An Apology To All Concerned...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Caarsa Plainstalker on April 27th, 2014, 6:51 pm

Hey, guys. It's Razkar.

Well, it's been a month since I was banned, and the Staff have been generous enough to let me rejoin the site with a new character. I honestly wasn't expecting that. Given the amount of trouble I've caused, I thought they'd just perma-ban me and be done with it.

Turns out I've been given a second chance.

To make a long-story short, I made Raz a monument to my ego, and that caused umpteen problems for the Staff here, and the players. I disregarded the rules, the NPC Code, godmodded players, and what's worse, I was aware I was doing it. I told myself that I was "telling a good story" and that was enough justification... but that was so wrong it borders on the retarded.

So, it took a while, but eventually I got called on my bullshit and banned. For a few days I just railed against the Staff. They were jealous, or petty, or inefectual, or anything else. Like I said: ego. I never stopped to think I might be the one at fault, and I'd used Mizahar not to tell a story or work on my writing or meet people, but just to glorify myself.

I broke the rules to do that, and despite being told time and time again to stop, I kept doing it. I paid for that. The rules are there for a reason, and the Staff have to enforce them no matter what. No-one's above that.

To all the Staff I stole hours from, correcting my arrogance in their domains, I am sorry for the trouble I caused. All it would have taken would have been a few posts in the HD, or just reading the rules a little closer.

To all the players I left hanging, I'm sorry I let you all down. Tinnok, Noven, Buras, Anna, all the others... I should have known better, and I'm sorry if I cost you anything in that regard. Edreina, in particular, you know I hate myself for leaving your character with such a huge hole in her narrative, thanks to Raz's disappearance. You tried to help me so many times and I didn't listen.

To all of you, if I can make this right in some way, let me know. Usually when we're sorry, we're sorry were caught and nothing more. I think I've gone passed that: I'm sorry for the damage done and time I wasted for everyone. I won't make those mistakes again, especially on a site that has been so wonderful for me.

Thanks for your time.
Caarsa Plainstalker
A Man, In Time

Words: 13387
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2014, 5:40 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Radiant on April 27th, 2014, 7:22 pm

Hello, Caarsa.

First of all, welcome back to Mizahar.

Second, personally, during the course of your month-long ban, I have given some thought about you and what you did.

Yes, what you did was wrong, you were warned time and time again, by no less than multiple, DS, AS and even a Founder, yet you continued with your caravan of Godmodding and Powergaming. Your banning was a hard decision, but it was necessary, since you didn't listen. You wasted time, effort, and energy for the staffs of Mizahar, and for your thread partners who didn't deserve the interventions given to you.

It is good for me to see that you have accepted what you did, felt sorry for it, fix yourself, and move on, start fresh. It is the right and honorable thing to do.

In conclusion, only time will tell if the leniency given to you is well-deserved or not. I sure hope it is, despite your mistakes, few can deny that you are an amazing writer and plot-driver, it's just that you didn't bother to ask the STs in charge whether a certain plot of yours was feasible or not.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Eldritch on April 27th, 2014, 7:44 pm

Hello Tom, welcome back!

First off I'm glad to see you back and coming to terms with what happened, very glad in fact. Also as Anna's player I can say I forgive you for whatever inconvenience you caused me there, honestly and truly. I look forward to seeing that you have indeed changed and I think you are deserving of this second chance. You were and are a good RPer, just had your priorities in the wrong place.

I hope to see more from you once again once you get settled into your new PC. I believe in your ability to change, to be the person you really can be. Sometimes a bit of self introspection does some good, I'm happy to see that was the case for you.

Hope to see you around the forums and in Chat! :)
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Timothy Mered on June 11th, 2014, 2:18 am

HI Raz, or Tom, or Caarsa!

I was Rafael' Colebourne's handler and the first thing I did when I returned to Mizahar yesterday was to check on Razkar and Eidreina. Obviously, I was suprised to see that you hadn't been active for a while. Just today I have learned what transpired.

I feel I need to extend an apology to you and Eidreina as well for having dropped Rafael. I just couldn't dedicate the time anymore so I am sorry for leaving you both hanging. Hopefully it hasn't been too much of a pain for both of you as I believe there was only one unfinished thread with that character.

Having said that, I can promise you that I am much better prepated this time and have more time available and a decent plan for my character.

I really hope to RP with you again one day! Personally, I didn't experience any of the godmodding that you are apologizing for so I hold no grudge or anything. If anything, I am excited and relieved that you've been granted a second chance and hope to RP with you again!

And just to be clear to everyone here, I know too little of the entire situation and will stay out any further discussion about it. I just happen to have played with Raz/Tom and I hope to do so again sometime soon, albeit under the name Caarsa this time!

Cheers!
Timothy Mered
Determined

Words: 296697
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2014, 1:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)