Closed A New Kind of Crazy

RIP Sanity

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

A New Kind of Crazy

Postby Azael on June 27th, 2014, 12:09 am

Azael was glad to have a piece of meat thrown his way, although he couldn’t tell where this happiness had come from. He didn’t know what eating this raw would do to him, but he was a tiger, so that should hopefully count for something. And if not, then what was the worst that could happen. Azael began to dig into the meat, which didn’t last too long, but definitely filled him up. Now all he needed was to find a way to follow these guys home. He heard the woman from earlier speak. He hadn’t quite caught her name, but he was able to tell that they were about to go home. Following them openly might be a bad decision, Azael was sure he’d be able to follow them from a distance.

Azael kept his eyes on them as they left, the last one being the archer that had been pointing an arrow at him most of the time. He nodded toward Azael, and Azael felt like nodding back, which he did give into when the guy left. Now it was his time to follow. Azael waited a second before running into the tree where he had hidden his bag and grabbing it with his mouth lifting it up. It was a heavy thing, but a tiger’s jaws were enough. He didn’t trust his tracking skills, and the things in this bag were rather valuable for his survival after following them.

He jumped back out of the hole and went into the direction he remembered them going. He was jogging in a tiger-like manner. The bag was making a bit of noise due to the things it was carrying and hopefully they’d hear it, but then again there was always the chance of a predator being around. Well a good old roar would be enough to alert anyone in the area that he was here, and there was a chance of getting food. These guys were keen hunters from what he could tell.

Azael thought he had caught sight of one of them, hopefully this was indeed true and continued to follow in the direction he remembered. He slowed down a little, morphing could only last so long and using up energy too fast was dangerous. He didn’t know the consequences and didn’t really want to find out. What sucked the most about this whole thing was….No-one could hear his stories….
Azael
Player

Words: 23008
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2014, 7:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A New Kind of Crazy

Postby Traverse on June 27th, 2014, 1:41 pm

Every now and again Mraari's fang members, and even she herself, would glance back to see if there were any tell tale orange and black patterning behind them. Strange to see a tiger so young and unafraid in the jungle wilds, but Myrians knew when to keep Caiyha's realm seperate from their own. If it was indeed wild, the creature should stay that way. And none of them suspected anything to the contrary.

Azael had managed to catch sight of a male at the far end of the semi-circle pattern the 8 Myrians spread out made as they walked along the forest floor. He would find himself losing sight of this individual every now and again, only to glimpse a section of tanned flesh, a flash of white bone weapon, or scrap of leather that would re-orient him on the male's position.

A bell or so had passed in this fashion when Azael found himself truly tiring, holding his fully morphed form, and carrying his things in his mouth were wearing upon him. That was when he also lost sight of his quarry. If he leapt forward, looked desperately he could not see, nor in fact hear the sounds of the individual he had been following.

Myrians were indeed good hunters, trackers. Their life was half in a city of bones, and half making the wilds their own, and suddenly Azael could feel eyes on him again as 8 Myrians created a circle around him once more.

This time the female from before did not look curious, or kind. Her brows were furrowed, dark eyes cold and calculating as she observed the small than average tiger with a pack of things hanging from its mouth.

"Reveal yourself to us stranger. Are you Kelvic? Sorceror? I do not appreciate being taken for a fool, and if you do not answer me correctly, I'll hang that pretty pelt of yours on the wall of my longhouse."

Mraari had a hand axe in hand, and more than one bow was pointed at Azael now.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

A New Kind of Crazy

Postby Azael on June 30th, 2014, 2:16 am

Azael had been occasionally catching sight of one of the hunters, a man to be precise. He wasn’t sure whether he had been spotted or not yet, but what could be so strange about a tiger holding a bag in his mouth? After one hour of following the man he was beginning to get tired, and he had basically lost sight of him completely, this wasn’t a very good idea now that he thought back on it, but then again what sort of ideas did he ever think were good by the end of it anyway? Well at least he’d finally have a good story to tell, that was actually true. I could change myrians with a rare never before seen creature….What should I call this then….

At this point he had basically slowed down into a walk, at this point he tensed up. The guys from before were circling him. ”I messed up real bad….I wonder if they’ll send my remains to my mum if I ask real nicely. And some people thought he was insane….

He saw the woman from before, but this time she didn’t look so kind. I messed up real real bad… Looks like the jig was up, now how could he talk his way out of the situation? Telling the truth probably did seem like the best idea, yep, that was definitely what he was going to go with. Especially since he didn’t like the idea of being skinned, well he’d have some fun trying to explain his situation, his ability to speak their language might be the only thing that could save him in this situation.

Azael slowly dropped the bag onto the floor before sitting on his hind legs carefully. He raised both of his paws as he slowly morphed back into his normal shape. It was a strange sight, to see his bones shift and his fur turn back into hairless skin. He exhaled rather loudly, before tensing up again. Hopefully he’d survive to explain his story. ”Sorry I Azael. My Myrian bad, I from Black Rock. I no take you for fool, can’t talk in tiger shape” He hoped that at least would diffuse tension. His skin was covered in sweat, and he was breathing a little harshly, things would hopefully not turn out too badly from this point on.

Having morphed with most of his clothes on, Azael’s trousers and underwear along with his shoes have ripped. So the bag was literally the only thing hiding his privacy, what luck. ”I can help hunt, tiger shape powerful, still small soon get big; other things I maybe can do is plan, my finding skill bad. “ He put a finger to his chin after he had finished speaking, hopefully he had conveyed what he needed to. But he did find speaking Myrian rather strange, he had never done it outside of a practice conversation.
Azael
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A New Kind of Crazy

Postby Traverse on July 3rd, 2014, 1:37 pm

Taloba held many Kelvic creatures, and all the fang members knew that Azael's transformation was not one such as that, which meant morphing. This was one of the more common and highly respected magics of Taloba, and it seemed the human's chosen animal form had helped him this day, for Myrians were fiercely proud of their tigers.

Mraari stepped forward, seemingly unalarmed by the mostly naked male in front of her, listening as he spoke in a poor version of Myrian. "Black Rock is a good city, we all respect Dira's domain." She glanced back and forth along her fangmates.

"What should we do with the tiger then? Bring him back, or leave him here to fend for himself?"

There was low muttering, heads turning towards each other out of earshot from Azael, curled up in the middle of the grouping. Finally one of the male's cleared his throat.

"Not very likely we find a barbarian in the wilds, even less so that we find one that can turn into a tiger, even a small baby one." There were a few chuckles at this. "Perhaps sign from Navre, perhaps Myri, if he is strong enough to last out here, he may make it in Taloba, if not?" He followed this comment with a shrug and a smile that suggested he didn't much care what happened to Azael after they brought him to the city.

Mraari looked around to see if this opinion was good enough for everyone in the circle, slowly everyone else gave a singular nod of agreement, and the fang leader and the rest of the fang sheathed their weapons. Someone threw a loin cloth at Azael to cover himself as a strong arm ripped him upwards.

"Up tiger, boy, we are your salvation now." Someone chuckled, someone barked out something that Azael couldn't understand with his grasp of Myrian, and then a singular piercing whistle had them forming up again. It should be noted that this time, with the presence of a stranger, and not quite prisoner, Azael was put int he middle fo the formation, and the fang did not spread out nearly as far, most of them keeping an eye on the man that could turn into a tiger. And it was like that that the Myrian fang began to proceed towards Taloba.

oocAlright the next post will be your last one, and I'll summarize your journey and give you a grade in my next post
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

A New Kind of Crazy

Postby Azael on July 5th, 2014, 6:47 am

Azael was feeling a good deal calmer at the moment, after having sort of been accepted by them he released a breath he didn’t even know he was holding, if only he could speak their language better; he’d grace them with one of his amazing stories. Just as he received a loin cloth; he found himself being lifted upward. That was nice, but before he did anything else it was loincloth time; he wrapped it around his waist and covered his private area, now he was comfortable again. ”Yes, who want hear story?” He asked as they seemed to get into a formation.

After thinking about it for a while, Azael thought that telling a story would be a good idea, language barrier be damned. He was going to share in his amazing skill and make them learn to love it too, unlike ungrateful birds. Finding them on the move again before he could think of anything to say, Azael began to move himself, thinking up the story to tell. It was going to be the greatest one yet! He took in a deep breath, there was no way anyone could hate one of his stories right? Only insane people did that, and they seemed to be perfec-. ”You guys great, back home I get trouble all time for naked walking.” He had forgotten all about that, now it was story time.

”Once a long time go, there are many things with name wofofo. Have hair all over except on finger, even eye have a hair. They smart, eat a lot, as I say. They hurt many city and people all over, then hero came he had amazing kick;....he kick so hard that mountain fall when he tap. He take on wofofo king; won, the end.” Azael said with a big grin on his face and throughout the story he made huge dramatic and hand signals. Especially with the kic- amazing kick. Having accidentally kicked a tree and held in his pain thus there was a pause.
Azael
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A New Kind of Crazy

Postby Traverse on July 19th, 2014, 3:43 pm

No one seemed particularly keen on Azael's story. He was allowed to tell it, but when it was done the only reactions were silence, and if Azael was to try to tell more stories while the fang moved through the jungle, he would find himself gagged for the remainder of the trip.

With the help of the fang it took nought but a few days for Azael to reach the city of bones. They were long days that tested his endurance, but he was allowed to hunt with the Myrians in his tiger form, and at dinner they would sometimes listen to his broken Myrian if he cared to speak, but only when they had made camp and were cooking food.

Taloba came suddenly, at first there was only thick foliage, adnthen suddenly , it was cleared away in a wide swathe and before him was a massive wall of wood, rock, and bones, skulls of every kind mounted up along the top of great wooden spikes. In front of the only entrance to the city stood two massive tigers, easily four times the size of his own morphed tiger form, a Myrian standing next to them each. Azael was guided through the narrow and dark entrance into the city of bones, where the fang said their farewells and went on their way towards the military barracks to report from their latest scouting mission. Azael was left alone to explore the city at his leisure, in a whole new world.

Azael

Skill XP Earned
Acrobatics 1 XP
Acting 2 XP
Endurance2 XP
Morphing 1 XP
Observation 3 XP
Persuasion 1 XP
Planning 1 XP
Stealth 1 XP
Storytelling 2 XP
Unarmed Combat 1 XP

Lores Earned
Encountering a Ya'Tago
Meeting a Myrian Fang
Mraari: Fang Leader
Trying a DIfferent Crowd for Storytelling
Getting Guided to Taloba

Yes, I Bite.

Additional Notes :
This was an interesting thread, and I'm interested to see what Azael does in the city. I want to note that for future threads it will require a more detailed description of morphing for me to award Azael XP in it. When looking for a job let Voodoo or I know and we will most certainly help you out!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous