Closed Fishing for Thieves (Eleazar)

A shopping trip takes an unexpected turn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Fishing for Thieves (Eleazar)

Postby Caela Dorin on June 4th, 2014, 6:31 pm

x

Caela Dorin

Kicking him in the side while he was standing hadn't been the best idea. A shin or a knee had seemed like useless targets and his crotch was bound to be protected at the just the right moment to avoid any damage. Men were very good at protecting their assets. The kick in the side had seemed the next best thing. She was flexible so she could kick that high and her legs were strong to boot but she hadn't considered how such an act would upset her equilibrium, especially the impact. Her foot had hit flesh but the force of the contact had sent her staggering backwards, the offending foot landing back on the ground in time to catch her. Even so, it had been an unpleasant moment for her with naked dagger in hand, waiting to catch her on its blade should she fall.

Near self-stabbing averted, the blonde regarded her victim coolly. He was back on the ground, coughing and retching. He hadn't wanted any trouble. Those had been his last words before she'd winded him. She snorted. He'd certainly gotten trouble whether he wanted it or not. She watched him gag and splutter and wondered how he hadn't passed out yet. He couldn't have been getting a very good air supply after all but yet here he was, still breathing if a little raggedly.

It took him a few chimes to recover but she watched him rather than going, considering doing more damage while he was still incapacitated. When he raised his eyes to her, Caela thought that the sight of her would surprise him. There was no real reason for her to still be hanging around after all. "You didn't want trouble? Well, neither did I but someone had to make trouble by stealing from me," she hissed at him, glaring down at the would-be thief. "Wonder if you've stolen from anyone else today, maybe I should drag you through the market and see if anyone has had anything go missing at your hands. What do you think?" She took a step towards him as if to carry out her threat, wondering if the boy would be as easily intimidated as before.

She tossed her hair back and turned away from him, making her way back to the mouth of the alley. At the last few feet, she turned and walked backwards, eyeing him as she spoke. "If I see you near me again, never mind trying to rob from me again, I will make you pay for it, understand?" The threat was there and without waiting for a reply, she turned on her heel and went back out into the hustle and bustle of the market. She wasn't even sure if she was in the mood for shopping anymore.

OOCWe can leave it here unless Elea feels like chasing after angry blondes which I sincerely doubt

x
Caela Dorin
Seductress

Words: 472136
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2014, 12:00 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eleazar Victor Syroin on June 6th, 2014, 12:38 pm

The woman still stood there, glaring down at the pathetic mess of a man struggling to breath at her feet. Surprising really you would have thought she would have had better things to do with her day. Better things which seemed to include berating his behaviour and taking a jab at him with the blade as he scramble backwards to get away from her fury. Seemingly done with him, the blonde flicked her locks over her shoulder and departed swiftly from the alleyway, her demeanour echoing that of a thunder storm.

Snarling at her cocky attitude Eleazar had had enough. Storming out of the alleyway, he made a brief note of the direction she had went before making his way casually passed a bric-a-brac stall in the opposite direction. The owner was currently busy chatting up the female end of a young couple so didn't see him show up until it was almost too late. Recognising a face that meant trouble immediately, the salesman persona could have dropped quicker off the man's face as he called for his hired meat wall to get rid of the teen. Lucky for him, Eleazar wasn't in the mood to hang about, ignoring the stall and owner completely as he broke into a sprint.

Weaving and bobbing through the crowd just like he had before, the thief began to relax again as he gained speed. Now this is what it should have been like from the start, adrenaline coursing through his blood, a giddiness blooming in his chest, despite his breathing still hitching every so often, it was perfect. Side stepping between a rather exotic looking man and his rough up tour guide, the teen's legs didn't stop moving.

Breathing in deeply through his nose then exhaling from his mouth, his foot hit the ground in a nice steady rhythm. He had learned some time ago that the trick to being a good runner was primarily the breathing, get that right and your legs simply followed in after. Although in fairness he was more sprinter than a runner, calf muscles beginning to burn after a few chimes of running, eventually forcing him back into a casual stroll as pale eyes combed through the crowd for another target.

OOCI think we're done here. Thank you for threading with me. Maybe we could do it again sometime and see what they make of each other a second time round. :D
14/14
Fast feet and an unsound mind make a man fly.
Eleazar Victor Syroin
Ownership is a matter of Opinion

Words: 154090
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2013, 11:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Pandaemus on July 22nd, 2014, 4:21 am

Congratulations!

Caela
Skills :
  • Seduction - 1 XP
  • Running - 1 XP
  • Intimidation - 2 XP
  • Unarmed Combat - 1 XP
  • Wrestling - 2 XP

Lores :
  • Seduction: Using Her Charms
  • To catch a thief
  • Intimidation: Brandishing a Blade
  • Unarmed Combat: Tackle!
  • Wrestling: Choke a Thief!
  • Wrestling: Pin-down!

Loot :
Your purse is damaged!

Eleazar
Skills :
  • Observation- 1 XP
  • Tracking - 1 XP
  • Larceny - 1 XP
  • Running - 2 XP
  • Unarmed Combat - 2 XP
  • Wrestling - 1 XP

Lores :
  • Tracking: Following a Mark
  • Larceny: Cutting the Purse
  • Don't get Caught!
  • Unarmed Combat: Hair tug!
  • Unarmed Combat: Desperate lunge!
  • Wrestling: Roll out
  • Picking the Wrong Purse

Injury :
Eleazar will have a bruised neck for a few days and a headache for a few bells after the fight!

Notes :
This was a splendid thread that showcased the flavor of Sunberth nicely. I found it very humorous to read two combat novices get into it! ^^ Remember to play the skills within your competency level! I think the larceny here was bordering on too smooth for Eleazar's skill level but you played it off nicely by fumbling the dagger and being noticed right away. All in all, a great little thread from the both of you!

If there are any concerns or problems with my grading please PM me and we can work through them. Also please remember to edit your grade request as graded or delete it if possible. -Pan
Common - Nader-canoch - Hallucination Voices - Crail

Pandaemus
Skitsofrantic!!!

Words: 179130
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2013, 4:17 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2