PM to join [Harbour] Don't Get Caught In The Rain

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Harbour] Don't Get Caught In The Rain

Postby Gilva Snowsong on July 14th, 2014, 12:27 am

Upon hearing that a panther was a cat, a lightbulb went off in his head. Panther and Cheetah were foreign words to him, after all he had never encountered one in Avanthal. But cats were a common namesake. If they were as similar to cats as they claimed to be, then surely they couldn't be that threatening. This thought was quickly erased from his mind, since he had realized that he had entirely skipped over the fact that they were large . The boy came to the conclusion, that the two people before him were Kelvics. After all, they claimed to be things that did not contain the names of the common races.

Gilva recalled one other time where he had met someone who had been as fascinated with the ocean as these two seemed to be, though he did not share their enthusiasm. An ocean was simply that, an ocean. Words and actions had enticed the boy, so he failed to recognize beauty that was presented in any other form. The rain however, was a much more curious thing in that its presence had completely surprised him. Gilva had absolutely no warning that Zeltiva experienced this type of warning, and it was only because of his habit of wearing his cloak that he was able to avoid getting wet and perhaps catching a cold.

Gilva had never heard of Eyktol before, but Ronin's description of it had caught his attention. It sounded like the exact opposite of Avanthal. The boy made a mental note to avoid going there anytime soon. The revelation of meat was a curious sight, in that the girl had only offered some Ronin. He figured that this must have been a kelvic custom to which outsiders were not permitted to take part in. Though it was subtle, the boy managed to catch that the way Zasantha looked at Ronin, was a bit different than the way she...or anyone...had looked at him. It was making him feel uncomfortable to know that no matter how hard he tried, he would not be able to become the center of attention in this particular situation.

"The rain doesn't to be letting up anytime soon, so I'll be on my way." The boy spoke. He then indicated towards Zasantha, "For future reference...you may want to change your clothing just a bit...there's someone else that looks eerily similar to you..."

Gilva stepped out from the shelter of the building, and instantly became pelted by the rain. It was fortunate that he lived close to the docks, over on West Street, but he figured that he might as well walk as slow as possible just so that he could savor the fact that he had finally stepped outside of his cottage. Fear had kept him locked inside, but now it was a form of respect that was sending him back. Respect for what he inappropriately assumed to be a cultural tradition. Respect, misplaced or not, marked a difference in the boy. Perhaps having his ego harmed, wasn't so bad after all. .
Vani | Common
Gilva Snowsong
Player

Words: 53665
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2014, 11:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Ronin Invictus on July 17th, 2014, 9:40 pm

Ronin listened idly to the panther kelvic as she spoke to Gilva and him. He could detect the malice in her voice at which he yawned at in a slightly over exaggerated way. When Zasthansa mentioned drowning in the ocean and glanced at the steadily rising tide Ronin thought for a moment about getting to higher ground, he didn't see any immediate danger though.

He took the wolf scrap offered to him without a second thought, voicing his thanks promptly, chewing on the dried meat. He chuckled lightly at her attempt at a joke, nothing more interesting occurring. His attention flickered back to Gilva though as he started to say his farewells, walking back out into the rain, he remembered he forgot to ask him something!

"Zasthansa here also reminded me of someone else i knew, mostly because of her clothing, who is it exactly you were looking for?" he asked inclining his head towards the boy with the spear, now having finished his wolf meat.
Ronin Invictus
Player

Words: 45120
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 12:02 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Zasantha on July 22nd, 2014, 12:32 am

The rain appeared to be making no attempt at stopping, or even slowing down, and large portions of the docks had been swamped under the weight of the deluge. The dark haired woman supressed a shudder in view of so much water. The only thing water was good for was cleaning and fishing as far as she was concerned; it wasn't good for drowning in that was for sure.

The young fellow rambled on a little bit, she observed, and almost breathed a sigh of relief when he said he was leaving. On thing he said stuck out to her though, who in Zeltiva was the same as her? Impossible she decided. In her time here she'd not seen anyone look even remotely similar to her, perhaps the boy was mistaken, except the other Kelvic also seemed interested in this other person.

She turned and look at him, her eyebrows raised slightly, this was a conversation she really did want to be a fly on the wall for. Although the rain was a damper on her spirits abd she was sure it would be much better to be hiding in her apartment out of the petching wetness. "Yes, who is this other black beauty?" She added, eyes staring off out into the waves of the angry ocean.
Zasantha
Player

Words: 9631
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Gilva Snowsong on July 22nd, 2014, 1:33 am

Hook. Line. And Sinker. Gilva was thrust back into the limelight that he yearned for. It seemed his presence was needed, in order to act as an informant. It was ironic for him to be informing about the person he is supposed to provide information to. Especially since this particular moment will more than likely be brought up for discussion. The fact that they wanted him to remain for just a little while longer, even just for the answer to a simple question, was enough to inflate the boy's ego. He knew that if he didn't say something cheeky now, they probably would never allow him a similar opportunity again.

"Didn't you know that curiosity killed the cat?"

The boy couldn't help but to let out a chuckle. It was a double whammy since he had just learned that they were both cats. Though it probably wasn't wise for him to attempt to incur the woman's wrath anymore. Considering everything the boy had said and done, it wouldn't be surprising if she gave in to her instincts and simply mauled him to death. But it wouldn't be that easy since he brought his spear for protection.

Gilva's quip had an unintended consequence. He had meant it only to serve as a form of personal entertainment. He had been ignorant to the idea that it could be perceived as a way to avoid answering the question. In truth, Gilva couldn't answer it properly even if he wanted to. When he met her, the boy didn't think to ask for her name. He barely seen her face, and the only distinguishable feature was that she wore black clothing. His most descriptive characteristic was already revealed to them.

"She...uh...hm. You know, that's a really good question. The only thing I really remember, is that she is a relatively nice person. She taught me that things have a tendency to be taken by others in Zeltiva. I personally don't agree with that, but I guess Zeltiva is simply that much different from Avanthal. Oh! And I'm supposed to meet her here, at the docks."

Suddenly it dawned upon the boy. The reason that this woman was Zasantha, and not the other woman. He had arrived at the right place, but at the wrong time.

"...Wow. I'm sorry Zasantha. Its not a coincidence that you were here and she wasnt. I was supposed to meet her, at night! For one bell. Though I'm not sure which bell..."
Vani | Common
Gilva Snowsong
Player

Words: 53665
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2014, 11:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Previous