Completed [Temple of Laviku] Give Yourself to the Sea

Pulren prays to Laviku about Pal and himself.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Temple of Laviku] Give Yourself to the Sea

Postby Pulren Marsh on April 1st, 2014, 6:17 pm

Image2nd of Spring, 514 AV
Ninth Bell

While the festival had brightened Pulren's outlook, the next morning seemed as gray and disconcerting as the first. Pal's absence was something to mourn over, not to celebrate. He still felt good about his freedom, though. It was all very strange to him. Just as it had been every other time, Pulren turned his attention to the sea and Laviku. Pal wasn't much for guidance, so if Pulren had a father, it was the Father of Zeltiva. Grabbing five mizas and folding his shaving razor up, the young Marsh left the cottage for the Bay.

Occasionally, he would see the uniforms of Guardsmen walking through the streets. This occurred more often as he approached the Bay. It brought some apprehension to Pulren. Where would he get access to a shield or any kind of proper weapon? Bandits wouldn't be as easy to spear as a fish. Keeping his head up, he focused on the great Temple of Laviku and began climbing the hill to its entrance. The city began to spread out below, as did the sea. Pulren began to clear his mind of his rampant thoughts so that he could remain focused on the true source of his energy.

Once he stepped upon the first step, his mind began to clear up, making way for reverence. "May the tide bring me joy and take away my pains.", he said to the building itself. Few were milling about the Temple at this hour, but even had there been, Pulren would have kept his attention forward. He made his way inside to pray.
Last edited by Pulren Marsh on May 28th, 2014, 6:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on April 2nd, 2014, 5:02 am

Upon entering the temple, Pulren noticed the two staircases that rose to either side. He had never climbed those steps, suspecting they were for the Priesthood. He envied those who lived so close to Laviku, perhaps even closer to the men and women that sailed on His face. Moving on, he noticed many women and children gathered amongst the benches, praying for those aboard the trade ships that were departing that day. Pulren nodded solemnly to them before kneeling before the altar itself, his eyes fixed upon the portrait of Laviku.

In a way, Pulren knew that it was just a painting of He Who Provided. Then again, a temple was not a place for logic and reason. It was a place for faith. His own faith had been shaken somewhat when Pal had disappeared into Laviku's embrace. Sure, Pal was stupid to go off half cocked, piss drunk and with guys he didn't know. Pulren still felt that the offerings they had given each day would help protect Pal. He wiped his cheeks as stinging salt burned his eyes. "Pal never offered to You, that's why.", he said in a low voice full of unspoken pain for his Uncle.

It was true. Pulren knew that he alone had been the one to throw a fish back in each day, even when Pal told him it would be Pulren's own dinner he was wasting. The younger Marsh was still alive, though. It was clearly due to his faith in the Sea Father. "We live and die for You, Laviku. You watch us and provide to us." Pulren took the five mizas from his pants and laid them out on the altar. "Let me provide to You in turn."

The salt from his eyes was wiped to his fingers and then to the Mizas. "Your salt is my salt." The razor then was taken from his pants and opened, his thumb tracing over the blade, the clear pain a small price. He pushed against his thumb and blood dripped over the moist mizas. " My salt is Your salt." The razor closed and went back to his pocket, his thumb entering Pulren's mouth. The warm tint of copper traced against his tongue as the skin began to knit and pulse.
Last edited by Pulren Marsh on May 28th, 2014, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on April 7th, 2014, 2:05 pm

With Pulren's mind in the place where man's mind mingles with Deity's, his eyes fluttered closed. His attention brought an image of the Bay, green water lapping against the wood of dock and boat alike. The imagery descended beneath the surface, the sounds muffled and disappearing as it would should he descend himself. Serenity came with the all enveloping embrace of Laviku.

As there was no breath be concerned of, Pulren simply looked about the depths, his focus on a darker spot that became deeper and deeper with each glance. In the temple, he still remained kneeling, his finger pink from the cutting. His eyes were closed but they seemed to move about under the flesh as if in a dream. In the ocean of prayer, Pulren looked into the depths, knowing that Laviku was there. He was everywhere in the sea, of course, but the mortal attention needed a focus.

"Father Laviku, please see that Uncle Pal finds rest in Your embrace. He was as salty as any barnacle, but he meant well. Without him, I would have been cut bait long ago. I pray his life with You is more restful." The water could come easily from his eyes ow, as his salt could freely mix with the ocean. "For myself, Father, I only ask for the strength of Your tides as I approach the Wave Guard today. I wish to join their ranks and protect Your city of Zeltiva. Bring me the calm of the ocean, so that I do not stumble on my words."

Once passed from his lips to Laviku's attention, Pulren began to ascend toward the light of the surface, his legs moving easily. Once the ripples of light met his vision, he opened his eyes at the temple, the portrait of Laviku looking down on him. He hoped it was with good omens. Standing, he bowed to the picture and rose, turning and walking back from whence he came. His nods came for the priests and those who prayed. The light of day soon met him as he left, feeling ready to begin his new life.

Ledger5 GM offering
Last edited by Pulren Marsh on May 28th, 2014, 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Fractale on May 25th, 2014, 5:11 am

Pulren Marsh :
Skills
Observation +2 XP
Meditation +1 XP gained

Lores
Pal: Beloved Uncle
Temples: A Place Of Faith
Drunkness Leads To Bad Choices

If there are any questions or concerns send a PM my way and we'll do what we can to work it out. :)

Modded Threads: 0/3

The avatar is a mixture of both the MC from the anime Fractale and a fractal as a background for those interested.
Fractale
Retired Staff

Words: 7968
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2014, 10:36 pm
Race: Staff account