[Note by Ragdoll] Odiv Marsen

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Odiv Marsen

Postby Odiv Marsen on March 14th, 2014, 12:30 am

Odiv Marsen

Appearance

Race: Human
Birthday: 9th, Spring, 494
Birthplace: Syliras

Appearance: Standing an unassuming 5'9", Odiv is unremarkable. Shoulder length blond almost brown hair held back in a small pony-tail, skin tanned from working outdoors a lot, and a body that is fit from that work. His face is his only characteristic that stands out. While not strikingly beautiful or down right ugly, his ready smile and attentive brown eyes show a person that hopes to be trusted and trusts implicitly.

Character Concept
A new soul in the world seeking to make his way in lands that are not of his forefathers.

Trusting to a fault, he is likely to be taken advantage of at some point in his life.

The times he gets the greatest satisfaction is when he helps someone. Anything from opening a door for someone to sitting down and listening to their problems and offering advice. The greatest reward he can receive is a heartfelt "Thank you."

Character History

Born in Syliras, Odiv's father was low ranking Knight. Early in Odiv's life, a riot broke out. Odiv doesn't care why it did, just that his mother was caught in the middle of it and the knights response to the riot ended up killing many, including his mother.

After the incident Odiv's father was allowed to leave the Knights to care for his son. He was given a job at Windmount stables as a stable hand and Odiv spent much of his time there watching and learning and eventually helping. All the while Odiv's father taught him the "Truth" of the Knights of Syliras: their brutality and contempt for those not of the Knights. As such, to this day a Knight of Syliras is one person that will have to earn Odiv's trust.

A faithful man, Odiv's father would constantly remind him that no matter the situation one he had to trust in himself and trust Yahal to lead him when times got tough.

When Odiv was thirteen he found his fathers bastard sword hidden under his bed. Drawing it from its sheath he began playing with it like he was a warrior slaying droves of enemies. In reality the sword was so big and heavy that his play amounted to heaving the sword from his shoulder at whatever imaginary foe he was facing and letting gravity take care of the rest. One particularly careless swing spun him around and he cut a leg off of the small table holding his fathers wash basin. With a resounding clatter and crash the table and wash basin came down, soon followed by Odiv's father charging into the room. Quickly assessing what happened, his father grabbed up a belt lying nearby and gave Odiv a whipping that a kid only needs once.

After, Odiv's father explained to him that you never play with a weapon, you could hurt yourself or kill someone you care about. From that day on whenever they had spare time Odivs father would train him how to use a bastard sword, starting with a small wooden one that Odiv could hold. As he grew the sword got bigger and bigger, but remained wooden, his father always saying that once he got big enough he would have one made for him. Secretly Odiv felt that his father never would, not wanting him to have a warriors life.

Unfortunately for Odiv, he never got a chance to get his real sword, a freak accident killing his father in the stables. Something spooked a young horse and it kicked Odiv's father in the head, killing him instantly. Not able to bear the thought of living in the city anymore, Odiv stayed long enough for the funeral before he sold everything he and his father had owned, with the exception of his fathers sword and a some basic travelling gear. Upon reaching the docks he asked the Port Master what boats were taking on passengers and how much it would cost. Hearing the prices, Odiv realized no matter where he picked he would be stuck wherever he landed until he got more money. Realizing the choice that lay ahead of him and the consequences of failing, Odiv remembered what his father had said about trusting Yahal. Closing his eyes he took a deep breath and placed his finger on the list the Port Master had placed in front of him. Opening his eyes he looked where he was going.

"Riverfall. I'm going to Riverfall."

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language:
Poor Language:

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Horsemanship 25 starting 25 Competent
Riding 25 starting 25 Competent
Weapon (Bastard Sword) 15 race 15 Novice

Lores

Lore of Yahal
Lore of The Dark side of Syliras

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing (Plain)
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Bone)
-Brush (Bone)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: Father's Bastard Sword (Windoak crest etched in the base of the blade)
Housing

House: Haven't gone shopping yet

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM

Thread List

A green beginning...
Odiv Marsen
Without the sword,
I cannot protect you.
With the sword,
I cannot embrace you.
Odiv Marsen
A helping hand

Words: 7254
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2014, 5:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Odiv Marsen

Postby Ragdoll on May 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm

Moderator Intervention

Hi Odiv. I'm Ragdoll, the current AS of Riverfall. Before you can roleplay in Riverfall, there are a few problems with your CS that need to be taken care of.

• Are you sure you don't want either a basic or a poor language?
  • I'm a little confused about your Lore of Yahal. Do you mean Religion: Yahal, which is the lore of worshipping him as a god? If not, please elaborate in your PM.

PM Ragdoll when you've corrected the above issues and this intervention will be removed.
Riverfall - Behind the Waterfall - Mod Request Thread - Codex - OOC
Because of RL issues and a lack of energy that I can devote to Mizahar, I've decided to step down as an AS. I'm sorry to leave so suddenly, but it's truly been fun while it lasted. Hopefully I can come back some day.
Ragdoll
To err is human; to forgive is feline.

Words: 53704
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2014, 2:19 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes