Flashback The First Day of the Rest of Your Life

Young Umbra wakes up!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

The First Day of the Rest of Your Life

Postby Umbra on July 11th, 2014, 7:42 am

The First Day of The Rest of Your Life

Spring 71 507AV

The sounds of the morning wildlife stirred the young girl from her slumber. Her face was warm from the rays of sunlight beaming on her face through the tattered curtain. As she sat up her stomache let out a loud grumble and the most amazing smell she could ever imagine filled her nostrils, a small moan of hunger escaped her as she clutched her bare abdomen, mouth watering. Her small feet swung out of the bed, her legs weak from unuse and difficult to move, a thin cloth blanket fell from her thighs revealing her to be completely bare. Before she could attempt to stand she was startled by a voice from the doorway just a few feet from her, the old woman appearing without her noticing a thing.

"Outside in five minutes child." Her voice was soft yet stern and Umbra vaguely recognized her as her travel companion from the last few months, her new mentor, although she couldn't quite remember her name.

Hoping that delicious smell was originating from behind the brightly lit threshold the elder woman had exited through, Umbra eagerly attempted to stand. Her legs had not held her weight in nearly 4 months and instantly gave out. A small cry escaped her as she fell to the firm yet earthen ground, she took a few moments contemplating on calling for help. Anger rising inside her she drug herself a few feet to a nearby chair, pulling her frail and fragile figure up to a kneeling position. She held herself there until her knees went from numb to a dull throbbing then began to pull herself to her feet. Shaky legs and weak muscles barely supported her weight as she fell into the wall. It seemed like forever getting to the door of the room and just as she made it the womans voice called from beyond the cloth hanging in the doorway of the cottage.

"Five minutes are up girl!" This time the softness of her voice had noticably diminished.

Urgency and irritation caught in Umbras throat, she quickly covered the remaining distance to the exit, nearly falling as she was blinded by the light behind the cloth veil. Before she could regain her bearings a searing and unexpected pain shot through the right side of her head, stunning her. Ears ringing and head aching she realized she was on the ground having no recollection of getting there. Her face aching and her vision swirling she somehow figured out which was up, pulling herself up as a voice yelled from far off in the distance.

"Lateness will not be tolerated!" with that the same searing pain shot through the left side of her face and jaw, this time sending her realing back into the unforgiving bark of a nearby tree.

She jumped as she suddenly realized she was soaked in cold water, her hair falling in wet strands down in front of her eyes. Strong hands pulled her roughly to her feet and a dark silhoutte stood against the bright sun, glimpsing in from behind the canopy of trees. The cool, smooth voice returning, "You were put in my care, nearly dead, and I was asked to teach you to kill. Starting immediately upon your recovery." Pausing a moment, Umbra was able to make out the features of a once beautiful woman. Now scarred and aged, it was a tired mask of countless battles and adventures, leaving Umbra in a sort of dumbfound state of awe. Unfortunately, she missed the next words spoken, earning her another swift slap. This time she maintained her balance as the woman spoke again. "Answer when spoken to child! Why do you want to kill?"

"I-I-" the ground felt harder with each hit as she found herself once again picking herself up. Before she could even consider catching her breath it was violently forced from her chest with a swift but firm kick to the ribs. Laying there whimpering she answered, "I want...t-to...please...the G-Goddess Queen Myri!" Her efforts of pulling herself to her feet between gasps proved futile as this time a blow to the midsection dropped her swiftly to her knees. Now crying and gasping for air, vision swooning she answered yet again, "Earn...t-th...the...f-favor of...of the Shadow Goddess...Aka...Akajia." She whimpered pathetically, her head being forced back and upward by her midnight black hair.

"This weakness will not be tolerated." She threw the young girl to the ground, Umbra took a couple moments to begin stirring, attempting to crawl away from the violent assault. "These are but goals fool child," now stalking the bleeding and naked little girl, embarrassing her, treating her like prey. "I want to know the reason, the drive. What makes that fire in your eyes! Why do YOU want to kill?" The old woman's voice cracked as she put the emphasis on you. Drawing a whip, Umbra's new trainer prepared to lash out yet again. Even the seasoned elder was caught off guard as the girl sprang up, swinging a thick branch toward the assailants head. Quickly dodging to the side she grabbed the young girls arm, twisting it backwards while kicking out the back of the short legs sending the small child's body higher than her height into the air, parallel with the hard ground. A gasp of hopelessness was cut short as the air was brutally ripped from her lungs, the sight of the old woman standing above her doubling, then tripling. Still unable to see straight, she swallowed and drew in a rasping breath desperately begging for air.

"Because I want to kill them all..." she gasped again, taking a few more moments before finishing. "All of those beneath us, kill them all!" She shouted the last words, causing her to cough violently, rolling to her side and bringing her legs up into a ball.

"Good child, good." The old woman's voice now sweet and caring, as if speaking to a dear relative,"Now rise and get some food, you start your training in an hour. This is the first day of the rest of your life."
Umbra
Player

Words: 5747
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2014, 7:47 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Plotnotes

The First Day of the Rest of Your Life

Postby Pandaemus on July 23rd, 2014, 10:28 pm

Congratulations

Umbra
Skills :
  • Endurance - 1 XP
  • Weapon: Branch - 1 XP

Lores :
  • Learning to stand again
  • Lateness will not be tolerated!
  • Headaches are torture
  • A mentor's beating
  • Kill 'em all!

Loot :
Here is where I put the spoils of your adventure.

Notes :
Hey Umbra, Traverse PMed me about you and enlightened me as to the circumstance! I enjoyed this short little thread. Though not much happened, it promised of interesting plots to come! Keep up the good writing!

If there are any concerns or problems with my grading please PM me and we can work through them. Also please remember to edit your grade request as graded or delete it if possible. -Pan
Common - Nader-canoch - Hallucination Voices - Crail

Pandaemus
Skitsofrantic!!!

Words: 179130
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2013, 4:17 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2