Completed The Swordsman, The Reimancer, and The Warfields

Misty and Tavil Train, Spar, and Explore the Warfields

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

The Swordsman, The Reimancer, and The Warfields

Postby Misty Snowsong on March 2nd, 2014, 2:50 am

Fourth day of Spring, 514 AV
Rubbing of the ink from her friend's barrier escapade earlier, Misty beings talking to Tavil:
"The Warfields are very dangerous. We gotta be going in here prepared. That's why we went to the market first, to get supplies. Oh, also" Misty pulls out two daggers, a vial of ink, and a quill from her backpack "these are yours." She hands him the quill and ink. "I only brought one of each, so we're going to have to improvise if we run out. I also brought these," she holds up the daggers "for sparring practice! I've never used a dagger, but how hard can it be? Besides, a great swordsman like you, you can teach me all there is to know about blades!" She shoulders her quiver (carrying 20 arrows) and puts her bow on her back. "Are you ready?"
Last edited by Misty Snowsong on March 7th, 2014, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misty Snowsong
Player

Words: 10147
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2014, 6:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Tavil on March 2nd, 2014, 3:01 am

I take the ink and quill, almost putting them in my backpack, but stopping beforehand. "We'll be ready in a moment. Let me see your hands again." I dip the quill in the ink, then place the stoppered vial in my pack. Focusing in order to keep from making a mistake, I renew the focus glyph on Misty's hand and place a second on the other palm. "There." I say, putting the quill in my pack. I pull my sword from my back, still sheathed in its hard scabbard, holding it in my left hand near the hilt. I once again check my supplies. My bedroll is tied to my back, the tarp still in my pack along with some rations. I then check my armor to be sure that it is fit correctly. I nod to Misty, and we set off into the maze.
Tavil
Player

Words: 10755
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2014, 9:40 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Misty Snowsong on March 2nd, 2014, 3:12 am

After nodding a thanks to Tav, Misty picks up her pack and sets off after him. After getting somewhere far away enough from the entrance to avoid unwanted encounters, Misty pulls a dagger from her backpack. "You want to spar? You're going to have to go easy on me, but once I get the hang of it, we can really go at it." After a few experimental thrusts and slashes, Misty walks towards Tav, waiting for him to strike.
Misty Snowsong
Player

Character sheet

Postby Tavil on March 2nd, 2014, 3:35 am

After a ways, I turn back to Misty, hearing her request. "Are you sure? It may be slightly difficult having no experience." Seeing her determination, a lighthearted smile spreads across my face. "Very well, little one. The weapons may be different, but the principles behind them are more or less similar. Try to strike with speed and not force. Now. Be ready." Sword still sheathed, I grasp the hilt with my right hand and adjust my footing. Left foot in front of me, I stand with my left side facing her. My right foot stands perpendicular to the left. I begin to control my breath, clearing my mind of distractions. I bend my legs, allowing quicker maneuverability. Then, I step forward, launching off of my back leg. As I near my opponent, I bring the sheathed blade forward, aiming to hit her right shoulder as I land. When my foot touches ground, I take the impact with my right leg, keeping my balance.
Last edited by Tavil on March 2nd, 2014, 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tavil
Player

Character sheet

Postby Misty Snowsong on March 2nd, 2014, 3:40 am

Misty sees Tav heading for her with ferocity. Bending her knees and flipping the knife so the end is facing her pinky, she brings it up, just as Tav comes in. She successfully blocks the end of the blade, but, not keeping her own properly angled, earns a bump on the head for her ignorance. Slightly frustrated from the pain, she runs toward him herself, doing a terrible job of hiding the fact that she is heading for his hand, hoping to hurt it enough to make him let go of the end of his sword.
Misty Snowsong
Player

Character sheet

Postby Tavil on March 2nd, 2014, 3:59 am

Seeing the attempt at an attack, I sidestep, turning the sword in my hand and hitting her in the stomach with the flat of the sheath, not hard enough to do any real damage, but hard enough to cause some bruising. After the initial impact, I push her back with the sword. Not taking my mind off of my own form, I speak, "Remember. Speed, not strength, and don't let your opponent predict your strikes." My footing still as it was before, I step back, crouching low and holding my left hand in front of me, the right slightly behind me. The tip of my sheathed longsword points at Misty.
Tavil
Player

Character sheet

Postby Misty Snowsong on March 2nd, 2014, 4:05 am

"Ow. Ow ow ow." Misty keeps the thoughts to herself as she gets up off the ground. Barely hearing Tav's advice, she gets back up. Clearing her mind as she does before preparing to cast, Misty now begins circling Tav. "His stance is way too stable for me to do anything. I have to knock him off balance somehow...." Thinking quickly, she charges in again, and makes it look as if she were heading for his hand again. When she gets in close, Misty instead brings her foot around, aiming to trip him, while at the same time, she brings the hilt up, hoping to hit Tav in the chest.
Misty Snowsong
Player

Character sheet

Postby Tavil on March 2nd, 2014, 4:26 am

I ready myself for another strike, but, to my surprise, she goes for my feet. I attempt to step back, but she catches my front foot before I can redistribute my balance. I fall forward, but catch myself by driving my sword down toward the ground. I see her driving the hilt of her dagger up and attempt to kick up with my left foot. I spin over the sword, but not before a solid hit on my shoulder. "Good hit, Misty." I say with a grin. "But don't be afraid to use the blade itself as well. Just don't try to kill me." I chuckle to myself for a moment, but quickly regain my focused composure. With my left hand, I pull the sheath from the blade. I take my stance once more, but this time with right arm curved up and toward Misty. I hold my left hand in front of me again, the tip of the sheath pointing away from my thumb.
Tavil
Player

Character sheet

Postby Misty Snowsong on March 2nd, 2014, 4:38 am

Misty nods in silent acknowledgement, keeping her mind as clear as possible. While she may be quite talkative when with her friend, when she needs concentration, she keeps quiet. Keeping the dagger pointed at Tav, she prepares to try to disarm him again. Circling him, but slowly drawing closer, she looks at her surroundings for an advantage. She notices a pile of sticks on the ground. Desperate to win, she begins running in. "Abase, furugu ruwet, ala alat!" Res shoots from her left hand under the pile of sticks, then flings them upward from the force of air beneath them. Hoping Tav is distracted, she aims once again for his hand, using the hilt. (Even though he says to use the blade, she is loth to hurt him.)
Misty Snowsong
Player

Character sheet

Postby Tavil on March 2nd, 2014, 4:49 am

Seeing the sticks launch into the air but not knowing their purpose, I turn my body more to the side, glancing back at the sticks but for a second to know their position. I turn my face back to Misty while slashing back at the sticks, splitting several of them into various small pieces while missing others entirely. As the dagger nears me, I thrust my left hand forward, loosening my grip on the sheath so it launches forward but guiding it toward her fingers with my enclosed hand.
Tavil
Player

Character sheet

Next