Closed [Tuvya Sasaran] Getting Her Kicks (Ragdoll)

Alyra finds a subject that's more painful to learn than she's used to.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Tuvya Sasaran] Getting Her Kicks (Ragdoll)

Postby Alyra on June 1st, 2014, 11:05 pm

2nd of Summer, 514 AV

Thankfully, the Tuvya Sasaran was just down the road from Alyra's home. If the walk were more than a few chimes, Alyra would've surely been lost inside the new city. Even though she wasn't on a set time table, Alyra would have been upset if she had to put off her training due to getting lost.

Summer was upon Riverfall, and the weather reflected such. Alyra wasn't used to the heat, and was forced to buy a new outfit for the occasion. Unfortunately, she wasn't quite sure how the silk would hold up against combat training. In fact, she wasn't sure how well she would hold up against combat training. The Ethaefal loved learning with an unmatched passion, but she was unsure on how long that passion would persist once someone was punching and kicking at her.

As Alyra approached the papery walls of the Tuvya Sasaran she heard grunts and shouts from inside. It intimidated the woman, cutting her down to size in a manner of ticks; was she about to be made a fool of in front of a building full of her potential friends, colleagues, and neighbors? She sincerely hoped not.

Drawing in a cautious breath, Alyra slid the door open and entered. She was greeted by the scent of hard work, and a Tuvyan worker.

Thoughts ~.~ Common ~.~ Tukant (0000BF) ~.~ Kontinese (FFFFFF)
Piraen
Alyra
Player

Words: 70686
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2012, 7:52 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ragdoll on July 13th, 2014, 12:55 am

When Alyra stepped through the door of the Tuvya Sasaran, a young and enthusiastic Akalak was right there to greet her. He was tall, about six and a half feet total, and had a shock of pale almost-white blond hair which was very obviously bleached. In direct contrast with the Akalak's unnaturally pale hair was his dark red skin, the shade of an old scab. "Hello! My name's Tythlok! Would you mind taking your shoes off and leaving them at the door?"

The reddish Akalak smiled at the woman and inclined his head. "You know, I haven't seen you around here before. Are you new?" If she responded that she was indeed new to the facility, then he would lead her on a brief tour of the Tuvya Sasaran. If she had actually been here before, then Tythlok would invite her to spar with him.

While Tythlok waited for an answer from the woman who'd just entered the Akalak's unarmed combat training school, he stepped aside and swept his arm across the room in a dramatic gesture. "Either way-welcome to the Tuvya Sasaran!"

OOCI'm sorry for the delay and the shortness of this post. >.> I really can't do too much without you, though.

Riverfall - Behind the Waterfall - Mod Request Thread - Codex - OOC
Because of RL issues and a lack of energy that I can devote to Mizahar, I've decided to step down as an AS. I'm sorry to leave so suddenly, but it's truly been fun while it lasted. Hopefully I can come back some day.
Ragdoll
To err is human; to forgive is feline.

Words: 53704
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2014, 2:19 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alyra on July 23rd, 2014, 9:34 pm

Alyra smiled, grateful that the worker seemed to be a pleasant one. Unfortunately, he also seemed to be a giant one. The Akalak wasn't much taller than her, but Alyra still needed to look up to meet his eyes. He was bulky, though. Alyra sighed; she hadn't expected anything less, but it was still nice to hope.

"Well met, Tythlok, and thank you." Alyra sat and began to take off her shoes. It would take a chime or two, seeing as she had nearly fifteen pairs of holes to unlace per shoe. It was annoying and time-consuming, yes, but they were hardy shoes; they got her places in one piece, and for that, Alyra would deal with the delays. "I'm Alyra."

"Yes. Actually, I'm new to Riverfall in general."
Alyra smiled back at the man, pulling her left shoe off as she continued. "That's why I'm here...I'm trying to train for Kuvan status."

When both feet were free, Alyra stood. She wiggled her toes around happily. If it was safe, she'd go barefoot everywhere. Sadly, Sunberth wasn't the sort of city to walk around barefoot in, and thus Alyra was forced into the shoe-wearing habit. Some days, she wished she had fallen somewhere other than that coastal city of anarchists. That place brainwashed her into paranoia. Instead of waltzing out of the house barefoot, Alyra woke up thinking "Oh, gee, what if some poor thief set up poisoned-laced glass outside of my doorstep in an attempt to ambush and rob me, leaving me injured and, ultimately, shoeless? Hmm, I guess I better wear shoes."

Alyra pushed Sunberth from her thoughts as she patiently waited for Tythlok to continue. Or attack her. Either way, she guessed she'd be having the same amount of fun.

Thoughts ~.~ Common ~.~ Tukant (0000BF) ~.~ Kontinese (FFFFFF)
Piraen
Alyra
Player

Words: 70686
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2012, 7:52 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes