[Quest Coordination] The Fall Hunt: Honourable Pursuits

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

[Endrykas Quest] The Fall Hunt: Honourable Pursuits

Postby Aiken on September 26th, 2010, 6:00 pm

Yea, someone would willing to watch 2 cute little puppies romp around and play for a few days. Really, who wouldn't like that?
Aiken
Player

Words: 33294
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 3:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

[Endrykas Quest] The Fall Hunt: Honourable Pursuits

Postby Tundris on October 6th, 2010, 9:22 pm

Just to communicate with you all, I have an exam this friday so I will be busy until then. But I will get a post in this weekend sometime, and the hunt shall continue as planned!!!
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Words: 59440
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2009, 10:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Tundris on October 15th, 2010, 7:10 pm

Hey all, just wanted to touch bases with everyone and get some creative juices flowing. I have a general path for the quest but love to implement situations involving PCs and their personal paths into the quest as well. If there is something specific you wish to explore with your character and would like to see it woven into the quest somehow, don't be shy to share any ideas you might have!

I will throw out opportunities for your characters to get xp (and you all choose whether to practice those skills or move on), but unfortunately I am not in your head! Its likely that all of you do a lot of your brainstorming internally when thinking about your character's progression what kinds of events will change or strengthen their life perspective and goals.

This is really just an invitation to share your plans because sometimes PCs find they have something in common with fellow players, and it can make for some really great collaborative storytelling.

You can post to this thread for public discussion or pm me privately so it can be a surprise for other players. Either way it is fun to get involved in our character's futures, put them in outrageous situations and then see how we and our friends react as we wing it. The possibilities are endless so lets' have some fun!
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on October 16th, 2010, 12:08 am

I plan on Eldon gaining some skill points in Injury Obtaining. :)

But really I just plan for the standard Riding, Lance weapon, and if I find the opportunity, throwing ax. Perhaps water reimancy if the group ever gets a resting place.

Mostly I just like the rp aspect of the quest. Skills are only a small bonus.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aiken on October 16th, 2010, 8:43 pm

I'd like plenty in unarmed combat and hunting if I can. Oh, and lores for hunting in the sea of grass or animals within I suppose. But otherwise yea, I want to give Aiken the experience of just being out there and involved.
Aiken
Player

Words: 33294
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 3:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on October 17th, 2010, 6:03 am

I was hoping Sam would earn some general hunting skills. Perhaps some more Riding, Horsemanship, and Scimitar too, depending on what all they have to take down. Leadership is a plus since he wants to be an Ankal someday, and I was hoping to earn him a smattering of gnoses such that he gets the idea that the gods are trying to tell him he's in the right place doing the right thing...
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Tundris on October 17th, 2010, 12:58 pm

LOL well its good to know what you guys want to practice skill wise, but I was more getting at 'what is your character developing plot wise' during the time of the hunt. not necessarily why they're on the hunt but perhaps something else in life they are dealing with, something they're working towards. I know this is sort of a hard question to ask since these things can often not be discovered until it just happens and then you go 'oh thats a cool idea, i'll go with that!' But most of the time careful planning has to go towards really developing your character.

example: Sam is trying to explore his leader side so he can run a pavilion. Knowing that members of his family are on the hunt with him, I might put his character into a situation where he has to lead them, and his family into a situation where they have to put a lot of trust into him.

Another example could be: Jane has never truly dealt with the death of her siblings who were killed by glassbeaks, it haunts her every night and she has some rage towards the vicious beasts. If Jane were on the hunt, that might be a good opportunity to confront those feelings and work towards respecting nature again (even glassbeaks because every animal serves its purpose). Alternately, she might encounter glassbeaks again, lose a friend or her strider, and a whole world of angst might crash down on her, which can make for totally awesome storytelling even if the character is in pain.

Knowing this as a mod, I would be glad to set up situations where this character is tested, and those kinds of events can end up being pretty significant for char development and go into their history.

I'm not saying you all have to do this, if you choose not to and just want xp don't worry about it. But all I'm saying is that these quests are a good chance for you to do character development if there is something you are working through.
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Dymphna on October 17th, 2010, 7:55 pm

Dymphna did a pretty good job of explaining what I'm hoping to achieve with her first - She needs to make peace with being outside of Endrykas. I think adding onto that - hopefully she can figure out that she can protect herself and those she cares about instead of becoming the victim of circumstance. (Because obviously it's not safe out on the Sea of Grass.)

She's not confident in her abilities as a healer as opposed to strictly being an herbalist, so I hope she gains a bit more confidence there.
Dymphna
Player

Words: 79238
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on October 17th, 2010, 8:45 pm

Yeah, I think Sam pretty much gave his IC expectations already. Leading, re-learning Drykas ways, making a name for himself. If you have any specific questions based on what he said, I will try to clarify! :D
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on October 17th, 2010, 9:16 pm

OH! Well, I'm talking with Cayenne right now about doing a thread where Eldon meets up with Makutsi. In the long run, he's going to try and be her follower, and of course dreams of taking up the status of 'Makutsi's Champion'. So yeah, that's Eldon's goals, Master Reimancer + Raindancer.

[edit]

Also, I am always reading for some trying times in Eldon's life. I need something to happen for him to be pissed off.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext