Gnosis question

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Gnosis question

Postby Valien on June 5th, 2014, 7:46 am

So, let's say you have the idea that at some point, you (maybe) want your character to get a gnosis mark. That idea, in Valien's case, is a little far off, but you want to start working towards it, maybe even foreshadowing it slightly in your posts. Do you PM a storyteller and tell them that this is what you have in mind, or do you wait until your character has the required amount of faith/threads/posts relating to the deity in question under their belt before bothering anyone?
Box code by Cylos Marn
Valien
Player

Words: 41501
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 6:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Gnosis question

Postby Roscoe on June 5th, 2014, 7:56 am

Hi Valien. :)

Generally, you will want to be as open as you can about long term goals with your story teller, even if they're far off. It's helpful for you because ST's often enjoy helping players achieve said goals, and it's helpful for them because they don't get blindsided with big requests like Gnosis marks, which I understand can take time to get approved and prepare for. In the end, being up front works better.

This wiki article gives an overview of how you might go about getting a mark. But to answer your question, I would go ahead and be in touch with your domain storyteller about your ideas.

Hope I was helpful. :)
Roscoe
It's not easy being evil

Words: 85779
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 10:28 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Gnosis question

Postby Valien on June 5th, 2014, 4:41 pm

Very helpful, thanks :) I might wait a bit to cement the idea further in my mind, though. Been here less than a week after being on and off the past couple of years, and don't want to get ahead of myself.
Box code by Cylos Marn
Valien
Player

Words: 41501
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 6:31 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook