Completed Late Night Excursions to the Aquarium [Shijara]

Kel ventures out and discovers the Aquarium but he isn't the only one...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Late Night Excursions to the Aquarium [Shijara]

Postby Kel Tempest on March 5th, 2014, 12:23 am

Day 5 of Spring in the Year 514 AV

Time: One Bell After Midnight

Darkness reigned over the harbor that night. The clouds jealously horded the pale moon that hung delicately in the sky. Silence hovered over the city, almost as if it was holding it’s breathe in anticipation. The Laviku’s Wrath floated calmly in the waters of the bay, the splash of the small waves against the hull was the only sound that could be heard.

A lone figure sat on a barrel against the single mass of the thirty foot sailboat. The sails were secured, the boom moved out of the way, all was as it should be. The figure slowly ran a line of hemp through his hands, gently probing for any foreign objects, cuts or frayed edges. As he checked for any damage, he coiled the rope in a neat pile. Chimes continued to pass as he methodically worked. Every Svefra was trained from birth how to safely and properly manage equipment. Quality gear could be the difference between life or death.

He finally came to the end of the rope and wound the last remaining foot around the coil, tying it in a knot to keeping the rope from unraveling. He heft it in one hand and threw it beside the other coils.

A soft shuffling sound came from the helm of the ship, slowly growing louder. Jenkins slunk across the deck to where Kel was sitting and wound his way around his boots in a figure eight. The sea otter rumbled in his chest, content.

Kel looked down at his friend fondly.
“Heya Jenkins. What have you been up to, ya lout?” He reached down and ruffled the otter’s fur. Jenkins made a noise and the Svefra scowled at him.

“Shadd’up you lazy vermin. If anyone should be bored it should be me. I’ve been slaaaaving over here while you did what? Sleep?” He scoffed and stood up. Kel cracked his back, feeling the muscles tighten from being stationary for so long. He had the ship to himself tonight it seemed. Which he felt was rather an injustice because at that moment, he could have done with some company.

Kel started walking to the cabin when he stopped and looked at Jenkins.

“Hmm, you’re probably right. It’d do us some good to stretch the ol’ legs out.” He looked out towards the city. “I don’t know where to go though, it’s only been what, five days since we’ve been here.” Kel sighed and tapped his foot, thinking. Suddenly he remembered something. He sprang into action and headed to the cabin.

A few ticks later, his head poked out from the doorframe. He looked around warily, making sure the coast was clear. He quickly crept across the deck towards the sea otter. He crouched on one knee and held up a crumpled piece of parchment. He glared daggers at the tavan.

“Know this, you breathe a word that I used this ratchet, bureaucratic, policy wield, scandal causing, people manipulating PAPER…” His voice rose as he spoke. He realized it and snapped his jaw shut. He leaned down so his nose was touching the otter’s. “...I will personally skin you alive and make a hat out of your tail.” He unfolded the thin paper delicately and held it out, trying to make out the words.

“Petching common…letters don’t even make sense…” Kel knew a few of his letters and could write his name and a few basic words but was my no means skilled even to read. He had learned when he was young but most of it had been forgotten. He rotated the map, hoping that the different angle would somehow unlock the mystery of the scribbles. He gave up and just looked at the pictures instead. He examined the shapes and followed the outline of what was clearly roads. He found a little open patch that looked like it could be a field or something.

He held it down to Jenkins to see. Kel pointed at the spot on the map,
“Want to go check this place out?” The otter chittered. Kel leaped to his feet, indignantly.

“TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW! I will NOT conform to their society just because I used their petching map!” Kel stormed off but returned a split second later, seething. “Fine! Just stay here! I hope you have an awful time while I do awesome things!”

Kel stomped over to the gunwale and jumped off the boat onto the dock. He strode off into the night, footfall growing quieter and quieter until it disappeared.

A few ticks went by before the clomping of boots could be heard returning once more.

Kel appeared and rested his hands on the gunwale, staring at Jenkins who sat motionlessly on the deck. There was silence as they glared at one another. Kel spoke up.

“Well, are you coming?” He gestured impatiently at his friend. Jenkins leaped up and scurried across the deck and onto the pier. The two strode down the dock towards the little oval shape that was marked on the map. Kel’s voice could be heard faintly as they walked farther and farther away.

“…you can go right back on the boat if you’re going to keep complaining you…”

Last edited by Kel Tempest on March 13th, 2014, 6:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kel Tempest
Alleged Criminal // Racketeer

Words: 268903
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2014, 8:50 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shijara on March 5th, 2014, 1:14 am

The sound of soft boots pattering against the ground trailed after the brunette woman, the sound of her humming filling the air along side it. Tonight was a pleasant night. A good night. The irritations from the day before had gone from her mind, and instead she enjoyed the warming weather, walking around Riverfall contently. She felt safe enough, her feathered cloak draped over an arm as she moved, her backpack hanging idly on her shoulder.

Hair tied high in a ponytail, black waves were lifted to expose her tan neck, and Shijara walked proudly. In fitted black leggings and corseted top, it was an average outfit, but Shijara was feeling more confident than usual. she didn't know where she was going, but there was a rumor of a place where you could learn about water creatures. She did not know the word for it in common and she tended to forget its name when she did hear it. Still, it would prove to be an excellent learning experience, and she could feel her excitement picking up the more she explored the city.

Finally, Shijara spotted the location and picked up her pace, jogging to its doors. She noticed a few people going in as well, but not many. It would be a fairly quiet location, she guessed. Someplace to relax and have fun. She was practically bouncing when she reached its entrance, a child-like grin on her face. She had no idea what she would see, and she was ready. To make sure she was where she intended, she turned to a nearby Akalak who looked as though he worked there, "Is this the...," there she was, forgetting the word, "Fish palace?"

He gave her a funny look and laughed, nodding. He didn't bother to correct her, and motioned her inside. She still held her smile, and she paused to talk to the man, "That is not right, is it?"

"No, but I thought it was perfectly fine," the male leaned against the wall, looking down at the small woman, "Have you been here before?"

Shijara shook her head, returning the warrior's smile. For a moment, she forgot about her goals, and began discussing with the Akalak about her home in the desert. He told stories of his own and she laughed. Shijara tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear and was about to continue the conversation -- something the looked an awful lot like flirting --before she glanced into the street and thought she saw something familiar.

No.

A little animal was scurrying along side a man, and it chittered, a sound she was much too familiar with. "Thanks for the help," Shijara said to the Akalak, suddenly very distracted, dismissing the man almost instantly. She quickly turned and her back disappeared into the fish palace.

She thought she head the Akalak call after her, but all she could keep thinking was how much she hoped Bottle Breath hadn't seen her, or worse - recognized her.
TO MY WONDERFUL PARTNERS: You guys are the best.
Shijara
Soul Stealer

Words: 95233
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kel Tempest on March 5th, 2014, 4:50 am

Kel and Jenkins wandered through the streets. Every now and then the Svefra would look around hesitantly and pull out the map. Had anyone seen him they would have thought him a thief or a hoodlum because of how nervous he looked. But in reality, he was just embarrassed to have the map on him. It felt like a stamp of society. He’d die before letting either of his podmates see it in his possession.

The two finally arrived at their destination. The park stretched out, trees, bushes and flowers clothed in darkness. Kel crossed his arms and frowned.

“Jenkins, we've been tricked. This is a lousy park.” He flicked the map with a finger. “And this is why we don’t use maps.”

The Svefra crumpled up the parchment and tossed it on the ground. He was about to make a wise crack when out of the corner of his eye he spotted movement. He turned and saw a shadow move across the street into a building. Kel’s curiosity instantly quipped and he found his feet taking him in the direction that the form disappeared into. Something about the figure reminded him of something, but it kept slipping from the edges of his thoughts.

He reached the door and went inside. Kel looked around, expecting to see the shadow but was sorely disappointed. A few steps past the door, h began to feel a slight tingling sensation in the back of his mind and a ghost of a smile played across his lips. He followed the impression and came to a desk that sat in the corner. A middle aged Charodae sat behind the desk, organizing a binder. Kel squinted at it but couldn’t make out any of the symbols. Once again it was gibberish. The Charodae looked up from her desk and peered at the Svefra.

The Charodae looked up and smiled at Kel. “Ahhh, I thought I sensed a fellow Oceanus around.” Kel’s grin widened. He was familiar with the Charodae race having dealt with them during his travels with his pod.

“Hello there. My name is Seafoam Kandu. It’s good to see a Svefra come in here and take an interest in our Aquariums! I’m the Head Aquarist here at the Menagerie Aquarium. Is there anything I can help you with?”

Kel bowed gallantly.
“Hello Seafoam. Me name is Kel of the Greytide pod. It tis good to meet one of yehr’ kind.” He looked around even more curious than before at the room still not seeing any form of sea life.

“Yeh’ know, I saw a mate come here. Just missed ‘em. Anyone come through?” Kel lied. He knew someone came in here and his mind was set on finding out who if for no other reason than to appease the boredom. Seafoam nodded and pointed down the main hall.

“Yes, a woman just came through here not a split second before you came in. If you hurry, you should be able to catch up.”

Kel extended a hand and Seafoam placed her hand in his. He bowed and kissed it, winking roguishly before spinning around and taking off.
“Thanks!” He called over his shoulder.

“Here that Jenkins? It’s a laaaaady friend,” He wiggled his eyesbrows at the Tavan suggestively. “Let’s find this mysterious person so we can have some company tonight!”

The two hurried down the halls, weaving past furniture and small plaques with information about sea life. Suddenly Kel spotted what appeared to be a figure, not ten feet away.

“Hey! Mate! Wait up!” Kel called out, hoping they would turn and greet him.

Last edited by Kel Tempest on March 15th, 2014, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kel Tempest

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shijara on March 5th, 2014, 5:56 pm

Shijara was muttering curses in Tawna under her breath, glancing over her shoulder every other second until she started to finally relax. She took a deep breath, "I don't think he saw me." She continued speaking in her language, more to herself than any others. Most had already moved farther into the Aquarium, and soon Shijara was passing tanks, colorful fish swimming leisurely around their habitat. She stopped, and was in awe. Most fish she had been salted, a dull color. Never alive. Never so vibrant.

You make the most interesting friends. Sonnet's voice played in her head, and the Chaktawe knew the spirit was teasing her. Humorous sarcasm laced the observation, and just then, Kel's voice called out to her. She jumped, turning her face, making eye contact with the Svefra. Instantly she regretted the decision. The surprise on her face surely gave her away, and there was no way she could pretend to not know him now.

There was a chance he did not remember her, and recalling their encounter the day before, it was very unlikely. Still, she smiled politely, but the action was tense. She was torn slightly between wanting to ignore him and leaving all together. No. He wouldn't take away that from her. She was going to have fun.

"Long time no see."

Shijara's voice came out more like a sigh, like someone tired coming home from a long day of work to find more trouble. "How's the jaw?" A shadow of a smile pulled at her lips, and she turned to completely face Kel. She reminded herself of his name, as well as the animal at his feet. She looked down, tempted to frown at the creature but when she saw its eyes, all her animosity for it faded. The tiny otter made her heart ache, and for a moment she might of understood why the Svefra had been so harsh towards the animal the day before, although she doubted his anger was truly real. How could anyone stay mad at something so... lovable?

She could. She held a tiny grudge, but it was difficult to maintain. Her glare softened. Hmph. It was still likely the thing was bad luck, as cute as it might be, and she looked back up at Kel. She braced for him to recoil at seeing her eyes, and she crossed her arms preparing for it.

"Now, did you come to see the fish, or to make me suffer?"
Shijara
Soul Stealer

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kel Tempest on March 5th, 2014, 11:25 pm

The figure whirled around, surprise written across her face. A smile played itself around the corners of his mouth as he trotted up to the now revealed woman. Jenkins chattered wildly, almost bouncing up and down on his feet. Kel looked down at him distractedly, trying to divide his attention between getting a closer look at the woman and paying attention to his tavan.

The sea otter began running around Kel’s feet tripping him up.

“Jenkins, what’s the matter with you? Do you know this woman?” The sea otter chittered excitedly. Kel looked up in surprise and looked closely at the woman standing directly in front of him. She blinked and the Svefra focused on her eyes. He recoiled slightly when he saw that her eyes were colored black. “Laviku’s beard! What the shyke is wrong with her eyes? What’da freak…”He recovered from his initial shock and continued looking her over, quickly. All in all, she was quite pretty.

Kel smirked at her and bowed, mockingly.
“Heyo there ma’lady. Me name is Kel, Svefra of the Greytide pod, sisterpod of the Tempest.” He held out his hands widely, basking in the blue light that reflected from the tanks of water and creatures. “Yeh’ enjoyin’ the beauty of Laviku?”

Jenkins scurried over to the woman and began circling her, chittering. Kel scowled at him, “Jenkins! Stop that!” He glanced at the woman again, warily. “Jenkins, thinks he knows yeh' from somewhere…” He paused a moment and suddenly thinking of her initial comment when he approached her.

“…wait. Have we met before?” Kel scoured his memory for a picture of the woman, but kept coming up blank. He had never seen her before. But apparently Jenkins remembered her from somewhere. He didn’t appreciate his tavan knowing something he didn’t. The sea otter would lord it over him for ages. He shot the otter a black look as he waited for her response.

Kel Tempest

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shijara on March 6th, 2014, 3:43 am

Am I enjoying Laviku's beauty? Who is this La...viku? Shijara wasn't sure she knew exactly who he was talking about, but she turned to the fish. He must have meant the fish, of course. Is Laviku another word for fish in common? A word she was not familiar with?

Shijara feigned knowledge. "I was trying to," she said sharply. Kel began talking to his otter, and she was reminded of her guardian. When the man looked up and addressed her, she repressed the urge to snap at him. He didn't remember. Apparently Jenkins did, however. Fantastic. She bent, putting her hands on her knees as she eyed the animal. Stop giving me away! He's going to figure it out.

She looked up at Kel, wanting to say a plethora of things. Jenkins is mistaken. I saw more of your insides spewing onto the floor than anything. I still hate you. Do not speak to me. Your pet is the harbinger of my anguish.

"That depends."

The Chaktawe straightened herself, deliberately taking in the man's appearance slowly. Sober. Or he appeared to be sober enough. He wasn't screaming every word or picking fights so that was a good sign. Should she really risk giving him another chance?

Jenkins continued to circle her, and she knew playing it cool would be futile, "Are you going to black out again and leave me to clean up your...," Shijara searched for the word in common, stuck as her irritation rose. She made the motion with her hand, "insides? Are you going to break things and make me talk us out of hefty fines? Are you going to fight giants?" The last detail always made her smile, and she tried to fight it, before shaking her head and turning back towards the glass, "Go on, Kel. Let me enjoy these..." she pointed to the tropical fish, hesitating, "Lavikus."

Shijara
Soul Stealer

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kel Tempest on March 6th, 2014, 5:15 am

Kel blinked. “Black out again and leave me to clean you up,” echoed back through his mind as he tried to understand what she was implying. Suddenly it dawned on him, “Waaaait…I blacked out other day from drinkin’ alot…can’t remember a thing.” He remembered the pictures he found in his pocket. They depicted the, what he assumed to be, events of the day. “Yeh’ the one who painted those pictures?”

He chuckled as he remembered one of them, “Remember teh’ one of the woman with the bugged out eyes, cleanin’ teh’ floor?” He laughed heartily. “Hilarious…” When his mirth faded he settled down and looked at her again. She did not looked pleased. “Aye, don’t look so mad. It was an experience, no? Now yeh’ have a good story.” He chuckled again at the mental image of the bug eyed girl.

She ranted for a while and Kel tuned her out. He was used to woman yelling at him, it wasn’t anything new. After a few moments, he realized she had finished and was looking at him expectantly. He had no idea what she said so he thought it best to try and distract her from thinking about his alleged actions.

Kel wandered over to the glass that held the salty water at bay. The light blue water that pressed up against the tank turned into inky blackness the farther back it stretched, obscuring his vision. Kel craned his neck in her direction and winked.

“Now yeh’ just watch the show.”

Just before turning, he spotted a small school of beautifully scaled yellowtails swimming almost out of sight, near the back of the tank. A small smile flinted across his face as the idea fully formed. Kel spun around and stood still, face looking down towards the ground.

A few ticks passed and nothing happened. Kel began humming. The deep rumble in his chest grew louder and louder. He slowly lifted his face until it was pointed towards the ceiling, eyes closed. Suddenly he thrust his open hand straight into the air and an explosion of color blasted into view. Yellow and blue shapes shot through the water in a circle of bodies, churning the water in their wake.

He jerked his fist to the side abruptly and the fish halted, frozen in place. He slowly began moving his hand in small waves from left to right as if the conductor in an orchestra. The school of fish began following in sync with his hand. He made his gestures wider and wider until the fish were moving as one in a graceful arch above his head.

Kel brought his other hand up and clapped them together loudly. As soon as they touched he separated his hands, still in the air. The school of yellow tailed fish split into two groups, each following the other hand. Kel continued waving both hands in the air. Each group of fish followed the hands held extended by his sides. Kel started spinning his wrists in circles and the school of fish began spinning as if in a cyclone.

The two beautiful colored tornados swirled through the water, Kel between them in the center. He clapped overhead and they froze. Kel lowered his hands. Silence filled the room. The only movement the swirl of bubbles that floated towards the surface.

Suddenly Kel’s hand shot through the air above him. The two groups of fish merged together as one and organized into the letters:

W E

They hovered in the water for a moment, holding their shape. The Svefra snapped his other hand up into the air beside the other. The fish quickly changed shapes until they shaped into a big, yellow and blue colored heart. Kel swiftly brought both hands down and bowed at the waist, hands extended out beside him. The fish swirled around each other and formed into letters one last time:

K E L

Kel stayed like that a moment before clapping his hands twice. They fish exploded in a different direction, disappearing into the darkness. He looked up at the woman, gauging her expression. He did everything he could to keep a straight face. Having the Oceanus gnosis granted to him by Laviku allowed him control over individual sea creatures or a small school of fish. He didn’t even need to touch the water, all he needed to do was know the exact location of the creatures or feel for them when he touched the water. The hand gestures and humming was just for show. He thought it would be funny to see her reaction to his display of antics.

“Well, mate. What’da ya’ think?”

Last edited by Kel Tempest on March 20th, 2014, 9:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kel Tempest

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shijara on March 6th, 2014, 3:34 pm

Shijara wanted to hate him. She didn't want to watch his show, she didn't want to talk to him. She certainly did not want to even be in the same location as someone so obnoxious, but when he faced her, she found herself peeking out of the corner of her eye to see what he would do. When nothing immediate happened, she opened her mouth to say something smug, and promptly lost her breath. His humming had done something. Something... impressive. There was a steady sound... Something bigger and growing closer with every passing second. And then, the explosion. Swirling colors rushed towards them, and her eyes went wide. Vibrant yellows and blues flooded around aquarium, and nothing short of a gasp left her lips. She had never seen anything so beautiful.

The yellowtails (not that she knew what they were called) flowed in unison, and the water rumbled. Bubbles swirled and Shijara was beaming. This was only a glimpse of the ocean's creatures and it was already taking her breath away. "Wow," she breathed, briefly glancing at Kel, "How..." Her words faded, and she decided not to question it.

Her companion was putting on quite the show, wildly moving his hands, with the fish in suit. The Chaktawe wanted to call him a show off, but she was unfortunately charmed. And then, silence. The fish began creating shapes and symbols and while her own reading was terrible, she could piece enough of what it said.

Laughter shot from her mouth, and she ran a hand down her face, pausing at her mouth and soon the fish slowed down, their bubbles rising and vanishing in the wake of the performance.

Shijara was still speechless, and she searched for the words. "You are so..." she smiled in disbelief, "Vain."

How does you head not break your neck?

While truer words were never spoken, there was a smile still on her lips, and her expression had softened. How could someone be upset with something so amazing shown off to them? "Can you show me more?" she challenged, raising in eyebrow. She was slowly backing deeper into the aquarium, almost at the door of the next room. Shijara tucked a strand of black hair behind her ear, "Hmm..."

This man was a show off. Arrogant and annoyingly so. Still, he could do things she never dreamed and her curiosity, the curiosity that compelled her to leave the sands of Eyktol burned as she stood by him. What more could he offer? It was interesting, and suddenly she wasn't so sure if she wanted him to leave. "I'm... willing to spend time with you, if you teach me." She pointed to a tiny creature at the bottom of the sea. It scurried along the floor, like some kind of sea spider. A crab. "What is that?" She pressed her hands against the glass, leaning close to try and get a better look.

"Let me see," she had a child like wonder in her voice, and there was an excitement swirling in her dark eyes. Her next word came out quieter, grudgingly, but still laced with a trace of forgiveness and wonder, "...please."

Shijara
Soul Stealer

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kel Tempest on March 6th, 2014, 11:29 pm

Kel smirked at her. She was completely caught up in wonder at his performance. No one could stay mad at that. That performance was just awesome. He looked mournfully at her, “I’m sorry, it not somethin’ I can teach.” He shrugged sadly. “I have a gift. They just come to me.”

