A Whole New World (Gwen)

Tinnok is led to the tunnels of Zinrah where a new guard shows her around...sort of

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

A Whole New World (Gwen)

Postby Tinnok on June 21st, 2014, 2:31 pm

A Whole New World
32nd of Summer, 514 A.V.

Tinnok had never been engulfed in such darkness in her entire life. She had been in caves before, more than once, but wherever the Snake Goddess took her it was winding, harsh and utterly dark. She carried Tsuya in her arms, alternating between carrying her in her arms and having her wrap her arms around her neck, legs around her waist, the girl too weary to walk so far on her own.

Yet Tinnok’s injuries screamed, her body just as weary. Siku, however seemed to care little for the half breed’s plight, Caiyha might have all but forced her daughter to take the Witch into her city, but it didn’t mean she had to like it by any means. Too weary was the half breed to try to remember the entrance to the tunnel Siku led her through, though she would occasionally feel a cool breeze or a hot one that would suggest other connecting tunnels, and the fact that this great snake had access to an entire tunnel network that raced beneath much of Falyndar’s jungles.

Their breaks were infrequent, Tinnok getting a little water into Tsuya and herself before some sharp command from Siku would keep them going. The half breed was not aware that the journey only took her two days, since time was so distorted for her in a land beneath the ground.

What helped her get by, was the feeling of her new and expanded Gnosis. The rocks were not alive, but every bit of moss, or the strange blind creatures beneath the water she might sink her feet into seemed drawn to her. For a while a Nightmare bat perched upon her head and allowed her to see as it did, not with sight, but sound. One couldn’t use normal eyes in such extreme darkness, yet for a while her feet did not stumble, her legs trembling and collapsing beneath her as she carried the strange green haired girl that had been entrusted to her, mind voraciously tearing up the contents of the events that had happened to her in the past few days.

A fear also passed into her gut then, the fear of the Dhani. For years…no decades, she had been trained to fight them, raised to hate them despite the fact she held half of their blood in their veins. She had faith in Caiyha…but not Dhani. Would they truly keep themselves at bay knowing that behind her scaled flesh and yellow eyes lay a Myrian born and raised? When she thought of these things her body would twitch and she would hear Tsuya groan. She forced herself to push away these thoughts and focus on the here and now. Siku would ensure her survival if only for the fact that angering her Mother could be a dire mistake.

When they arrived in the large and lengthy network that made ‘Zinrah,’ Tinnok was not even aware, so weary was her body. They had stopped for a few bells, the witch curling up gratefully on a pile of damp moss, comforted by the soft and calming nature of a plant who would never glimpse Syna’s rays. She had eaten the last of her mangoes and almonds that morning, feeding them to a more conscious Tsuya, who had insisted on walking the rest of their journey.

One minute she was focused on the back of the serpent she had assumed was Siku, then she was surrounded by three towering Dhani, who looked…not so well. One slumped against a wall, drool coming out of its mouth, another was fiddling with its weapon, looking as if in a few chimes it could join the first one in blissful sleep. The third, however showed more promise. Dark eyes assessed Tinnok, and in return her yellow eyes turned to this Dhani. She opened her mouth to speak in Myrian, then paused, realizing that could be a colossal error on her first chime within the confines of Zinrah, she would have to suffice with her broken common.

“Hello. I Tinnok. I am Witch of Caiyha, was shown the way here from Siku. This is Tsuya, daughter of Caiyha.” She wasn’t sure if this was a completely accurate statement, Tsuya wasn’t a biological daughter, but such a claim was hard to deny when the girl stepped forward to inspect the Dhani, bright green eyes almost matching her flowing green hair. She offered a hand towards the hulking snake as if she was just another person passing in the street, her common far better than Tinnok’s.

“I am Tsuya and this is Tini! Siku was nice enough to show us here after mama told her too. I have never been in a cave before, but I think I already like it. What’s your name?”

The half breed’s eyes assessed the young girl’s incredulously, wondering where this energy had been a day or so prior…

Word Count815

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Whole New World (Gwen)

Postby Norahsshaagwen on June 22nd, 2014, 6:32 pm

There had been rumor of yet more half-breeds coming to the cave city. This one held traces of awe and disgust though. Part Myrian they said, permission of the Goddesses. Gwen did not believe a word of it, only had snorted in pure digested rage at someone bedding the foul would-be warriors. All the same she had been posted at the entrance to the city in case the witch should make it all the way there. But she was not on her own, two others joined her. For the first day they had taken turns, now they curled and hissed at each other in agitation or slept.

The day was different until one wished to leave. A female guard who was guard far longer than Gwen and probably could leave with little trouble but Gwen was having none of it. "If you try, I will ssstrike you, ssstupid female!"

"Try it, sssnakeling. This one'sss asleep, you're awake and no half-blood would make it. Sssikusss blessssing or no...not point in usss both ssstaying."

"Then I ssshould leave, you are the elder guard I...don't want to ssstay." She whined in annoyance. The other guard only brandished her weapon, an action that Gwen mirrored. "I want sssleep! You are not...only one...who needsss ressst!"

They continued on until both realized it was pointless since neither could be bothered to move and insults had dried up into hissing and ignoring. "The witch will never make it." Gwen said. There was no reply for chimes until they heard breathing. No one jumped to attention, in fact, the other female didn't even bother to look. Gwen turned her head to at least say she had checked and found herself straightening.

In front of her stood that very half-breed. Myrian in appearance except the eyes and perhaps her skin which flashed in a way that could be sweat or scales. Such an impromptu meeting, along with a small child for food startled Gwen out of her stupid stupor. Her body moved forward, curious despite the digest but she made no move to attack, rather, she nodded with heavy wave of her head. Witch of a Goddess and Siku had lead her here. A faint sense of betrayal was directed at Caiyha for forcing such a task up on her Siku. But Gwen would not dishonor her Siku by completely ignoring the newest addition to her city.

However, her introduction was cut short by the little snack stepping forward. Gwen stared at the hand but was more surprised by the fact that it could speak. It seconded the claim to being Caiyhas child. The Dhani lowered her head to inspect the snack closer. Like the half-breed she was strange with her coloring but still just a snack-sized human to Gwen's eyes. All the same she was amused by the childs fearlessness, it was why she allowed her hand to enclose around the tiny one. Her Common matched the half-breeds more than the little snacks. "My name Gwen, little ssnack...you like cavess? I sshow you cavess."

After she released the small hand Gwen returned her focus to the half-breed, Tinnok. For a few ticks it was hard to put together thoughts besides dislike, the murkiness in her mind dulling the words. "I sshow the way, pick place and we go, Caiyhass witch...watch sstepss." There was a laugh in her voice that clearly said she would enjoy Tinnok falling on a stalactite. And without waiting for them to really pick where to go, Gwen began to lead them farther into the tunnel leisurely. There was a nagging thought in the back of her mind, something to do with directions but she couldn't remember what it was.
Last edited by Norahsshaagwen on June 26th, 2014, 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snake-Tongue * Myrian * Common
Norahsshaagwen
Can I Taste You?

Words: 10621
Joined roleplay: June 13th, 2014, 4:20 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

A Whole New World (Gwen)

Postby Tinnok on June 25th, 2014, 1:21 pm

Tinnok’s body went rigid as the serpent reached her hand to enclose Tsuya’s much smaller one. Every instinct in her body told her to grab Tsuya and flee, that despite what Caiyha had said that she and her charge couldn’t be safe here. But instead of violence the large constrictor just chuckled in amusement at the green haired girl.

“Gwen. That’s a nice name!” Tsuya said excitedly, clearly in awe of how large the Constrictor’s hand was compared to her own. “And yes, I would like to see all of the caves!”

Tinnok took a more measured pace forward, glancing at Gwen with the same uncertainty and latent racism that the Dhani had for her. “Need somewhere, deep…far from…most others.” She said uncertainly. She didn’t want to offend the guard by saying that she wanted to be as far from other Dhani as possible, but it seemed like the safest option, and she was sure the Constrictors of Zinrah’s tunnels would prefer to have the tainted half breed Witch out of sight and mind as well.

When Gwen started slithering down the tunnels, Tsuya skipped happily afterward, their way lighted now by glow stones that had been absent before. Tinnok proceeded slower, glancing back at the two collapsed guards, wondering at their state of mind. Was that how all serpents behaved in the tunnels? She had heard the Dhani were ruthless taskmasters, though some stories spoke of their sloth and laziness…Three individuals didn’t seem enough to judge, however, so Tinnok glanced down at the rocky surface of the tunnel, trying not to trip and fall and make the Dhani guiding them laugh at her.

Meanwhile Tsuya was having the time of her life. Stopping here to peer at moss, picking up the glow stones only to replace them carefully precisely where they belonged. She dashed ahead through the tunnels only to stop, consider the fact that she didn’t know where to go, and would then wait for the large Constrictor to catch up.

“Where do you live, Gwen?” She asked, drawing even with the Constrictor as Tinnok picked her way behind the two, listening intently as she walked.

Word Count358

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)