Archery at the Lakes (Amon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Kellan Lucia on September 21st, 2010, 2:35 am

Timestamp: 15th of Summer 510 AV

The time had come for Kellan to finally train with Amon. He had admired the Endal since he had first met the man. As a man trying to bond with an eagle he pined for the acceptance of the other Endal. He wanted them to like him and accept him. He was already self conscious about his short height and it worried him that the others looked down on him because he was 5'6. Quite literally it seemed. He did not sense that Amon judged him though. The man seemed level headed and for that reason alone, Kellan looked up to him. He hoped that some how sticking around the tall Inarta would give him some insight on how to get Alwin to see him as a suitable bondmate. Kellan knew that Sakima was a fine bird and Amon had to have been an amazing rider to keep that bird's loyalty.

The weather was calm, perfect for archery practice. Kellan did not mind that Amon had not shown up yet. He was a bit nervous about practicing with him. Although Kellan held himself at high regard most times he was nervous about working with the man he tried so hard to live up to. He pulled back an arrow in his bow and sent it flying through the air into a target attached a tree. It's arc flew through the air and landed right of the bullseye. He bit his lip and brushed his red hair out of his eyes. He had completely forgotten to aim for the account of the wind.
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling, from Valterian's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Words: 113386
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Amon on September 29th, 2010, 3:07 am

Amon couldn’t very well remember the sheer number of students he’d taken under his wing during the course of his Endal career. They had called him a prodigy in the Youth Quarters, something to aspire to become, but rarely had the rider really taken it much thought. He enjoyed archery because it felt like an extension of himself; his soul soaring through the air and colliding with that of another. Perhaps it was a cliché sentiment, but he believed thus nevertheless.

Kellan had asked him for lessons, and for this, Amon obliged. How could he say no to a young man that seemed so willingly eager to learn? He smiled as he strode down the path toward the Twin Lakes, his quiver strapped to his back and his bow held firmly in one grip. He wore simply garments today; a white bryda and a loose tunic with dark leather gloves and leather boots. Casual clothes for a casual day, and no less.

At the sight of Kellan, Amon raised his hand in greeting. “You’re here early, or maybe I’m just late.” He set the quiver down against a boulder and examined the younger boy’s shot. “At least you hit the target.” A grin graced his lips as he tapped Kellan’s bow with the palm of his hand. “This looks like a rather old bow, was it a gift? Tell me what you know about Archery, and we’ll go from there. Anything at all.”
Amon
Team One-Eye

Words: 68449
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2010, 10:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kellan Lucia on October 16th, 2010, 9:28 pm

A smile formed on Kellan's face when he saw Amon walk into the archery area of the lakes. "In the big scheme of things it does not really matter, you are here now and we can train." Kellan smiled at Amon. He was not sure if he could admit it to the Endal but he really idolized him. When the chance to be trained by him came up he could not say yes fast enough. It as a bit childish but how could he aim to be better if he did not have someone to try and towards being like?

Kellan thought back to when he received his bow, it had been his grandfather's. It was old and he was in dire need of a new one. He just never seemed to have time on market days to go get a new bow. Besides, this bow was the only connection he had left to his family. "It was my grandfather's. I know I should get a new one but I just cannot get myself to give it up." Kellan smiled as he looked down at his bow. "In terms of Archery I guess I just shot from instinct. I know it requires a steady hand, strong arms, wind direction and strength goes into play often with the direction of the arrow." Kellan began to list off the thing he knew but then noticed it was becoming less off a list of things he knew and more just meaningless speech. "Anyways, just teach me how ever you feel most comfortable and I will do my best to keep up." He knew the man was skilled in archery so there was no worry in his mind that he would learn a lot from Amon. He would not be an Endal if he was not handy with a bow and arrow.
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling, from Valterian's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Words: 113386
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Character sheet

Postby Flicker on December 22nd, 2010, 3:43 am

Character: Kellan

Skill Experience Award: Weapon[Bow]+1XP

Lores: In the presence of Idols

Character: Amon

Skills: Teaching +1

Comments: Amon did begin the lesson, so he's been graded accordingly despite his retired status. If I missed something, feel free to communicate with me via PM or office.
For the GingieBreadHeads ...or those amongst them

Flicker
WHOA! Whatwasthat?!

Words: 59097
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2010, 3:04 am
Race: Staff account
Office