[Quest Coordination] The Fall Hunt: Honourable Pursuits

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

[Endrykas Quest] The Fall Hunt: Honourable Pursuits

Postby Tundris on September 20th, 2010, 7:06 pm

Alright Everyone, It looks like we're good to go. I have alot of school commitments to get out of the way this week but will post up the quest's first post starting this weekend on saturday or sunday. We will begin at our encampment and all your first posts will be introductions by the bonfire in the middle. After that (the morning after) we will begin hunting right away.

The actually quest will be posted in the Sea of Grass forums and an encampment of Drykas pavilions will be set up. Two Drykas Hunter Masters (NPCs) will be accompanying your team and will join the encampment to be there as guides and mentors if any of you have questions or seek hunting tips. Your team will share a pavilion together.

The Riding skill will come into play many times in the first few hunts, as you will be rounding up and herding groups of prey. Keep in mind that respect for these animals is crucial and that the meat you obtain is going to feed Drykas during the end of Fall Ceremony, so brutally killing them is not preferred - perform as swift strikes as possible to minimize the animal's trauma.

For the herbalists in the group, we will be out in the grasslands so there will be constant opportunities for you to pick from the land as you see fit. This will give you chances to increase your skills. I will introduce many minor cuts and scrapes for the medicine users to practice on as well!

This quest is going to be all about team work. So put your heads together, get to know each other's skills and characters, and form a strategy to take down what you're hunting.

After each 'hunt' (as there will be a string of them increasing in difficult as the quest goes on), there will be opportunities to get skill points for skinning, cooking, preserving, etc. But if not, all meat and hides will be processed by the hunters regardless and collected on carts to take back to Endrykas when the hunt is finished. The teams will bring back their bounty and remains from the hunts (horns, hides, claws, etc) will be awarded to the most vigilant and skilled of those who participated in the kills. These remains can then be taken to leatherworkers to be made into armour or items of their choice, and to the best hunters their item will be imbued with magic as a bonus.

Everyone who participates will receive items and be winners, but some will get a tad more than others :)

If any of you have suggestions of things you would like to see happen during the quest do not hesitate to post the request in this thread. We will use this thread as a space to talk out of character and do coordination.

Lastly, your team should have a team name! Care to vote on one?

Drykas Hunting Team (Untitled):
Sam'ael (Riding, Short Bow, Scimitar)
Dymphna (Riding, Medicine)
Denen (Riding, Medicine)
Aiken (Hunting, Unarmed)
Vanator (Axe, Riding, Short Bow)
Ryjaoka (Riding, Hunting, Leadership)
Kayiri (Riding, Long Sword)
Eldon (Spear, Riding, Water Reimancy)
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Words: 59440
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2009, 10:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kayiri on September 20th, 2010, 9:13 pm

Hey hey hey, Hex, I will have you know I am good with Composite shortbow :P

I say we name it Team Glassbeak, or team Zith Slayers. :D
Kayiri
The Prideful Drykas

Words: 114225
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 2:35 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on September 21st, 2010, 3:45 am

Hey!

Sam doesn't have to be the leader of the pack or anything, but I will probably try to get a little bit of leadership out of this, too. Like lieutenant-ing, even. Since he wants to be an Ankal when he grows up.

Can't wait!
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Aiken on September 21st, 2010, 5:45 am

Red Team. Sam can be Red One, and Aiken can be Red Five.
Aiken
Player

Words: 33294
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 3:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Dymphna on September 21st, 2010, 2:19 pm

Dymphna would pitch a fit at the mere mention of Zith slaying. ;)

The Valiant Striders! Sort of like Wild Stallions from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure only, you know, awesome. *nods slowly*
Dymphna
Player

Words: 79238
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on September 22nd, 2010, 12:13 am

Sexual Chocolate.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vanator on September 22nd, 2010, 5:31 pm

facepalms. Van is not following Sam anywhere! As for a name, I like Valiant Striders, because it is very Drykas-ish (and so, like most excellent). I decided not to suggest my own...Septic Gonk Gerbils.
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Aiken on September 22nd, 2010, 5:48 pm

Yea, actually. I agree with Valiant Striders,
Aiken
Player

Words: 33294
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 3:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Tundris on September 26th, 2010, 4:47 am

The quest is up!!!!

The posting order is not terribly important at this point, just post in whatever order you wish. If not all of you post to this thread in a week's time, I will move the quest along and abandon those who haven't made their first post. It would be best to communicate whether you will be able to continue with the quest or not, but I have also designed it so that if someone decides to drop out, it isn't terribly obvious. This is why I skipped doing introductions, lets just 'get on with it'. :)

AIKEN:
I'm wondering how to deal with the pups you have. We either mention that they are back in endrykas or? They wouldn't be able to walk for such a long distance, but perhaps we can think of something... Think about it!
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Words: 59440
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2009, 10:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on September 26th, 2010, 5:30 pm

Re: wolf pups.

Sam has relations among the horseclans. Someone would take in the wolf pups for a bit. They'll probably have Horse too, since Sam will be riding Dohaina on the hunt. No Windrunner can compete with a Strider in Cyphrus!
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext