Completed [Job Thread] Can't get tired

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Job Thread] Can't get tired

Postby S'Essy on May 5th, 2014, 4:13 pm

Spring 15th, AV 514

It was nearly evening time, the sun was going down, the weather got a bit chilly. S'Essy was yawning at her room in the first floor, she was there since morning. She didn't do any exhausting but she didn't complain about it. She was happy that people were careful this day. At least most of them. As she sent out her last patient she waited for a chime to get her energy back. She yawned and closed her eyes for a moment then openned it. She didn't know why she was so tired now, she could sleep but she still had to finish her job.

She grabbed a rag to wipe the last patient's blood from the floor. It wasn't a pretty wound, but she got used to it now. People in Riverfall got interesting injuries. It was still a mystery to her how they always manage to do it, but she wasn't at the place to question that. She had to heal them right away. She threw that rag away as the floor was bloodless now. she turned back to the wooden door. She still didn't finish so it was time for the next one.

She openned the door and said loud:"Okay, next can come!" She looked around at the lobby area and as she called the injured a little girl with her mother quickly stood up and went there. She stepped back from the door and let them in. The girl's eyes were red, S'Essy was sure it's because she was crying or something, she already felt sorry for her. The mother was calm and was still comforting her child. At least S'Essy knew it wasn't that serious or the mother would have been worried so much. At least she hoped there wasn't any. She looked at the little girl quickly and she saw nothing first. No wounds were on her skins which would bleed and certainly no broken bones.

She kneeled down to the little girl and was smiling at her, trying to comfort her. "Oh my little dear, where did you hurt yourself?" she asked softly from her. She was still sobbing and her mother answered instead of her. "Show your back, Lily." she said and the girl turned around and pulled her shirt up. S'Essy could see it now. A big red area was there, she bruised at it pretty badly. "I see now. Don't worry it will be fine!" she said and placed her hand gently on her back and healed the bruise. Rak'keli's warm power was going through her again to mend her injuries.

"What happened?" she asked while she was healing. "We..we were playing." answered Lily. Finally she was speaking and was more calm. S'Essy smiled and was shaking her head. How kids can play sometimes. She took away her hand, her skin was still a bit pink but it would disappear by the next two days. S'Essy stood up and pat her hair. "See, I told you it will be fine." They were all smiling now, and S'Essy knew she made a good job. The mother thanked her. "Thank you! Have a pleasent day!" and with that they left the room. That was quick at least. She thought and again sighed. She was a bit frustrated that she was like that today.

Last edited by S'Essy on May 7th, 2014, 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on May 6th, 2014, 1:54 pm

Again she waited for a few chimes till she asked another patient to come in. She gave out a big yawn. She didn't know what was with her. Something this day made her like that. She rubbed her face and was keep talking to herself. "Wake up, wake up! You have to do this work." It helped a bit but still wasn't the best, although she couldn't keep doing this, she really had work to do. And work always gave her a little energy which she needed. And others needed that energy. A last sigh she let out and headed back to the door.

She was about to open it when they knocked hard. She was suprised but she thought it's because it took her so long to get herself up. She quickly openned the door and she saw that two people were bringing an unconscious man. A man and a woman. They looked nearly alike, she was taking a wild guess that perhaps they were brother and sister. S'Essy didn't hesitate, she stepped away from their away and waved her hand. "Lie him there, hurry!" She pointed at the bed and closed the door. She saw that somebody was already doing some basic aid on him, which she was grateful for.

His head was wrapped in a cloth, and she saw it was bloody. Also on his leg there were wounds. As they placed him down carefully, and S'Essy went there, she carefully take of the bloody cloth and could see the big wound on the side of his head. It didn't look that bad, she could close it and probably wake him up. It must be the cause of the trauma. She didn't think more, she placed her hand on his head and started to mend it with Rak'keli's power. The woman and the man who were bringing him, finally talked. "Will he be alright?" S'Essy didn't answer right away. She took away her hand and saw only a red spot on his head now. She placed her ears on his chest and listenned to his breathing and heart beating. It seemed normal to her. She smiled and turned to them. "Yes! He will, I think just a few moment and our friend will wake up."

She said and paid attention to the less problematic area now, on his leg. The wounds weren't severe. She could close them and elimanite the threat that they would get infections. She placed her hand on his leg and started to mend the little wounds. While that the woman were still worried and hit her brother's back. "Told you it's dangerous, IDIOTS!" The man looked annoyed but didn't say anything. S'Essy didn't say anything, didn't try to pay attention to them. They would just annoy her. She took away her hand and gladly noticed that she did a great job again. "Isn't this a beautiful occurrence?" Her smile was big and wide.

She didn't feel tired while she was doing this, work, healing and adrenaline always gave her the edge to continue it. She looked at him and was waiting for him to wake up. She wanted to check if he felt anything she couldn't see outside. "Let's wait till he wakes up. Really shouldn't take so long... So what happened exactly?" she turned to them and raised her eyebrows at them. She was curious now. Before the man could start it the woman answered first with very angry voice. "These petching idiots thought it would be funny to practise some combat at the cliff. " S'Essy didn't really understand the reason but she didn't bother to ask futher. She just nodded and turn her attention back to the patient. She wasn't here to judge afterall.

The excitement went away quickly and she felt slow again. But for her (and their) luck he was finally opening his eyes. S'Essy gave a smile to him. "Good afternoon!" she greeted and saw that the man was still confused. He slowly sat up and looked around. He looked up to his siblins. "What happened?" Was the first question. This time the brother answered. "You got... injured and became unconscious, we brought you to the Gilia Medical Center right away."
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on May 6th, 2014, 4:52 pm

Her patient was still a bit confused and didn't say anything. He was obviously trying to realize what was the situation. S'Essy saw it and waited, still keeping her smile. Then she introduced herself to him and tried to move on for helping him further. "They did, and they brought you to me. I'm S'Essy, your healer!" He turned to her now. He slowly nodded. "Thank you... I'm Rob." S'Essy nodded back to him also. She again waited a bit but she didn't want to waste their time. But before she could say anything the woman spoke again.

"Can we go now... it's been a long day." She said unpatiently. S'Essy kept her manners and tried to calm her nerves. She didn't want to say that she had a long day too. She didn't turn her but answered. "Just give me a few more chimes please! I want to be sure that there is no other problem with him." Her full attention went back to her patient and ignored the visitors. She could finally say what she wanted. "So that's why I wanted to wait till you get up. If you don't mind I would check if you are alright inside. Firstly How is your head?" Rob touched his side of the head where his wound was.

"I think I'm fine, it's a bit itchy here." He said pointing at the place. "Don't pay attention to it. Just a bell and you won't feel it." She then gently hold his arm and was slowly bending it in and out, in and out. "Does this hurt? Do you feel anything strange?" he shoke his head. She did the same with his other arm. "Here?" He again shoke his head. "Good, with your legs you can move them? Do you feel anything?" Rob looked at his legs. Slowly he was moving his toes first then his leg fully. They seemed normal. "I don't feel anything unusual there." S'Essy was happy only just a little remained then.

She asked him to stand up. She helped him with that, but he seemed just fine. "Okay I promise, after this I let you guys go." She took a little glance at the woman who were still unpatient. S'Essy rolled her eyes and asked Rob. "Now, do you feel any pressure or pain in your chest? Or in your stomach? Probably your back?" Rob moving his torso, doing all kinds of movement, pushing certain points on his stomach. Also leaned back a bit. He smiled and shoke his head again gladly. "Nope, I'm completely fine!" S'Essy nodded and she was glad as well. She could let them out without worries. No problem inside and no broken bones, thank to Rak'keli.

"Wonderful, absolutely wonderful! Then I won't keep you here, you can go home and eat." she said with a big smile. Before they would leave Rob asked her. "How about practising?" S'Essy was glad he asked it. She nearly forgot to mention. "Oh about that, you shouldn't do any combat, fighting for 3-4 days. Rest. And next time be careful! Have a good night!" she answered to him as she openned the door for them. They all said thanks. "Thank you for all your troubles! Bye!" and also goodbye to her. They walked out and S'Essy closed the door after them.

Again she spent chimes to get ready for the next. Only one more patients she could take care of. She was too exhausted and even her Healing gnosis mark was limited. Just one more patient and she could go home for a dinner and rest. She also wanted to meditate this day. Again she closed her eyes took a deep breath and blow it out at once. She openned her indigo eyes. It was time for her last patient. She turned around and openned the door. She didn't see anyone in the lobby. It was night time probably that's why and her colleagues worked well too. She felt a bit lucky. She could get her stuff and leave the medical center. She really didn't mind it.

But before she would have closed the door, another man was running to her. His hand was placed on his arm and looked desperate. S'Essy stepped away and let him to come in. "Hurry, hurry!" She closed the door after herself. This was something serious. Or at least it seemed. She ran to the man whose arms were trembling, he was shocked. S'Essy tried to pull his hand away from his arm. "Hey, hey it's okay I'm here, just tell me and show me what's wrong."
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on May 7th, 2014, 11:45 am

"It hurts, it hurts, it hurts!" The man was yelling and didn't want to pull away his hand. S'Essy tried a little force and made his hand go away. And she saw them. Piercings... they were bleeding and they looked black a bit to her. "What the.." She started and looked at the man. "A snake!" S'Essy didn't hesitate more she placed her hand on his arm and healed it. She had to stop whatever poison could get in there and heal the wound. She had to be sure that she can eliminate that threat. Snakes bites were dangerous.

As she took away her hand she didn't see anything on his arm anymore. She calmed down and so did her patient. She was smiling at him. "Okay.. the threat is gone. Just give me a few second please!" She said and went away from him. She couldn't use her healing anymore, she was too exhausted by now. She can't get sick because of tiredness. She took a deep breath and walked back to him to finish her work for today. She could use some meditation and dinner. She wanted eat real soon.

"Okay, do you feel anything strange? Numbness? Hard to breath? Your heart? Any pressure?" She asked, she wanted reassure herself that she still had the power to cleanse his body from the poison, if the snake was poisonous. The man didn't answer right away. He remained silent and it looked like he was pondering. It was obvious that he was paying attention if he felt something unusual in himself. Then he looked at S'Essy. "No. Everything seemse alright to me." She nodded.

For a double check, she placed his hand on his forehead. He had no fever, then with her finger she touched his neck, trying to find the spot where she can feel his heartbeating. When she found it she closed her eyes and was focusing on it. No problems or any unusual. She openned her eyes and smiled now. She was calmer and calmer. She placed her ear on his chest lastly. His breathing was balanced and it didn't seem that there would be anything with his lungs. Thank to Rak'keli there's nothing else and she could save him. "Well, that's it then. You are healthier than ever. If you think you feel anything unusual come back to us but I have doubt that would happen. Good night!"

She openned the wooden door for him. "Thank you, thank you, good bye!" And with that he stepped out, leaving S'Essy alone in the room. Before leaving she looked around the room if everything was in place and alright. She made the bed where her patient was lying and also grabbed the bloody rag to wash it. Medicines which she got, were in place and everything looked clean to her. She was ready to head out from the Medical Center. It was enough... she was hungry, even her stomach was telling her that with a loud sound.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on June 19th, 2014, 6:12 am

XP AWARD!
Thanks for threading in Riverfall.

Character: S’Essy
Experience: Cleaning +1, Organization +4, Medicine +2, Interrogation +2
Lore: Medicine: Healing Bruising, Medicine: Watching for Head Trauma Signs, Medicine: Performing an Exam, Medicine: Treating snakebites

Additional Note: Unfortunately I can’t give you any medicine experience for using your gnosis without combining it with medical exams etc. So you only start getting medicine after you start questioning your patients and doing the actual detail on the exams. So that’s why you got observation for looking for wounds, and cleaning for cleaning up blood.

A first level gnosis mark would heal a small snake bite puncture, but would do nothing to counteract the poison if the serpent was poisonous.

Otherwise nice job thread. Keep in mind in the future they need to be about 2,500 words long.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)