Questions on Flashbacks

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Questions on Flashbacks

Postby Yoona on June 18th, 2014, 11:26 pm

Allo. I've gone through the lore a few times, and I feel like I could have looked something over, but I have a few questions about flashbacks that I thought I'd shove in here.

This might sound silly, but do flashbacks have to take place in the same exact city that the thread is being posted in? And if not, are there any real restrictions on settings for them? I imagine that it'd make sense to keep them in the same domain, at least.

I know that XP points can be earned through flashbacks. Can you technically learn a few new skills that carry over to your character's current state, or does the XP that you gain only go towards pre-existing skills?
"I see what I feel.
My sight will change when my heart does."
Yoona
Don't touch. I bite.

Words: 148798
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2014, 5:32 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Questions on Flashbacks

Postby Roderick on June 22nd, 2014, 1:07 am

As far as I know you post all tour threads on the forum for that city, e.g post in Syliras if you are there. There might be some restrictions on where you could be but it would depend on the city. Like if it was in Syliras you wouldn't be allowed to wander the upper levels unless you were a knight or squire.

If you were currently in Avanthal you could have a flashback where you are in Zeltiva. You would of course need to justify it - if they have supposedly never left Avanthal you couldn't. You also couldn't keep jumping between cities - travel in Miz is dangerous after all. By that I mean the timelines would have to make sense. So long as the character could plausibly have gotten from a to b it would work.

Xp wise it's basically the same as with normal threads. So long as you actively role play the character using the skill you'll get Xp. You can get any skill from a flashback - again you just have to write if out.

Sorry if this seems a bit disjointed or off - I'm typing on a phone at 2am, so yeah. :p
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Questions on Flashbacks

Postby Yoona on June 22nd, 2014, 1:33 am

Nah, not disjointed at all. They were the answers I was hoping for. c:

Thanks!
"I see what I feel.
My sight will change when my heart does."
Yoona
Don't touch. I bite.

Words: 148798
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2014, 5:32 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Questions on Flashbacks

Postby Roderick on June 22nd, 2014, 8:55 am

I'm glad I could help :)
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes