Spreading his wings (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Alron on September 16th, 2010, 3:15 pm

3rd day of Fall, 510 A.V.

Alron could barely contain himself as he meandered through the inner warrens. He had just finished his apprenticeship and was free to pursue any sort of life he wished. Of course, he would need to go speak with the Valintar about getting a job soon, but for now he was content to be away from a scheduled life. He had just turned the corner towards the stained glass gallery, through which he could reach the courtyard of the sky, when he heard a harsh caw behind him. Seconds later a small crow was perched upon his right shoulder, pecking away at his ear lobe.

"Ow, Rel, knock it off! I don't have any treats!" Alron chuckled, sticking his hand between his ear and the barrage of beaks. The crow let out a disapproving caw and gave the hand a final peck before finally settling down. "I'm sorry, but how was I supposed to know you'd follow me out of the aviary?" Alron asked, resuming his walk to the courtyard, glad to have his friend from his apprenticeship at his side again.

As they stepped out into the courtyard, Alron took a deep breath in. It was the first time in four years that he had been able to come out here during the day and he was enjoying every second of it. His partner took to the air, taking advantage of a thermal that had formed in the midday sun. Alron stretched his arms up and took in another deep breath. Already the air was getting colder and in a few days he wouldn't be able to come back out here without his katinu, but for now, the sun shining down on him kept him warm, even without a shirt. Today was going to be a good day.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

-Robert Frost
"I've noticed something... You know how they say you need to love yourself before someone else will, well that is a load of rubbish. You need someone who loves you to show you all the best parts of yourself, all the littles things about you that you should love. But, what do I know? I'm just some teenage punk who thinks he knows everything about everything."
-Me
Alron
The happy-go-lucky hunter

Words: 16268
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2010, 2:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Alron on September 16th, 2010, 5:49 pm

Alron sat crossed legged on the ground, finally able to break free from his comfort induced paralysis, at least for the moment. "Hmm, now that I'm on my own, I'll have to get my own tools and supplies and... stuff." The inarta mused aloud, running a hand through his hair. "I'll need a dagger and some lures and traps for hunting. Plus who know what else I'm forgetting." He said with a deep sigh. He loathed the thought of getting up and going to the arms gallery, especially on a day like this, but he knew that if he didn't force himself to get moving now, he'd likely remain there until nightfall.

He stood back up with an annoyed groan and stretched once more before turning back towards the gallery. As he began towards the interior of the city, Rel dove and perched back onto the inarta's shoulder. "You know, you can stay out here if you want, this shouldn't take too long." The red haired man offered to his small companion, who stood fast with a pair of defiant caws. "No, I'm not trying to get rid of you!" Alron argued, rubbing a hand across his forehead, realizing how stupid he must look to anyone watching him argue with a crow. "I just thought you would want to enjoy the open air a bit longer." He muttered as they reached the point where the stained glass gallery and the inner warrens joined.

His embarressment was short lived and before they had gotten more then five feet in he was back to his usual self. A few chimes later he was standing at the entrance of the arms gallery, gazing out at the various forges, kilns, and other such tools of the trade. He had been in here countless times before, but it still excited him, the glang of metal striking metal, the hiss of steam rushing up from hot objects being thrust into water, the roar of the forges. He slowly paced along the rows of craftsmen, trying to find one selling what he needed.

-Robert Frost
"I've noticed something... You know how they say you need to love yourself before someone else will, well that is a load of rubbish. You need someone who loves you to show you all the best parts of yourself, all the littles things about you that you should love. But, what do I know? I'm just some teenage punk who thinks he knows everything about everything."
-Me
Alron

Character sheet

Postby Alron on September 16th, 2010, 6:40 pm

After nearly a bell of fruitless searching Alron decided to simply check back tomorrow. He headed back into the warrens and wandered around aimlessly, unsure of what to do. Rel let out a curious caw and flapped his wings a few times. "Yeah, go ahead, I'll probably just go hang around at inclement weather or something" The red haired man said, boredom seeping from his words, and with that, the crow took flight, back towards the courtyard and open skies. He felt a tinge of envy, knowing it was unlikely he would ever experience true flight, not unless by some miracle he were to get bonded.

He could hear the music hall before he saw it. The chatter of many inarta speaking in sing-song nari, almost drowned out by the musicians playing within. He walked in and slouched down at one of the few empty tables.He tried to enjoy the music, but he simply felt out of place. Normally by now he would have been tending to the mews or working with one of the smaller falcons. Instead, here he was, moping around, bored out of his mind. He felt a tinge of loneliness, realzing that due to his tight training regime, he hadn't had time to make any friends. The closest thing he had to a friend was Rel. "I need a life." He muttered to himself before sinking lower into his chair.

-Robert Frost
-Me
Alron

Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on September 19th, 2010, 12:41 am

The slow progression of work at the aeries was over for the day and Kellan was more than overjoyed. He had been meaning to head to incliment weather and today he was going to do it. After he had said his goodbye's to Alwin and some of the fellow endal he made his way to the tunnels. As he passed through the city he smiled as the wind rustled through his red hair. He loved the wind and in a big way, it was apart of him. He was a man of the land and air although he much prefered to be in the air riding through the clouds on Alwin's back. The rush of the air, the rustle of the feathers, the sting of the cool breeze, it was truely what it meant to be alive. Kellan may have lived on the land but he was alive in the air.

Soon Kellan's walk brought him to Incliment Weather. He tousled his hair and made sure his clothing was clean of any dirty before going in. He was wearing loose pants and a loose button up shirt. He liked to wear breezy clothing so when the wind blew around him he could feel it all through out his body. He rolled up the sleaves of his shirt to show his winding starry tattoo that lined his arm. When he felt like he looked his best Kellan walked in. He walked past a group of girls waved at them with a smile. They all giggled and whispered among themselves with smiles on their faces. Kellan felt accomplished although he had no intention of talking to the girls. He had bigger fish to fry and hotter girls to hit on.

As he made his way through Incliment Weather he continued to throw flirty looks at passing girls. Some giggled and blushed, others just brushed him off with a scoff. One girl even slapped him across the face for trying to use a pick up line on her. He did not mind though. It was all in the name of flirty sport for him. After about a bell Kellan found himself with his arm around an avora girl. They talked for a while until she asked him to get her a drink. Kellan happily complied and went in scearch of a drink. When he got some he headed back to her only to find himself falling and the drinks were gone. He looked up and saw the drinks were all over an Inarta sitting alone at a table. He stood up and started to laugh. "Sorry man, I guess I lost my balance." He tried to keep his laughter for bubbling out but he couldn't help it. The man was dripping wet and Kellan had a terrible sense of humor.
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling, from Valterian's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Words: 113386
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Character sheet

Postby Drusilla on September 19th, 2010, 4:28 am

Drusilla had been watching from the background. With so many fire haired people she stood out, badly. Although over the past six years she had gotten used to it, sitting in a corner silently watching a whole different world go by. It wasn't as bad as one would think....sure, people talked in hushed tones about her and looked at her with fear. But it was better than Kailinor.

She watched the room with large pupiled eyes, her hair held up by a ornate comb and an endal braid creating an odd uptight hairstyle. Getting bored with the people who were watching her or trying really hard to ignore the fact she was there Drusilla played with a bracelet around her wrist, Toran's. Although she had never met him, she viewed him as her brother just like his living twin. Drusilla would never admit to it even i you caught her in the act, she spoke to the bracelet or well Toran....She often asked him of his brother's actions, but had she ever gotten a reply? She'd never tell...

She was about to leave when an all too familar voice was heard. "Speak of the devil," she told the bracelet. Kellan. He strutted in making remarks to the ginger haired girls. She had to hold back some laughter as one hit him. Kellan eventually fond one willing to acompany him. Drusilla didn't mind, not at all...Or so was the lie she kept trying to believe. How she had gotten attached to such a cocky az-

Her thoughts were gone to the sound of something spilled and or broken. Drusilla sighed there was a good chance.. no scratch that.....there was almost no doubt in her mind , Kellan was being Kellan again. She emerged from her corner, her instints spot on. Taking a few steps closer, her scoldings in her home tounge began. "Kellan!!"
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Alron on September 19th, 2010, 8:39 am

Alron jumped up from his chair in a, grabbing a fistful of napkins from the table and trying to dry his bryda before what liquid that had fallen on them dried, but there was simply too much. He turned to the fool who had been unable, or unwilling, to control his drinks with a look somewhere between anger and shock.

"You do realize that when you walk, you are supposed to actually look in front of you right? Or are you deliberately trying to tick me off?" He demanded in a surprisingly hostile tone. Normally he would have simply helped the guy up, maybe crack a joke about gravity being stronger up in the mountains and been done with it, but today hadn't been very great so far. The giggling man sprawled out in front of him just had the misfortune of doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

He was about to yell at him some more when a voice in a foreign tongue rang out above the rest. He turned his attention away from the baffoon before him to see a pale, white haired girl heading towards them. "I don't suppose that he belongs to you does he? If so I'd recommend you keep him on a tighter leash." He said, switching over to common and he doubted the pale figure knew his native Nari. with that he dropped the now soaking mass of mush in his hand onto the table and grabbed another wad of napkins, still trying to get as much out of his pants as possible. "At least I didn't wear my shirt today." He muttered under his breath, once again in his native tongue.

-Robert Frost
-Me
Alron

Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on September 19th, 2010, 4:11 pm

A familiar voice rang in Kellan's ears lead by a string of Synenstra curses. It had to be Kellan's new Symentra friend Drusilla. He turned around and there she was, white hair standing out in the sea of red heads like a sore thumb. "Hey Drusilla!" He was trying to act nonchalant so he wouldn't worry Drusilla. He stood up and smiled at her. The man he had spilled drinks on sounded angry. Kellan didn't care too much though. From the looks of him he was an Avora at best. "Calm down bro. It's just a drink. What are you gonna do, melt?" He started laughing again and clutched his sides. He looked over at Drusilla who obviously was more worried than amused and he tried to stop his laughter. Kellan shook his head and brushed his red bangs out of his face. He took a deep breath but his laughter exploded out of his throat again. Maybe he just needed a good laugh but this incident made him unable to stop giggling. After a few chimes he calmed himself and looked at the soaked man. "I'm sorry dude. I'll give you my pants if you want. It's only fair because I soaked yours." Kellan was only joking of course. Still he had a feeling this man would not take kindly to his jokes.  

A comment arised from the man that was directed at Drusilla. He made a comment to her which sounded like he was trying to say Drusilla owned Kellan. Needless to say, Kellan instantly became angry. "No one owns me. Endal are owned by no one." His golden eyes burned into then man. Drusilla was like a sister to him. Anyone who cared about his late twin as much as she did was family enough for him. He did not want her around this guy. He had the feeling that this man might start trouble. He stepped closer to her defensively. If she was hurt on his watch he would never forgive himself. 
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling, from Valterian's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Words: 113386
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Character sheet

Postby Alron on September 19th, 2010, 5:53 pm

Alron wasn't sure how to procede. On one hand, he was soaked, and still sorta pissed, but on the other hand, the guy seemed genuinely sorry, although the laughing wasn't helping his case much. It seemed that the Inarta and the woman before him were indeed familiar to each other, although as far as what kind of relationship they had, he couldn't tell. At the offering of the pants He fought back the urge to laugh, his sense of humor attempting to get the best of him. Once the man adopted a hostile stance however, placing himself between Alron and the mysterious woman, combined with the threat of being an Endal, all the humor was lost.

"Ok, you bonded with an eagle, your point is?" Alron asked, the memory of his own attempts at bonding burned in his mind. "Look, sure you might officially out rank me, but don't expect me to drop to the floor in worship. Maybe if you spent a little less time with your head in the clouds you would remember how to walk!" He shouted, the memory playing through his mind again and again, fueling his foul mood. "And as for your friend, miss Drusilla it was? I have no intention of harming her so you can calm down."

The last two words struck a chord with him, the man before him wasn't the only one who should take a second to compose themselves. Alron took a deep breath and closed his eyes. Once he opened them he was calmer than before. "I should appologize. I over reacted, I suppose I just let my self get carried away. It was an honest mistake... Besides, this isn't my only pair of pants, and I don't seem to be melting, although if I do there will be hell to pay..." He said, hoping to break the tension with the admittedly lame joke.

-Robert Frost
-Me
Alron

Character sheet

Postby Shayth on September 19th, 2010, 7:39 pm

Shayth wandered, stalked was more the word. Turiska had let her off, for but a moment, but still she fluttered in her mind. The eagle wasn't taking any chances with the red head. Ignoring the constant tingle in the back of her mind, Shayth had left the aerie as Turiska took flight, looking for her own lunch. The inarta had to breathe, for just a moment. Since returning from the lower levels the other morning, Turiska was all but suffocating her.

Entering the Inclement Weather, the endal breathed deeply and sighed. Her eyes scanned the room for a familiar face, of which she hadn't found yet. Irritated by this, she stalked in and ordered a cup of wine and a plate of food. Leaning against the bar, her curiosity was provoked by a yelling match going on between three patrons. Moving closer, she stood with hands on hips, watching the display.

Raising an eyebrow, she looked the wet man over. He was going to get himself killed. Maybe it was her encounter with Kovac, maybe it was just one of those days...but Shayth wasn't in the mood to see the stupid inarta get gutted.

"Melting pants? Interesting idea, although its a little to early in the day for me to see that."

Shayth
Player

Words: 82559
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2010, 4:49 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Drusilla on October 9th, 2010, 9:56 pm

Drusilla was pondering if she should say, 'yes, this endal indeed belongs to me. I will have to get a better leash. I do so apollogise.' She may have indeed said it untill a female Inarta made her way over.

From past experences she kept her distance from other women. With that she timidly moved away, wanting to return to her corner. Not even having Kellan there made her feel less threatened not by the soaking wet male but by the female whom Drusilla didn't know.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets