It's More Of An Aggressive Floating (Baylin)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Balderdash on June 12th, 2014, 3:30 am

"Oh you have no friggin' clue." snapped someone entering the oppressive stone archway behind them.
The exasperated voice belonged to a dark, sunken-faced monk who was almost as soaked as Baylin, with a shaved head. On his waterlogged robes was the insignia of a coin. In one hand was a dirty shovel. "First mad Otani, now this nonsense... You know how many shankings I've had to deal with today?" He didn't wait for Baylin to respond before muttering "Enough to make me smash a cart or two in frustration."

"So." said the man who apparently dealt with seaside shankings as he clapped Baylin on the shoulder, "I've got a problem, foreigner. I have to tell aaall these fishermen that we're working on a solution and something'll be just around the corner and that they shouldn't go out and try to punch an Otani in the face." The two of them began to walk (whether Baylin felt it or not) as he continued, "Issue is, none of us have any idea what's going on, and those little water-creeps have been stonewalling us." The monk chuckled a little at that before turning to Baylin. "Seriously though," he said gravely, "They're kidnapping kids out there. That shyke can't stand."

"We need us someone who speaks sea monster. Jubilation, Kelwyn sends us a pair of 'em."

Not a sensitive lot, monks.

"So be honored, you're gonna help mother Nyka."

Not ones to request much, either.

"You're gonna go figure out what in Hai's name these Otani have to do with the tides. You're gonna tell us. We'll take care of the rest. Simple shyke. Even outsiders should be able to figure it out. In exchange, we'll feed you and all that for as long as you want to stay with us. Deal?"

He didn't wait for an answer before sticking out a calloused hand out for a shake. "When you've got something for me, ask for Dalin. Or just look around the docks. I'll probably be kicking some salty sailor's shins in."

Dalin seemed very confident that Baylin would just roll with this plan as opposed to, say, telling the monk to piss off and finding a nice fountain to sleep in.
Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Bay'Lin La on June 12th, 2014, 2:34 pm

It was rare for Baylin to see the world in colors of morality and light – or even in grays. The grays blurred the world of the nuances that truly defined it; of dark shade and absent shape that were testament to the character and true nature of the reality in which they lived. The true color of everything was black. He saw the world as a blackened thing. A hollow empty thing which neither merited saving or contempt. Reality, as it were, was only a moment then forever lost and made meaningless.

It was how he felt about the world and of people. He never tended to suffer a fool for too long; least of all a bigoted idiot who felt the need to insult him then asks for a favor. However, despite how he felt about the man he was curiously interested in why the Otani would be stealing children away. They generally tended to be playful beings marked by the sea god, albeit quite annoying ninety five percent of the time .

Had Nyka angered Laviku enough to sire his ire?

“It is an interesting quandary indeed, Monk."

Baylin made no motion as the monk held out his hand and started to speak, save for carefully watching him for hidden machinations. He glanced towards his sister for a brief moment to receive silent advisement from his sibling. The look on Maylin's face made it clear that she cared more about stopping the kidnappings rather than feeling only curious about the Otani.

"The evils know are better than the evils in waiting. And I know no evils here... yet." If he was going to stay in Nyka he figured the monks were the best of evils to know. He turned back towards the Monk and held out a hand. His hand rose to grip the Monks, shaking it slightly. "It is in my best interest to be on good standing with these Monks." He thought to himself as he resisted commenting on the sea monster remark.

“For mother Nyka I shall look into this issue, Monk Dalin. Once finished, I, Baylin, shall seek you out."
Bay'Lin La
Life's but a walking shadow...

Words: 33079
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2013, 1:34 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes