PM to join Playing with Flux [Sei]

Nivel and Sei practice Flux

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Playing with Flux [Sei]

Postby Nivel on April 28th, 2014, 4:07 am

65th day of Spring, 514 AV

It was early mourning, but late enough that the sun had made it's present known. The sun was particularly bright to day, this didn't bother Nivel but she noticed many Tall Folk shielding their eyes from its blinding shine. Nivel mentally added this phenomenon into the list of things she still didn't understand about her larger brethren.

The Pycon didn't have anything planned for the day and felt she should try practising her Flux magic. Nivel had yet to attempt this sort of training, mostly due to extensive procrastination. Magic in general was something some pycon even feared for it was often so unpredictable and dangerous and while Nivel wasn't nervous using her Auristics, she was about using flux. If The knights didn't require some form of offensive magic to become a mage knight, Nivel would certainly have only used support magic. Silly combat spars were one thing but Nivel didn't really want to hurt others if she could help it.

She did her usual battle to gain the attention of the guards and after some pleasantries and warnings she was let out of the gates. Nivel thought she would need to practice out of the city on the off chance that something went horribly wrong, she knew she could run into monsters or beasts but the safety of Siliras mattered more. The Pycon was fairly certain that Flux didn't actually pose a threat but why take chances with others lives. Nivel was told a story by her father of a young Pycon who summoned a horde of strange beasts that destroyed an entire town and another young Pycon that turned her friend into a clump of rancid dirt. Nivel wouldn't know what to do with herself if she turned a friend of hers into a clump of horrible smelling soil.

Nivel krept through the wild untamed grass, she did her best to stay silent and not alert the attention of a creature that might mistake her for prey. The pycon remained oblivious to the fact that her sparkly clay body would draw attention to her no matter how quiet she made herself, she none the less took great care in making every step delicate.

She needed to find a suitable place to practice, One that was peaceful and had heavy objects that she could push around to demonstrate the new found strength her magic would hopefully grant her. She stumbled about a nice spot next to a small stream. There was just enough bushes and trees to conceal her, and several large rocks that must have rolled off the mountain near by. There were a few decent sized rocks for Nivel but also a few boulders in the area as well.

Nivel found a nicely sized rock mildly wedged into the dirt and attempted to push it, Putting all her might into moving it she was barely able to make it budge.
“This rock will be perfect” She thought to herself.
Still standing next to it she began to close her mind to the world, as the focus used to channel ones Djed for Flux was great. Nivel focused her mind on her feet and then slowly through out her whole body as her patron had taught her. It was very had to do in such a vulnerable place but after many attempts she was able to attain a focused mind. Nivel moved her hands in front of her legs, doing her best to focus on the Djed in her legs. Slowly moving her hands up her body and envisioning the Djed within as if it were a stream that she needed to coax to where she wanted. She was sure she could feel it slowly flow flow through her as she moved her hands up, crossing her arms and moving each hand down the opposite arm and out. After repeating this process several times she was ready to move the gigantic rock.

She got into a squat position and put her hands to the rock, with her legs weakened it was hard to keep balance so she used the rock to balance herself. Nivel quickly realized that pushing against the rock with her arms alone was probably not the best course of action, she didn't realize how much strength was needed of the legs. How ever with the help of her tail she was able to gain the stability to push the rock with her upper body strength alone. With all the force she could muster, the pycon managed to shift the rock about half a Gold Miza. She would have continued to push herself further but a nearby sound broke her out of her trance, negating the process.

Nivel quickly took shelter behind the rock and looked around to see what manner of beast had disrupted her.
Last edited by Nivel on June 15th, 2014, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Playing with Flux [Sei]

Postby Sei Tendo on May 11th, 2014, 2:21 am

Another normal day in the bronze woods. It's always so calming when I come here. A sigh of content came from the Kelvic squire. It had been a little while since his last visit, but the Bronze Woods hadn't changed a bit in his mind. He continued along the path, his lamellar armor making dull clinks and claks as the shortsword on his back collided with it with each step. He could also hear it when his boots made contact with the ground. Another sigh of content.

Sei looked stopped to study his surroundings. Large trees with leaves of bronze and golden brown. It was hard to keep his guard up when it was so relaxing here. He managed though, mainly because he had to. Even though he'd come to train, he still felt like it was an off day. Everything was normal.

Until he saw it.

It looked like a femal maniquin made of clay, and was the size of a doll. And it talked. What the petch is that thing?! Wait a minute.. Is that knightly armor?! He stepped through a cluster of bushes, disturbing whatever it was. When it heard the noise, it hid behind a boulder.

"Are you a.. Knight?"
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Playing with Flux [Sei]

Postby Nivel on May 21st, 2014, 1:36 am

Nivel let out a sigh of relief when she realized it was only a Tall Folk that had spotted her. This Tall folk was indisputably male, although she had no way of knowing that she was also talking to a kelvic. She admired his pale skin for it reminded Nivel of porcelain, which was the more luxurious clay body to obtain. She moved out of her hiding place slowly still not sure she could trust this stranger, she had no weapon but readied herself to run instead.

He seemed to take notice of the armour nivel was wearing. The tea pot shaped helm and the short leather robe weren't the most noble of armour so it surprised Nivel that this Tall Folk though she was a knight. It was hard enough convincing others that she was a squire let alone a full Knight.
“I'm not a knight..but I am a squire.” Nivel replied as she straightened her helmet. “My name is Nivel, what's yours?"

Nivel wanted to continue her flux practice but was afraid of what this new acquaintance would would think of her. She wasn't sure how much this man had seen of her before he made his presence known. Although she hadn't done anything that would constitute very much suspicion, only someone familiar with the practice of Djed would have any idea what she was doing. She she still felt a little nervous and while it wasn't obvious to a tall folk her ears quivered in nervousness the longer he was in her presence.
Last edited by Nivel on June 15th, 2014, 4:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Playing with Flux [Sei]

Postby Sei Tendo on June 12th, 2014, 7:46 pm

"I-I'm Sei."

So the clay looking.. human(?) was named Nivel... How weird. Nivel was also a squire, and upon closer observation, looked ready to run away. There was no need for her to run from a fellow Squire. Maybe it was because she was so small...

"You don't have to be afraid. I'm a Squire like you after all. Not to be rude but, what are you?"

OOCSorry it's short, I just wanted to get a post up. I'll be back on my more active routine with school out, so hopefully we'll finish this up. :D
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Playing with Flux [Sei]

Postby Nivel on June 14th, 2014, 11:52 pm

“It's nice to meet you Sei..” Nivel replied jovially but still a touch reserved. The pycon's worry that this Tall Folk had spotted her doing magic had not subsided but she tried to relax herself. Nivel was normally happy to have others around her but she wanted to get back to her training and Sei was a hurdle the pycon would need to pass. The real question was how...Being the extremely social ball of energy that Nivel was, made this the first time she had to think of a way to get of talking to someone. She could think of some kind of elaborate story like how she had a rare disease, that she was cursed, that a loved one had died and she just need to be alone..but none of these seemed like anything convincing.

“oh..I'm a pycon, we are ,,people that are smaller...and made of clay...” Nivel answered awkwardly, she felt a little guilty that she was thinking of lies to get out of talking to him while he was doing his best to reassure her. “What are you exactly? ...I know you're one of the Tall Folk but...what kind?” tilting her head out of curiosity. She figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask him just a bit of questions...He was sure to go on his business after a bit of conversation. She was also curious to hear about the cultural clans of the various tall folk, It was something that the pycon rarely ever did. Pyconia was the only pyve she knew of with a given name and the pycons who grew up there didn't call themselves Pyconians. Some Pycons didn't even see a need for a distinction between the Tall Folk and the Pycons, it did seem a bit silly to give different names to people based on their size. Although Nivel really only called her taller brothers and sisters by a different name because they felt the need to call her a name because she was smaller.

“what are you doing in the forests...don't you think it's a bit dangerous?” Nivel regretted this question as soon as it came out of her mouth hole. The natural thing after a question like that was to mirror it bringing Nivel back to where she started, trying to think of more lies to tell this poor Tall Folk. However her Nexis was as empty as the clear sky, she couldn't form so much as one solitary fluffy white lie cloud. Her sparkling winged ears and tail quivered from the nervous jitters.

OocIt's okay but next time please just private message me, no need to rush your posts.
Last edited by Nivel on June 15th, 2014, 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Playing with Flux [Sei]

Postby Sei Tendo on June 15th, 2014, 12:49 am

ImageOOCAlright. I'll remember that in the future. :)

"Oh, I see. Pycon..." The Kelvic had just met his first Pycon. Clay creatures who called humans 'Tall Folk'. This was all new to Sei, so he wasn't quite sure. There was something bothering him, and the little Pycon girl. He wondered what was bothering her.

"I'm a white tiger Kelvic! I can turn into a tiger at will!" He said proudly. He loved being a Kelvic. It was amazing. Especially his days as a hunter. The wind in his fur, the adrenaline rushes, the thrill of the chas--

"Huh? Of course it's dangerous, but that's what makes it fun! Oh right, somethings bothering me about you. I just saw you move a boulder four times your size. W-were you using.. Flux by chance?"
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Playing with Flux [Sei]

Postby Nivel on June 15th, 2014, 7:11 pm

“Oh a Kelvic...so your one of those Tall Folk that can shift form?” Nivel found it odd that most Tall Folk were stationary in their form and even when they could change they were fairly limited. The pycon wasn't entirely sure what a tiger was but knew it was something similar to the cats she had seen wondering around cities from time to time. She slowly shaped her her body into a cat, shrinking her ears into small triangle shapes, standing on all fours, and changing her face and tail into a more feline appearance. “Is this what a tiger looks like...?” Nivel asked as her form bounced back to it's original state like a rubber band. “ I can't keep a form for too long but some changes are permanent...although I haven't had a permanent one in a while” Nivel wondered why this was, When she was younger permanent changes happened so frequently but they had died down lately. Maybe she would need to push herself to discover new ways of thinking.

“um..yes it is quite fun...” Nivel was taken aback by Sei's forwardness, but with no excuses that came to mind she took a leap of faith and told the truth. “you saw correctly...I...was using flux” she internally cringed a bit but forced herself to relax. Few people knew about magic let alone a specific practice so this kelvic must also be a user of flux. If this assumption was true she would be a fool to pass up an opportunity to work with him “Do you know how to preform Flux magic? ...If so would you like to practice together?” Nivel felt as though she would explode while waiting for his response, While it was obvious by now he meant her no harm she still felt weary.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Playing with Flux [Sei]

Postby Sei Tendo on June 16th, 2014, 10:25 pm

Now the Kelvic was fascinated. Nivel changed her small clay body into that of a house cat, but it shaped back to her first form after a few ticks. They can shift to? All he let out was a small nod and an 'oh'.

"Uh... I know how to use it, but I'm not that good." He admitted. It was true. It took him half a chime to channel it into his desired limbs, an if he made Nivel wait that long it would be an embarrassment. Ah, what the hell. Why not.

"Sure, why not."
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Playing with Flux [Sei]

Postby Nivel on June 28th, 2014, 6:10 am

Nivel didn't feel it right away but the strain both the flux and the shifting had done to her body made it's self known. It was a hard feeling for her to comprehend, she only knew that it was unnatural and was most likely a result of pushing herself to quickly with flux. It would seem that it was probably not a good idea to continue practice but the least the pycon could do was help Sei with his Flux before leaving to recharge her Djed reserves.

The kelvic was too astounded by Nivel's demonstration to answer her question, which the pycon found a little rude. “So do I look like a Tiger of not?” Nivel asked with a touch of sass “oh never mind, it doesn't matter let's get to the flux.” Nivel moved until she was between the tall folk and the stream, she faced the tall folk “ Although,I think I may have pushed myself to far already..I'm starting to feel a bit...not good” Nivel explained as her ears and head slowly drooped dramatically “I'm very sorry but I'll still help you with your training before I leave, of course.”

Nivel's ears perked back up as she started her instructions, and she carried almost comical sounding authoritarian tone as she spoke them. “okay so..you need to now find the flow of energy within yourself, I was taught to imagine a stream of water like this river” Nivel gestured her hand behind her towards the small rushing stream “I pretend I'm moving the stream inside myself with strong winds I make with my hand gestures or I pretend I'm making a dam out of twigs that alters the flow of water to where I want it.” The pycon moved her hands in a flowing pattern as she talked to convey what she was talking about.

“Oh and moving the energy to your arms doesn't always work, I just found out now that most of your strength actually comes from your legs.” Nivel hesitated as she wondered if she was actually giving the right information, she was only a novice after all “or maybe I could be wrong...you might have to find out what works best for you...just don't push yourself to hard.”

When she felt that she had gave him as much instruction as she could she said her goodbyes and silently made her way back to Syliras.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Playing with Flux [Sei]

Postby Ashar on October 7th, 2014, 1:09 am

Nivel
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Stealth 1
Flux 1
Socialization 3
Interrogation 1
Teaching 1

Lores
Syliras: Peace Before Practice
Flux: Loss & Gain
Kelvic: Shifting People
Flux: Draining Consequences
Flux: Like a Stream

Loot :
+1 Shield Point

Sei
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation 1
Socialization 3

Lores
Bronze Woods: Calming
Pycon: Clay Folk
Pycon: Shifters
Flux: Like a Stream

Additional Comments
Aside from a few spelling and grammatical errors, I was enjoying where this was going. It's a shame it was cut short.

Also PM me if there's anything about the grade that dissatisfies you, and don't forget to edit your grade request in the domain's thread.
Ashar is being renovated. Be patient!

"Do not try to fight yourself. Such is the road to chaos."
Image Image Image
Ashar
Pushing onward

Words: 142780
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 1:04 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes