Open The Best kind of Larceny

Thievery, swordfights, this has the best kind of Larceny!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

The Best kind of Larceny

Postby Sh'Ky Naes on July 12th, 2014, 2:00 pm

Sh'Ky Naes

Summer 62, 514
Sh'Ky was skulking around the slums, looking for an opportunity to grab some extra coin. Mentally reviewing his "List", he went through the routine to start the day. House locked? Check. Chest locked? Check. Sword under jacket? Check. Good, I'm ready to go. Attempting to act normally, as normal as anyone was, in this piss-hole, Sh'Ky Naes moved down the street, stepping over potholes, refuse, and drunks.

As he passed a drunk, holding an empty bottle, presumably filled with an alcoholic drink at one point, he bent over the man, pulling his legs out of the thoroughfare. Pushing him against a wall, he rifled through his pockets, finding only five coppers and a small, decorative chain, which was most likely the man's most prized possession. Sh'Ky was about to feel bad about it, but reconsidered. Eh, he'll live, and besides, another person would've come along anyway. Better that I take it, rather than someone else. Pocketing the items, he moved along, adding the four coppers to the miserly sum that he carried at all times. You'd need money in this town, but who'd be fool enough to carry their entire wealth with them? Turning a corner, his face hardened.

The scene in front of him was one of contempt. Five men, obviously members of a gang, were dragging a woman into an alley. Gritting his teeth, Sh'Ky thought, I've got to do something. No, wait, what's my number one rule? Stay away from the gangs. Don't get in their business. But... Even I wouldn't do something like this... Yes. I must do something. As he began to tramp angrily towards the group, he stopped in his tracks. About ten members of the crowd, working in tandem with hand signals and eye contact, were moving towards the five gang members.

When the ten reached the five, he was too far away to hear what was said, but it obviously didn't please the five men, who were dragging the woman away, because three of them let go and brandished their weapons. Smirking, the leader of the ten pulled out a razor sharp knife and lunged at the leading member of the five. Edging closer, Sh'Ky began to formulate a plan. While they were fighting, he would rescue the woman, for whatever the ten had in store for her was probably just as bad or worse than what the five had planned. With loud, raucous shouts, the ten surrounded the three not holding the woman, and whipped out blades, clubs, and short spears. Startled, the two still holding the woman dropped her, and went to join their comrades.

Now moving with purpose, hand on his sword, Sh'Ky began to move around the edges of the men locked in combat. The gang members were too focused on each other to see Sh'Ky, so he slipped past them, into the alleyway. Pulling the woman to her feet, he held a finger to his lips and began to lead her by the arm.

Other's Words My Words NPC's Words
Alt:
Dallen McHenderson
College is picking up, sorry if I'm not on for long periods of time.

How did you know that what you sought was redemption and not righteous vengeance?
Redemptio et quomodo iusti non quod petitur intelligis quia quod vindicta?

ImageImageImage
Sh'Ky Naes
Sometimes good people do horrible things.

Words: 82544
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2014, 12:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

The Best kind of Larceny

Postby Mazal on July 13th, 2014, 3:17 pm

Vibrant eyes her cerulean pools danced upon her surroundings. Mazal found herself wandering of all things around the slums, easy coin is what she was after. Sometimes a gang member had a little more coin then he or she needed. It was also a good place for more sinister affairs, like separating digits or silencing some unfortunate soul forever.

Being a viper had advantages one of which was easy access to toxic venom, it was just a matter of extraction. Thin cloth over a jar in her apartment could do the trick, all the work that was needed to to morph into a viper and sink her fangs and dispense the venom. Revert back into a humanoid form and dip a strip of cloth in the jar and let it saturate the material and then mixing in a dab or two of water to keep the moisture locked the final process was to roll it up and cork it in a vile.

It was hard to believe that such a shrimpy little thing could even be considered threatening but when provoked the viper was a cold merciless piece of work

Today Mazal seemed afflicted her head sizzled with a nasty headache that seemed to get worse like a talderian wolf was gnawing on her skull, her grimacing facial expression clearly displayed the pain she was in. Mazal was nothing more then a rat scurrying on a turning wheel of pain and murder, torment was the name of the game.

It was a head on collision that set her off as a gang member knocked her over nearly trampling her on his warpath towards his outnumbered friends numerous would be assailants. On her rump she noticed a man running off into an alley to get the girl. The girl that was the center of all this fuss. Mazal would have followed but the Dhani remained seated. Hidden hands retrieved the vile uncorked it pulling free a nice wet wipe of sorts to envenom her armor spikes, the meticulous action hidden beneath the shroud of her red cloak.

When she got up the thin piece of cloth was discarded as with the vile, she simply kicked it off and proceeded towards the one that had caused her the strife.

To abscond or contest those were really the only two options in sunberth if you thought about it.
Mazal
Player

Words: 15911
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2013, 1:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Best kind of Larceny

Postby Sh'Ky Naes on July 15th, 2014, 1:54 am

Sh'Ky Naes

Sh'Ky Naes didn't notice the dhani, sitting down in the alleyway, so he simply began to pull the woman along. The woman, who's hair appeared to be blonde, under all of the dirt, looked terrified but shut up anyways. Dragging her out of the alleyway, he made his way past the gang members without too much trouble. However, as soon as he broke from the shadow, into the sunlight, the fighting behind him stopped, and several thuds sounded behind him. Not bothering to look behind him, and therefore slow down, he pulled the woman over his shoulders, which wasn't hard. The woman was little more than skin-and bones, anyways.

Sprinting, he made his way back the way he came, turning onto his street. Several heads turned, but for the most part, the neighbors ignored him, as they had become used to Sh'Ky's situations. Listening closely, he heard no tramp of feet behind him, and put the woman on the ground. Wildly looking around, she said, "Where am I? Who are you? Why'd you help me?" Shaking his head, Naes pointed his sword at her. "I saved you from a fate worse than death. This doesn't mean that you're out of the hot water yet, ma'am." Pointing at her pockets, he said, "Give me everything you have on you."

Alt:
Dallen McHenderson

How did you know that what you sought was redemption and not righteous vengeance?

ImageImageImage
Sh'Ky Naes

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

The Best kind of Larceny

Postby Sh'Ky Naes on August 2nd, 2014, 9:08 pm

Sh'Ky Naes

The woman, shaking, pulled out a thin drawstring bag that clanked faintly when she moved it from her pocket. Snatching it quickly from her hands, he shoved her with the point of the sword, creating a small spot of blood in her ribcage, and ran off in the direction opposite to his house. Just in case anyone was following. Running down another road, one that led to the Tent City, he burst into the collection of pavilions and ragged tarps, and navigating his way, found his street. Sprinting the final distance, he quickly ran to his door, unlocked it, opened it, went inside, re-locked it and sighed, slumping against the wall. That was altogether too dangerous a run. It would be best to lay low for a while, now.

Alt:
Dallen McHenderson

ImageImageImage
Sh'Ky Naes

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

The Best kind of Larceny

Postby Orion Michaels on September 4th, 2014, 12:26 am

Yousa

Wantsa

GRADE?!

Shky
Experience
Observation +1
Tactics +1
Stealth +1
Weapon: Short Sword +1

Lores.
  • Sunberth Gang Fights: Sometimes it's better not to get involved
  • Tactic: Bide your time in the shadows
Stuff
15 Copper-rimmed Mizas
1 copper bracelet (1 SM)

Mazal
Experience
Skill #
Skill #
Skill #
Skill #

Lores.

Notes
Sh'ky
Sh'ky, things went really easy for you in this thread. If you want bigger rewards, things can't go so conveniently, ya know? I do recognize you were just tying up an abandoned thread, but just keep that in mind. And always, detail is key. I like to say 'show, don't tell'. More description will be needed as you advance in skills. Thanks for the thread!

PM me with questions. :)

Mazal
Please update your expenses and I can release your grade.
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)