PM to join Shelter (Alaia)

Two very different women meet for the first time in an unlikely place.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Shelter (Alaia)

Postby Edith on June 11th, 2014, 4:53 pm

7th of Summer
Year 514
Tenth bell

Armed with her rucksack and stalwart determination, Edith sets out across Riverfall's notorious beach looking for an appropriate nook with which to practice her magic. Her magic being a private study of hers that she hasn't had the opportunity to indulge in as of late, but that shall all be rectified today.

She dodges summer beachgoers as she tries to find some privacy, looking odd among the women frolicking in swim costumes. As always, she's wearing a high collar despite the moist heat. But she peels off her gloves as she goes, stuffing them in the waistband of her pants and stretching her sweaty hands languorously. Much better, she sighs. The heat doesn’t last long though, and she finds herself appreciating her unusual mode of dress. A light rain is falling by mid morning and heavy, pregnant clouds are rolling closer with dark intent. No matter, the heat will quickly burn away the clouds, she decides dismissively. And it’s not like rain in unwelcome in the summer.

She walks for the better half of a bell before she finds what she's looking for; a secluded, low, and dry beach cave. She pokes her head around the corner cautiously, unwilling to disturb a nest of snarlwings or an angry seal. But once she is certain that her abode in unoccupied she throws her pack in and makes herself at home.

Digging in her worn rucksack, she produces a blanket she nicked from the end of her bed and lays it out neatly on the sandy floor. She then unbuttons her thin shirt and unwraps her chest bindings and stuffs them both her the pack to replace it. Finally, she settles into a cross-legged pose in the center of her blanket, naked from the waist up, and takes a deep, cleansing breath. Her mind slipping easily into that space she uses to manipulate her dijed.  

"What shall I do to you?" she asks her hands. Since she has nowhere to study her reflection, she endeavors to keep the manipulation to just her forearms, hands, and abdomen. Holding her hands up to the light thats filtering thorough the mouth of the cave, she studies the shape and texture of her hand; casting her mind through the bones sinew and tissue that holds it all together. Flipping them over, she traces the thin layer of almost opalescent scar tissue on her palm, her eyes following the stiff ridges where the scars fold so she can make a fist.

Then slowly and steadily she raises her dijed through her arms, imbedding it in every fiber of her hands. She cant see it outwardly, but she can feel the whole structure of her hands relax, and the limits of her body rewritten. It's a heady feeling. A false sense of invulnerability and limitlessness. But it something Edith has already marshaled since earlier in her studies, and she easily represses it.

And then, carefully, she starts to experiment with the fine workings of her hands. By pulling back flesh, kneading bone, and cracking nail she starts to make something new. So involve is she in her magic, the she doesn't hear the beginning patters and angry waves heralding a much heavier storm.
Edith
Moulder of flesh and clay

Words: 38748
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2014, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Shelter (Alaia)

Postby Alaia on June 14th, 2014, 8:52 pm

Alaia was walking along the beach enjoying the feel of sand in her toes while she looked for sea shells to maybe start decorating her home with. She had lived in Riverfall since the spring and still she barely had personalized the space she rented at the Pearl House. The simplicity of the apartment she currently rented was painful really. She was a minimalist but that didn’t mean she didn’t need something to spruce the place up a bit so that it wasn’t all white cotton and black charcoal drawings. By now she had several shells in her hands and she was holding them up one by one to examine them.

She knew she should get back home soon, the sky was darkening and it was clearly going to rain any minute but just as she was considering retreating into the warmth of her home she spotted the waves bringing in a new shell for her to examine. Letting her webbed feet push through the foaming water as it broke against the sand before going back out to sea again she walked towards the shell with a smile on her face. From here she could see it was stunning, all strong lines and contours that made you wonder how exactly the Gods had thought of the unique beauty the shell possessed. The Konti bent down to pick it up and as she did she felt the first droplets from the sky falling against her scaled back. “Oh seriously?” She spoke to herself and plucked the shell from its grasp in the wet sand before she stood up and looked around trying to get her direction right, she didn’t think she had traveled this far down the beach.

Another drop fell on her nose this time making her twitch having not expected it in such a precise location but then she laughed from her own reaction. Her laugh was greeted with the rolling welcome of thunder from dark clouds that were battling each other above her. The thunder was accented by the sudden plummet of not just one or two droplets of rain but by why seemed like an entire Suvan Sea full and Alaia went from laughing to running through the rain for cover. The waves turned dark and angry and the storm and part of her wanted to dive into them, some twisted part of her wanted to become part of them if only for a moment as they danced their seductively deadly dance.

Alaia had absolutely no idea where on the beach she was anymore and the pounding rain made her visibility next to none so her only hope was the dark cave mouth she spotted not too far in the distance. Clasping onto her shells for dear life trying not to let the rain win as it tried to slick them from her grasp and drop them back into the ocean’s possessive waves she ran into the cave mouth a moment later. She was still laughing, her long wavy blonde hair now soaked to the bone and her white lace dress clung to her form in such a way it left very little question to what she looked like beneath it.

“You win this time!” she called back to the storm in Kontinese as she dropped the shells to the ground and reached up to grasp at her hair and begin twisting it dry. It was then that she turned around to try to take in her surroundings and her eyes landed on the girl who was sitting there half naked. Alaia’s eyes widened and she instantly blushed as an apology spewed from her lips in her native tongue simply because her reaction was to speak in that rather than the broken common or tukant she knew. “Oh my Rak’keli I’m so sorry … I’m .. I didn’t mean … well .. it’s raining …” she stammered on and just stared, something was happening to the girls arms and Alaia had no idea what. She wasn’t magic except the few things she had learned from Elias in their letters and so she just stared and gaped at the girl with wide blue eyes.
Alaia
My soul whispers to you in the silence.

Words: 181488
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2014, 7:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Shelter (Alaia)

Postby Edith on June 15th, 2014, 3:12 am

The manipulation is going well, Edith's eyes shine and her lips thin in concentration as she moulds her own body into impossible things. Her fingers are now half the width they used to be and twice as long. These new, spidery appendages are terribly brittle but grotesquely mesmerizing as she splays her fingers and makes them dance like they are posed over an imaginary piano. But how can she make them better? Not in the practical sense of course; these flimsy fingers would be useful only for picking pebbles out from between floorboards and scaring small children. But there is always a way to improve.

Suddenly a foreign, childish cry of jubilation snaps Edith out of her reverie. Framed in the soft, grayish light of the ensuing storm is a very small Konti woman. A Konti woman bending over to wring out her blonde hair, wearing little more than a nearly translucent soaked white dress. Edith's jaw drops in surprise and a flush of color tries to rise through her dark skin and facial scars.

Oh dear.

When the woman does straighten up her unimpressive height and take stock of her surroundings, her's and Edith's eyes meet briefly. And black to blue, she gets the impression that their looks of shock are almost exactly the same. The woman immediately erupts into an embarrassed tangent, full of stuttering words and fidgeting hands. She's speaking Kontinese in a babbling, bird-like voice, but her intention is clear, and in the few seconds since she barged into the low sea cave Edith is intimately aware of how underdressed she is, and that her hands are still ugly, crab-like things. Shyke.

"It's ok kitten", she coos in a voice reserved for children and animals, the kind where the tone is more important than the words. Since she chose to spout Konti language to someone who its so obviously not Konti, Edith assumes it to be the only language she knows. Her fingers snap back to their original shape in a few seconds, bone and muscle retracting and filling out as her body instinctively remembers its original proportions. And then she reaches across the blanket for her shirt, slipping it on and buttoning it back up to her neck. "I wasn't expecting company" she continues dryly.

But the woman is not looking her in the eye as she speaks, but rather staring wide-eyed at her hands. Edith blinks slowly, following her line of sight. A shy smile pulls at her ruined lips, reacting to an almost masculine urge to impress this pretty little trespasser.

"Hey, watch this Kitten", she says softly, holding out her hands to her, palm up in a passive gesture. She ignites her dijed once again and lets it rush across the thin layer of skin over her entire body. But this time the basic form holds, instead she shifts, adjusts, and eventually activates the pigment of her body. The effect is rather like ink blooming across the surface of her body as -all at once- she saturates herself in the richest, purest black she can manage. Her hair, the whites of her eyes, her tongue and even her teeth take on the strange process. It effect is rather odd in the flat light of the cave; like there is a human-shaped absence in the world wearing a faded blouse and pants.

She smiles at the girl then with black lips parting for black teeth, feeling a bit too proud of herself, and looking for a reaction to feed this uncharacteristic ego.
Edith

Character sheet

Shelter (Alaia)

Postby Alaia on June 18th, 2014, 1:08 pm

A few breaths passed between them and then the woman with …. The hands … spoke and called her kitten. Alaia’s head tilted but she didn’t respond at first when she was called ‘kitten’ instead she watched the hands go back to their normal shape and a breath she hadn’t realized she was holding was expelled. Still the other girl spoke and Alaia kept her silence, really it was rude and she was chastising herself for her own rudeness but she couldn’t bring herself to speak just yet. Clothes went back on and the Konti relaxed some, it wasn’t that she had never seen a naked body it had just been so unexpected that her inner prude had come forth to play.

Bright blue eyes flicked up to the woman’s face finally, seeing the scars there she frowned wondering what horrible thing could have happened to the one she unintentionally barged in on. “Hey, watch this Kitten.” The words brought her attention back to those hands and she watched the blackness spread like the ink of an octopus. Soft lips parted in shock and when the woman smiled and she saw the blackness had reached her mouth and the woman became a black void. Alaia wanted to scream, terror clutched at her heart and she started backing up towards the entrance of the cave suddenly wanting to be back out in the storm.

She didn’t scream and she did stop backing away if only because logically she knew it wasn’t safe to be out in the storm but she wasn’t entirely sure it was safe to be in the cave with this woman either. “Can you …. Can you stop that?” her voice trembled with the fear she felt as she spoke in common this time since that was the language the woman had used. A shiver ran through her as her wet clothes and hair started to chill her to the bones and she wrapped her arms around her small waist still keeping her distance.

“I don’t think you should do that …” First the woman had crab fingers and now she was a dark nightmare. Alaia was convinced she wouldn’t be stepping unknowingly into caves anymore but she kept talking hoping her conversation would make the woman revert to the less scary image she had been a moment ago. “…I mean I’m sorry I didn’t mean to come here … the storm is getting bad.” She nodded behind her to the whipping wind and angry rain before she took a slow and careful step closer if the woman started to take away the terrifying look she currently possessed. “Do you mind if I stay with you? Or … I can leave and find my way to a hiding spot before it’s safe to go home…”
Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Shelter (Alaia)

Postby Edith on June 29th, 2014, 3:27 am

OOC :
Sorry for the wait! It wont happen again. I appreciate the patience. :)

"Oh, no, I'm sorry kitten- I mean, miss", she sputters through her black teeth, horrified that she's scared this tiny porcelain-doll of a woman. Her ego deflates like a balloon as she chastises herself for this stupid mistake of mimicking a monster in the middle of a scary storm. She stops feeding her dijed and the process slowly reverts itself. The colour retreats, reverts, and she is once again a dark young woman with an apologetic smile. "Please stay. Konti or not, I'm pretty sure you'll drown just trying to walk back to the city."

She fidgets her hands and pulls her gloves back on, smoothing them over the wrists of her blouse just for something to do. The silence is getting awkward. Is it possible to use Morphing to melt into the ground like a puddle and disappear? She vows to find out in case she ever needs a quick getaway again.

"Ah, you cold?" she guesses, noding towards the soaked white dress. She digs around in her pack and comes up with a well worn blue cloak. She tosses it to her without getting up. "My names Edith, I'm a potter", she broaches cautiously, buttoning up her bag again. "What did you do to get caught out in this storm? My excuse is pure stupidity and apparently no peripheral vision."
Edith

Character sheet

Shelter (Alaia)

Postby Alaia on June 30th, 2014, 10:01 pm

OOC :
Oh don't worry about it at all dear =) I wasn't worried *hugs*

Alaia remained by the mouth of the cave even when the woman apologized for her horrifying display of the magic she was using. It wasn’t until she started to return what the Konti could only assume her natural form did she start walking in closer to the other female and offering her a tentative smile. “My gills would never survive – not enough water to slide over them.” She spoke with a light tease in her voice trying to settle herself down and calm the pulse of fear in her own neck. She was still standing when the blue cloak was tossed to her, catching it she wrapped herself quickly into its depths before she folded her body neatly on the ground near the woman, only her face popping out of the cloak’s fabrics.

“Thank you.” She offered with a slight shift of her weight to indicate the cloak before she closed her eyes trying to absorb whatever warmth the cloak could offer her as she shivered again still damp. “It’s nice to meet you Edith …” The Konti offered politely as she opened her eyes and glanced to the woman again, momentarily a vision of the black skin superimposed from Alaia’s memory but it disappeared as quickly as it came. “I’m Alaia, I’m a healer.” She offered and brought her knees up to her chest trying to use her limbs touching limbs to generate a bit more heat. It was summer and it was hot but the wet of the rain left her shivering as if it was a cool autumn evening.

With a delicate hand she motioned to the shells she had dropped at the entrance “I was collecting some shells to put in my room, trying to jazz it up. It’s rather plain and I’m not much good at decorating.” Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment considering she loved art yet her room as plain and unimpressionable. “I saw the storm coming in over the ocean and apparently Laviku wanted to play a game with me.” She chuckled lightly at that thought that Laviku was teaching her a lesson to retreat inside when she saw the storms like a father would allow a child to trip so they were more careful the next time.

Quietness set over her for a long moment, allowing a few chimes to pass before she looked to Edith again and offered her own questions. Alaia figured she might as well get to know the magical woman while they had to wait out the storm together. “Do you live in Riverfall? … or are you just visiting the city?” She hadn’t met the woman before and as she finally took in the time to examine her appearance she noticed the scarring and silently chastised herself for not noticing it sooner. What had happened to the woman? She was still beautiful, if only made more so because of the uniqueness of her scars but that didn’t stop the healer in her wanting to know what had been the cause of such wounds. Flicking her gaze from the scars back up to Edith’s eyes she didn’t bother apologizing for staring and instead she made no mention of the scars for now, perhaps later after they spent some time talking she’d be nosey enough to ask. “What were you doing when I came in? I know it’s magic but I’ve not seen that kind before …”
Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Shelter (Alaia)

Postby Edith on July 1st, 2014, 10:45 pm

"Who knew collecting shells could be so hazardous. Well met, Alaia." She sees the woman shiver under the cloak and regrets that they don't have dry wood with which to make a fire. For she had the presence of mind to bring flint and steel, but not tinder. The muggy summer air is heavy in the enclosed space, but since Edith had avoided the rain by sheer luck, she isn't cold.

Probably to fill the silence somehow, Alaia hedges a question about her heritage.

"Yep. Born and raised in Riverfall. I'll bet that you're not, though", she motions to her throat. "Accent", she explains. And indeed, the regal, hard 'k' accent of the cliffside city is absent in her tiny Konti companion. Instead she has the soft spoken, musical lilt of somewhere far away. Probably Mura, the Konti island, wherever that is.

She notices when the Konti's bright blue eyes travel down and stare fixedly at her neck. Edith doesn't say anything, but waits for her eyes to flick back up with an apology or feigned indifference. But, surprisingly, that doesn't happen. Instead the silence lasts a tick before her eyes slide back up, without shyness or guilt. Edith feels a rush of gratefulness for Alaia. After years of carrying these marks her self-consciousness is slowly ebbing away into indifference. Slowly. But blatent pity or blindness still rubs her the wrong way. Alaia is acknowledging this little deformity without awkwardness. The corner of her lips quirks up in a smile.

“What were you doing when I came in? I know it’s magic but I’ve not seen that kind before …”

"Oh. I hide in caves to scare the bejezus out of passerby as a hobby", she nods with a straight face. "You know, harnessing the dark power of the void and all of that."

At this point her lips thin out to keep from smiling. But she cant handle it, and a giggle made of sand and moths escapes from her mouth. "Sorry, sorry, I couldn't help it. It's called Morphing- I can change my body at will with some study and a lot of patience. I'm still a beginner, but I can change my entire body now", her ego wakes from its slumber and beams with pride.

"But I hear that Konti have their own kind of magic that has nothing to do with Dijed", Edith says with poorly disguised excitement. "It's little more than a rumor, but is it true? Can you heal with just a touch or talk to animals or such? And if it is true, can you teach me?"
Edith

Character sheet

Shelter (Alaia)

Postby Alaia on July 5th, 2014, 12:24 am

Alaia grinned at the woman when she assumed that the Konti wasn’t raised in Riverfall “Oh no, no I wasn’t. I was born and raised on Mura, I moved here about a year ago.” She chuckled lightly and reached up to run her small fingers through her slowly drying hair to separate the strands so that it could dry faster “It was a rather long trip but I plan on living here for as long as the city will have me.” She nodded lightly, though she did plan on a trip or two to other cities she knew she would always return back here to Riverfall rather than to Mura. Rivefall was home now and forever.

When Edith teased her about hiding out in caves to scare passerby’s Alaia didn’t catch it at first because of the lack of a smile on the girl’s face but when she finally couldn’t contain her giggling anymore the Konti laughed along with her. “Don’t scare me like that.” She teased back and then tilted her head when the woman began to finally describe what she had been really doing. Leaning forward she would reach for Edith’s hands but stop just before she touched the woman, instead she would retreat back into herself and sit back down “How is that even possible?” She wanted to examine the woman’s flesh and bones, to see if they were more pliable then the average human’s – perhaps morphing changed someone permanently? She was curious. “Will you show me again? Something … not scary?” She blushed and looked away, embarrassed that the first display had been terrifying to her when the girl now seemed perfectly normal.

Alaia blushed still when the subject of gifts was brought forth, Konti gifts to be exact. “Yes we have … gifts.” She did not think her own ‘gift’ was something worth enjoying but she splayed her webbed hands out before her and glanced at them. “Everyone’s gift is different, not a single Konti has the same gift….” She dropped her hands into her lap and continued “…. I can not teach you this Edith, I’m sorry.” She frowned slightly and looked at the girl “Even if I could you might not want it. Not all gifts are what someone might consider a gift.” Alaia pulled the cloak tighter but she was finally warming up at least.

Chewing her bottom lip she smiled proudly after a heart beat “I can heal though, because of Rak’keli..” Alaia pointed to the swirling opalescent sigil on the right side of her face that ran from her temple down to her jaw line. “I’m sorry it’s not as fun as yours. I can’t really teach you that either.” She frowned lightly and felt a shiver run through her spine again before she added quietly “To have the gift like Konti’s have you’d have to spend a long time on Mura, it’s born in us because we have been there for so long drinking the water. Mine works by touch, I can see intentions of your future actions … I don’t enjoy it though I do know other Konti’s who love their gifts.”

Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Shelter (Alaia)

Postby Edith on July 8th, 2014, 3:52 am

Edith's face falls into disappointment when she finds out that she cant learn any of the magic the Konti possesses. But not only that, the swirling symbol on the side of her face is really a mark of the gods! How the void did she manage to grab their fickle attention?

She absorbs the explanation of Konti gifts; how they come from the homelands’ water, how all Konti have different gifts that they use to different effect. She mentions what hers is almost as an anecdote. And Edith is glad she did. It seems very, if not private, at least invasive to tap into someones mind like you're riffling through the books on a shelf. It seems incredible too, just being able to -in a roundabout way- tell the future of a person.

She also mentions that she doesn't enjoy bearing such a gift. Which begs the question: why? The information doesn't seem particularly unwelcome when you can see if people are lying or cheating you with a simple touch.

"Tell you what; I'll show you my magic if you show me yours", Edith says, after a silent moment of shuffling through her thoughts on the matter. "Here, show me your hand- don’t worry, I wont touch you", she says quickly.

Once presented the appendage she takes the glove off of her own hand. She holds them side-by-side, studying the differences in each. And really, the differences are staggering. Alaia has the tiny porcelain hands of a doll, with large, yet undefined scales in pastel colors and a thin webbing between all her fingers. Edith's, by comparison, are narrow but much larger. Her skin is dark and blemished with the white freckles that are the bane of the darker-skinned population. Her scars start on her palms, which makes the skin thicker and somehow less pliant, and the tips of her fingers are all slightly melted so her fingernails grow is fractionally different directions.

Being next to something so beautiful makes her feel dirty, somehow. But she doesn't dwell on it. She reaches into the dijed flowing through her body and lets it rise and pool in the mechanisms of her hand. The first thing to change is the shape, as she keeps the proportion but shortens the bones and muscle so they match the hand beside her. The process is not as creepy as the spidery-fingers she did before, but there is still a fair amount of fluid skin and cracking joints. The scar tissue sinks into the skin and vanishes as her fingers straighten. The pigment fades rapidly until she is the same fresh pale color as the Konti. Edith considers fine-toning the illusion by copying the scales and webbing. But frankly, she's sure there is no way to copy the delicate features by sight alone. She'd need to study how it's attached, and what it is even made from. So she settles on what she has: a human version of Alaia's hand, that disappears into the cuff of her sleeve. The copy isn't perfect by a long shot, but it'll do.

"See?" she says, wiggling her fingers to show their dexterity. "Much more, ah- common than yours. But it's interesting isn't it?

...You can touch it if you like", she continues hesitantly, unsure how she would react. The though of this woman being inside her head at a touch does freak her out a bit, but she has come to the conclusion she has nothing that needs to be concealed in her intentions. She plans to sit here and wait for the rain to stop, perhaps learn something from the Konti. Deep in her mind she has to recognize that, yes, she is sexually attracted to the woman. But since she doesn't plan to jump her that secret can go straight to the void.

"Now it's your turn", she says, a spark of interest back in her rough voice. She takes the hand that hasn't been morphed, throws the glove aside and bites down on the pad of her thumb. A single jewel bright drop of blood wells up on her finger. "Can you fix this?", not that she's sure how the Konti would heal her. Not just by force of will, can she? Can she just stare at it until the blood retreats? No, of course not.
Edith

Character sheet

Shelter (Alaia)

Postby Alaia on July 10th, 2014, 2:53 pm

Alaia watched the emotions roll across Edith’s face carefully, her bright eyes taking in the disappointment that shadowed her face when her dreams of learning how to have a konti gift were broken. It wasn’t her desire to make the darker skinned woman disappointed but Alaia wasn’t really one for lying either so she figured it was at least better this way then trying to teach her while knowing she never could. Finally Edith seemed to perk up as she spoke again, the Konti was admittedly a little hesitant to offer out her hand but when she was assured she wouldn’t be touched she snaked an arm out from the depths of her borrowed cloak.

When the two hands were placed side by side she drank in their differences, everything from the skin pigments down to the scarring that changed the textures of the woman’s flesh. Burns would make a pattern like that. Maybe it was burns? The healer couldn’t be sure without actually asking but she kept her mouth shut still on the subject. Why didn’t the woman just morph her scars away? Maybe the magic was to exhausting for that? Alaia didn’t know, magic wasn’t her area really unless you included her healing but she didn’t think that was the same thing. She assumed that morphing wasn’t an ability offered by the gods but some other avenue that was taken and she had no idea the true limitations on those types. It was also very possible that Edith was new to the magic and maybe that’s why she didn’t hide her scars? Or maybe she realized the beauty and uniqueness they brought to her. They were intriguing and set the woman apart from others – if you were to put Alaia in a crowd of Konti she doubted someone could pick her out from her racial sisters but Edith was her own unique flower in a field of simple baby cheeks.

The musing thoughts that ran through her head were silenced as she watched Edith change her hand to slowly become a human version of Alaia’s. Her mouth opened and she leaned forward letting her knees push herself closer in the sand while the cloak fell away from her body, forgotten in the face of magic. “You can touch it if you want." Those words broke through Alaia’s awe at the morphing; possibly not all of this style of magic was terrifying as she first thought when she walked into the cave. Alaia reached forward before she could even think twice that she would be touching the other woman, when their skin met porcelain to porcelain she was washed over by the woman’s curiosity that was currently fueling their conversations and both their actions. There was no darkness that she could see in the swirling confusion of intentions and that settled Alaia a bit. This was a rare moment when her gift wasn’t a curse in her eyes because she had originally been scared of the woman but now, through touch, she felt more comfortable around her.

The skin she felt was shockingly real – she supposed it was real? Or was it an illusion? The Konti was confused on that part so she tilted her head and asked as she prodded and pressed against the alabaster human hand void of scars.
“Is it real?” She looked up at Edith then in time to see the woman pulling at her other glove with her teeth before she suddenly bit her finger tip to wound it. “What are you doing?!” The Konti’s cheeks flushed not wit embarrassment but with annoyance when Edith purposefully hurt herself. With how much Alaia respected healing and people being unharmed it bristled her to see that the morpher would purposefully hurt herself just to get healed. Wounds were not something to take lightly in her mind.

Reaching out for the wounded hand she flicked her eyes up to Edith’s with a frown
“You should never purposefully hurt yourself no matter how small.” She scolded before she let her eyes fall close and reached into that deep part of her that Rek’keli had blessed. If she could she might have not healed Edith just to teach her a lesson but that wasn’t the Konti’s way so instead she felt the soft vibration echo through her veins followed by a warmth that ended in a soft glow at the center of her palm. The wound was miniscule and within Alaia’s realm of healing so she prayed silently to Rak’keli as she closed up the wound. Edith would feel a warmth enveloping her finger and a chime later the puncture would be closed and seem as if it had never been there in the first place except for the smudge of blood.

“Healing is my life …” She sat back on her knees and feet and looked at Edith seriously for a long moment “…I don’t like seeing people hurt even if just because you were curious.” Shaking her head Alaia reached out and would pat Edith’s upper arm where cloth covered her skin “You’re different then I thought when I first came in.” The Konti’s lips offered a faint smile then and she moved to push herself to her feet brushing off sand as she did so. Bending down she’d pick up the cloak and begin folding it to give it back since she wasn’t cold anymore. "Where did you learn your magics?” She was still annoyed at the puncture Edith had inflicted on herself but they were stuck together for a bit longer judging by the sound of the rain and Alaia would get over it after a moment of changed subject.
Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes