Finding the one Familar thing(Nimvahlis Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Rojeck Harl on September 15th, 2010, 5:04 am

Timestamp 32 Autumn AV 510

Rojeck had found himself in a time when he wasn't needed by anyone and that was quite unusual since he was a Nuit and required no rest nor food nor drink. He actually started to wander the Citadel..at least the parts he was allowed to roam and knew how to get around in,just to see who came and went on this undead haven. He found himself this day in the Great Hall where newcomers were welcomed and Senesus was whirling around him chatting insistently, at least the big warmonger wasn't attacking every little thing, he had temporarily shamed it into behaving in that aspect.

Tho Rotheck, what bringth uth up here? You theem bored..Ith it thomething I hath done?

Rojeck felt the burning in him as he really found he hated the thing, but it had its uses he shook his head.

No Senesus you have been just fine, I simply want to walk around.

It was refreshing to be close to the outside as his season at Sahova was very eventful and he had much to think about and much to accomplish both for himself and Uldr. He was looking at the few who had gathered here and wondering what brought them to this isolated place of undeath when one caught his eye this one was tall and horned and just seemed out of place here. He pointed him out to Senesus and said
There's one that doesn't fit in here seems to stand out. I think Im going to visit with him and you will behave is that understood?

Senesus simply shimmered in a way that said he understood and they went over to the stranger.

Welcome to Sahova stranger..Im Rojeck
They say there is only one life and after that you die...they lied
Rojeck Harl
Player

Words: 51882
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2010, 12:21 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nimvahlis on September 15th, 2010, 9:45 am

As if awoken from a reverie, Nimvahlis slowly turned his head to look at the Nuit who had introduced himself as Rojeck. He shook the fog from his thoughts, focusing his mentality on the entity that had approached him. "Greetings, Rojeck." His speech was calm and otherworldly, as if the fact that he was on an island surrounded by the living dead phased him little to none. His eyes flitted over the Nuit's form for a brief instant, before locking onto his eyes. At length, he finally spoke, "Some call me Nimvahlis, others know me as a Son of Leth." There were no other greetings or pleasantries- the Ethaefal was not the most etiquette oriented person.

It had become a sixth sense, his auristics. When Nimvahlis explored somebody, he did not bother himself with idle pleasantries or questions. He cut to the soul. Razor eyes cut into Rojeck, and out spilled the contents of his aura. Though the aurist did not hide his shock as not one but two auras grew from the Nuit. The two glows overlapped and pulsed like multicolored lanterns, the larger a deep green of curiosity while the smaller was a pale orange. As Nimvahlis focused on the two vastly different auras, more details emerged.

The large aura, the one that appeared to line Rojeck himself, was hewn from a dark jade. It pulsed and reached out with its precious tendrils, pulling in knowledge from the world around it. Leylines twitched as they reacted and pulled at the cosmos of information about them. Curiosity. His aura, unlike that of so many humans and other people, was not tumultuous or chaotic. Only subtly did the hues change, his glow focusing more on the intricate designs and how the colors were presented. This was the aura of a Nuit, emotions taking second seat. Though his body did not, his soul pulsed with the energy of life. Each spasm of energy brought Nim new sensations of euphoria.

Magic was a drug.

Switched his focus, he redirected the river of djed to erode the shell of the other aura. He focused on the smaller aura, a pale rippling rust color. It bubbled and surged, like a geyser. Where the Nuit's aura was dark and brooding, this second aura was lively and bright. It's oranges reached and interwove with Rojeck's, attempting to smother the green aura. Protectiveness? Dominance? Nimvahlis was not sure of this aura's intentions. More importantly, he was not sure what this aura was. It continued seething and boiling with its inconstant nature. Judging by the radius of the aura, this second soul was clearly intelligent.

A small yawn escaped Nim's lips as he allowed the djed to sink down. He smiled, secretive yet clearly sincere- the Ethaefal radiated pleasure, but to an observer it was not clear why. "You have two auras, Rojeck. You hide a creature of sentience." His tone was neither condescending nor accusatory, it was simply a statement of an observation. With natural grace his hand reached out toward where Nimvahlis had seen the second aura, that of the unseen creature, "There". He was pointing straight at Senesus.
Nimvahlis
Can you feel it?

Words: 96106
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2010, 9:59 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rojeck Harl on September 18th, 2010, 5:27 am

Rojeck noticed that the being before him seemed to come out of some kind of mental fog before responding to him, focusing his attention on the Nuit that stood before him. His greeting was easy and practiced, as if he was approached by the undead every time Syna rose. He could tell that he was being scrutinized, studied and taken in visually. The being identified himself as Nimvahlis or a Son of Leth, something in the back of Rojeck's mind tingled at that, but he made no connection, never having met an Ethaefal before this day nor really heard of one.

It is good to meet you Nimvahlis. I hate to be nosy but what manner of being are you? I have never encountered one of your kind before and am curious.

Rojeck could feel the Djed being used by Nimvahlis as his Auristics scanned himself and Senesus. The big Sarawanki shimmered and shifted uncomfortably through the bond as Nimvahlis seemed to look right at him even though he was now In his Sealed Form which was a wineskin at Rojeck's side. He thought to Rojeck nervously
I'm going to kill this guy, he's looking right at me, he can see me

No you wont, you will stay put or I will take a privilege from you, remember we talked about cost.Don't force my hand Senesus

If nothing else the big Sarawanki had learned that Rojeck would do whatever he said he would do and so he backed down for the moment submitting to the scanning eyes of the Ethaefal. Then he spoke to them of knowing that Senesus was a living being and sentient and he even pointed toward the wineskin. Senesus almost freaked out right then and there but again Rojeck calmed him down.

Some people posses a magic that allows them to see hidden objects[ Senesus. it is called Auristics and it allows one to spot the energy that a lving thing creates, they see it as different colors depending on the nature and mood of the being being looked at in this manner. I would say that Nimvalhis has this power. again Senesus calmed down.

You are correct Nimvahlis, I do have a second life form on me. His name is Senesus and he is my Familiar.
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nimvahlis on September 20th, 2010, 6:54 am

A bolt of lightning. Lucidity shot through his mind. He has the companion. Fractal, glittering memories drifted through Nimvahlis' existence, drawing his eyes to something beyond Rojeck. The companion. A deep intake of breath, and a man was striding through hallways of despondent light. Familiar, and yet foreign, stonework fell away into the mists as the person walked the hallway. Words and emotions that were not his own reverberated, and Nim's attention focused on the icy gemstone that hung about his neck. It sparkled and pulsed with energies, just like the aura of a person.

Nimvahlis gasped, rubbing two fingers against his temples. A sheen of sweat had broken out on his forehead as the hallucination dissolved. The walking man and his gemstone pendant had vanished, neither Rojeck nor Senesus having ever seen either. None see what my eyes do. His head throbbed and he felt a mite dizzy. Companion. A second mind. The thought rang between his ears, striking a strange resonance with his brain.

As if he finally remembering the Nuit before him, Nimvahlis refocused his eyes and spoke, "Rojeck, I wish to acquire a familiar." Unaware of how precisely Sahova's gears turned but quite certain nothing happened freely, he continued, "I am more than willing to offer you aid in whatever endeavor you deem fit, so long as I do not lose my life." The exclusion seemed necessary in this place.

"You will do this, Rojeck." It was not a command, nor was it a plea. It was a simple statement of fact. Nimvahlis knew this.

Shimmering facets of ice shone in his memories. Soon he would be reunited with the companion.
Nimvahlis
Can you feel it?

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Rojeck Harl on September 25th, 2010, 3:56 am

Rojeck noted that Nimvahlis never did replay directly to his query about what kind of being he was, but he did seem to be kind of within his own mind for a while and then he was back again with Rojeck, this fascinated the Nuit as he had to wonder what was on this being's mind that kept his attention so focused. He felt the burning that was the purity of Uldr burning with in his chest and he felt hatred toward this one as in keeping he enjoyed it and let it smolder
perhaps this one could be of use to the Master
his thoughts never to show on the surface as he nodded. The request and the offer were standard for a wizard, even one as novice as Rojeck. His contempt for Senesus as the power hungry thing it was began to show in the darkness that crossed his face as the big Sarawanki could feel him pulling the bond toward him to control the big bastard, There was a moment as he enjoyed the fires that burned in his breast then he replied.

So Nimvahlis, you seek a Fyrdenese? Let me tell you what was told me about them. They are a heavy responsibility,you must train them and teach them of Mizahar, they almost always lie about something to get you to take them and then you are stuck with them as your life and its will be permanently bound for life to each other. Are your certain you want one of these things?

He looked at the Ethaefal for a long time as if sizing him up, looking him over and summing up his parts. The he spoke again with that voice that sounded almost dead or as undead as he was.

As to payment, you are right, nothing comes for free. What have you to offer me Nimvahlis? These creatures are special and the price would be something special, something that will benefit me. I am undead so I need things to help pass the time, to amuse me

He stared at Nimvahlis to see how badly he wanted a familiar, he was regretting having chosen his as time went on
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nimvahlis on September 26th, 2010, 8:20 pm

Rojeck found the questions posed to him answered, but not swiftly. Like a Nuit, Nimvahlis seemed to have all the time in the world. He waited until the summoner had finished his monologue, inquiring as to how Nim could be of aid, and proceeded to speak, "Is Leth uncertain of his path through the sky? No. I am certain this is the design of the threads." The thought of the crystalline pendant wove itself around Nim in all its ambiguity. What would this gemstone bring? Questions and queries floated through his mind. I must know! The icy object he had seen was not some separate entity, but already a part of Nimvahlis as far as he was concerned. "Permanently bound for life..." The Ethaefal mused over the notion, "Life is but fleeting, soon enough extinguished. Yes I am certain."

Another small silence stretched between them as Nimvahlis contemplated further answering the question. What is to be divulged? Plethoras of secrets and their ties to the information floating in his head presented themselves. Shall he know of my mental power? No, none shall know. What exactly Nimvahlis would do for Rojeck, he was unsure. Yet he spoke again, allowing his tongue to tell the Nuit what he was willing to do. They would come to an accord later. "I see what others do not, my eyes reveal many things. I can also be rather persuasive when the moment requires me to be." The fact that magic was the source of this proficiency, and that "the moment" was almost every instance he could afford, was notably excluded from his offering. The less Rojeck knew about his methods, the better off both parties would be.

"Lead on then, Rojeck. Shall we begin?"
Nimvahlis
Can you feel it?

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Rojeck Harl on September 26th, 2010, 9:25 pm

Rojeck nodded as Nimvahlis spoke with veils to his words, not revealing anymore than he had to to answer Rojeck's question. However he read more into this than he probably should being a mage and all. He was sure that Nimvahlis was speaking of Magic talents so he knew than this one could be of great use to the master if only he could get some secret out of the being, some weakness that he could exploit. It would take some manipulating but he would get it out of him.

Well now Nimvahlis, it unfortunately is not as simple as going to a Summoning room and Summoning a Familiar for you. There is much to discuss before hand. I must know that you understand what it is to have one of these fellows. I personally find mine to be an irritant and a source of annoyance. However he serves his purpose and I keep him around because he is useful to me. Isn't that right Senesus.

At this time the water skin at Rojeck's side shimmered and shifted until it became a rather large silvery globe of what appeared to be water. It began to hover and spin,flowing around Rojeck, in and out of his robes and constantly chattering.

Yeth Rojeck it ith correct you hate me but you can't doth with outh me I am the throng one here you can have one like me Nimvahlith a Tharawanki we arth powerful and thmart yeth we are. He murmured and chattered nonstop even when Rojeck seemed to stop listening never stopping moving.

Rojeck rolled his eyes,You can see that he is annoying and he thinks hes the one in control, a delusion I allow him to keep. So a little about you Nimvahlis. What manner of being are you? and Why do you want a Familiar? What exactly do you hope to accomplish with one of the little buggers?

He did begin to lead Nimvahlis out of the room and through the corridors of the Citadel making sure to stay in areas that were compatible with pulsers. He also made sure that the Ethaefal could not find his way to where he was leading, he again spoke

Tell me Nimvahlis, what motivates you? What is it that you seek most of all? he was hoping to draw out the being's innermost thoughts and find a way to turn them for the master.
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nimvahlis on September 27th, 2010, 3:41 am

Nimvahlis stared at the roiling, mercurial blob that roved over Rojeck. His features did not flicker from the serene visage he now held, but the words that came from his mouth were not exactly approving. "It has a speech impediment. What other forms of familiar are there?" He did not desire a familiar as foolish and stupid as this thing in the least, and would definitely steer clear of whatever place would procure one. Regardless, this creature had been a water skin and Nim was searching for a crystal. A humming noise emanated from the Ethaefal's larynx as the pair walked, a similar buzzing taking place in his mind as thoughts whirred. "I'm looking for the crystal." The crystal is the key, it always has been. How could I not have seen it?

Nimvahlis proceeded to answer Rojeck's question with one of his own, "what is it we all seek? What is the one thing that drives our curious minds to probe and examine?" He paused for only a brief instant before continuing his train of thought, "answers. This entity shall bring many answers to me, whether it knows of its fate or not. I see..." Nimvahlis' voice trailed off as he continued, voice falling silent to allow the pair's footsteps to be dominant.

"Yes, I seek information. There is always more to know, always something to bring my closer to Leth." Glittering facets of ice, so much like Leth's stars, reflected in his eyes. One step closer. But to what? The question echoed in his head, slipping through cracks in the stained glass window of enlightenment. What lies beyond?
Nimvahlis
Can you feel it?

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Rojeck Harl on September 30th, 2010, 2:53 am

Rojeck nodded as once again Nimvahlis had not directly told him what kind of being her was, but the being had dropped clues such as Son of Leth, he would have to start researching to get his direct answer. He still felt that this one could be turned toward the master, the fact that he was not likely to be that distracted made Rojeck hate him all the more and want to make him undead as he could do. He listened as the being seemed to be a bit within his own mind when he spoke, like he was waking from a dream.

He nodded and sighed when Nimvahlis spoke of the impediment that Senesus had and was sure that he had made the same mistake most do and assumed that it meant Senesus to be weak and stupid as well as foolish. Foolish yes bur Senesus was neither weak nor mentally impaired, it had taken the power of Uldr to make the petching thing obey, he was finally a bit afraid of Rojeck and that kept him obedient, but not quiet. He simply said to Nimvalhis

Oh he definitely has an impediment and hes gotten better the longer hes been here. But do not mistake that for weakness and stupidity, he has power and is quite clever, Lightfacers are simply more bubbly than Darkfacers, it has something to do with being constantly in light.

He thought about what he knew and withdrew a book he had been reading on Fyrden..one of the few in he could read since his Nadr Canoch was limited.
I have seen the Sarawanki which Senesus is one of and the Avavali. But according to this book there are four other types, the Pascid, the Irylid,the Kirt and the Gordios. Fyrden is divided into tow sides, the Darkface and the Light Face named so because one is always in light and the other is in Dark. The Pascid, Sarawanki and Avavali are Lightfacers the other three are from the Darkface. It depends on which face you are looking to fish from what you will get

The walked along for a while until they came to a room Rojeck knew to be secure. He again nodded when Nimvahlis spoke of a crystal. I make no guarantees what you will get and unless you wish to learn the art of Summoning I am unwilling to cast more than a line maybe two. Not without a high price.

He smiled So you seek answers? The bigger thing to ask is what are the questions? How do you believe a Familiar can answer your questions, they know nothing outside their hellish world.

He smiled when the being talked about being closer to LethLeth is not all there is, what is your relationship to Leth Nimvahlis? You are not ordinary so please be specific and speak in terms that those not like you can comprehend. Im curious I too seek answers and need you to provide them
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nimvahlis on October 9th, 2010, 2:30 am

Nim stared at the ground before his feet as they walked, as if it was perhaps the most fascinating thing in the world. Yet his ears and mind were thrown wide open to the world around him, which primarily consisted of the corridor and Rojeck. He was silent throughout the Nuit's monologue, calmly awaiting his turn to speak.

Nimvahlis furrowed his brow for an instant before his facade reformed to its former serenity as he heard that the Nuit considered the Sarawanki to be strong or even intelligent. Yes the creature continued to vibrate with the high energy he had sensed in his aura previously, which was nothing more than unappealing. Nimvahlis oozed tranquility and surreal thoughts, and the manic nature of this creature left a poor taste in his mouth. Did he truly wish to bind himself to his polar opposite? But would Rojeck do as he wished? The Ethaefal's eyes darted up to stare at his companion for an instant before slinking down to the floor once more.

It had done so often, and again Nimvahlis' djed surged forth to coalesce into a potent singularity. It glowed within the hypnotist's mind as it waxed in power, magic swirling about it like the nucleus of an atom. Bursts of energy discharged from the hypnotic cortex in Nim's brain like lightning, sending waves of pleasure and ecstasy through his body. It was more than simply casting magic, it was attaining transcendence. As Nimvahlis unleashed the djed that his body held, he became a god--- even if only for a breath. The sphere sent streams of energy cascading from his mind to Rojeck's, carrying subconscious thoughts of "indulgence" and "concession". The Nuit would feel a slight tugging arise from the depths of his mind, that maybe perhaps he should indulge this strange man's wishes out of curiosity. For the sake of knowledge.

As the hypnotism wove itself around Rojeck, Nim spoke, "It would be in the best interests of both of us if we were to cast on the Darkface, Rojeck. You say you have never seen a darkfacer, are you not curious as to how one of these creatures may act? As well, it would suit my interests as well." His words were calm and sweet, heat flushing his body as his magic wove around his companion.

The lambent orb continued to gather energy within Nimvahlis, yet the streams of djed aimed at Rojeck halted. Djed gathered from the pit of his soul swirled in the confines of his brain, ready to explode in one great paroxysm. Yet he held off of the Nuit's mind for an instant as he contemplated his response to the next query.

"Answers. I cannot elaborate on what I do not yet know. Before I may know what the questions are I need to speak with whomever has the answers." Frustration did not taint his voice, neither did condescension or anger. Nimvahlis felt unfailingly patient with this Nuit who could not see what was obvious to him. A different set of eyes. Was he to be condemned for such?

Moving on, the Ethaefal addressed the last and most dangerous topic. His mind quivered, on the verge of sending a pulsation of energy to his companion's mind. Yet he refrained, and simply answered the question as forthright as he may, "Rojeck, Leth is all there is. Leth has answered my plea for eternity, and I have been deemed strong enough to return. When my deity finally calls upon me, I shall be ready to fulfill his wishes."

Nim smiled as a tangent grew within him, leading him down the path of where he knew Rojeck was going. The Nuit had a deity, he wanted the Ethaefal to worship it. He would be disappointed, but he was ready for this. Nimvahlis was always ready, for who could hide the truth from divinity? None. "You wish me to convert, and I will not. Yet I am not blind to your desires. If you help me obtain what I desire, I shall convert another to your deity. Do not believe for an instant that I will convert to your god, though." Somewhere the entity that was Nim had sank to the earth and solidified for an instant, as the words he spoke were surprisingly sober.

As they continued to walk, Nim sank once more into thought. When finally he spoke once more, it seemed as if he had once more taken flight high into the clouds, "No, I will help you, but I will not become a subject. How much further until we arrive?"
Nimvahlis
Can you feel it?

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next