[Flashback] Curiousity

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[Flashback] Curiousity

Postby You Birchsong on September 17th, 2010, 1:16 pm

Timestamping: Day 85, Fall of 509 A.V.
Credits to the photograph

You entered the city through the massive Icewall Gates. He admired the beauty of the gigantic walls, the shinning material. He slowly passed through the guards, as he was unsure whatever to speak to them or not. They just winked him through, as there was no matter, why he should be stopped. You, like always, didn't carry anything with him that could look like a weapon. The Lute in his hand gave him confidence to advance further into the unknown territory, also known as civilization. Of course did You meet others people before, even from the city, but that were just a very few, usually a single person seeking help from the old lady. Now, after he passed the gates, he saw people about everywhere, strolling through the streets, children playing around. He was fascinated by the life and activity inside those walls, which seem to keep the dangers of the wild out. His Mother sent You into the city to buy new corn for the fresh bread and also some new eating knives. He found himself wandering through the streets, examining anything he found there, may that be goods from a merchant, or the weapons and armor of the guards, only from the distance thought. While he watched everything he saw with curiosity, he also seemed to be pretty lost in the big city.
You Birchsong
Player

Words: 3788
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2010, 9:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

[Flashback] Curiousity

Postby Cheshire on September 19th, 2010, 12:08 am

The smells from the Winterflame stands in the marketplace could be smelled all the way at the docks. Well, they could by an animal nose. Luckly Fianna had the nose of a polar bear. This sense was much stronger when she was in her kelvic form but it was silly to turn into a bear at the moment, she was with Coren at the docks. The two were there everyday watching the waves and questioning newcomers. They had been doing it for years and yet Fianna never got tired of it. The rush of the waves, the smell of the air, it all made her feel great. Most of all she was with Coren, her bondmate and best friend. She could not think of a person whom she loved and cared for more. She would go to the ends of the world for him and she knew he would do the same for her.

As Syna settled in the center of the sky Coren looked at Fianna. "Fi, I am starving, would you mind getting us something to eat? I'll hold the fort down here." Fianna practically flew to her feet and gave a mock salute. "Sure thing Coren!" Coren knew she was just joking around. Fianna was not mindless follower but she would do just about anything for him. "I'll be back soon! Don't miss me too much Corey!" She walked briskly across the docks and into town. She followed the smells of cooking meat and sizzling vegetables as she strolled through the snow. As she was sniffing a new smell hit her. It smelled like a mix of a bird and woodsmoke. "A kelvic?" She instantly go excited, she barely saw kelvics that were not polar bears like her. She pointed her nose in the air and sniffed trying to find the smell. In her pursuit she smacked right into someone. She looked down and saw a small boy, about seven or eight. She cocked her head and smiled. "Hello little guy, who might you be?" She sniffed him and noticed in excitement it was the kelvic she had been scearching for! Her ice blue eyes lit up in happiness and she smiled. Maybe she would make a new friend today!
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

[Flashback] Curiousity

Postby You Birchsong on September 19th, 2010, 5:21 pm

After what seemed to be hours for him, You somehow made it to the market. Colorful items, maybe layers of a strange cloth, unknown to the young boy, also jewelry, seemingly formed ice or stones that shine and gloom in the sun. Both is entirely new and somehow strange to You, why would someone waste money on clothes that rip on the next tree? Thinking about such a question You continued to stroll over the marketplace in search for the desired goods. With his mind elsewhere, You didn't watched where he walked, or couldn't evade others coming towards him. Multiple times he accidentally run into the townsfolk. Than, without further warning the young - and seemingly weak - boy ran into a woman, nearly falling to the ground.

"Oh, I am sorry, Miss!"

A moment later he regained his balance. Quickly cheeking, if he had lost anything from the things he had with him. Than he noticed that he was asked something, so he shifted his attention to the lady.

"Uhm...", It seemed that he had a hard time remembering his own name, "I am You. Nice to meet."
You Birchsong
Player

Character sheet

[Flashback] Curiousity

Postby Cheshire on September 19th, 2010, 8:19 pm

The boy confused Fianna. She was his name? She cocked her head in confusion again and knelt down to his level. "What do you mean I am your name? I am Fianna!" She gave him a warm smile and looked him over. She could tell by his scent he was not from the frozen north. She looked over at a small Whitevine shop and motioned toward it. "Come with me. I'll get you something to eat. Then maybe you will really tell me your name." She seemed to dance through the snow as she walked into the shop. If one did not know better they would never think she was in Icewatch. She was beatiful and full of grace. Deep down in her there was a killer but it was only seen on the battlefield.

When the two of them arrived in the shop Fianna looked at the young boy and knelt down to his height. "So what do you like to eat? There is meat and vegetables and even sweets if you would like them!" Fianna's mouth watered when she thought of the meat. Delicious, tasty, snow ram meat. It was her favorite. She was unsure what the young boy would want though or even if he would except food from her at all. She pushed her long dark locks behind her ear and waited with a warm look for his responce.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

[Flashback] Curiousity

Postby You Birchsong on September 19th, 2010, 9:40 pm

You looked just as confused as the young woman. For some people it was so easy to call him by this name, but some didn't even understand. It was usually easier for You to let his parents tell others, that his name was You, because that seemed to get into their heads easier. Maybe it's a matter of this thing called education, the more they have of it, the slower they learn, You thought to himself. He was lost in his thoughts again, till he heard the word "eat". In fact he was hungry, it was a long trip for such a young boy after all. He felt no fear towards that gentle lady, who invited him for something to eat. In fact, he felt somehow a bit more safe, with a person, who is willing to speak with him around.

Nearly totally covered by his warm clothes, You followed Fianna to the shop. As she asked him, what he would like to eat, he just pointed at a dried apple. With gleaming eyes, You looked up to the helpful woman.

"Could I get one of those, please, Miss Fianna?"
You Birchsong
Player

Character sheet

[Flashback] Curiousity

Postby Cheshire on September 20th, 2010, 12:24 am

A sweet smile appeared on Fianna's face. She found the child completely adorable. She had always wanted a cub of her own but she never would. She was a warrior not a mother. She had always loved children though. Far too often she saw small vantha children running about on her ways to and from the port and a longing would appear. She loved her work though and she loved Coren her bondmate. Children would forever be a nice fantasy. Icewatch came first.

The smell of meat was calling to Fianna and she licked her lips. She may have looked like she was a kind woman and she truly was a polar bear at heart. Granted she was a very kind polar bear, she just loved her meals of dripping raw meat. Quite the unladylike trait. "Anything you like. You are eating with Icewatch today!" She walked up to the counter and ordered a slab of ram meat for herself and a dried apple for You. "Come on sweetie, let's find us a table."

In the corner of the small shop there was a small empty table. Fianna walked over and sat down. After her young companion settled down she handed him his apple. "So tell me about yourself kid." She smiled and tried to be ladylike with her meat. The citizens of Avanthal knew how the kelvics ate but this newcomer did not.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

[Flashback] Curiousity

Postby You Birchsong on September 20th, 2010, 9:23 pm

You happily followed Fianna toward the counter. As he stood beside her, the young boy had to think about the great "quest" that brought him here, maybe she could help me finding this goods?. Joyfully he watched her buying her meat for herself, than much to his pleasure the dried apple. For others it may seem rather unusual that a seemingly gentle woman may eat only meat, but You has grown up with two parents, who are indeed ravens. Like before, You followed her around, this time to the table in the corner. He took the offered fruit, snapping it with his left hand, while he sat down.

"Oh! Thank so much, Fianna."

You took a big bite from his apple. A few leftovers of the apple were sticking on his lips and cheeks. He didn't seem to care anyways.

"I think I told before, that my name is You. Maybe don't understood me, many from the city seem to don't know, they even call each other by this name. But than, if there are so many called "You", why don't they understand that this is my name?"

The last part was more a question to himself, as he seemed to be lost in his thoughts once again. After a minute he shook his head and returned to the matter... somehow.

"I live in a hut, somewhere south, with mum and dad... oh! and granny. They sent me here to the epic quest to buy new grain and knives!"

You really looked proud as he said those last words, as he thought that he really was a great hero now.
You Birchsong
Player

Character sheet

[Flashback] Curiousity

Postby Cheshire on September 24th, 2010, 3:23 am

So the boy's name was You. It was a curious name in Fianna's opinion. You was what people called each other. So often a fellow bear or even one of the townsfolk called her you. They might say "Hey you" or "What are you having for lunch". She never knew it was an actual name! "Okay, I get it. Pardon me for not understanding at first. Culture shock truely is an epidemic up here in the north! Not many people want to travel all the way up here just for the fun of it." Fianna of course loved her city and thought I was the most amazing place ever. She could only imagine how strange it would be to someone who had never been there before. Fianna still could not get it off her mind that this child, You as he was called, was here alone. She bit into her meat and savored the juicy substance in her mouth. She could never imagine eating a dried apple when there was so much wonderful meat in the world. 

As the two's meal went on You told Fianna that he was sent to Avanthal for Knives and other supplies. It was confusing to her. Avanthal was not exactly known for knives but who truly knew other's motives? "That is an awful long way for a child as young as you to be traveling alone. Did someone join you? I cannot imagine someone just leaving a kid like you though. It just wouldn't be right!" Towards the end of Fianna's statement she was more verbalizing her thoughts and less talking to You. She smiled at You "Well how ever you got here, welcome to Avanthal!"
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook