[Issues found by Gossamer] Jory Carver

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Jory Carver

Postby Jory Carver on April 30th, 2014, 9:47 pm

GOSS NOTE: This PC has more than 5 alts. He has about 12-14 that I've found so far. I can't post a mod intervention on this thread because he has broken code that really screws the thread up. Anyhow that's why hes got a RED X.

Jory Carver

Basic Information

Race: Human
Birthday: 57th of Autumn, AV 484
Birthplace: Sunberth

Appearance: The man stood around five foot ten, give or take an inch, fairly broad with some bulk behind him but he lacked definition, not the body of someone who laid about all day but neither the body of some rich boy who could afford to workout day in, day out or of a trained warrior who had endured the constant drills of combat. His hair was a dark brown, though it was rarely brushed and tended to be swept back with the sweat of work and across his angled jaw was a rough brow stubble that was always in a staged of growth depending on how long ago he had shaved. He walked ungracefully, with an intrusive gait, the walk of someone who places little value in style but rather in establishing their presence His face was fairly stern and grim for one so young, particularly when working when his thick brown brow would be furrowed in concentration while his skin was weather-beaten, and around his face with faint freckles under his eyes and on his nose that one could only see if they stood close.

Character Concept

Personality

Jory is paranoid, aggressive, callous and has a complete disregard for anything that doesn't affect him. In short he is a born and bred Sunberthian. Like all residents of Sunberth, he was taught from a young age to trust no strangers and be wary of all outsiders, to him there is no such thing as a free gift or a true friend but that is a trait that is hardly uncommon in Sunberth. His tenacity is something else that can be found running thick through his city, whether in a brawl, treatment or diagnosis he has a reputation for pulling no punches, nothing is off-limits when he is invested in some way. This may lead some people to believe he is nosy and prying but when he encounters something that doesn't affect, or at least he believes doesn't affect him, he wouldn't give two shits most of the times since to him nothing good comes of sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

Morals

Morals cannot be set in stone to him, how can one stick to a code and principles when every situation is different? To him those who have a creed must either give no thought to the future and what it will bring or are massive liars. He's not an ambitious, backstabbing, crafty individual, but would he be willing to do something unsavoury when a knife was put to his back or saw huge benefit to himself... almost certainly.

Violence - He's stepped in the ring a few times and he's watched it a lot more, this is a guy who doesn't mind throwing or taking a few punches.
Hard Work - While he thinks he has to take the most shit with his job making him one of the hardest working man in Mizahar in his opinion, one of the best ways to earn his respect and approval is simply put some elbow grease into whatever it is he does.
Scholarly Pursuits - Reading, writing and even trying to examine the natural world are all things he enjoys. For him, furthering knowledge and learning about the world around him is something he supports completely with only a few exceptions.
Peace and Quiet - He's not uncomfortable in a crowd and he doesn't find himself awkwardly shuffling off every time a social situation arises but he is a man who prefers his own company to other people.
Drink and Pipeweed - He likes a drink and smoke to relax, both on the stronger side for most people's taste.

Dislikes

Beggars - Jory has no sympathy for those who wallow in self-pity and those who live off handouts so he's more likely to give beggars a kick in the teeth rather than some coppers.
Outsiders - Raised with caution and wisdom, Jory has become a little bit distrusting over the years. Combined with a touch of casual racism, Jory will seldom warm up to an outsider, particularly one that stands out in a crowd, when first meeting them.
Overindulgence - Jory drinks and smokes, he's hardly a perfect man. But that doesn't mean for one second he will turn a blind eye to those who make stupid decision after stupid decision for their particular vice, and those that do will quickly find themselves on their own.
Magic - Magic is hardly loved by the people in most places, and in Sunberth they downright hate it. Raised with a healthy hatred of mages and their machinations anyone stupid enough to reveal the fact that they possess magic in Sunberth are likely to see Joru either leave them to the mob, throw a punch, or try and kill them himself.

Indifference

Slavery - Everyone has their place in the world and for some people to be at the top there has to be the masses at the bottom, he doesn't like authoritarian figures, he doesn't like people who through their weight around, but even he has to accept that there is a pecking order to life and truthfully he is just glad he isn't at the bottom.
Religion - Jory is aware the gods exist, and he gets the impression they are far more powerful than he could ever be, but they have never played a major role in his life and unless one steps forward to claim him, that is unlikely to change.

Character History

Pre-Creation History

He was born Jory Carver on 25th of Autumn, AV 486 in the shithole that was Sunberth. A healthy child was normally considered a gift to the parents, a small piece of life that they had created together that was meant to be treasured and nurtured, but not for Jory. His mother was called Sophia Carver, and his father might have been anyone for all Jory knew. His mother was a whore, or at least just a slag based on the number of gentleman callers she received on a daily basis. With no sense of compassion, or even decency as she dealt with these men, at times in front of her infant child as he grew up through the years. The men had often showered her with gold and gifts, allowing her a taste of a life she would never fully experience but as time allowed Jonathan to grow and flourish somewhat, it yellowed her teeth and wrinkled her skin, turning the once gem of a women into a bitter, hollow shadow of her former glory.

So throughout the years Jory was subjected to abuse, physical in his early years from both his mother and some of her gentlemen callers, while in his later teenagers it was more verbal about both his failings as a son and her former glory. Jory hated the bitch, every day silently grinding his teeth and clenching his jaw to avoid lashing out against her, and one might have forgiven, or at least understood him for one day crippling or killing her in anger, but that day never came. At the age of eighteen he left home, not for bigger and better things, in fact just a couple of blocks away but it was a start nonetheless. Striving to do more that his washed out mother ever did he became an assistant to Doctor Petricious, the local and only doctor within Sunberth. Jory 's time there was informative if not distasteful, observing the doctor distantly, choosing to learn by observation and more ethical hands on treatments as opposed to the doctor's more brutal experiments he was so renowned for. Any time that was spared was put to good use, expanding his knowledge of herblore.

But the senseless brutality of Doctor Petricious irritated him and towards the end of his employment there they had begun to clash, so like so many assistants before him, Jory chose to leave the sadistic doctor. But he wasn't going to leave, far from it indeed, the world outside of Sunberth held no interest to the doctor so instead he made the stupidest decision on paper and decided to form his own medical clinic in Sunberth.

Post-Creation History
Last edited by Jory Carver on June 27th, 2014, 8:03 am, edited 16 times in total.
Retired, bye all.
Jory Carver
Player

Words: 18705
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2014, 4:43 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Jory Carver

Postby Jory Carver on April 30th, 2014, 10:03 pm

Language
Fluent Language: Common.
Basic Language: Fratava.
Poor Language: N/A

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Medicine 11 SP, 15 RB 26 Competent
Herbalism 26 SP 26 Competent
Unarmed Combat 8 SP 8 Novice
Writing 5 SP 5 Novice

Lores

Lore of Basic Medicinal Treatments
Lore of Recognising an Outsider
Last edited by Jory Carver on June 27th, 2014, 8:10 am, edited 9 times in total.
Retired, bye all.
Jory Carver
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Jory Carver

Postby Jory Carver on May 1st, 2014, 5:01 pm

Possessions
1 Set of Work Clothing
-Low Leather Boots
-Coarse Brown Trousers
-Brown Leather Apron
-Ramie Shirt
-Cotton Undergarments

1 Set of Town Clothing
-Low Leather Boots
-Fine Woollen Brown Trousers
-Simple Buckled Leather Belt
-Cotton Shirt
-Leather Coat
-Cotton Undergarments

Wooden Pipe*
Pouch (5oz Swamp Weed)*

1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Metal)
-Brush (Metal)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

*=Typically carried on person.
Other possessions is stored in apartment.

Housing

House: 1 basic 20x20 single room cottage (400 sq feet) with a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and small table.

Ledger

Purchase Date Cost Total
Starting Starting Package +100 GM 100 GM
Purchase - Wooden Pipe Starting Package -14 GM 86 GM
Purchase - Pouch Starting Package -1 GM 85 GM
Purchase - Swamp Weed (5 oz) Starting Package -5 GM 81 GM
Purchase - Work Clothes Starting Package -10.0 GM 71 GM
Purchase - Civilian Clothes Starting Package -7.9 GM 63.9 GM
Last edited by Jory Carver on June 13th, 2014, 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Retired, bye all.
Jory Carver
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Jory Carver

Postby Jory Carver on May 1st, 2014, 9:14 pm

Thread List

Spring AV 414

Flashbacks
Last edited by Jory Carver on June 7th, 2014, 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Retired, bye all.
Jory Carver
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Jory Carver

Postby Jory Carver on May 1st, 2014, 9:14 pm

Questionnaire

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
Jory Carver
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
Last I checked I was a grown man so no I ain't got any nicknames..
3. How old are you?
I 'ave seen a few summers now, 'bout twenty eight... nah twenty nine. I'll 'it thirty six when this autumn arrives, you start to not care after a while, you get old fast in Sunberth.
4. What is your height?
Five foot and ten, maybe eleven inches. Don't really care about it.
5. What is your weight?
I dunno, 'bout one sixty, maybe one seventy. I don't keep track of those kinda things, I can see ma knob so I don't have much to worry about.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
Sorry mate but I aven't got much time to look in mirrors nowadays, so why don't you find some spoilt, stuck-up brat who does?
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
Pfft, I don't know. Why should I care what any of 'em arseholes think of me?
3. What is your favourite body feature?
Once again...Do I look like I stare in a bloody mirror all day?
4. How physically fit are you?
I work, I get out and about. But I ain't one of those rich boys who can work day in, day out with one of those trainers of theirs, you be the fuckin' judge.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
Trousers and shirts (What else is there?) made of wool, maybe leather at a stretch but none of that silk or other shite. Generally dark colours - Browns, dark greens and black. When I'm workin' I roll up ma sleeves and stick an apron on, might as well an' try to keep the blood.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
Don't know ma bloody Pa but I couldn't give a rat's hairy arse 'bout that, my Ma on the other hand I know all too well but I have nought to do with that bitch now.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Only child as far as I know off, wouldn't surprise me if my pa fucked another whore and got her pregnant but I wouldn't know anything about that. As for my ma, unless she 'ad one before I cam along and got rid of it I'm pretty sure I ain't got any siblings 'cos of 'er.
3. What is your extended family like?
I don't know... Is family that distant really that important?
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
Well chances are they are more useful than close family so probably more important.
5. Do you treat animals like family?
Yeah, sure. Just before I'm about to eat my chicken we have a real family heart-to-heart conversation. Moron...

The shithole that is Sunberth.
2. Where do you live now?
In that same shithole.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
I dunno, is there a place in Mizhar that you won't ask me anymore fuckin' questions?
4. Do you have a favourite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
I don't have that luxury so no I don't!
5. Where do you fear to be?
Hai? How the fuck should I know? You could be always worse off...

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
Not that I know of, please point out if I'm missing a bloody arm!
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right handed, that's my cuttin' hand.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
Common is my mother tongue, I also know some Fratava since enough bloody sailors and traders come through 'ere.
Someone once said my voice sounded like gravel being dragged over a whetstone, I think they were talkin' absolute bollocks. Preachy little bard...
As for a accent, what does a Sunberthian accent sound like anyway?

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Not that I know of, I won't know until some annoying little bastard points 'em out then I won't be able to stop noticin' 'em.
Jory frequently cracks his fingers and knuckles, often right before diagnosing or fixing them up.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)?
Some things are best left unsaid.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
I'm a doctor.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
I don't mind it, you 'ave a couple of laughs and make a few bob along the way, that's all matters far as I'm concerned.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
Never really thought about it... Rich I suppose.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
Mine obviously.
5. What occupation do you least like? Why?
Yours?.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
I can't really give you an 'onest answer can I? I suppose I might have been a little bit of a troublemaker and I could've made my parent's lives easier but... I guess I wasn't too bad.
2. What is your favourite memory from childhood?
What is this? A therapy session or somethin'?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
Mind ya business.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
Go to the nearest pig farm, find the biggest pile of pig shite you can fine, rub your face in it and go into the closest tavern. Their reaction sums up my relationship.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?
Sunberth, that's all you need to know.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
I was a doctor's assistant to a Doctor Petricious, the only doctor in Sunberth. It wasn't a formal education, I learnt mainly through observation and practical experience. I often used any spare time I 'ad to learn about herb lore and philtering.
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
We learn every day, don't we? But I don't mind playing the scholar and doing specific research if that's what you mean but it isn't my favourite thing to do.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
'aven't you asked me this already? Like I said, I learnt most things from Doctor Petricious when I was working for him for a time.
4. How do you learn best?
Practical experience is always the most valuable, you can't learn my trade from a book.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
Pfft, I dunno man. That's a little beyond me truth be told, I don't think but I've never thought about it before.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
I find myself in the position of being trusted rather than having to trust people, but if that have proven themselves to be reliable or at least competent then I don't see why I wouldn't.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
I'm bi.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
Have you ever been punched in the face? If not, I would be happy to do so.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
Never mind the punch in the face, how about a knife to the balls?

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
Of course I have been drunk; I can't even remember the first time I got drunk I have done it that much.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
Of course I do, what self-respecting man doesn't drink?
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
Ale, beer, cider, bitter, whisky y'know things like that.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
Nope, apart from some pipeweed every now and again I don't take anything
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
Make your question more specific, I couldn't give a rat's arse about drugs and alcohol. If people want to take them that is fine by me, it is none of my bloody business, sends more business my way after all.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
I don't know man... Drinking, smoking, maybe hitting the cage pits every now and again.
2. Do you like to read?
I guess, I ain't that good at it.
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
Pretentious arseholes who think every word they speak in a pearl of wisdom
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
Sleep.

Favourites :
1. What is your favourite colour or colours?
Green I guess, these are really strange questions y'know that?
2. What is your favourite time of day?
Morning, I like the quiet.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
Piss off, something's are private y'know.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
Well anything with meat in. And potato soup is pretty damn nice as well.
Any fancy vegetarian food.

5. What is your favourite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
Of course no weather scares me, I am not some child still afraid of thunder and lightning. My favourite weather is a clear winter's day with no wind.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
I am unsure, that is for other's to decide ain't it?
2. What are your religious views?
I don't care for most of them, to them we are merely playthin's things in the grand scheme and if that's the case they ain't gonna care one shit about me.
3. Would you be able to kill?
I have.
4. What are your views on sex?
I'm sorry but I don't understand the question. People do it... There is not much else to say.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
Lots of gold.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
A real man doesn't show his emotions.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
Everyone's biased, even if they can't accept it.
3. What makes you happy?
I wonder who can truly answer that question...Not me I can say that at least.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
Nothing is worth dying for.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
I don't know, it depends if they are paying me or not.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Well myself for obvious reasons.
3. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
I don't and one that is not next to me the following morning.
4. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
Myself and myself alone.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
Verbal arguments? I tend to avoid those, better to say nothing.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
Nope.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
It truly depends on the people involved obviously, making this question very hard to answer.
4. Do you care what others think of you?
I try not to.
4. What do you think of others, in general?
Okay, now these question are getting ridiculously broad, seriously how am I meant to answer that? Here's a question for you - What do you think?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
I can take a lot of shit.
2. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I don't know, have gills or something like that?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
I don't even know what those words mean.
4. Are you generally organized or messy?
Messy.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
Death, if that makes sense.
2. What is the best part of life?
Living.
3. What is the best part of death?
I don't know, I have yet to experience it.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
In bed, old and wealthy.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Nothing, I plan to be forgotten when I am gone.
Retired, bye all.
Jory Carver
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes