In the Company of Avians (Brunhild)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Kellan Lucia on September 22nd, 2010, 1:37 am

Timestamp: 11th of Fall 510 AV

Every morning Kellan headed to the aeries to visit Alwin. Alwin was not Kellan's mount but he sure wished he was. Kellan had gotten a taste of flying and since then he would never leave the eagle's side until he was either accepted or denied as his rider. He loved the feeling of flying through the air and looking down on the world. It made him feel closer to his late brother. Somewhere around him Toran watch him, he knew it.

The aeries where a bit busy but Kellan liked it. He liked to see all of his fellow Endal talking to their eagles and taking care of them. He pined to be like them and have an eagle to call his partner. He saw the looks in their eyes when they were around their treasured companions. Each pair had distinct foibles with one another and Kellan often wondered what his eagle would be like. Trying to bond with Alwin was scary but exciting. The fact of the matter was Alwin would fly and have a companion no matter who he chose. Kellan and Beau were competing for the great bird's bond and one of them would go home empty handed. Kellan hoped to Zulrav that he would not be the one left unbounded.
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling, from Valterian's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Words: 113386
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on September 22nd, 2010, 12:40 pm

Timestamp: 11th of Fall 510 AV

"Checking up on the newcomers, I gather?" Axel mused telepathically, nudging her slate-blue head playfully at her rider. Brunhild smirked and shook her head. "Something like that, but not really..." Brunhild chuckled. The two made laps around the Aeries, mingling lightly with a few Endals, and greeting a few Wind Eagles, who of course, merely nodded to them.

"Most of them are after the Wind Eagles," Axel muttered with a soft chirp, "I suppose they're all soon-to-be riders-- hey look at that boy over there," the Wind Eagle waved beak to a cheerful red-head handling Alwin. "He's with Alwin, he's probably very skilled then..." Brunhild commented, inching closer to the supposed duo. "They don't look quite bonded yet, in my opinion..." Axel followed close. "Only one way to find out!" Brunhild replied with a small smile.

"Hello there, I see you're with Alwin, is he your Wind Eagle?" Brunhild smiled kindly at the boy, who looked to be an Endal as well. "My name is Brunhild, and this is my Wind Eagle, Axel--" the Inarta waved her hand over to the deep slate-blue and black Wind Eagle, who merely nodded at the boy. "And you are?" she added in a soft, yet confident and open tone.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Words: 22906
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 5:54 am
Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on September 22nd, 2010, 8:53 pm

More riders were starting to show up in the aeries. Although Kellan loved to be around people he half wished that he could have been there alone with Alwin. He really wanted to show the great bird that he was worth his time. As he talked with Alwin a girl appeared at his side. She introduced herself as Brunhild and her eagle as Axel. Kellan smiled at her "Brunhild, that is such a beautiful name. Of course it fits you." Kellan never gave up an opportunity to flirt with a girl. "Sorry, I am Kellan. Alwin is not my partner. I hope he will be someday though." Kellan held a lot of reverence for Alwin. He found the bird so interesting. He would forever be amazed with Alwin because upon his back he flew for the first time. Upon his back he felt he clouds in between his fingers and he could have sworn the very wind itself raced through his soul.

"Your eagle is beautiful." Kellan smiled and looked at Axel. The bird truly was a sight to see. While Alwin was brown and red Axel was a deep blue-black color. It amazed Kellan that even though Inarta often looked so much alike but Wind Eagles differed so much from one another. "So what brings you around the aeries? If I was bonded I would be up in those skies every day. Of course, I am sure it looses it's excitement when you get to do it every day. Still, what a rush you know? Kellan smiled at Brunhild again. He hoped that he had not creeped her by telling her she was beautiful. If luck was with him his flirtatious reputation would precede him and she would know the playful flirting was just who he was.
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on September 23rd, 2010, 9:30 am

Brunhild chuckled, shaking her head slightly. Somehow, she'd expected Kellan to be quite the flirt, but it was more amusing than disturbing. "Thank you. Indeed, Alwin's a handsome one. He's one of the best," Brunhild replied with a grin, turning to the great Wind Eagle. "He's quite the flatterer," Axel commented, looking up and down at Kellan, "but he looks kind." Brunhild nodded a reply to the slate-blue Wind Eagle.

"We fly everyday. But half the time, we're here looking around, it's like a form of relaxation for us," Brunhild mused happily, petting Axel lovingly. The Wind Eagle chirped enthusiastically. "It looks like Alwin's warming up to you though, Kellan, how long have you been trying to bond with him?" Brunhild inquired, tilting her head to the side in genuine interest.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on September 29th, 2010, 1:55 am

Excitement was clear on Kellan's face as Brunhild talked about her flights with Axel. He envied her in more ways than he could even imagine. He longed to be in the sky again, flying through the clouds, and feeling the rush of the wind in his red hair. "That sounds amazing. I cannot wait until I get to fly everyday." Kellan looked over at Alwin and smiled. "If Alwin picks me I will the happiest guy in Wind Reach. Although, it doesn't take a lot to make me happy. Even a date with usually do it." He gave her a sly smile and chuckled. He did find the girl quite attractive regardless of whether or not this made the flirting more or less legitment.

"I've been trying to bond with Alwin since the end of Spring." Kellan smiled at the bird and then looked at Brunhild. "He is either very indecisive or is trying to play with me." Kellan knew the bird was just trying to find a good companion but he was getting antsy. He wanted to fly so bad. He knew it was worth it to wait but he could not help feeling anxious for the great bird's decision. Kellan pointed his golden eyes in Brunhild's direction. "So about that date."
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on September 29th, 2010, 10:42 am

Brunhild chuckled, eyes trailing over to Alwin. The Wind Eagle was quite the looker, and Axel was beginning to notice as well. "Playboy," Axel joked, eyes staring into Kellan's. Brunhild burst out laughing.

Axel began inching away, making her way to other Wind Eagles, seemingly mingling with them. The crowds of Endals and other Inarta began to lessen, and the light of the sun began to glow brighter from the entrance to the Aeries.

"A-Ah, my apologies... Axel said something hilarious," she beamed, her hand patting the dark slate-blue Wind Eagle's back happily. "Hmm, when and where?" she queried, crossing her arms across her chest and giving the boy a skeptical look.[/ooc]
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on September 30th, 2010, 2:53 am

An uneasy feeling formed at the pit of his stomach as Brunhild laughed at some unheard joke. Although Kellan put up a cocky front his was very self concious. He wondered what Brunhild was laughing about. It was most likely something that Axel had said but Kellan brushed it off when Brunhild agreed to go on a date with him. It was a new record for him. He had known the girl for less than ten chimes and he already had her agreeing to go on a date with him.

Different places came to Kellan's mind as he thought of where he would take Brunhild. He had not actually expected her to say yes. Most girls just giggled and thought he was joking. He usually was but he had a feeling this time he may have actually wanted to take this girl out. The Sanikas River was out of the question. The way out of the city was slowly becoming blocked again. No more were the days of taking girls to the river. Those memories would have to wait until it got warm again. "How about the twin lakes? Nice open area, not a lot of people, and best of all swimming." He almost added the words "clothing optional" but it did not feel apropriate. That was a first. Usually Kellan did not care if it was appropriate. He just flirted and if the girl didn't like him then he would move on. "For the love of Zulrav, don't say that I am becoming a good natured person."

Just the thought of going to the twin lakes with Brunhild got Kellan excited. He had been living in such a sausage fest lately. He really needed some female inarta attention. Yes there was Drusilla but Drusilla was a Symenstra and he thought of her like a little sister. Well, a little sister he occasionally flirted with innocently. "Well Brunhild, I always like to say there is no time better than the present. Why not right now?" Kellan was the master of spontinaity. Not because he was suave or romantic. He just had no patience and if he wanted to do something he wanted to do it right away. Dates were no different.
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on October 22nd, 2010, 3:26 am

"Oh, well... let me see..." Brunhild turned to Axel with a serious expression, and they began to speak to each other once more. "You've got your rounds everyday before lunch, and your nightly rounds every other day before midnight," Axel looked out to the sky, her ruby-red eyes scanning the horizon like with intelligence. "It's not too late nor too early to go for a little swim, I suppose... we mustn't be late for your rounds tonight, though!"

"Do you find it appropriate?" she inquired, tilting her head to the side as they continued in their conversation. "Not at all, it's just an innocent swim in the Twin Lakes, am I right?" the Wind Eagle contemplated, "What will it hurt?"

"Nothing, actually..." Brunhild giggled once more, and turned to Kellan. "Sounds like a plan, shall we go?" she gestured over to the exit. Axel made a snickering sound. "Can I push him into the lake or something?" she chirped. "No, I don't know... most probably not!" the Inarta replied with a laugh.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on October 22nd, 2010, 9:08 pm

A smile formed on Kellan's lips. "Yeah, let's go." He thought about the lakes and of course, the fact that he would be there in the company of a scantily dressed woman, that was if she was even dressed at all. Strangely though, Kellan was more concerned with talking. He wanted to know about this girl. He had a reputation of being a flirt and most girls just brushed him off after his first witty line. Bruhild had not though, she actually excepted his offer. This was new…

"So tell me about yourself Brunhild. In all truth I did not think you would agree to go on a date with me. Girls…, women tend to brush me off because I am such a…" Kellan was a bit embarrassed to finish the sentence. He did not refer to himself as a flirt although he knew he was one. "You know, a flirt." He gave her a shy smile. He ran his fingers through his hair and looked up at the tunnels around him leading to the lakes. He had not been there in a while. He thought back to the last time he had been at the lakes. He was training with Kovac although it was more of a peer bonding session. He had tried to get Kovac to open up to him but there was no such luck. Kellan may have been good with the ladies but it did not help when trying to make friends with guys.
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on October 23rd, 2010, 4:05 am

"I busy myself outside most of the time, honestly--" Brunhild turned to Axel, who merely nodded and flew off, going on ahead of the two. "Me and Axel do rounds outside of Wind Reach everyday, as well as a lot of hunting. We come home at night or in the afternoon with a lot of time to spare," she looked around her bemusedly, "So, we usually just stay in the Aeries, or just walk around."

"Don't open up to him too much, you've got to show some mystery!" Axel spoke to the Inarta telepathically. "Yes, I know..." Brunhild replied, turning left through another tunnel, until they could already see the light of the exit. "I'm not one to make many friends, I tend to keep to myself a little bit. I'd like to think of this as an innocent date, yes?" she turned to Kellan with a raise of her thin brow as they reached the exit, and the Twin Lakes could be seen not too far ahead.

The sky was bright and blue, and the sun was high in the sky. Brunhild could feel the uncomfortable heat hit her skin, and the itch to be submerged in cold water kicked in. She and Axel liked to take nightly walks near the Twin Lakes once in a while, go for a swim and other things. On especially hot days like this, she couldn't wait for night to fall before taking a dip. The sparkling water was magnificent, almost irresistible. Brunhild turned to find Axel already there, pecking at the water and splashing her wings around playfully. Brunhild smiled affectionately at the Wind Eagle; she was her companion for years, and seeing her so jovial and playing around in the water hit her with a strong sense of nostalgia from the past. When her father was still around. When she was still consistently happy.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Character sheet

Next