Training and a show (Finished/XP Awarded)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Training and a show (Open)

Postby Aria on September 24th, 2010, 8:25 pm

"Either way, nicely done" Aria smirked, Showing a set of sharp canines. She noticed the slightly inquisitive looks from the trio. "I'm Kelvic in case you were wondering." As if the bright green, slit pupil-ed eyes weren't enough of a hint, she thought to herself. She looked around. The crowd was slowly dispersing to go about their various jobs and activities, with more than alittle chatter about what they had just seen. She then briefly examined her fingernails, which were filed to points, before speaking again. "My name is Aria, I've lived here for the entirety of my rather short life, so I've seen most of the people that live here, even if they haven't seen me, yet I don't think I know the young falconer here." Aria flipped her hair back, waiting for an answer.
Aria
The Stalker

Words: 15610
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 3:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Alron on September 25th, 2010, 3:40 am

"Ah, Kelvic, I'm sorry, it's just, I've been here my entire life as well, but I've focused almost all of my time into working with the birds so I'm not used to other races." Alron admitted. "I do remember hearing something about Kelvics though, you're some sort of shapeshifter right? Judging by the eyes and the longer teeth I'd say you can turn into some sort of cat." He reasoned. Rel, despite being tired, seemed to pick up on the word cat and took the chance to make his leave, retreating back into the Inner Warrens, most likely back towards the house. "No, she's not going to eat... Why do I bother?" Alron called after the fleeing ball of glitter before realizing how odd it must seem for him to be talking to a bird.

"And as for having not met me before, that's probably because I've spent the last four years cooped up in the aviary as an apprentice. And before that I was stuck in the nursery." He explained, turning back towards the three. "I'm Alron by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you." He said with a slight bow, unsure as to why he was being so... formal. "And Rel is the crow who just dissapeared. I'm not sure what he has against cats, but then again, he seems to hate everyone but me. Grumpy little thing".
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

-Robert Frost
"I've noticed something... You know how they say you need to love yourself before someone else will, well that is a load of rubbish. You need someone who loves you to show you all the best parts of yourself, all the littles things about you that you should love. But, what do I know? I'm just some teenage punk who thinks he knows everything about everything."
-Me
Alron
The happy-go-lucky hunter

Words: 16268
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2010, 2:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Aria on September 25th, 2010, 6:23 am

"It's nice to meet you Alron, and yes, I do shift into a cat."She smirked and flipped her hair again. "As for your bird, they have a tendency to dislike cats, because cats have a tendency to make them a meal. In fact, were he wild, I might have considered it." She said coldly."Anyway, I assume by your time spent in the aviary, you are trying to bond?"

OOC :
Meh. Writer's block, sorry about that. Who gets writer's block RP'ing?
Aria
The Stalker

Character sheet

Postby Alron on September 26th, 2010, 5:52 am

"I suppose It's a good thing I don't share said hatred of all things feline." Alron said with a nervous laugh, the thought of his best friend winding up as dinner sending a chill up his spine. "Then again, I've had to chase my fair share of hungry cats out of the aviary when they come looking for a free meal." He said, trying to imitate her coldness, although he wasn't very successful.

The slight chill turned into a full blown blizzard at the mention of bonding, unpleasant memories came flooding back from the farthest reaches of his mind. It took him a few moments to regain his composure. "Yeah, I got into falconry in order to give myself an edge over the competition for the bonding. But I mean, the eagles are over rated, you can't leave home for very long, and I've been dieing to get out of Wind Reach for a while so that wouldn't have worked out. Anyway I'm happy with what I do now, what about you? I mean, what do you do for a living?" He asked, trying to change the subject as well as convince himself that it wasn't that big of a deal. The story of his bonding experiences was not one he was eager to tell.

-Robert Frost
"I've noticed something... You know how they say you need to love yourself before someone else will, well that is a load of rubbish. You need someone who loves you to show you all the best parts of yourself, all the littles things about you that you should love. But, what do I know? I'm just some teenage punk who thinks he knows everything about everything."
-Me
Alron

Character sheet

Postby Shayth on September 26th, 2010, 8:59 am

Shayth listened to the interaction between the kelvic and the falconer for a while, raising an eyebrow at the one-on-one conversation they had even with two other people in their party. Looking at Kellan for a moment as the inarta discussed his crow's fear of cats, the redhead turned sharply and glared at the man.

"Overrated? And what exactly, would you mean by that?" She asked in a clipped tone, blue eyes flashing angrily. Behind her, Turiska snapped her beak and keened, deeply insulted. Again, since meeting him once before, Shayth wondered if Alron had a death wish. Turning her gaze on Kellan, the endal narrowed her eyes.

"This is the company you keep? No wonder Alwin will not bond with you. Eagles deserve respect, not some snippy off-hand remark. I am appalled!" The young woman was quickly working herself into a temper, the violent and highly offended thoughts of her own wind-eagle fuelling her words.

Shayth
Player

Words: 82559
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2010, 4:49 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aria on September 26th, 2010, 5:29 pm

The endal that had brought her eagle snapped at Alrons mention that eagles were over-rated, and Aria could smell the anger in the air. Between the endal and her eagle, it was almost overwhelming. She also caught the scent of something that was almost fear coming from Alron. She left a hand playing with the end of the thin leather strip that held the left side of her pants together,she wanted to be able to morph if things got sticky. In situations like that, she really didn't care who saw her.

"Well", said Aria, pretending like nothing had just transpired,"I hunt for income. I'm a large enough animal that I really have nothing to fear from the mountains. Everything is my quarry."
Aria
The Stalker

Character sheet

Postby Alron on September 26th, 2010, 5:32 pm

Alron was trapped in his own bluff. In all honesty he was still obsessed with the magnificent birds, but that memory of that day had scarred him. "I didn't mean... It's not like that... What I meant was..." He tried to speak, fumbling over the maelstrom of thoughts, memories, and emotions that was raging in his head, before his anger, swelling at the rise of the Endal's, finally overwhelmed him.

"You know what? I was lying, I still love the wind eagles and I would love to bond with one, but you know what? That's never going to happen! You don't know what it's like to dedicate your entire life to one thing, then having all your hopes and dreams crushed in one fel swoop! You don't know the pain I went through, not physically, but emotionaly! You have life I've always wanted, and I hate that! Not you, but the fact that you probably didn't dedicate nearly ten years into studying birds, big ones like your partner back there in particular! And all in the hopes that it would give me an edge in the competition when the bonding came! And you know how much it helped? Not, at, all!" He flew off the handle, adding emphasis to his words with a poisoness undertone.

"You know what I got for all my time? My dedication? My efforts? What was to be a one way trip over the edge of the aerie's cliff! And all because I cracked under pressure! Going down there, I was convinced that this was going to be a cake walk, that I'd be a prime example of bonding material with my ability to care for them in ways most people never thought of! And I damned myself with my own nervousness! I was paralyzed with panic. there were nearly a hundred other guys from all walks of life trying to do the same thing I was, but I went through the motions anyway, hell I even made it to the final two! but I guess the fledgling caught wind of my panic and disapproved of it enough to see me fit only for death." He admitted, shifting from rage to sorrow. "I only survived because I managed to grab onto a small out cropping just below the clliff and I was able to pull myself back up. To this day, I still wonder whether I should have just accepted my fate and let myself fall..." he trailed off, on the verge of a total break down. "Now, if you'll excu-excuse me, I think I'll go and try to unwind a-at the bathhouse." He stammered, hurrying off. He had swore he'd never told anyone, but there he went, spilling his darkest secret on three people he hardly knew!

As he reached the entrance to the dreaming lady, he paused for a moment, trying to compose himself. He walked in, nodded to the receptionist, went to one of the changing booths, before reemerging in a towel, then sinking into the communal bath. He sunk his head into his hands and tried to calm the vortex still swirling within. After a few chimes he had calmed down some, and the water did feel rather nice, although now that the numbness was wearing off, a dull pain was setting in. It wasn't fair that he had unloaded that upon the three of them, and he vowed to apologize if he saw them again.

-Robert Frost
-Me
Alron

Character sheet

Training and a show (Finished/XP Pending)

Postby Dreamcatcher on October 10th, 2010, 4:04 am

Character: Alron

Experience: +3 Socializing, +1 Birdkeeping, + 1 Leatherworking, +1 Falconry
Lore: Showmanship, Being Vocal about your Opinions

Character: Shayth

Experience: +2 Socializing
Lore: Defending the City’s Greatest Asset

Character: Kellan Lucia

Experience: +2 Socializing, +1 Archey
Lore: Showmanship

Character: Aria

Experience: +3 Socializing
Lore: Showing No Fear

Additional Note: If you feel that I missed something please PM me with the details on what I missed and I will review it.
Dreamcatcher
Retired Staff

Words: 120506
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous