[Unverified] Qali Stripe

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Qali Stripe

Postby Qali Stripe on April 24th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Qali Stripe

Appearance

Race: Kelvic (Striped Owl)
Birthday: 71st of Winter, 510 AV.
Birthplace: Sunberth

Appearance:
As a Human, Qali is diminuative in height, standing no taller than 5'2" and weighting well under 100lbs. Her frame is thin and she looks half starved most of the time, though her arms and legs have a bit lean muscle on them. Her skin is a dusky mix of peach and bronze, usually dirty it is hard to tell exactly the color of her skin, though she does not look as dark as a Benshira, nor as pale as a Konti. Her hair is a cinnamon brown with some paler blond highlights in certain light, (and when it's clean,) and usually kept short, though there are times when she cannot get a hold of a good blade to sheer her curls off. Her eyes are large, almost overly so and a deep reddish brown with golden flecks around the outside edge of the iris. Her nose is pointed and beak-like and her lips are thin and not very wide. She usually dons fairly worn and sometimes even tattered clothing, though she mostly prefers to just walk around with as little as possible to make shifting between her forms easier. Often times she will wear looser fitting clothing and keep any cosmetics out of her hair and off her face (not that she could even afford any) and likes her hair short so she can try to pass as a young man. Her lack of "womanly curves" aids in this attempt at deception. Her bone structure does tell she is a girl though, so those knowledgeable in human anatomy might be able to spot her true gender.

As an Owl, Qali is a typical Striped Owl. She is small, being no taller then 13 inches and weighing less then 15 oz. Her wings are rounded, setting her species of owl apart from, say, a barn owl. Her wing length is about 250 mm which is in the middle of average, and her tail reaches a length of 135 mm. Her undercoat is a tawny cream color with blonde being rather prominent. Her face disk is also cream and white colored with a dark ebony ring and her head is covered with cinnamon and tawny as well as ebony feathers. Her wings are a brilliant mix of browns, cinnamon, blacks, and tawny blondes creating little stripes all across her wings. Her front is primarily white with some cream, brown and reddish brown feathers forming little vertical stripes of color. Her beak is black, her talons tawny cream and her little "horned" feather tufts are mostly black.

Character Concept

Qali is a no-nonsense sort of girl. She has never bonded so she has managed to mature at a relatively unhindered rate. She still is childish at times, but growing up in Sunberth had made her tougher than most who haven't dwelt here. She carries deep emotional scars from being sold by her own mother and because of this life-changing event, she has major trust issues around most everyone. Qali is not likely to show her Kelvic nature to anyone who hasn't proven they are a Kelvic first, or who have proven without a doubt they will not try to sell her as a slave or a pet. The lack of a happy childhood is a common story here and it was at a young age that Qali began stealing and lying. She has become quite good in the skills related to larceny and is fairly persuasive, (mostly due to having to get people to buy her wares for the best price she can snag.) She is very secretive and closed off. She often poses as a young boy to be less vulnerable, feeling that presenting herself as a woman is dangerous without much physical strength or knowledge of fighting. Deep down though? She's just as cold and ruthless as she appears. Maybe way down deep there's a soft warm side, but there's never been a reason for her to go digging for it. Life in Sunberth is hard, so she's resolved to be harder.

Character History

Qali's mother was a decently well off merchants wife in the Castle Commons and her father was not her mothers husband. Qali's mother, Selice, was a proud and arrogant woman. Her husbands business was doing well, for being in Sunberth, and he had a few connections with a gang or two that aided him in aquiring "fine and rare" goods to sell to those with coin in the city. Selice was often alone, however, as her husband ran the store basically by himself and so she often gossiped and got into no good while her husband worked hard. One day a very handsome young man came into town wearing lovely clothing and even sporting some cosmetics and smelled of clean soap and water! Selice was, of course, instantly enthralled with this handsome foreigner. She promptly began a four day event of trying to seduce him, which she eventually managed to do. The very next day he left town with another man just as handsome as him and much to Selice's dismay, she found the man she had just seduced and took to her bed was no more than a pampered slave to the other man.

It was not more than four weeks after Selice realized she was pregnant. Luckily for her she had been attempting to be a good wife to her husband when he was home, so he was happy to believe it was his child. When Qali was born it was not evident for a while she was not the merchants daughter. It was not until she began growing very quickly and become a child in a matter of months instead of years, and then when she shifted into an owl for the first time in front of her parents the merchant knew Selice had cheated. She tried to tell him that she had Kelvic blood, but he knew better than to believe her and simply told her to get rid of the child.

Selice promptly sought out someone to sell the Kelvic child to, finding a traveler who had come looking for a pet for his daughter back home, wherever that was, and she sold him her Kelvic daughter to become a pet for his own daughter. Once the gold exchanged hands he placed a collar on her to keep her in her little fledgling owl form. He made a terrible mistake however and ended up insulting someone with connections to one of the Syndicates. He was found dead just outside of the city and most of his possessions had been rifled through, and the owl had been, unwittingly, let out of her cage. Though still collared she attempted to find her way home to find her mother, but ended up half dead in the streets anyway. It was lucky some young man who fancied himself a falconer found her and took the opportunity to try to learn what it really was to train a bird of prey. The man made a terrible mistake his first night with the Kelvic though. Not realizing what the collar was, he removed it. That night Qali escaped and went looking for her mother. Sadly she never found her and instead was taken into the orphanage, the one who found her believing her just a wayward child, orphaned and lost.

It was the year she came to the orphanage that the fire happened. Qali had managed to avoid being killed, but just barely. Despite being scared and barely breathing through the smoke she took the chance of the chaos and the burning to rifle through a few of the abandoned houses that were more or less intact and steal whatever she could. She later sold as much as she could and bought herself a tent and made her way to Tent City.

As she grew older and became more mature she began to feel the desire to find a bondmate, but wasn't sure what exactly it was, and pushed it down, needing to survive more than seek out the origins of this weird pull. When she began to look like an older teen, or young adult she began trying to use her self acquired hunting skills not only to feed herself, but to sell meat, feathers, eggs and even small animals to people as pets. Her minimal wilderness survival abilities have helped her in this regard as well, allowing her to survive a bit longer than a normal person out in the wilds as she traps and hunts creatures for various uses.

Language

Fluent Language(s): Common, Owl
Basic Language: Fill me in, if you want.
Poor Language: Fill me in, if you want.

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Hunting 10 RB 10 SP 20 Novice
Wilderness Survival* 15 SP 15 Novice
Larceny 10 SP 10 Novice
Persuasion 10 SP 10 Novice
Unarmed Combat 5 SP 5 Novice

*Novice Type: Plains

Lores

Lore of Common Birds (Sunberth Area)
Lore of Sunberth Culture

Possessions

Set of Clothing :
-Worn tan tunic, sleeveless
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple brown woolen pants with deep pockets
-Worn out leather boots
-Long (oversized) dark brown coat, wool

Backpack :
which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 Waterskin
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
-Large Common Beech Wood Basket
-Small Cage

Hunter/Trapper Toolkit :
Medium sized leather pouch containing
-hunting knife
-roll of thin rope (for making simple traps)
-vials of rabbit and deer scents
-2 tiny animal snares
-1 small animal snare
-10 sq. ft camouflage tarp
-preserving kit
--salt
--sheets of varying layers
--tool for creating sawdust
--jars & other assorted supplies

Tent :
Large 4 Person Tent & Equiptment
-Torches (2)
-Rope, Hemp (50 ft.)
-Lantern, hooded
-Bedroll
-Blanket, Winter
-Large Chest
--Very Simple Lock
--Very Simple Key

Heirloom: A common book she took from her mother before she was sold into slavery. The book gives the basics of writing, spelling and very minor tips on grammar. It is pretty old and the cloth binding is starting to come apart.

Housing

House: A Large, 4 person, tent parked out in the sea of tents called Tent City. The Tent is pretty barren with a simple bedroll, blanket and then a large chest with a simple lock on it to deter common thieves. The chest usually houses her tools and equipment when she is not using it (as well as her heirloom). The Tent itself is made out of some cloth like material and is usually staked right onto the ground without a tarp to sit between the tent and the dirt floor.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Cash in Housing +500 GM 600 GM
Toolkit, Hunter/Trapper's -25 GM 575 GM
Tent (4ppl) -10 GM 565 GM
Lantern, Hooded -7 GM 558 GM
Rope, Hemp (50 ft.) -1 GM 557 GM
Large Chest -2 GM 555 GM
Lock, Very Simple -20 GM 535 GM
Key, Very Simple -4 GM 531 GM
Blanket, Winter -5 SM 530 GM 5 SM
Bedroll -1 SM 530 GM 4 SM
Torches (2) -4 CM 530 GM 3 SM 6 CM
Large Common Beech Wood Basket -3 SM 530 GM 6 CM
Small Cage -5 GM 525 GM 6 CM

Thread List

flashbacks :
Title Timestamp Location Players Progress
title url day of season, year av location, location person, person incomplete

Spring 514 :
Title Timestamp Location Players Progress Rewards
The Problem with Snares 3rd of Spring, 514 av Sunberth Qali (solo) incomplete ---
Ain't No Party Like a Sunberthian Party 20th of Spring, 514 av Slag Heap Fire, Sunberth Qali, Buras, Kellerman incomplete ---
Brocken Shackles and Rusted Chains 34th of Spring, 514 av Sunberth Nicholas, Qali incomplete ---
Last edited by Qali Stripe on April 28th, 2014, 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Qali Stripe
Livin' in ruins of a palace within my dreams

Words: 9995
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2014, 3:00 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Qali Stripe

Postby Qali Stripe on April 25th, 2014, 7:34 pm

Qali Stripe Character Development

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
Qali Stripe
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
Some young man who thought I was a real owl tried to name me 'Owlie the Owl" once. Needless to say, I did not stick around to let it grow on me.
3. How old are you?
Physically? I think I look most like the teenage humans. I'm really only three though.
4. What is your height?
I'm about 5'2", but hopefully I'll grow a little bit before too long...
5. What is your weight?
I don't know. When there's good bounty from my hunts I can pass the 100lb mark, but when there's a shortage or the birds and rabbits are being too clever I will easily sink under 90lbs.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
I see a strong and independent person who has made due with a shitty life that will be too short and too hard than seems reasonable. I know I'm not that good looking, and that's all the better for me, less attention means less chance of being accosted or harassed. I'd rather blend into the shadows than be the center of attention.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
Most of the time people mistake me for a younger boy. It's kinda funny, actually. I don't really mind. Being perceived as male can be better in this city sometimes anyways. With my lack of looks people usually don't remember my face, which is nice too.
3. What is your favorite body feature?
On me? Eh... my wings in my Owl form hands down. My human form isn't very useful-- well I take that back, thumbs are really nice, but my wings are the best.
4. How physically fit are you?
I'm not super fit, infact I'm so skinny I'm kinda unfit in that extreme. I got some muscles on my arms and legs, but not enough to help me out none.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
Clothing is a luxery I don't see a point in now. I wear the hand-me downs from the orphanage and an oversized and patched up coat I found in the Sunset Quarter... I'll wear anything that keeps me decent and warm in the colder days and keeps the rocks outta my feet. I do prefer more neutral colors though.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
My ma's a nasty sort, sold me to some man who was gonna try to coax me into bonding to his daughter so she'd have a pet and guardian I guess-- yeah my own ma! I guess she cheated on her rich husband with my da and he told her to get rid of me. If I hadn't been a Kelvic they'd've never known. Just my luck to be a "lucky" one...
As for my da... ma said once he was real fancy but some mans slave I think? I dunno. She only told me 'bout him once and didn't even know he was a Kelvic. I'd like ta find him one day though... maybe see what he's like.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
I dunno. I think my ma left town or died in the fire, haven't seen her since she sold me off. As for my da, who knows? I might have one or two floating around.
3. What is your extended family like?
I really don't know. I wasn't around long enough for my ma to tell me about her family.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
More important I guess.. Don;t have any family so the closest I;d get would be friends, right?
5. Do you treat animals like family?
Not really. I don't run into other owls too often 'round here and when I do they aren't too chatty. They're nocturnal and hunt most of the night. Other birds and creatures I run into I can't really communicate with or they are food, so I don;t try to communicate or befriend them. Would you befriend a chicken you knew was gonna be dinner in an hour?

Right in Sunberth in some house in Castle Commons.
2. Where do you live now?
Tent City, in Sunberth. Maybe someday I'll get outta here, but maybe not.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
I dunno. I hear stories about Syliras being nice. Would be cool to check it out one day.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
The wilds just around Sunberth at night. I take wing and just soak in the moonlight.
5. Where do you fear to be?
Back in a cage with a Kelvic Collar on...

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
4. How do you learn best?
5. What are your educational goals for the future?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
2. Do you like to read?
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Qali Stripe
Livin' in ruins of a palace within my dreams

Words: 9995
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2014, 3:00 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet