A Walk with a Wolf (Redd)

Scarlet meets Redd and asks her for directions around Ravok.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Scarlet Rose on June 28th, 2014, 8:36 pm

20th of Summer, 514 AV

Scarlet’s room at Tarsin’s Boarding House was nothing spectacular, she had a small bed and a small storage chest and that was it. She didn’t need much else and she couldn’t afford much else in a long term fashion if she planned on traveling after Ravok should she not find a possible match for her sister. The bed smelt slightly, not that it wasn’t kept up to par for what a passing by stranger would need but that didn’t stop it from smelling like its previous inhabitants. Generally people who couldn’t afford more than a poor room didn’t bathe often which was really a shame when it came to a lady staying in a room. Over all the Inn was nice, smells happened and it was just something that you had to deal with or get out and considering it was in a favorable location for the city she wasn’t about to get out.

The red head pulled on one leather boot at a time and wiggled her toes in them to settle the shoes comfortably before she began lacing them up tight around her calves. She let her hair hang loose like most days, the curls only slightly misbehaving today as they clung to her dry parted lips while she bent at the waist to deal with her shoes. Licking her lips she spat out a huff of air trying to dislodge the strands until she finally gave up and pulled them away with rough fingertips in a flick of annoyance. In a fluid motion Scar stood up and looked around the room quickly to make sure everything was put away in the storage chest. With her journal and her scarce personal belongings tucked away the girl exited the room and locked it up behind herself.

She had no idea where to start looking since she only arrived in the city the day before but maybe someone in the lobby to direct her somewhere or give her a map or something. Scar’s room was only on the first floor so she simply had to travel the hallway until she found herself at the hub of the building where people were checking in, out or just plain passing through. There were several people here, mostly men, and the woman kept herself to the side of the room like a fly on the wall trying to scout out for the perfect one to talk that might be the most likely to help her. Men were too unpredictable; they would either hit on her or just think she was some brainless lass who they didn’t need to pay attention to or help. A woman was ideal; a woman was more likely to help her if she picked the right one.

Her golden eyes landed on each person in turn until she spotted a dash of red brindled hair, perhaps it was the red hair that started her forward or the fact that the girl was one of the few that didn’t make Scar want to punch them on sight. Either way she pushed away from her wall that she had clung to and made her way over with sure steps before she cleared her throat in a way to get attention “Excuse me … Would I be able to trouble you a moment?” Yes, polite words Scar … polite is good. She flashed the taller girl a smile that wasn’t exactly innocent but it was definitely on the friendlier end of the scale. If the woman didn’t scoff and turn away to ignore her Scar would add on with an attempted hint of humility “I just was wondering if you’d be able to tell me if there were any places people typically … hung out … here in Ravok?” she didn’t hide the fact she was new to the city hoping it might urge the other girl to answer.

Do you want the truth or something beautiful? Just close your eyes and make believe.
Do you want the truth or something beautiful? I am happy to deceive you.
Secrets, lies, and falling veils I can be who you want me to be.
Scarlet Rose
One day I'll be the best.

Words: 43868
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2014, 1:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Redd on June 29th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Redd's haze hues, flickered around her form as she viewed the people within the lobby of Tarsin's Boarding House, most of them were men and she shifted upon her bare feet inching away from the people as she was going to head for the door. It was odd for the lobby to be so full, perhaps it was that odd fish that everyone kept talking about. She didn't see why everyone was making such a big fuss, if it was doing them harm, why didn't they just lure it out with some bait and then kill it with their weapons. Ravok was populated enough, so they could just simply surround it maybe?

A shrug of her shoulders was given at this as she re-adjusted the red scarf around her neck to keep the leather collar from view. She didn't want most people to know that she was kelvic, it avoided questions like, what kind of kelvic are you? Oh, you're a wolf? Don't eat me! She hadn't brought up the fact that she was a wolf to anyone, rather she had kept it silent, for the simple fact being, that she didn't want people running and screaming. Most people tend to stop at the words, 'Oh, you're a kelvic.' While she didn't deny it half the time and she knew that she was one, it just took a little bit of time to adjust to the word itself.

Finally, she adjusted the black cloak upon her form so then it wasn't lop-sided. Underneath, all she wore was a simple black shirt and a pair of pants, she disliked shoes, they felt too clompy and odd under her feet. The young woman preferred to feel the ground underneath her feet, even if it was just the streets of Ravok, it was home now and she had to get used to it. However, that didn't stop her from missing the open plains and the trees as the wind played through the leaves. There also wasn't as many people here, half the time she still half expected to have a weapon thrust at her, even with the half black sun tattooed upon the back of her hand.

Her hearing picked up the sound of a throat clearing and it sounded some-what close, so she turned around to face another red headed woman, although her hair was more of a straight reddish colour than her own brindled red. Angling her head, she then quickly glanced around her own form to make sure that the smaller woman was indeed talking to her. She was about four inches smaller maybe? “Excuse me … Would I be able to trouble you a moment?” She wanted to talk to her about something? She shifted upon her feet nervously as she gave a nod of her head. Redd would help as best as she could, but, she had only been within Ravok's wall for less than a season, so she wasn't sure whether she would be able to answer the woman's question or not.

“I just was wondering if you’d be able to tell me if there were any places people typically … hung out … here in Ravok?” Hung out? Did she mean, where people went to gather in groups to enjoy food and drink? Her hazel hues flickered over the other woman's appearance for a moment, as she pondered upon the woman's question. She was oddly dressed really, or maybe it was simply because she had gotten used to her master's appearance, dressed in all black, much like herself. This woman before her was dressed in a brown shirt and green pants, it reminded her of the colours of the wild. The brown fertile earth and the grass that sprouted upwards from it as each winter passed. Finally she responded to the woman, her tone soft, as she very rarely felt the need to shout, "Well... You could try The Spot."

It was fairly populated on most days. Redd had only stuck her head in a couple of times, just out of mere curiousity, but with the amount of people that was in there, she would find it hard to not become slightly defensive. Especially seeing as she was on her own most of the time that she went wandering around Ravok's streets and she didn't want to break her master's trust by chewing down upon someone's throat out of denfense. She lifted her right hand, so then it could trace over the half black sun tattooed upon the back of her pale, left hand. "I'm not exactly sure how else I could help you, but I could show you the way. I've been there a couple of times... But not for very long."

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Scarlet Rose on July 1st, 2014, 3:36 pm

Scar took in the woman’s appearance as she waited for a response; she tracked the nervous shift of her weight with her her eyes and then took in her clothes. Unsure if she was going to answer or not for Scar’s rather random approach the shorter woman noted the lack of shoes on her feet. Why isn’t she wearing shoes? The thought etched itself curiously into her mind but before she could even consider any reasons the woman’s soft voice impeded the process and Scar’s eyes were drawn back up to meet her hazel gaze. "Well... You could try The Spot." The Spot, well that’s a lame name for a place …

The movement of the other woman’s hand to trace over a tattoo on the back of her hand drew Scar’s attention briefly though the woman spoke again and Scar nodded silently to her words. Reaching up she ran a hand through her own red waves and smiled
“I’m Scar.” She offered with the assumption that they should probably exchange names if they would be walking around the city together. Briefly the thought that she should probably care if the woman was in the middle of doing something crossed her mind but she pushed it away. The other red head offered her help so Scar wasn’t going to pass it up if it meant getting closer to finding a spot or a person that may reveal if her sister was in the city or not.

“Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.” She shifted her own wait for a moment feeling slightly awkward before she shrugged a shoulder and let out a breath of air that seemed to be a hint of a laugh to break her own awkwardness. “What’s your name?” With a perked brow Scar shifted a step backwards to start heading towards the exit of Tarsin’s as she talked, and hopefully before the woman changed her mind on showing her around the city. “I just arrived in Ravok yesterday so I’m a bit lost … also I’m honestly horrible with directions.” She tried to make conversation with the woman though she was rather horrible at small talk so she smoothed out her shirt along her waist while she pushed past a group of burly looking men. When one grunted at her she just rolled her eyes at him and glanced back to make sure her new found tour guide was following before she stepped out of Tarsin’s and off to the side so she wasn’t right in the doorway of the building.

“Lead the way.” She would offer the other woman when they stood side by side. With a casual twist of her hips she would follow whatever direction the other red head started in and she’d let a silence fall between them for now unless her companion decided to break it. Scar’s mind swirled with excitement, the possibility that this woman might actually be showing her the place that she may later find some information or leads on the location of the sister she never met before. It didn’t escape Scar’s notice that this woman was also a red head and finally she’d ask after several chimes “Do you live at Tarsin’s?”

Do you want the truth or something beautiful? Just close your eyes and make believe.
Scarlet Rose

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Redd on July 4th, 2014, 1:24 pm

"I'm scar" She angled her head as she heard the name leave the other woman's lips. It was an interesting name for Ravok, however Scar had asked her for directions around Ravok, so perhaps she wasn't a local of Ravok. Well, that makes two of us, she thought to herself as the woman thanked her for her help. She hadn't exactly helped her yet, so why was she thanking her now? “What’s your name?” Her name? Oh! she had basically forgotten that she was supposed to give a name after one had introduced themselves or upon meeting someone. It was a strange human activity that Redd still didn't understand, especially seeing as they might not ever meet again after the first meeting. Her hazel hues watched Scar head for the door for a brief moment before she too followed the other woman out towards the door, her following words only confirming what she had other wise assumed. “I just arrived in Ravok yesterday so I’m a bit lost … also I’m honestly horrible with directions.”

Redd took note of the fact that Scar was easily able to push passed a few burly men and Redd slipped passed them herself, making sure to keep following her closely out the door of Tarsin's and onto the street. “Lead the way.” Lead? She wasn... Oh, she remembered that she was supposed to be showing Scar the way again and she ducked her head, adverting her gaze so then they peered down the streets. After a pause and feeling like nothing was going to jump out at her, she began to quietly walk down the street, tugging at the edges of her cloak. This whole human thing was just so... Complicated on so many levels. So many rules and the clothes never always stayed the way she wanted it to. Kinda like her scarf. Occasionally the material would shift and would un-cover the leather collar that it was hiding. She briefly hoped that it would stay the way she wanted it to, today.

“Do you live at Tarsin’s?” She blinked and shook her head, oh right, she owed the woman answers to her questions. If it was her master, he probably would have reprimanded her, but she was generally pretty good when it came to interacting with him. It was just strangers that she tended to go quiet around, for she didn't really know whether they were truly friend or foe. "Sorry... I... Well... She couldn't exactly explain to the woman that she was a three year old kelvic that didn't exactly have a full grasp on civilization yet. "My name is Redd... Well, that's what people call me anyway." She nodded her head, that's a great start, she said to herself as she lightly bit down upon her bottom lip, not really wanting to slice her own lip open with her own teeth. "I'm not really a ravokian myself, I only arrived inside of Ravok last season. It can be pretty confusing at first, but I tend to go out every day just so then I can learn the layout of Ravok better.

She had used the phrase inside of Ravok, because she had been living on the outside of Ravok for most of her life, never venturing into the walls... Till last season. "I only live at Tarsin's because of my master. I... Used to live somewhere else, but for me to be saved, I had to become his slave." She avoided using the word kelvic, but seeing as she had the tattoo upon the back of her hand, it wasn't as if she could lie about being a slave. She didn't really lie about any thing really, she tried not to and she most definitely didn't lie to or about her master. However, she would occasionally try to leave out information when talking about certain topics. Her hazel gaze drifted towards the other red headed woman, she was... different, or maybe it was because of some other feeling that she had. Scar was human, but she didn't treat Redd like she was a plague upon the earth like most humans did.

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Scarlet Rose on July 6th, 2014, 1:35 pm

Scarlet noted the silence from the other woman though she didn’t seem to mind, it wasn’t uncomfortable to her and she would let it stretch as long as the woman wanted it to. Reaching up the human woman would run a hand through her hair and part a few tangled waves before she glanced at her companion when she finally did open her mouth to speak. Redd, her name was Redd and Scarlet’s name was Scarlet. They were both versions of the same color and both had red hair, the knowledge made Scar start laughing openly, her hand going to her side and her steps slowing as she doubled over slightly in her own amusement.
“I’m … I’m sorry…” she would wave a hand at her guide and catch her breath after a tick before she explained herself “….My name is Scarlet, Scar for short and also because of my scars.” She grinned from ear to ear honestly finding the information hilarious. “Get it? You’re Redd and I’m Scarlet … Scarlet Rose actually, sorry but we both have red hair … looks like people aren’t to creative doesn't it?” She teased lightly and winked at Redd before she quickened her steps to catch up to walk alongside her.

“Well it’s nice to meet you Redd.” She would let her rosey lips settle into a smirk and her interest perked in the taller girl the longer she spoke. “Oh were you traveling long before you came to Ravok?” Her head tilted, unspoken questions bouncing around in her head. She wasn’t going to bombard the woman with questions as that would probably just scare her off considering her original favoritism towards quiet. Though perhaps she was quiet because she had just been approached by a random person to ask her to show her around to the popular locations in the city. Yeah that probably wasn’t something that happened every day in this city, or any city really. Usually people went to a city with some knowledge of it or with traveling companions where they could figure out the layout a as a group but well Scar hadn’t so here she was bugging a girl named for a similar hair color she was.

It was the next words that made Scar purse her lips, the woman was owned by a man. She was a slave. That information didn’t settle well in Scar’s stomach, not that she had a problem with the woman she more had a problem with the thought process of slave and Master. Letting the information settle between them she just followed Redd’s steps for a while allowing herself to become wrapped up in her own thoughts for several chimes.
“Saved?” She finally asked with curiosity rather then disgust dripping from her tone before she waved a hand, whether it was an apology for her question or just a gesture out be unclear. “Well I suppose if you’re happy that’s what matters yeah?”

With a shrug she looked around where they were walking trying to memorize the path so she could visit the place she was being led to at night. “Do you go to this place you’re taking me to?” Scar glanced to the woman beside her then, taking in her appearance. She knew her sister would be young but she also had heard about the Kelvic’s aging ability and it made her realize she actually didn’t know what age her own sister would appear to be right now. For all she knew her little sister, by 16ish years, could look to be about her own age or maybe even older? For all Scar knew her little sister was now her ‘big sister’ in the eyes of human and that thought process just confused her to no end. Shaking her head to herself she looked back to the path they were taking so she wouldn’t get lost on her here next time.

[/color][/indent]

Scarlet Rose

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Redd on July 7th, 2014, 8:36 am

Scar had doubled over as laughter seemed to bubble from her lips and Redd had stopped to watch this, her lips parting in surprise. Had she said something funny? Laughter... She hadn't heard that sweet sound since last spring and before then, she hadn't heard it at all. It was different as last spring, she was laughing with someone and now she was being laughed at? She tried to think over her past words, trying to search for the funny phrase that had been spoken. “I’m … I’m sorry…” Stammered the other woman as she looked like she was trying to regain her breath and Redd angled her head to the right. “….My name is Scarlet, Scar for short and also because of my scars.” Her hazel hues watching Scar as she grinned from one ear to the other, it suited her very well, the grin made things seem lighter and it made Redd want to join in on the humour, but she wasn't exactly sure what that humour was. Redd had seen a partial scar on the right side of Scar's neck, but that was in between when she would run her fingers through her hair. It actually made her wonder how she had gotten it in the first place, was she in a fight?

“Get it? You’re Redd and I’m Scarlet … Scarlet Rose actually, sorry but we both have red hair … looks like people aren't to creative doesn't it?” Scarlet also meant the colour red? But Redd had gotten it and a small giggle parted her own lips. "I can't explain how that happened, but I don't know the name my parents gave me, so I just named myself. You're parents must not like naming children. She giggled again as she shook her head. So far, she had met people with names that didn't resemble colours and then she had met this woman, Scarlet Rose and it was the colour of red, like her name was. They both even had the same hair colour in a way, although Redd's hair had black and brown and a couple of white hairs, it was predominantly red though.

The other woman had asked her if she had been travelling long before she came to Ravok and Redd wasn't exactly sure how to answer that. Other questions were also asked that she didn't know whether she should answer. They crossed a bridge over a canal, her gaze drifting to the water for a brief moment before carrying on in her steps. "Well... I guess you could say I was travelling a long time before I reached Ravok. I was travelling for most of my life really, I don't mind being in one place now, it's calming in a way I guess. She paused as she glanced down a street and turned down it, she had to occasionally stop to make sure that she was going the right way. She couldn't always rely upon scents within this city or so she had found out. She didn't know how to answer the happy question, she got stared at a lot, people looked down at her for being what she was and no one never trusted her. Her hand lifted to press against her leather collar that was covered by her scarf, she wasn't exactly sure whether her own master fully trusted her at all. So instead of answering it, she decided to avoid the question, it was much easier to avoid it rather than answer it and have an awkward conversation about it. Besides, she couldn't fully trust this human could she? The names and the hair must be a coincidence, that was all. She was human and Redd was... Well, she was kelvic.

Redd shook her head at the woman's last question, "No, I don't. I only know that it's there because I've passed it a couple of times. It's... Too crowded for me I guess, besides, I don't have any mizas to spend, so there really isn't any point in me going there. Plenty of..." She was about to say humans, but had caught herself before the word spilled onto her lips. If she said humans, then the stranger might catch her out on it. "...People go there, so if you're used to that, it'll be fun." Fun, another strange word upon her lips. Apparently, her kind of fun, chasing and killing wasn't exactly the definition of fun to some people. However, something about the other woman's words made her wonder something. She had come to Ravok, but what for? "So.. Why did you come to Ravok? It's dangerous at the moment. There is apparently, some kind of dangerous beast in the water."

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Scarlet Rose on July 22nd, 2014, 7:52 pm

The design of Ravok’s canals and pathways were enough to make Scar’s head spin, she was convinced that things were always changing even if this wasn’t the truth. Never having the experience of exploring a city she hadn’t grown up in before was a lesson all in its self. Slowly she was figuring out that she needed to take things in baby steps but even baby steps were getting her lost every other turn. The walk with Redd was proving slightly educational at least, she found the sure steps of the taller woman allowed her to look around and get her bearings so that she didn’t get lost when she tried to find this place again. Plus she knew she would probably want a drink after a long day pretty soon so this walk was beneficial in more than one way.

Scar’s laughter subsided slightly, the amusement however left a shadow of itself on her lips while she glanced towards the woman beside her with an arched brow. “You named yourself?” Scar had never heard of that before, as far as she knew everyone she met was given a name by a parent or guardian. Nicknames were unique but they were still given by others and adopted by the person, just like her nickname of Scar. She would never just randomly call herself scar even with her past wounds but she did find the name fit her more than her given name. There was something about the way that Redd had stated she named herself that made Scar study her quietly until the tail end of her sentence where she laughed. “My father wasn’t exactly a man with much brain.”

When Redd began talking about all the travel she did, for what Scar could only assume was over a decade, the fighter fought hard not to make a face. She had done the rather short trip, compared to others, from Nyka to Ravok and she already hated traveling she couldn’t imagine doing it for long periods of time. “Must be much more calming, I didn’t travel nearly that length of time but I am already dreading the thought of traveling again in the future.” Shaking her head red curls bounced and she reached out to tame them as they tried to overtake her face.

A casual shrug graced Scar’s shoulders to the comment of having no Miza’s. What was she supposed to say to that? The woman was a slave, and while that didn’t bother Scar really, it was not something she was used to. Scar figured everyone had their places in society from the lowest slave to the fat bellied pigs who typically ran the cities of the world. She was in no position to judge when she didn’t actually have a path set out for herself. “I came to visit family. I have no idea where they actually are in the city but I figure I'll find them if I search enough.” Scar paused and tilted her head with a frown, she had only been in the city a night and she hadn’t heard these whisperings yet “A monster in the water?” She looked over at Redd as they walked “What do you mean?” That was just what she needed to hear, she had no idea how to swim and there was a monster in the water of a city built on water.
Scarlet Rose

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Redd on August 3rd, 2014, 4:15 pm

As the other woman laughed, Redd couldn’t help but laugh a little beside her, there was just something about sharing a laugh with someone that made the moment that much more unique in its own right. Laughter was something that Redd was beginning to associate with a light environment. The first time that she had met her master, they had shared in laughter, but that was the last time that they ever did. He was just devoted to teaching her now, trying to shape her to be more human rather than animal. However, Redd was much more used to being animal than trying to fit in with civilization. The human world was just… Mysterious really, peoples said and did things which sometimes meant other things. Wolves were not so complicated, they lived life as simple as possible and when they did something, they meant it. It was then that the young wolf began to wonder if this conversation that she was having with this strange woman was genuine, or was she doing the human thing of saying one thing but meaning something else entirely. Redd figured that by the way the woman walked and simply spoke, that she wasn’t doing that human thing, but as she casted a side-ways glance, she still couldn’t help that seed of small doubt.

It was then that her shoulders lifted and fell in a shrug. ”I quite liked being outside the city walls. Don’t get me wrong, the wilds have their dangers… Her words dragged off as she remembered the pain of the claws slicing through the skin of her side. The dull pain of her healing ribs, also served as a reminder of how dangerous it could be, however, she just didn’t see the plus sides of living in a city. It had its own dangers. ”But, if you look in the right places and try to listen to your surroundings, the wilds can tell you a great deal about what’s around you. It makes the experience much more pleasing, that I can tell you with certainty.” She offered a smile and a nod to Scar, briefly brushing back the red locks that had fallen over her shoulder. One day, she would ask her master to see if she could get her hair cut, she had seen humans with shorter hair and figured that it might be better if she got her own locks cut.

Her gaze then drifted back to the streets before them and she made another turn, as she thought over what Scar had said about family. The young wolf only knew a wolf family, but even now that was no longer an option. She no longer had family and she couldn’t really say that her own mother was family, because she had tossed her out at the age of two months. Tossed her out like an unwanted dog and she was chased out of Nyka by children with stones. She unconsciously lifted a hand to rub at the underside of her jaw, sometimes, the memory still felt like it was still happening to her. Maybe it was, but on a different level and she dropped her hand at this as her thoughts drifted to the other topic at hand. Her shoulders lifted and fell in a simple shrug then as she thought about the monster in the water. ”I’m just a slave, so I only hear little bits about news and I don’t always get the full details. However, I heard someone say that there is a monster in the water, some people got eaten and some people are now afraid of going out on the water in their boats. I think that the water monster is there so then people can get eaten. Kind of like the deer to the wolves. Someone must be prey to a predator and sometimes, even the predator can become prey to others.”

Slowly, the young wolf looked back at the woman as her footsteps came to a stop, angling her head a little as she pondered back over Scar’s words, there was something that she was sure that she had yet to address and she had in truth forgotten it, until she finally did remember. Scar had asked if she had named herself. Redd wasn’t exactly sure why the stranger had asked such a thing, to her it seemed normal. Otherwise, what name do you tell people when your own mother didn’t give you one? It was then that she continued on her path along the streets, her gaze drawn to the actual street underneath her bare feet. What was she to say? That her mother hated her and so didn’t give her a proper name? ”Yeah… I named myself. I can’t remember the name that my mother gave me… Or if she even gave me one to begin with. It was…” Her words trailed off as she looked upwards, she was about to say a couple of years ago, but if Scar thought that she was older than that, wouldn’t it be a more than a couple of years ago? ”It was a long time ago, so I named myself after my hair.”

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Scarlet Rose on August 6th, 2014, 1:23 pm

The steps of the women eventually brought them to the entrance of The Spot and Scar looked the place over with a critical eye. She didn’t really know what she expected but she was definitely curious to get a better glance of the inside. Scar tore her eyes from the location and looked back at Redd with a smile “I’ll have to try that sometime. Maybe I’ll venture somewhere and just sit and listen to see what I can pick up one day – thanks for the advice.” Filing the advice away in her mind she tilted her head at Redd and smiled. Scar believed in being prepared for different situations and if trying this blind listening would be something that helped her fight better then she sure as petch was going to try to implement it.

The conversation shifted towards the monster of the lake and she couldn’t help but perk a brow at the rumors that were circulating. “That sounds ridiculous, how deep can this lake be? To have a monster big enough and it hasn’t been caught?” Scar shook her head, she didn’t know much about Ravok and the lake did seem pretty deep but still that didn’t seem something feasible. “Did people really get eaten or did they just go missing?” It wasn’t that she didn’t believe Redd, but she didn’t believe Redd. Shaking her head her red curls bounced with the motion as if they were punctuating her own disbelief. “Can’t people just dredge the lake? Is that what it’s called? Where you sweep the lake to capture stuff. Whatever the petch that is called.” Scar frowned lightly “That seems like a smart course of action so people can use their boats anyways.”

It was probable that Redd didn’t know the answers to her questions, being a slave and all but that didn’t stop Scar from asking them. Glancing back towards The Spot she smirked and then turned to Redd “Well Redd head would you like to join me in my mission to find the truth?!” A beat up hand reached up to shake a fist at the sky as if she was challenging the gods to stop her from finding her sister. “I have people to find and ale to drink!” The human girl didn’t actually like ale, she drank it to fit in when she was in a bar but the taste wasn’t particularly appealing to her. It was an act so she didn’t stand out, waitresses tended to get fed up much faster with someone who wasn’t buying their ale and tipping them.
Scarlet Rose

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Redd on August 6th, 2014, 2:38 pm

Redd angled her head to the right as they came to a stop at the door of the establishment called The Spot and listened as the woman known as Scar talked about the lake and the monster within. In truth, Redd couldn’t comment too much on it, only from what she had heard from the gossiping humans that made their way through Ravok, not really paying attention to who may be silently observing from afar. She was glad that she had pretty good hearing, for it meant that she didn’t have to be so close to people to hear what they were talking about. However, if she wanted to listen in on someone specific, she had to really focus upon them due to the amount of people talking. ”From what I heard, they really got eaten,” She said with a nod, before a simple smirk fell onto her lips. ”In truth, I don’t know how deep the lake is, for I haven’t decided to go drown in it yet.” She shook her head at this before her hazel gaze drifted away from the stranger. The young wolf still wasn’t sure whether she should trust this stranger, however, Redd had noted that Scar liked jokes, so she had made an attempt at one. Some might have found that the joke had been made in poor taste, but Redd had been on the brink of death a couple of times already, so to her, it was just another part of life.

She glanced up at the sign that hung above the door before she shook her head, ”I’d prefer to not go inside… It’s too crowded for me, besides, I don’t think Master Elias would appreciate me heading inside of a bar, when I should be learning to read better.” She nodded her head at this as her gaze returned back to the other red-head and she offered a smile towards her. ”For now, I guess this is where we part ways, for I should be getting back to my studies.” She paused, she wasn’t sure whether she should say that she hoped to meet the stranger again. She had heard it was human custom to tell the other person that they hoped to cross paths again, whether they meant it or not was the next question. However, the longer she hesitated, the longer Scar couldn’t search for her family member or members, the woman hadn’t exactly mentioned how many she was searching for. Not wanting to take up any more of Scar’s time she said a farewell. ”Good bye, I hope that you find who-ever you are looking for.” With that she turned and walked away, for there was no need for Redd to be lingering outside of The Spot, not that she really had to go back to the room at Tarsin’s straight away either. Perhaps she might take a longer path back to Tarsin’s, just to burn a few daylight hours.

Common | Thoughts
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes