Sunsets and Memories (Adalia)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Sitkanis on October 15th, 2010, 1:25 pm

A hand around his waist. That was new. He looked at Adalia and smiled. She looked stunning under the glow of Leth. Her pale skin glowed and shined where her scales caught the shine of the moon. It was an interesting happening. In a way he had found someone like him. A person who looked twice as stunning in the glow of the night. He knew she was not an Ethaefal like him but he felt comforted by her. So they walked, Adalia's arm around Sitkanis' waist. A horned man who seemed to glow with the light of Leth and a beautiful girl who's body was lined with shining scales. The were not the most normal looking couple but in his own way Sitkanis found it beautiful. There was nothing on Mizahar like them and he found pride in that fact. 

The two walked toward the chapel and once again Sitkanis started to feel a forgien feeling. He did not want Adalia to go. He would... miss her. He wrapped his arm around her and sighed. This night surely had been eventful. Leth ans Lhex had to have been tag teaming on Sitkanis. Although, it would have just been a chance meeting never to happen again. Sitkanis worried about that. He did not want this to just be a one night meeting. He did not want to think back to this night and wish he had done more or tried harder. There had to be something he could do that would show her that he wanted to see her again. There was the obvious act of telling her how he felt but something was stopping him. Some deep down pride that stopped him from showing sensitive emotion. Sitkanis was sure this was something long left over from his past life. All there was left to do was to hope she felt as he did and spoke up about it.

Soon the chapel was in sight and Sitkanis felt his heart sink. "No, she can't leave yet. I don't want her to. I'll... miss her." Sitkanis opened his mouth to speak, to tell Adalia that he didn't want to leave her but no words came. Although Sitkanis was rarely scared in battle or even in the sight of great beasts but in the arms of this woman he was scared speechless. He has always seen himself as an unshakeable warrior but now he saw no one was unshakeable. In the eyes of women even the most powerful man felt fear. 

The pair walked into the church and Sitkanis felt his heart racing. It was now or never. He opened his mouth to speak but Adalia spoke first. She wanted him to come back! Sitkanis could not hide his smile as she spoke. She didn't have to ask him twice. She wrapped her arms around him and smiled up at her like a child. "She is so beautiful." He wrapped his arms around her and kiss her on the lips. "Of course I will come back. I... I had a really nice time with you tonight." The fear was bubbling back up again. He didn't not want to stutter in front of Adalia but he was so nervous. "I hope we can see each other again soon. Maybe next time under the light of Syna. You can tell me more of this Sea of Grass or... I don't know... We could just talk." He looked at her sheepishly she laughed. "Sorry, I'm making a fool out of myself. Please forgive me. I've just never felt this comfortable around a person before. I... I hope to spend much more time with you if that's okay." Sitkanis was putting him out off there for the first time. The unbreakable warrior who never let anyone was now openning himself up and letting this girl he had just met in. He worried she might find him odd
But in the back of him mind he felt as though everything would work out okay. "Goodnight Adalia, sleep well." He kissed her on the forehead and smiled. He turned to leave and smiled to himself. He could not wait for morning when he could see the Konti again. Finally there was a reason to be excited for sunrise.
We'll dance in the moonlight
We'll rock till dawn
And if you can't dig it baby
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Words: 136709
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2010, 4:54 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on October 21st, 2010, 6:21 am

XP Award!

Adalia
XP Award: Storytelling +3; Philosophy +2; Seduction +1
Lore: Ethaefal Shifting; Ethaefal Lore (basic); Sitkanis’ Insecurities

Sitkanis
XP Award: Storytelling +1; Philosophy +2; Seduction +1
Lore: Rak’keli Gnosis; The Chapel (basic)

Additional Notes:
Fun stuff, kids! But Adalia, a note: while there is plenty of housing available in Denval, nowhere is it written that housing is available within the Chapel. I’m not against this, but in the future you should ask for permission from the Domain Storyteller before taking up residence in a public location. If you would like to play this out, I am willing to do so. If not, we need to at least discuss it via PM.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Keep writing!
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous