As Good a Day as Any (Pelham)

Pelham faces the inevitability of seeking a paying job...how droll.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Postby Traverse on July 25th, 2014, 3:29 pm

As Good a Day as Any
45th of Summer, 514 A.V.

It had been a strange half of a season, and the first day where Pelham had woken with a clear head. Finally the strange fungus that had set Zinrah into a stupor of sorts was gone. Guards slithered past regularly, perhaps even more frequently, trying in a panic to make up for their utter lack for the first 40 days of the season. Other denizens slithered by more calmly, and it seemed almost overnight Zinrah had returned to the way it was.

Which meant Pelham had to go back on the job hunt. It was tiring business. The most obvious choice for the gorgeous Constrictor was to become a hunter or guard. These were both jobs vital to Zinrah, yet neither were particularly appealing, they involved a lot of dirt, sneaking around Myrian monkeys and most of all...work.

But at least for the moment, Pelham didn't have any better ideas. Heading slowly down to Sissicillys where she was dreading to prostrate herself before the infamous sisters who organized the guards and hunters there, Pelham ran into a Constrictors going the opposite way through the tunnels. There was a brief reaction as two muscled Constrictor arms struck each other, but the male she had ran into stumbled a bit, body drooping over his tail.

"Apologiesss misstresss..." He began. He was clearly Constrictor, but smaller than Pelham's Dhani form, with strange purple patterns on his scales. "I didn't ssseee you...oh..." His voice trailed off as two yellow eyes got to inspecting the Dhani female before him. After examining her face for a moment, he kept his eyes averted as a sign of respect, but seemed content to trace the curves of the rest of her body.

"You...you are fine example of a Consstrictor, if you will permit me sssaying misstresss, I cannot imagine how I haven't ever ssseen your glorious form before. You can addresss thiss bumbling idiot before you asss Ssekussepera, or Ssepera if it pleasess you, or sssimply worm if that doesss not ssuffice." His words may have seemed like insolence from any other male, but from what Pelham could detect in his voice everything he said was utterly genuine. There was the slightest stammer to his words, his poture was still bent and respectful of her female self, now this...this was how males should be.

"If I may be ssso bold missstresss, where are you journeying to on thiss finesst of daysss?" He glanced up slightly, eagerly awaiting her response.

c
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sserapelham on July 25th, 2014, 8:24 pm

Deep blue eyes with long black slits trailed up and down the body of the male Dhani whom was very much smaller in stature than Pelham was. Especially when in Dhani form. He bumped into Pelham then had the nerve to converse with the Dhani whom always thought herself to be a Diva. She completely ignored everything going on around her. All of the slithering. Hissing. Everything blocked out at this moment.

This male was.....

Interesting....

On an ordinary day Pelham would have threw a massive fit (of which she was well known in the next for) because of his gender alone. Though there was something about him that was a tad different from any male constrictor Pelham had met before. This one seemed to be honest about everything he said. "You are forgiven, boy."

Pelham stopped herself for a moment. ".....Ssssseperea I mean. Worm isn't very classssssy." She notably chose to call most male constrictors boys out of disrespect. She made the choice to call this one by his proper name. Even for someone like Pelham it was hard to ignore respect. Something Sseperea had been showing since he bumped into her. His posture. Tone. Choice of words. Everything. Choosing to go off topic for a moment, Pelham uttered "How old are you? You remind me of sssssomeone. His wordsssss were as kind as yoursssss. He wasssss the only one I ever........" She stopped abruptly. As Pelham continued to gaze in the male's eyes she could tell he was rather interested in the older female's life experiences.

Subjects were switched back to the original topic however. "You assssked about my form. It'sssss rare that I walk around like thissss." It was true. Pelham typically maneuvered through Zinrah in full snake form. Preferring to shift to Dhani when it was time to kill. Even a human form would be more common for her.

Pelham now began to slither her light colored body in a circle around the man. Moving her face extremely close to his from behind. Her scaled, muscular tail wrapped around the back of Sseperea. Her tongue slid across his cheek. Understandably. He became a tad bit tense. Pelham meant no harm however - she was naturally flirtatious.

"I'm on my way to Sissicillyssssss to find work. Money ssssssupportssss beauty. I onceee told my girlfriend that." Pelham thought back to her sister figure - play partner - best friend, Saxani. "Though it's a sssshame people can't just hand me money for being a sssstar here for a century and a half." Pelham shrugged her powerful humanoid shoulders. Allowing the kind male to speak.
Sserapelham
Dhani Diva

Words: 10770
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2012, 1:03 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on July 26th, 2014, 8:32 pm

Sepera raised his body somewhat, deciding not to be stooped either when a superior was talking to him so kindly. His head still remained lowered somewhat, eyes flicking up and down but never holding or challenging Pelham's gaze.

"I am 106 yearsss of age, misstresss, barely more than a boy asss you ssay." He smiled self deprecatingly while simultaneously withstanding Pelham's serious investigation of him. Despite his demeanor, he did not seem in anyway alarmed or frightened by the female's close contact and inspection of his form.

When Pelham spoke about her plans, a flicker of surprise crossed Sepera's features. "Certainly you musst be joking." He said, glancing up and holding her gaze for just long enough to realize she wasn't. "I apologize, misstress, but I sssimply cannot see one of your grace and beauty doing sssomething ass banal ass foraging out in the wildernesss with thosse brutish myriansss." A slow smile spread across his face.

"Certainly you have heard of the Ssnake Coil, no? That isss where I work ass an actor, ssomething like that would ssseeem far better suited to you misstress, far more ssuited indeed."

He leaned back against her coils wondering how she would respond to this newest development. If a male in Zinrah knew anything, it was that females were reactionary creatures, prone to sudden changes in emotion, yet Sepera had more than his fair share of practice with them.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)