[Location] Frozen Falls Market

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[Location] Frozen Falls Market

Postby Cheshire on October 8th, 2010, 7:16 pm

Frozen Falls Market

When one wants to find a quick meal or some Avanthal goods, they head over to Frozen Falls Market. This large market is named after the frozen water fall it is built around. Much like the Menagerie, Frozen Falls Market is built in a U-shape. Unlike the Menagerie, the Market curves around Tanvalis Falls, the forever frozen waterfall of Avanthal. Near the bottom of the falls is a deck that one can walk out onto to get a closer look at the falls. Although the falls are not massive, they are a sight one would be foolish to miss.

Around the falls, there are stores run by all the Holds of Avanthal except Frostfawn and Whitevine. If one wants to buy Frostfawn wares they have to head over to the Menagerie. At the market, Skyglow paintings and sculptures are sold right next to Winterflame cafes.

Although the majority of stalls are run by Avanthal citizens, every season there are a few traveling traders who set up temporary booths to sell their foreign wares. These traders are usually willing to buy Avanthal goods in hopes of making a profit when they move to their next destination.

Both Mizas and barter and trade are used in the Frozen Falls Market. It is often best to ask the worker which they prefer before offering to trade. Although most of the workers are friendly, not all of them are open to trade.

An Icewatch pair is always patrolling the market to assure that outsiders are accounted for.

Moderator's Notes:
  • Feel free to self-moderate when buying from the market. Be aware that particularly exotic goods and wares are not likely to be available. If you have questions about the availability of something at the Market, please feel free to PM your current ST (Bluster).
  • Selling to NPCs does require moderation, or at least permission to self-moderate, so reasonable prices can be determined.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)