Kel made his way over to the glass where she had pointed at the scurrying animal. He walked over to it and leaned down. He pressed his ear against the glass and pretended to listen to it. He nodded, “Uh huh.” The little crab hopped up and slowly drifted back down to the sand. “Really…” Kel shook his head slowly. “Yeh’ don’t say…”

Kel leaned up from the glass. He looked around with exaggerated caution and then wiggled a finger at her to come closer. “That? that is a crab. Yeh’ have a secret admirer.” He held up a hand to keep her from looking, “No! Don’t look! He shy. He would have told yeh’ himself but…nerves yeh’ kno.”

He looked back down at the small round shape with its spidery legs. “Louis…yeh’ can’t just win a girl’s heart just by askin’ fer it.” The crabs eye stalks twitched. “Huh, yeh’ said it. Maybe if yeh’ put on a show fer’ her.” Kel waited but nothing happened. He waved a hand, “Well, go on!”

The small crab raised a claw and clacked it together. It raised the other claw and did the same thing. The little crab started running in circles, eye stalks twitching wildly. It scuttled over to the glass and tapped on it. Suddenly it scurried across the ground and hid under a rock. Only its eye stalks poked out.

“C’mon Louis…don’t yeh’ be shy…” Kel looked apologetically at Shijara.

He enjoyed toying with her. She didn’t need to know that every Svefra ever born was gifted with the power of Laviku. It was more fun this way. He feinted anxiety and then locked eyes with her, looking serious.

“Okay, I think I can trust yeh’. I’mat show yeh’ the secret to me powah. I’m the only one. With this, I control the sea and all in it.”

Kel grabbed her hand and tugged her farther into the aquarium. They rounded the corner and into a tunnel. Massive fish swam overheard in the glass chamber. Kel looked around again as if guarding against spies. He looked at Shijara intensely, trying to pretend like what he was about to show her was a big deal.

The Svefra slowly unbuttoned the top of his shirt until his chest was revealed. He pulled the fabric over to the side, slowly revealing jagged edges of his gnosis tattoo. The abstract waves roiled and churned as if it was alive. The colors blended together, solified and continued their wild dance across his pectoral.

“This is the source of me powah. I draw from it. It’s magic.” There was a glint in Kel’s eye and he did his best to keep a straight face.

“I remember tellin’ yeh’ me name, but I don’t recall getting’ yours. What will I be callin’ yeh?”

Last edited by Kel Tempest on March 7th, 2014, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kel Tempest

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shijara on March 7th, 2014, 4:51 am

Shijara made a face as she watched the crab, its tiny claws moving around and the tap on the glass that got her attention. She rolled her eyes, but there was still a smirk. What was he trying to accomplish? Saying things like that? When he locked eyes with her, she held his gaze, weary but stubborn. She felt his hand grab hers and Shijara almost pulled back in surprise, but his grip was firm and his hands rougher than her own. In fact, her whole body stumbled after him as she was lead to the other room, and her mind was spinning at the thought of secrets.

She took a step back when he reached for his shirt, her guard instantly rising. She looked around. No one else was in the tunnel, and she blinked. She resisted the urge to ask what he was talking about. "You lie," She shook her head. Did he expect her to believe him? He was a regular man. Not a god.

Yet... there were stories of Eywaat showing himself as a man. Surely the other gods could as well. But this man...? No. She refused to believe it. She shook her head again to convince herself, but stopped the more cloth he pulled back. Soon some of his chest revealed and on one of his pectoral muscles was artwork Shijara had never experienced seeing before. She had heard of tattoos, even seen a few. But ones that moved?

She took a step closer, a tentative one. It was perhaps one of the few times she had ever shown caution. Her mouth dropped slightly, and she looked at the sea around them. It seemed normal enough, and eyed his suspiciously. There was doubt written all over her features, but she leaned closer, watching the art sway and swirl. It was... alive.

"I'm Shijara."

She felt it silly to reintroduce herself but knew it was necessary. Without much warning, the Chaktawe put her small hand over the marking, feeling flesh. She was still interested, "But you've called me worse." Then Shijara wanted to show Kel something, anything to show him up, a competitive urge building up inside her but she didn't have anything nearly as impressive.

"Hmm.. You have a few redeeming qualities after all. I still hate you, though, so..." Shijara trailed off and smiled to herself, letting her fingers drop.

Black eyes clashed with blue.
Shijara
Soul Stealer

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next