Finding the one Familar thing(Nimvahlis Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Rojeck Harl on October 12th, 2010, 3:07 am

Rojeck listened to Nimvahlis and observed him. He already had decided to cast into the Darkface despite not knowing the lifeforms there as Nimvahlis seemed to be more serene. He felt the magic entwining his brain as Nimvahlis tried to Hypnotize him and knew now that the Mage had given away part of his secret and though it was tempting to give away that he knew he figured that he would be binding Nimvahlis enough without doing too much to him, before he was done the Ethaefal would be his even if he would not submit to Uldr. He hated the being already and that was enough cause to make this simple transaction a tough one.

Of course I will cast on the Darkface Nimvahlis, I wouldn't dream of forcing a Lightfacer on one as serene as you. However as I said if you are looking for a specific type of Familiar then the price becomes higher as I have to injure myself more to find something specific.

He was smiling as he knew he would own this one, he was looking for something specific and that alone made the bargaining all the better. He hated the Ethaefal for being so strong of will and mind as to declare he would not worship Uldr. However the bargain he proposed was intriguing .

Then our bargain will be thus Nimvahlis. You will help me convert one soul to my god for every line I cast searching for the specific Familiar you wish, if it is undead all the better. However beware of bringing me souls that are not weak and willing, my god does not impose his will on others. Those are my terms, I warn you though my god does not tolerate failure and should I fail him through any fault of yours it will not be pleasant for you.
He knew that he would simply take Nimvahlis life and grant him unlife whether he wanted it or not should he fail him, but he spoke not a word of this
They had Been walking the entire time and now they stood before a door that Rojeck opened and revealed a room with candles and a circle on the floor.

I will even fulfill my part of the bargain first. You will have your Familiar then you bring me souls. Let me aid you in your quest..find me souls that seek revenge or have been hurt and desire reparations,bring me the desperate. Those my god seeks, they will bargain with him.

He moved to the circle and said,This is a summoning circle, here we will find your companion.

He thought for a moment and saidBefore we begin I give you a thought to reflect on while we fulfill our bargain. If Leth is so worthy of your fealty then why did he cast you out in the first place? You said you were worthy of returning meaning you were cast out. Don't give me an answer..simply think about it and say nothing about it for as long as you feel that statement changes nothing.
They say there is only one life and after that you die...they lied
Rojeck Harl
Player

Words: 51882
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2010, 12:21 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nimvahlis on October 29th, 2010, 3:55 am

Nimvahlis frowned slightly at the details of their bargain, yet soon the displeased look dissolved into the tranquility that was his facade. Yet beneath the surface his annoyance continued to boil. Arrogance and hate. The price of this bargain was steep, far too much so. Yet he did not voice his vexation as he followed Rojeck into the summoning room. The Ethaefal was a still lake with unspeakable monstrosities lurking beneath, ready to snake forth and overwhelm whoever dared breach its surface.

"It sounds logical, I will accept. Though do not be disappointed when fate's decree blesses me with what I desire early. Do not fret though my friend, for if you cast but a single line I already have a candidate." Nim's eyes flashed as he thought of Atrina, the weak willed woman he had met at the Zeltivan docks. She had a mind like clay, and the Ethaefal truly thought she would be better off as one of this deity's devotees than a lost soul. With the indoctrination she would gain power, a community, and more importantly Nimvahlis would have a contact within their ranks.

Nim stared at the circle, drawing its contours within his mind. It was rare that he took such practical precautions, but something about Rojeck made him careful and down to earth. Perhaps it was because so few actively conspired against him? Nim could not tell what the Nuit's deity's objective was, but he wanted no part in it. As such, he quickly dismissed his last statement requesting contemplation. I was one of the few returned to Mizahar to fulfill Leth's bidding, I am the chosen.

As Rojeck instructed, he did not verbally retaliate. Rather he ushered the Nuit to complete his work, ready to meet the one who he would bond with. "Cast the line, call forth the companion."
Nimvahlis
Can you feel it?

Words: 96106
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2010, 9:59 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rojeck Harl on November 8th, 2010, 2:16 am

Rojeck hated Nimvahlis all the more for his resistance to the ideas he was planting. However there was time, that was the one thing he had plenty of unless the boss or Uldr said otherwise, he was consumed by the hunger, the desire to make undead, this he had to do it was what drove him. he also knew the Ethafael would be wary of him as his deal was very steep, but it this thing wanted his companion badly enough he would comply and if not...there were always ways of gaining him that had not yet been tried.

He began to alter the circle for summoning, he was competent enough with the art that his glyphs and representations were complex and not easily followed even though it was really a simple thing for him. The coordinates for Fyrden were placed in their proper places and he began to arrange his symbols in the bottom of the circle so that his line would cast into the darkface of Fyrden. he muttered chants and such and then pricked his finger, allowing a drop of white ichor to touch the circle, then he seared the wound shut.

Once the Ichor touched the circle he stepped back and there was a smoky,oily smell and the circle flashed white and then the interior became like a mirror,reflecting what was on the other side, the darkness and great mountains of ice that were on the darkface. It did not take long for his lint to attract something. A creature approached the shimmering circle, it was man like in that it had a human torso, however its lower body was covered in thick fur and it had cloven hooves for feet. Upon its head were black horns, and when it smiled it showed rows of pointed teeth. Its voice was smooth and female almost with a lilting quality.

Who calls? What are you that you can call this one?

Rojeck stood back and smiled

It looks as if we have caught something. I would suggest that you interview it and see if it is what you seek. Be very sure when you make your choice, this is a choice for life.
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nimvahlis on November 9th, 2010, 8:17 pm

Nmvahlis stood back as the portal cracked open and revealed the dark side of Fyrden. He could feel the low pressure atmosphere tugging at his robe with its cold tendrils. This plane was icy and dead. Yet what sprang forth from its loins was something entirely different. Its obsidian horns and smooth voice reminded Nimvahlis of his own kind, though he equally noted the alien legs and hooves. The Ethaefal had been picturing naught but the frozen entities of a frozen plane; the creature before him was more than unexpected.

Rojeck had fled from his mind for the moment, the words he spoke only registering on the periphery of his senses. Rather Nim stared at the creature in the center of the vortex of frigid atmosphere. When the Ethaefal spoke, it was calm and commanding as if he was not facing some unknown alien, "It is I, Nimvahlis." He stepped closer, carefully kneeling to the creature's level to better converse. The low pressure atmosphere of Fyrden sucked air into it, pulling at the magician's pale gold hair and robe. "Who are you, and what do you do? Why will you be a worthy familiar?"

The exact same threads that had woven around Rojeck now carried with Nim's voice. His calm and authoritative voice commanded truth and honesty from the potential familiar's subconscious mind. It was not overwhelming, but neither was is obvious and detectable. The surreptitious magic slipped in, almost definitely foreign and unknowable; where Rojeck had many years of experience with this world's magic, this entity had none. It wove about him to spin a cocoon of golden influence, and Nimvahlis slowly began reeling the imp in. "Where does your potential lie?"
Nimvahlis
Can you feel it?

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Rojeck Harl on November 13th, 2010, 12:50 am

The thing in the circle nodded and it was now clear that it was a diminutive thing,not more than a foot tall and it showed its rows of sharp teeth in a gesture not warm nor cold simply a gesture. It bowed serenely, the darkside creatures were as cold and calm as their side of their hellish world. It spoke again
This one calls itself Brinth. This one does not understand the term Familiar. This one does many things. This one though has not met many like you who look into this one's world. This one can change this one's appearance.

It suddenly changed its skin color so that it blended into the inky blackness as if it were invisible and then it was back.

This one can be unnoticed and be your eyes and ears. This one would keep you company and would be your friend. This one would protect you and learn from you.

At this time Rojeck spoke up. You do know Nimvahlis that you are responsible for teaching it about Mizahar. It is an alien.
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nimvahlis on November 13th, 2010, 9:58 am

A few blinks of his eyes showed Rojeck that Nim registered what he had said, and the Ethaefal shortly turned his attention back to Brinth. His focus on the small creature was needle sharp, unwilling to allow anything to distract from the divination of this imp's nature. Quicksilver eyes bored into the imp, not allowing any escape of examination.

"Right, Brinth. I am of this world named Mizahar, it would be where you live should I choose you. Believe me when I tell you it is far superior to your world. Also believe me when I tell you that you cannot lie to me, and I am more apt to choose a weaker familiar with honesty than one that attempts to deceive." Was the imp lying? Nimvahlis did not know. Yet if he was lying he would have that thought looming over his head, and if he wasn't there was no problem.

"Bring me two of your siblings or close friends. I feel that you are a prime specimen, but I must ensure this before I continue questioning you. Just as well, do you have any queries of me? Anything regarding this world?"
Nimvahlis
Can you feel it?

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Previous