hoping for her to dodge back... It was annoying, and it was evident in my face. Then, I felt something latch onto my back. The res. My eyes widen. I sweep her aside with my sword. Having already made contact beforehand, this was done with ease. Dropping my sword, I jump toward the narrow gap, placing my hands directly on top of the uppermost runes on the walls and swinging my legs forward, hoping to drag the res through the now complete barrier. The ball of res begins to explode, causing sharp pain in the center of my back, but it was less than it could've been. The barrier lessened the power of the res, but it hurt like hell. "I think you win this one, Misty." I speak, cringing at the pain on my back. "Good job." I strain a smile.
Tavil
Player

Character sheet

Postby Misty Snowsong on March 4th, 2014, 7:12 am

Misty is lying on her back. She hears something, seemingly from afar. "I whu... Win?" Her head cloudy from the concentration, she takes a minute, puzzling out the words. "I win! I won? I win! Haha!" After this, she winces. "That was a little more trying than our last sparring match, yeah? I was all 'pew pew' with my magic and stuff. I think I'm getting better at it. No way would I have been able to do something like that a year ago!" Making the effort to sit back up, Misty says, "Well, what now? I say we get a night's rest, then head back to town.We're both obviously not at our best anymore, and I think we need to rest up. Plus, I forgot to buy a few things at the market, so I need to do that. I.... May.... Also want to learn to cook? I think it may be a cool skill to learn, and someone in town may be willing to teach me! We both stink, so we should head to the bath houses. And we need to start stockpiling to move onward. I got those fishing arrows, so we can use them for food, so I'll start doing that. You need to practice more glyphing wherever and whenever you can, and The Thumb is a good place to do that. So once we get back, we head to the bath house, get cleaned up, and separate for a bit, and then we meet back up after we get all our stuff done. Sound good?"
Misty Snowsong
Player

Character sheet

Postby Tavil on March 7th, 2014, 6:11 am

Grasping at the pain in my back, I turn to look at Misty. "Yes, yes it was. I may be better physically, but even with how little you know, you're far better than me with magic." I smile proudly at the girl. "Keep it up, and you will be much stronger in no time." Stretching to test my back, I cringe at its tenderness. I begin to gather my things. My sword lays on the ground next to Misty, and my pack is propped up against a wall a few feet away. "Yes, I think rest would be nice. I will most likely spend my time studying, so I should be easy to find if you need me after we split up." After I finish picking up my belongings, I sling my pack over my shoulder and rest the flat of my blade alongside its strap. "Come now, little Vantha." I say, patting her head as I walk by.
Tavil
Player

Character sheet

Previous