Flashback [Pyconia] Part IV: Home Free [Solo]

Spoons returns home

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

[Pyconia] Part IV: Home Free [Solo]

Postby Spoons on March 2nd, 2014, 4:14 am

52nd of Spring 508AV
Early Morning
Pyconia

Spoons had returned home after a long time in the Unforgiving. Part of the adventurer longed to return back to the world’s vastness, get lost in the twigs, leaves, forests, and streams… Yet there was a part of him that still wanted to remain home, spend time with family and fellow clay people. Entering the pyve Spoons gave a sigh of relief, his body slouching into a semi-relaxed form. He was still disappointed that he didn’t test the shell’s heating capabilities when it came to boiling the liquid contents held within, but the pycon was sure that it would work. Maybe the next time I go out… Lifting the heavy shell to examine it Spoons was quite pleased that it didn’t leak water all over the place and the cap was pretty sturdy and solid. The vine-strap could be replaced or tweaked in some fashion so that it would last longer and be more durable.

“I still have some learning and experimenting to do it would appear. I do believe that the first night I return outside I will have to test my shell’s capabilities. It wouldn’t do to have created something as helpful as the concept work in my hands and not have it work correctly.” A chuckle escaped his lips and the adventurer smirked. “That is a handy excuse to head back out next week.”

It was still early in the day, having broke camp and made it to Pyconia in a few chimes, the rest of the pyve was not entirely awaken yet, so the place was fairly quiet. Spoons decided that instead of bothering folks he would go to the Gardens and reflect on the past week and how he could improve. “Improvement is the key to survival…” And pure dumb luck.

Thread Slots: 0 out of 5
Spoons
Player

Words: 39438
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2013, 2:46 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

[Pyconia] Part IV: Home Free [Solo]

Postby Spoons on August 25th, 2014, 8:59 pm

Spoons had found himself to the Gardens after several chimes worth of searching, by the time he had found a somewhat calm and secluded spot within the rest of the denizens of the pyve were waking and the adventuring pycon felt a bit out of place, the noises that were forming were uncomfortable and he just wanted them to stop. Sitting before a small pycon-made pond the wilderness survivalist slung his homemade canteen off his shoulder and gave it a bit of a look over.

His earlier assessment was hasty and was with little concern of full usage, Spoons had no idea how well it would stand up to the real use and that was something he could start doing now, the vines were already in need of replacing even though he just wrapped them not long ago. The realization that his strap was in need to immediate replacement forced the pycon to think, he didn't really want to unload his full set of gear to find something that he could replace the vine strap with and therefore resigned himself to making a mental note of replacing it first day out from the pyve, while it was still daylight out.

The cap, after a struggling tug to remove it, came out with a thunk and Spoons had to examine both the inner contents and container and the cap itself. The edging of the cap was chipping and cracking, he could see the tugging he performed was causing stress and undue damage to the object and that just wasn't going to do. Inside the pycon could see flecks of clay in several stages of floating and sinking, he didn't see any issues with some flavoring, but over time that would cause issues as he didn't really want to drink sediment from his water source, but rather fresh water.

Frowning the pycon knew he may have to find some sort of lubricant he could utilize that would keep the clay cap and shell body from being harmed and allow for the water to remain inside. And something that won't melt or contaminate my water when heating it to ensure safe consumption. That puzzled the man and he knew he would have to think about it for several hours or days.

“Tree sap maybe... But that would harden.. Mud would harden as well.”

Thread Slots: 0 out of 5
Spoons
Player

Words: 39438
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2013, 2:46 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet