PM to join It All Ends The Same

Symenestras and Kelvics and Slavers, oh my.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

It All Ends The Same

Postby Vayl on May 19th, 2014, 10:26 am

Imagex
A shadow fell across the entrance to the shop and Vayl stepped in. He had been following the pair for a distance. After having discovered Redd had left home, he had followed the trail of chaos and angry people she had left behind her until he found her being restrained by a human. Thinking he was a slaver, he decided to trail the pair of them until he found a sufficiently quiet part of the city to capture Redd back. Vayl's frown had deepened when he saw her being taken into a shop, they could evade him in there. As he approached, hood drawn deep over his head, his heart simultaneously sunk and tore in two.

Redd was laughing. So.. she was.. Vayl didn't even know what words he was meant to use. There was a conflict of emotions on Vayl's face, rage against sorrow. Eventually neither seemed to win and the chaos of Vayl's mind was masked by a totally impassive, blank face.

Gliding into the shop, Vayl moved around the clothes racks, looking for a way to get behind the human. Eventually he found a route that took him behind the... no not captor, the friend of Redd. Growling softly Vayl reached out for the stranger's head, and drew his fingerblade in the other, readying to pull the stranger's head back and cut his throat if necessary.
x
But one day
you will stand before death's decrepit gate,
without really knowing why

OOCI left it open to you Elias whether you think you would notice Vayl behind you ready to grab your head. I'm not gonna kill him naturally, so just think whether IC your character would notice or not ^^ I'll leave it up to you.
"Summer grasses,
All that remains
Of soldiers' dreams"
Vayl
Forever Dolce's

Words: 58133
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 12:03 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

It All Ends The Same

Postby Elias Caldera on May 20th, 2014, 1:26 am

Elias smiled as she laughed, surprised yet sincerely glad to do so without some dark pretext marring what was usually meant to be a joyous expression. It often felt too rare a treat when he had genuinely been able to smile, and he reckoned he was only doing so now because of her, whoever she was. She was charming, the young mage could not deny that, and there was a prettiness to her so perplexingly unique that not even the eloquent Elias could properly put it into words. The kind of beauty that most men would fall head over heels just to earn themselves a passing glance of. He had managed to abstain from falling to such distractions during their short walk, but in the end it had been her flushed cheeks and innocent smile that had finally done him in. Eventually, he could resist no more, and he joined her in the mirth, laughing at himself right alongside her.

She giggled through bated breath, calling him ridiculous and daring to judge his masterful fashion sense. "As if you could do any better." He challenged with a wry and pompous smile. A moment later he was holding her cloak and she had ducked into the sea of fine clothing choices to don her rebuttal. He heard the door to the store open a tick later but ignored it, far too enraptured by the sight of the motley haired woman as she popped out into plain view once again, a metal coif upon her noggin, an eyepatch across her hazel eye, and a chemise, just because why not. "Do I look pretty?" she smirked deviously and Elias guffawed once again, unable to halt the howl of laughter at all this time. "No." He chuckled through teared amusement. "No, not at all. You look like a deeply confused pirate." He put away his own ridiculous collection of items with exaggerated fashion, then turned back to the girl. "But i'm sure the fine ladies of the noble district will soon be mad with jealousy when they see you strutting around town in this spring's latest tren-... What? What is it?"

Elias had watched her expression go from merriment one moment, to stunned the immediate next, and his soon followed. Was she sniffing the air? he asked himself quizzically, brow furrowing tightly in concern. She looked as if she had just recognized something, but it had also been the last thing she had expected. When confusion gave way to alarm however, Elias knew something was wrong. He slowly spun around to see what she was looking at, letting out a startled cry as he reeled back in total surprise. A hand, deathly pale save for its midnight black claws, had nearly taken hold of him. The young mage staggered back, nearly loosing his footing as he crashed into shelves and racks and all manner of goods. He fell to the ground, staring up at the ghostly creature looming above him, skin as white as snow, eyes like amethysts and a body too long and gangly to belong to any human. The glint of steel on the spider's finger caught the Ravokian's sight, and for some reason, that of all things seemed to jog his memory.

"You?"
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

It All Ends The Same

Postby Redd on May 20th, 2014, 2:28 am

Imagex
Redd couldn't help her own howl of laughter, doubling over as her human companion howled with laughter. She hadn't felt this kind of amusement in her entire life and to be able to feel it in the company of a human was a sort of freedom that she hadn't been able to have before. As she gained her breath, through winces because of her fractured rib, she copied Caldera's actions, putting away the the items that they had pulled out to make fun and have a laugh at.

This man was certainly different, or perhaps Ravok wasn't as bad as to be believed. Maybe some humans were not bad at all. Whatever it was, she didn't want the day to end.

Lifting her nose just slightly she drew in a deep breath, feeling her lungs expand and catching the scent of Vayl, it seemed to be the strongest behind...

Her hazel gaze flickered to view behind the human confused for a moment because she could have sworn that no one had been behind him a tick ago. However, the sight that she saw of Vayl reaching to grab the human's head and the dark flash of his fingerblade sent alarm bells ringing inside her head.

It must have captured Caldera's attention because he was soon turning around to face Vayl before she watched him let out a startled cry which sent him reeling backwards to crash into shelves and racks, the sound making Redd jump into action.

Darting forwards, she placed herself between Vayl and Caldera wincing with the effort and her left arm once more, wrapped around her form and her open palm pressed to her right side, gasping for air. Her fractured ribs aggregated her something shocking and she couldn't keep the pain from displaying across her features.

Once she found she had caught her breath, her hazel hues glared up at Vayl, "Vayl! What the petch are you trying to do! If you're angry, take it out on me, not someone who just helped me from making a stupid move!"
x
"I can't give you the sunset,
But I can give you the night."
x
Last edited by Redd on May 27th, 2014, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

It All Ends The Same

Postby Vayl on May 20th, 2014, 8:46 am

Imagex
Vayl stood stock still, his body seemingly shivering as a colossal war of rage against tears fought inside him. Eventually his arm slumped and his whole posture changed to that of a morbidly depressed prisoner. In many ways that's exactly what he was in this situation.

Looking down sadly through his hair at the pair of them, there seemed to be an uncrossable barrier between him and them. Redd was protecting this stranger.. Vayl's hand twitched slightly and almost tried to reach to Redd, as if asking for her to come back.

Well, he guessed he should have expected this to happen to him eventually. Any person who he either liked or liked him in return always ended up leaving him, whether it be just leaving him because they disliked him that strongly, or... like this case where a better person has been found.

"Well... stranger" Vayl's lavender eyes shined with moisture as he fought to keep back tears. He leant down and offered his hand.

"Redd should know better that I'd never hurt her. If you two are happier together, then who am I to stop you?" he muttered, to himself mostly.

"Redd. Don't feel guilty, I've had this, and far worse, happen to me many a time before. I shouldn't have got my hopes up really." he laughed slightly at the irony of his situation, before turning on his heel and walking smoothly out of the store, pulling his hood deep, deep over his head, hiding his face from everyone.

Approaching the nearest canal, he looked down and stared at his reflection. A hideous monster stared back at him. Slowly droplets of tears fell into the water, ripples becoming lost instantly in the vastness of the sea. The wind softly blew his hair.
x
But one day
you will stand before death's decrepit gate,
without really knowing why
"Summer grasses,
All that remains
Of soldiers' dreams"
Vayl
Forever Dolce's

Words: 58133
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 12:03 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

It All Ends The Same

Postby Redd on May 20th, 2014, 11:29 am

Imagex
Redd pressed a hand to her chest as her hazel hues watched Vayl with a sad look, what the hell had just happened inside his mind? Why did she feel as if she had just betrayed the one person she had never meant to betray?

She couldn't bear to watch Vayl go as she tried to work out what she had done to make him think that she wanted to leave him. A tear escaped their shiney prison and worked their way down her cheek as she lowered her head, her brindled red hair covering her facial features.

This feeling of hurt, spread far and wide through out her form and she didn't understand it, she didn't understand it at all and her hands quivered as she pressed them together. Perhaps it had been a mistake for her to have entered into the city, perhaps she was the feral wolf that many a man saw.

Shaking her head, her gaze flickered back to the human male and she tried to fake a smile, before a sigh parted her soft lips. "I'm sorry... I... I should be going now," she whispered as she turned and made her quick way out of the door, forgetting that she actually had left her cloak behind with the human.

The moment, she stepped out the door, she had felt the change in the weather, it was different before they had gone into the shop and slowly, rain drops began to fall from the sky and then it began to fall heavily. Lifting her head to the sky, she cursed her luck, as any wolf knew, water would sweep away any lingering scent, especially if there were many other scents to confuse it with.

So instead of retreating back inside, she stepped into the rain, feeling the water splash over her form and soak into her clothes. Why humans wore clothes, she would never understand, they never really did much in the way of protection.

Turning down one street, she began to trudge, her footsteps heavy as the rain soaked through her brindle red hair. To her it was just rain, something natural, but people seemed to be more occupied at trying to stay dry, ducking for cover where ever it may be found.

After a few more attempts as she tried to navigate her way and trying to spot Vayl at the same time, the young wolf soon became lost and her complaining ankle made her press her back to a wall of a building and slide down it until she finally sat upon the rocky street underneath.

This human concept was really beginning to get to her, some times she did things right and other times she just couldn't seem to get them right no matter what she did. Leaning her head back she closed her eyes, replaying the scene in the shop over in her head. What had she done wrong?

Slowly, as the chimes passed by, she dropped her head into her hands a growl upon her lips, she should have known that it would have been only a matter of time before she screwed things up.

Her fingers gripped her soaked hair and she shook her head, who was she kidding, she was no good at this human stuff, so why did she try to be something she wasn't? She is just an animal, a dog and she should go back to where she came from and be a feral beast every man believed she was.

Pushing herself up from the rocky street, she stood and limped to the closet human asking for the directions to what Vayl had called, a ferry.
x
x
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

It All Ends The Same

Postby Elias Caldera on May 20th, 2014, 10:52 pm

There were often too few words a man could call upon to sufficiently detail the amount of confusion and bewilderment one might have felt in the situation Elias now found himself caught up in. As for himself, the Caldera had long ago discovered there were three words in particular that proved quite satisfactory in summing up how he felt when he was just too discombobulated to know how he felt.

"What. The petch..."

He knew this sym, Elias had realized, it was the same one that had pulled him from the mob weeks ago during the riot, and it had been the same one to involve itself in the affairs of the poison maker, Inoadar. That incident had been as abrupt as it had been bizarre, something this spider appeared to excel at. Elias looked at the thing's offered hand incredulously, obviously not going to take it, especially not when the bloody blade that had been meant for his neck was still threateningly held in the other. A small, but very, very pessimistic sigh of relief rolled across him as the creature visibly slumped, the tension and anger fading from its pale body. It was replaced with sorrow instead, something the still very perplexed mage could not explain. The symenestra looked at them both, but lastly at Red -as was apparently the girl's name- with a clear pain and anguish in his inhuman eyes. The thing, Vayl -as apparently was his name- slithered from the store, its remorseful spiel clearly cutting deep into Redd as she stood protectively over him. She looked at Elias apathetically after a moment, apologized, then followed her lover out the front door. At least, that's what Elias had concluded those two were. He had simply stumbled upon some lover's quarrel, and, as his luck would have it, had the misfortune of being the third wheel.

Alone in his pile of mismatched good, Elias picked himself up off the floor, needless to say quite befuddled and upset. Unfortunately, that had been the last of his troubles. As he dusted his pants off and straitened his shirt, he caught sight of a massive pair of boots standing in front of him. He groaned and slowly peered up, his eyes catching sight of the gigantic bruiser that they belonged to glaring back at him, club in hand. The man did not look happy, and for some inexplicable reason, Elias just knew that meant he wasn't going to be happy either.

Their following 'conversation' went as such: "Now hold on. I said hold on, buster. This wasn't my fault." Silence. Menacing. "In fact, you let the one who did it walk out of here not two ticks ago, so if I were you-" Glaring, proceeded by unscrupulous hoisting and flailing. "Unhand me! How dare you! Unhand me I say." A great indignation and helplessness, interrupted only when the brute must have noticed a scarf stuck to the bottom of Elias's unceremoniously kicking feet, because he plucked the thing off and expectantly shoved it in the mage's reddening face. "What! No, I will not! Its barely even torn!" Another demanding shove of the fabric, inevitably followed by the reluctant retrieval of his purse and a truly awkward moment were Elias simply hung there in the air, angrily counting out his coin.

As one might suspect, the native Ravokian eventually found himself tossed out unto the slick city street, his bag soon sailing through the air after him, followed by a scarf, a cloak that was not his, and the meanest damn scowl Elias had ever been given. He returned it, with a few choice gestures and curses of his own as well, but only after the man had retreated back inside and closed the shop's door behind him. Angry, resentful, practically robbed, and now wet. Thank you Rhysol, thank you so very much. He groaned, bitterly, kicking at a puddle on the street and sending a spray of muddy rainwater into canal. "Bullshyke." He muttered to himself, the light rain already soaking his shoulders and long black hair. It was certainly ironic, he thought, considering he had planned to buy a cloak just a few chimes ago. He sighed and looked down at the girl's instead. It was a dozen or so sizes too small for him, but as the droplets grew heavier, he found himself more and more tempted.

He wrapped the thing around himself as best he could, throwing the hood up over his head and was immediately assaulted by the powerful odor of wet dog. He grimaced, remember the tale the girl had told him of the wolves attacking her. He had assumed it had been a while ago for some reason, but the current smell he had blanketed himself in hinted differently. He wrinkled his noise, but that was all he could do. It was either that or hypothermia and a long walk home. Instead he set off at a weak pace, hopelessly trying to stave off the weather from ruining what purchases he had been able to make that day.

~~~~~~~~~~

As Redd wandered the city in vain, her mind in turmoil over the events she had just endured, she would begin to take notice of the familiar scents wafting her way, even through the rain. Though difficult to identify as they were so weak, they gradually became stronger and stronger the nearer she approached the first human she saw, a man cloaked in dark black and huddling over himself in the rain. As she neared and inquired about a ferry, the man turned around, his gold toothed grin and gaunt, bearded face instantly recognizable. When his two companions slipped out of seemingly nowhere to join him and surround the young kelvic, he spoke, his tone malicious and mocking.

"Aw, leaving so soon?" the slaver said, a wicked smile creeping its way unto his lips.
Last edited by Elias Caldera on May 26th, 2014, 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

It All Ends The Same

Postby Redd on May 21st, 2014, 4:20 am

Imagex
Redd had noticed the familiar scent, it was faint of course due to the rain that poured down around her but she filed it off as not very important as she tried to work through the different complicated feelings that she was having. The rain however sent shivers throughout her wet form, at least it was a feeling she was used to. A feeling that she knew of and could trust wouldn't change on her within a few seconds. The feeling of being cold, so familiar it pushed her back into a memory of swirling snow and other wolves, which sent a pang of loneliness through her once more. Another feeling of which was familiar to her.

Upon spying a human huddled under shelter away from the rain, a soft sigh settled upon her lips, perhaps they would know the way to the ferry, because she had a small feeling that she was walking around in circles.

Making her way towards the person, she spoke a little louder than normal so she could be heard over the sound of the rain. "I'm looking for the ferry and I was wondering of you could just point me in the right direction," She said shifting her weight onto her left foot to give her right ankle some reprieve from pain.

However, when the person turned around, she instantly recognized his face and the chill that she had currently felt went straight through her like a blizzard. "Aw, leaving so soon?" She heard him say as the other two gathered behind her.

"Apparently not,' she whispered softly as her hazel hues quickly flickered around her form. There wasn't exactly a lot of options open to her right now, especially seeing as she wasn't even in the best condition to begin with.

She could shift, attack one of them and run off in hopes that they would be distracted by their wounded man. As she sighed, she glanced down to view the cobbled street, but she knew it was too risky to shift inside the city, that it was dangerous and she wasn't about to give them anymore reasons to suspect she was kelvic.

So, there was only two options left, she could run, but one of his brutes here would most likely grab her before she could even get a foot out, which meant, she was left with only one option and her gaze flickered back to the male before her.

Fisting her right hand, she sent it forth in a punch towards the smirking male, but he of course was much better at this human thing and caught her first in his own hand, grasping it tightly as he delivered his own solid punch to her stomach.

As it connected, the air was forced out of her lungs, her fractured ribs sent out large amounts of pain as she suddenly saw stars while the pain bloomed throughout her being. Slowly, she crumpled forwards into the male before her, her consciousness swimming before her eyes and then everything suddenly, went black.
x
x
Last edited by Redd on May 27th, 2014, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

It All Ends The Same

Postby Elias Caldera on May 26th, 2014, 6:31 am

For what was too damn long a time, Elias hurried through winding streets and down slick canals, anxious to escape the accursed weather that had been sprung upon him. It didn't help his mood any that he was still more than a little ticked about what had lead up to this ridiculous dash through the rain in the first place. Sometimes it seemed his extended stay in this city -something that should have taken only a week at most, he kept bitterly reminding himself- was filled with nothing but hardships and disappointments. It was almost divine how bad his luck could get sometimes. I've stayed here too long. He thought with a scowl. Far too long... Despite himself, he smirked, ducking under a porch for a brief respite. It was funny, him going on like he had anywhere else to go anymore. Ravok was very much all he had. The city was his home, no matter how much it persisted in tormenting him.

With a shivering sigh, he bolted back out into the shower, his 'borrowed' cloak already soaked, but still too invaluable to toss away. It would have served her right for nearly getting him killed like that. She had a her charm sure, but it wasn't worth a second smile across his throat from a jealous lover. He grimaced at the thought, a particularly large brown puddle exploding under his unsuspecting footfall. A moment of carelessness, he decided it had been, a moment of letting his guard down and getting distracted by a sweet smile and swaying hips. He wasn't exactly saying he was immune to such things, he wasn't a nuit or something, but he had at least expected himself to handle his shyke better. It was just embarrassing. Elias hefted his bag tighter and more securely under his clothing, praying he hadn't lost any parchment to the rain or an ink vial to all the jostling. Considering he was just accounting for all his misfortune however, he wasn't exactly brimming with optimism.

By that time, the rain had made it abundantly clear it wasn't going away for a while, forcing many back into their homes or off the streets at the least. This served to leave Elias's route back home almost barren of any other soul, an eerie sight, especially under the fading light of brooding grey clouds. It was this very fact however, that caught the young mage's attention so profoundly when he heard shouts and arguing coming from across the way. He ignored them at first, naturally, but as it incessantly grew louder and louder with each step, neglecting to pay it any attention soon became a task too difficult to accomplish. Agitated, he swiveled his head left and right, trying to find the source, and when the native born spied a boat meandering down a nearby canal, he spotted something that shocked him speechless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't see any brands or marks on her." The big one said, shifting about the arms and head of the unconscious kelvic like she was a ragdoll while he inspected her pale flesh.

"See." Chirped another standing over her, his wiry hands darting up wide to exaggerate his point. "What did I tell you. You didn't see the way she was baring her teeth at us back there. Two kelvics for the price none, a good deal I'd wager. Honestly, I don't know why you two don't trust me more often, I've a nose for these kinds of things." He sniffed and tapped his beak like snout haughtily. The other man only guffawed.

"Trust me, he says. I trust you like I trust the whores at the immortal pleasure when they tell me them bumps they got are just bee stings. You can take your nose and go jump off the pier, you got lucky is all." A shoving match quickly ensued as the two went at each other, tempers flaring. The sound of knuckle cracking against forehead abruptly put an end to the impromptu scuffle, the two men rubbing their noggins and barking out a curse or two in more than one foreign language.

"It's got no marks on it at all." Said the third and final slaver, the gaudy glint of his gold tooth recognizable even in the rain. "Not even from a collar. It ain't no fancy slave either to be walking around free like it did, not without a brand and not this bad off." He knelt down, his breath stinking of tobacco and expensive liquor, though such details were lost on the poor kelvic at his feet. She was still deep in a world of darkness, too far away to concern herself with the matters of consciousness. Like before, he roughly examined her, showing no concern for her treatment as he observed the bruises and injuries she had suffered. He growled angrily. "Damaged goods, we'll get next to shyke if we bring it in all busted up before they even get a crack at it." He spat, a filthy black wad of chew disappearing in the downpour. For a long moment he simply knelt there and pondered, a scarred hand tapping lightly against the pommel of his dagger as he decided.

"Get the boat." He finally said. "We'll take it anyway."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To say Elias was a little stunned was an understatement. He had just been laughing with the girl not five chimes ago, and now here she was being floated down the canal, unconscious and in the mitts of a group of some particularly nasty slavers. He ducked back behind a shop as the ravosala sauntered by, the crackling taps of the torrent beating against the black wood and dark cloaks of the men on board. As they passed, Elias picked up on some argument about... one of them always having to row, while the others just sat there. It was followed by a particularly witty jape that involved the rower's noise and a turtle. The humor was misplaced on Elias as he stepped out from behind the old tavern he had hidden behind. His feet took him only a few steps forward before he found himself pausing. Those were slavers, he contemplated warily, and decent ones too by the way they took down that badger or otter, or whatever the hell that kelvic had turned into. So why then are they taking her?...

There were a number of deeply unfortunate answers that could have been given to that question, most of which Elias wouldn't have wished on even his worst enemies. That said, there was only one in particular that drew the mage's attention. Because they can... Elias hadn't noted any of the tell tale marks of burns that revealed that she was a slave, or a runaway kelvic like the other girl. His mind began to race, and before he knew it, he was following the overloaded ravosala down the watery city street. Almost immediately he remembered what she had said when they first met. She wasn't from Ravok. Of course, she's some fool outsider who thought she could just wander into Rhysol's favored capital without any citizenry papers.

"I think I've just found my break in the storm..." If she was just some nobody kelvic that any two bit poacher could snatch up, then Elias could very well do the same now couldn't he. A pretty copper could come from the girl if he found the right buyer in the right plaza. With a cautiously optimistic smirk, Elias took off at a steady job behind the boat, careful not to let himself be spotted by the rambunctious trio of armed men as they rowed away. I saw her first gentleman. She's mine.
Last edited by Elias Caldera on June 17th, 2014, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

It All Ends The Same

Postby Redd on May 26th, 2014, 9:15 am

Imagex
The first thing Redd had noticed when she began to come round, her hazel hues opening and closing slowly, was the fact that the sky was moving. Well, the clouds were moving faster than it normally would when it rained, especially seeing as the building tops were also moving as well.

Her gaze closed for a moment as a groan worked its way to her lips when she felt the throbbing pain of her ribs, why on earth did he punch her... Wait a second, the last thing she could remember was the slavers surrounding her, the same ones that took the other kelvic...

As this realisation dawned upon her and suddenly the odd smells that she couldn't identify of tobacco and liquor reached her nose, a snarl worked its way to her lips, pushing her pained form upwards to sit upright. That's it, she told herself as her hazel gaze glared at the thinnest one of the lot.

She would have done something else like throw herself at the nearest man to topple them over, however, her fractured ribs had another idea and a cry of pain replaced the snarl. Her left hand wrapping around her form to press to her pain ribs, her form doubling over as she did so.

What the petch had she gotten herself into? As she tried to regulate the pain through her pained breathing, she managed a growl in between, her hazel gaze glaring up at one of the slavers. One thing she did notice, was the fact that they seemed to be in one of those things that floated on water, so whatever she did, she had to be sure to remain inside of it, otherwise she'd probably drown.

A thought did cross her mind at this point and a slow smirk began to cross her lips, perhaps she could shift and maybe the sight of her wolf form might be enough to make them jumped out of this floating thing and into the water.
x
x
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

It All Ends The Same

Postby Elias Caldera on May 26th, 2014, 10:29 pm

The girl seemed to stir within, causing one of the slavers to let out a cry of small part alarm, large part irritation. As it turned out, someone had forgotten to tie her up, something that quickly angered everyone on the boat within seconds and sparked a rather heated argument between the men. The big one, whose fault it had eventually fallen on, seemed to take out his annoyance on Redd, raising his hand to strike her as she struggled to rise. From his vantage point along the road, Elias watched in growing concern. It was only somewhat abated when one of the slavers, the gold toothed one that had knocked Elias over a while back, caught the other's hand, grimly shaking his head. The young mage was no seasoned slaver, but even he knew you didn't smack around the goods you were trying to sell without good cause. That didn't mean that the strange woman wasn't giving them that cause in full however. She struggled and protested fiercely against their clamoring hands, brindled hair thrashing wildly as the men moved to restrain and bind her.

The ravosala rocked dangerously as they quarreled loudly and lewdly. Elias had seen the effects of the girl's injuries as he had put his hands around her, then again as she limped alongside him. He was genuinely surprised the outsider was managing to put up the kind of fight that she was. Annoyingly enough, Caldera would not be able to watch the rest of the altercation play out. Trying to follow one of the canals through Ravok introduced a problem he was not too unfamiliar with. Roads and canals didn't always lead to the same place. His path had ended, rather abruptly, at the front steps of what he imagined to be a very rich man's mansion. The slavers on the other hand, weren't going to wait for him. He ground his teeth and bolted, hurriedly trying to circumnavigate the labyrinth of obstructions that stood in his path. He wasn't going to lose this opportunity, not after all the convincing he had done to bring him to his point.

He very nearly slipped and fell at least twice as he barreled through the empty streets. Hopping over pools and fallen things that had either been abandoned in the sudden downpour or washed into his path. Thankfully few people were about to witness his antics, a small blessing considering at one point, one of his leaps had dislodged the wooden basin from his bag, sending the thing flying right into his face. He had promptly run into a wall after that, blinded by his concave and unwanted head wear. Swearing, Elias briefly thought about tossing the whole bag into the water, only noticing then that he was actually looking at water once again. With a smile, he realized he had found the canal. He immediately set to work surveying the cobblestone shorelines and waterways, his dark eyes searching for the prize he had been tracking. Inevitably he spotted it, the boat and its passengers, though no longer swimming down the river, it had instead docked alongside a shady looking establishment. Shyke Elias thought, knowing full well his hopes of ever 'saving' Redd had suddenly become a thousand times more complicated if she was now chained up in there.

Fortunately, that was not the case. In fact, it seemed quite the opposite. They weren't stopping to stay, they were leaving. Two men had remained on the boat with Redd who was apparently restrained for the most part. Elias couldn't see from here what they had used to hold her down, but through the thunderous thuds of the raindrops on his coat he thought he heard the shifting clinks of chains banging together. A moment later the missing slaver reappeared, stumbling from the building as if he had been thrown out, and shouting something indignant back over his shoulder to those still inside. Held roughly in his grasp was another girl Elias recognized as soon as he saw her. It took some squinting and a great deal of angrily moping aside his sodden strands of hair, but he knew he had seen that kelvic before. It was the fox they had taken down previously. Which made sense he supposed, it wasn't as if they had time to capture her, sort her out, and sell her off in the brief time since Elias had last seen them. The girl was bound in chains of her own, and even from this distance, Elias could tell she had lost all the rage and passion that had defined her attempted escape. She seemed beaten now, and her slumped posture and downward cast eyes only reinforced that feeling.

The man angrily stomped his way on to the ravosala, dragging the kelvic with him on board. While the vessel was indeed bigger than average, it was painfully obvious how overburdened it was at this point. Every misplaced step threatened to send the thing tumbling over on its side and all its occupants with it. The fox was forced unto a seat next to Redd while the slavers repositioned themselves carefully around the two, renewing their course for the dark plaza with hurried rowing. As they had done so, Elias had taken the time to run ahead as far and as fast as he could. A plan had come to him with shocking intensity, and as it bristled and bloomed within his racing mind, he intended to full well execute it the first chance he got. That meant he needed a little bit of time, a vantage point, and some magic for good measure.

He tapped into his core, drawing forth the power that broiled and resided within. Slowly but surely, the res began to bubble out upon his command.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext