Flashback loquacious.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

loquacious.

Postby Adrienna Lynint on August 7th, 2014, 1:52 pm

5th of Summer, 502 AV

"You are pulling my hair," said Adrienna. The slave running a brush through it faltered, but briefly, before continuing on. In honesty, the woman was not pulling the girl's hair. No, the girl just wanted to fuss. She wanted to be let outside. Long ago, she had realised that almost everyone was too busy for her, and so she'd come to understand that she would be better entertained in the zoo, or in her room, or just somewhere else where there would not be disproving titters following her.

"It me or it yo'fa," the slave was really a kindly woman of soft words and soft hands. However, the words were like a threat, and they were heavy handed. Of course, Adrienna bowed down. She might enjoy fun and games, but she did not enjoy an angry father.

There was no mention of the mother, though. As with every frank truth muttered between the closed walls of the Silverbite manor walls, opinions were known: Marselline would not touch her children.

"Dere yor," the slave finished and released Adrienna. The girl lunged forward quickly before she was reeled back in and went to look herself over in a mirror. An adolescent now, the braid bared the high cheekbones of her face and fully showed her eyes, which she had not allowed since she was allowed to get herself ready for her day. It wasn't a bad look, Adrienna decided. She smiled.

A half bell later, and she was finally on her way to enjoy an afternoon meal. Unlike most other instances, this meal was to be shared with her father, his cousin whom had married into another Dynasty, and whomever else had been invited. Adrienna was the one on Derek's end, they'd not yet had word on who Denibrah would be bringing from the Morealis home.

The silence was terse between father and daughter. The son was not present, having escaped early enough to avoid the duty of entertaining a guest, and the mother was no doubt visiting her own family within the Draer household. The silence would have actually been awkward had it not been familiar. Neither was accustom to the other, but both were bound by blood, however tenuous that bond sometimes could be.

It was only when Derek opened his mouth to address his daughter that word came, announced in the winny of horses and the sound of a carriage. Derek straightened, as did Adrienna, and they faced the door with a sort of practiced anticipation bordering on impassive expectation, the expressions eerily similar between the two of them.

oocI honestly hope this is adequate. >< Don't hesitate to let me know otherwise.
Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Words: 65714
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2013, 8:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

loquacious.

Postby Edmund Morealis on August 9th, 2014, 9:08 pm

5th of Summer, 502 AV
The Silverbite Estate

This was a rarity.

Earlier that day, it had been with a mixture of surprise and gratitude that Edmund found himself being extended an invitation from his cousin-in-law to visit her family home. It was a surprise because the woman spent nearly the entirety of her time with her husband, her son or daughter, with little exception. All of their previous interaction had been formal greetings that did not last before they were both divorced of each others company once more. Yet when Denibra had received an invitation from her cousin-in-law at Silverbite to attend a small familial luncheon, she had saw fit to extend the offer to Edmund to accompany her.

Perhaps it was that she had heard of his desperation to visit as many of the dynastic plantations as he was able to. Whatever the case, the offer was readily and swiftly accepted by the young boy, which had led to the two of them riding in an open air carriage along the road to Silverbite.

"Thank you again for allowing me to accompany you, cousin Denibra," Edmund repeated for perhaps the fourth time. I must stop doing that.

"Oh please, it is absolutely no bother," the smiling woman repeated with her equally authoritative and caring voice. Maternal, Edmund thought it was. "Your uncle Dimeer has told me quite happily that you love to visit the various plantations, and when my cousin sent the invitation it occurred to me that you hadn't yet visited my original home. So I was glad to bring you along."

Something about the way Denibra spoke and acted had the peculiar effect of making Edmund ridiculously pleased with himself. Even in his early adolescence, being smiled at by the wife of his cousin made him feel warm in a way that was rivaled only by Dimeer's praise. It was most likely the absence of his own mother that caused him to react in such a way to someone who was so definitively motherly. Despite their numerous introductions, they had only properly met when they both entered the carriage in which they currently sat, and the rate at which they had taken to each other was astounding to the young Morealis. He hoped that, upon their return, he could talk some more with his cousin-in-law, but he realized too well that such a scenario was unlikely.

Edmund's brow furrowed in thought.
"I apologize, it had not occurred to me until now," said he, "But why is your son, Tahn, not accompanying us as well? I would have thought that your children would have been the first you brought along."

"Normally I would have forced them along," Denibra answered, frowning lightly herself as she thought about her family. "They need to get out to the other plantations more often. But both are quite busy with their father today - Tahn especially, he absolutely adores that man. It's a shame, though, since I would have liked him to meet you as well. I wish my children would learn from you a bit and try to mingle with the other dynasties a bit more."

Even that little appraisal made Edmund beam stupidly, and part of himself felt silly for doing so. It was impossible to deny the warm feeling inside of him however, a feeling which he experienced so rarely these days unless fabricated by his practicing.

With a whinny, the horses pulling the carriage turned and pulled up to a stop in front of the Silverbite manor. The square building that was the plantation house did not quite radiate personality like the others Edmund had visited, but as soon as he stepped outside of the carriage he saw that the plantation house itself did not need to. For all around him, in various patches and stretches, sat still marshy water that made the manor look as if it were sitting within the middle of the swamp - which, in reality, it was. As if that were not intimidating enough, the terror of beady black eyes poking above the surface of the still pools was added to the composure of the plantation.

Denibra smiled at the boy. She said,
"Don't worry, my cousin would never endanger her guests. She just likes to scare them a little."

She chuckled gently and led the way toward the manor, Edmund following close behind, every so often darting a glance to one of the nearby pools to make sure their inhabitants were still there. One might have moved; Edmund quickened his pace.

"Hello, hi!" the beaming women announced as she entered the room where they would be having luncheon. Edmund was surprised with how direct Denibra had led them to where they needed to be. After so long being at Blacksugar, he would have thought finding her way around her old home might have become a little difficult. Apparently not in the slightest. There were two sitting at the table waiting for them, a man and a girl, watching them as they entered the room with an air of expectation about them.

"Thank you so much for inviting us over, Derek," Denibra continued, walking up to their seats with Edmund in tow. "This here is Edmund, my husband's cousin. He's about your age, Adrienna, so I hope you'll get along well!"

At his introduction, Edmund folded his arms, one in front and one behind, and bowed a respectful depth. When he heard that the girl was his age, his bow suddenly lifted and he looked up quickly, specifically at the girl he had noticed when he came in. She was slight, with black hair in a braid that pulled all of her hair out of face. High cheekbones framed a pair of eyes that were a color Edmund found difficult to call blue, yet did not know of a better color to describe them. She was pretty enough, which of course he had to notice by force of his pubescence. A gentle flush filled his cheeks as he looked to Denibra, who smiled and nodded toward the chair beside Adrienna, as she took the one beside the man - Derek, Edmund recalled. That was how the table was set up, cleverly so, but it did nothing to help his blush as he sat down in the chair beside the Lynint girl.
Edmund is currently suspended. Apologies!

"There is nothing to fear. You can trust me."
Edmund Morealis
You can trust me

Words: 113376
Joined roleplay: June 13th, 2014, 9:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

loquacious.

Postby Adrienna Lynint on August 11th, 2014, 10:23 am

ImageAdrienna sat stiffly, the silence between her and her father a looming and uncomfortable thing. Slaves waited upon them, placed so as to impose as little as possible until a hand was raised or a request made. Sunlight streamed in through the curtains, dancing upon the woodwork in a dazzling display.

Adrienna sort of wished she could have spent the afternoon dining with her aunt rather than her father.

"Don't pout so much," said Derek, but slightly sternly. Adrienna dared to glance at him to witness the barest hint of a smile upon his features. It was when the doors opened to allow in Denibra and her guest that the smile dimmed and Adrienna again looked away, dipping her head swiftly before looking toward the Morealis duo that entered the dining room. Derek rose from his seat in order to draw out Denibra's in a gesture that may have been layered with more intention than necessary, and waved his hand so the boy, Edmund, would know his own seat. Derek may not have been Dynast by birth, but he enforced the level of formality that he felt any Dynast should have.

"Hello, Denibra," said Adrienna cheerfully. Her face brightened at the sight of a much more agreeable relative than her own father, back straightening imperceptibly when Denibra had given the introduction to Edmund. The girl roved her eyes over him, curious of another who did not share her name, and gave him the faintest smile as well. "I am Adrienna," she said when he'd joined her. If she noted his blush, she possessed the forsight to let it go unmentioned-- even if the sight of it coloured the height of her cheekbones and she turned away quickly. Much closer to him, she acknowledged that he was not lacking fair features. "It is nice to meet you and to have your company," she ended on a murmur. Derek cleared his throat, indicating a desire for her to speak up, and she simply stared forward rather than acknowledge it. "Are you liking the Silverbite lands so far?" The girl raised her eyebrows, but there really was no wrong answer to that question.

"If we are all ready and settled now, let's begin," Derek lifted a hand and, from a door set behind him, slaves streamed out with plates within their grasp. On the table before the four, the slaves laid down the fixings for a delicious brunch. From sausages to pastries to fresh fruit, the slaves laid out the brunch with no word, except to inquire as to what the guests might like to drink. Adrienna expressed a desire for water only and her father requested tea. Aside from that, and only after receiving notice of what Denibra and Edmund wanted, did the slaves back away and leave them with the plates of food. They could begin.
Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

loquacious.

Postby Edmund Morealis on August 11th, 2014, 10:48 pm

"Oh it was a wonderful ride over from Blacksugar, it's always so nice being greeted with our familiar pets," Denibra commented lightheartedly to Derek, delving right into their conversation in such an easygoing manner. She was a really fine dynast, Edmund decided. He also decided that, with her ability to chat pleasantly for bells on end, that neither she nor Derek would be available for the duration of the meal.

Which left him with the pretty girl sitting next to him.

"My name is Edmund. It is a pleasure to meet you, Adrienna," greeted the young Morealis, offering his hand. Was a handshake the proper thing to offer on a first encounter with a girl? Possibly not, but he had no ideas as to what else he would do. After they shook hands, Edmund brought both of his back to lap, fiddling with them incessantly in a habit that he had recently acquired - and totally despised. It would make him look restless as if reluctant to be there, or worse she would think of him as strange.

He was probably worrying too much. Logically, he was aware that is was his pubescence that was making this situation so awkward when it fact it was rather common, but that did not mean he could force down the awkward feeling inside of him.

"A-ah, Silverbite lands..." Edmund repeated, looking down and away from Adrienna. In truth, he did like the distinction of the Silverbite estate, yet that which made it distinct also terrified Edmund. He had read about the many reptilian horrors that inhabited the swamps, and seeing a number of them in front of the manor was not quite comforting. However, he did trust that the Lynints would be smart enough to devise a means of protecting their home. "I think I like Silverbite, but I am not sure. Reptiles frighten me in many ways, you see. Especially the dangerous kinds that dwell within the swamp, such as the ones you have here."

There was an organized chaos with which the attending slaves brought forth the many dishes available that Edmund paid attention to. It was appealing to look at all the constant motion, and he hoped to somehow orchestrate something similar. When asked for what he would like to drink, he asked for water as well, keeping quiet his penchant for tea until he could see what Adrienna thought of it.

Denibra wasted no time delicately filling her plate with the most delectable yet the wisest choices of what was on offer, instantly returning to her conversation with Derek so that neither Edmund nor Adrienna had any opportunity to escape the awkwardness of their situation. The Morealis boy selected a small amount of each type of food presented, perhaps leaning a bit heavily toward the sweeter fruits. It kept his body busy while his mind tried to think of a topic worthy of discussion with the girl sitting beside him.

"So what do you hope to be when you mature into an adult?" Edmund asked, nodding to himself with approval. "I am currently studying to become a caretaker of my family's affairs, though I understand it can be a boring prospect for some."

Edmund Morealis
You can trust me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

loquacious.

Postby Adrienna Lynint on August 14th, 2014, 12:57 pm

With a small smile, Adrienna accepted Edmund's offered hand-- with a leap of her heart. No, it wouldn't do to develop a crush on a boy you just met, she scolded herself internally when they'd released each other's hand. Like him, she faced forward again. Edmund was actually the first face from outside the Lynint Dynasty that she'd seen and could remember; it marked him as unforgettable simply for that. For a moment, she attempted to follow the conversation between her father and aunt before understanding that it would simply confuse her. Therefore, she was happy when Edmund again spoke up, and it showed when she straightened her back and brightened her normally expressionless countenance.

"We have more to offer," she said happily, and even proudly. Already, she had been in the family zoo, taking care of some of those dangerous animals in the capacity that children were generally delegated to: from afar, and with a lot of adult supervision. "There is a lot to fear, but there is beauty in the animals," it was a line often repeated to her in her younger years when she was more wary about the beasts the Lynint liked to collect. It had taken her some time to get used to them, also, and even now she still practiced caution.

When the it came time for Adrienna to serve herself, she followed with fruit, as Edmund had, and a little bit of meat. Frankly, she often dealt with feeding the animals. Meat was something she was growing tired of seeing. This was all what she kept quiet, though; it was not good conversation.

"I think there is a lot that goes into such a duty," she tilted her head slightly, going through the motions of preparing her utensils for eating. "I may want to do something like it, also. That, or run the zoo, or something to do with the animals. I'm still unsure, really," the girl frowned as she spoke, as if being unsure did not sit well with her- and it didn't. Adrienna wanted to have her life planned. She wanted to know what to do with herself when the time came. Her frown eased and she lowered her utensils to offer him a smile, eye contact being sought. "When we are done here, do you want to see our zoo?" The question was delivered innocently enough, but it was something Adrienna had not the chance to share with other children her age... and she hoped he may accept.
Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

loquacious.

Postby Edmund Morealis on August 19th, 2014, 9:17 am

At Adrienna's proud announcement of the greater variety offered at Silverbite, Edmund's first reactions were mixed. He was at the same time intrigued and further terrified, for the prospect of being able to see even more frightening reptiles elicited both emotions. Something akin to morbid fascination would be the best description for what Edmund was feeling at that moment.

"There is most certainly a lot to fear," Edmund said to himself, quietly mumbling as he looked down at his hands, not wanting to offend Adrienna. It begged the question why he said it aloud in the first place, but he could not help himself.

Puberty was an awkward thing.

Even though she attempted to forward a sense of purpose, it was quite clear that Adrienna was not quite prepared to decide on her life's career, which she finally admitted to toward the end of her musings. Not that Edmund minded at all - in fact, it was something he greatly admired, being able to see a wide variety of professions and then see oneself doing each. Ever since the Morealis could remember, he was bound to become, maybe even fated to, an Overseer. For him, there was no alternative option, since he was raised in a world of books that would be beneficial to such a position. Dimeer pushed him, Remy pushed him, he pushed himself. These were all thoughts he kept to himself, however, as he did not wish to overwhelm Adrienna with his personal issues.

"We are yet young, so you will have plenty of time to choose. If you would like to come to a decision earlier, perhaps you should look around the city for ideas."

The offer to see the zoo made the young boy's heart leap for many reasons, one of which was the idea of a zoo of reptiles with large teeth and capable of being dangerous should Edmund not be wary enough. Another reason was that Adrienna was a girl, who had just offered an invitation to go see something with her. For perhaps the fortieth time since he saw her, Edmund cursed his pubescence.

"I-I would like to, if that is okay with the adults," Edmund answered, struggling to make eye contact with Adrienna. It was incredibly difficult and awkward, and he could not look into her dark eyes for more than a few ticks before he felt obligated to look down and away, picking at the food on his plate and only occasionally taking a bite. Forty one times was the number now. "We should ask once we are both finished eating, however. It would not do to leave food on our plates."

Edmund Morealis
You can trust me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

loquacious.

Postby Adrienna Lynint on September 9th, 2014, 11:56 am

ImageAdrienna's head inclined, the corner of her mouth twitching in smile at his hushed words, her own turned head allowing her to mask a rare colouring of her cheekbones that would say she'd blushed, but she wouldn't be able to say why. She was not that easily offended, if he expected his words to disfavour. She'd seen the crushing strength of the larger beasts when their handlers cast them scraps of meat and fresh rodents. She was not allowed too close; a child was fragile in the jaws of the granidiles. She revered them, though, for their resilience and their stoic demeanor.

She doubted the Morealis would feel similarly, as her own brother didn't, but it was still worth sharing with someone. After all, she may never have this chance again.

"I am certain I have cousins within the city who would offer an apprenticeship, but I'm loathe to part from the creatures here." And her nose wrinkled, as if she smelled something rancid, before a more genuine smile flitted across her face. The sallow girl was certainly finding smiles coming easier to her with him, and she found it mildly alarming."I consider them important."

She acknowledged his words with yet another expression of amusement and glee, fleeting before she turned back to food. The silence between them she perceived as not being awkward, but Adrienna Lynint had few companions with which to test with that were not her parents and brother, and those silences were simply natural in their little family. Denibra and Derek had fallen into their own silence when Adrienna had fallen quiet with what she assumed had turned into her own guest. Etiquette was necessary now; she could not scrape her utensils or she would risk Derek's ire and perhaps Denibra's exasperation.

She picked at her food delicately, selecting over what she wanted to eat most. Fruit was the most delectable of what lay upon her plate, but she also enjoyed the occasional bite of meat. It was succulent- the cooks had done well, she thought to herself.
Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

loquacious.

Postby Edmund Morealis on September 12th, 2014, 5:49 pm

Once more, Edmund was reminded with how similar the dynasties were, despite their constant attempts to draw lines in the sand that separated them completely. Even as each had their customs and the differences, there were undoubtedly things that they shared even if they refused to admit it. For, whatever else could be said about the Lynints, their cooks were as fine as any whose products Edmund had the privilege to experience.

After finishing the last morsel on his plate, Edmund wiped his face and folded the napkin on the table as he had been taught to do. The two adults were still eating, but that was because they had served themselves larger portions. Once Adrienna had finished beside him, Edmund waited for a chime before speaking up.

"Pardon my interruption, Denibra," he announced gently, pausing to let his cousin-in-law look up.

"Yes honey? What is it?" was the inevitable response. Even though Edmund did not know her personally, Denibra had something of a reputation. The boy expected nothing less.

Edmund shifted slightly in his seat, sitting up a little straighter as he addressed Denibra. It also worked to delay his response a little longer so that he could rephrase it in a way that seemed favorable and polite to who he was talking to. "Adrienna has invited me to visit the Lynint's zoo with her, and I would like to go. May we excuse ourselves so that we may leave you and Mister Lynint?"

It did not take long for Denibra to answer. "Oh I believe that's a wonderful idea! Yes, I think it should be quite alright, don't you Derek?" She looked to the man by her side, who only smiled and nodded his agreement, before turning back to Edmund. "That settles it. Have fun you two! Edmund, I'll come pick you up when it's time for us to go."

Beaming, Edmund inclined his head respectfully. "Thank you, Denibra," he said smilingly, pushing his chair back softly for him to stand up.

Since the room where the Lynints had hosted brunch was so near the entrance to the manor, Edmund had no trouble finding his way outside. There, he saw the carriage being maintained by its driver as well as those same reptiles relaxing in their shallow pools. It was almost like a moat, a protective barrier of scales and teeth that could easily stop intruders. Edmund shivered again after seeing them, but managed to keep it to a minimal degree. Though he was not shy of admitting his fear, doing so without provocation might make him seem cowardly. That was not the impression he wished for Adrienna to have of him.

Steps sounded behind Edmund as Adrienna joined him. He smiled at her and asked politely, "So where is this zoo that you find yourself so attached to? It must be marvelous."

Edmund Morealis
You can trust me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

loquacious.

Postby Adrienna Lynint on September 20th, 2014, 1:09 pm

Adrienna, not accustom to having another person interested in the same things she was and therefore intent to experience them, was surprised and pleased by Edmund's action. Having finished her meal and placed her napkin aside, she smiled at her father and aunt and chimed in after Edmund.

"Yes, thank you!" She had exclaimed the words. Finished at the table as well, she drew back her chair, conscious of sounds it made that would be considered rude in such a setting, and got to her feet. "Thank you for having me here today, father, and it was lovely to see you again, aunt." With one last smile and a quick curtsy, she turned and hurried after Edmund. He didn't know where the zoo was and she might have feared him simply running off on her.

Adrienna was therefore relieved to be joining him outside and she drew in the clear air deeply, as if she hadn't been outside in ages. Considering her complexion, that might have been true.

Finally, Adrienna flashed a quick smirk at Edmund. "This way, she said. She waved at him to follow and climbed down the steps.

The walk was not exactly a short one, therefore Adrienna passed the time by speaking to her companion. "It really is marvelous, but there are some parts that are very dangerous." She decided to try her hand at small talk, uncertain if he was the sort that actually favoured it outside of a meal. It truly was a different sensation to have company. Willing company. "Have you not seen many granidiles?"

Another question then occurred to her. "What is Blacksugar like?" That last question was perhaps the most important. What were the other Dynasties like in their homes? Edmund painted a pleasant picture in regards to the Morealis name, but that was simply one person amongst many and they were yet young.
Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

loquacious.

Postby Edmund Morealis on October 1st, 2014, 3:39 am

Gathering himself quickly, Edmund turned and followed his young host through the Lynint grounds. Glad was he to find something to distract himself from the manifold reptiles that he could feel staring at him from the mud and marsh, instead focusing on keeping up with Adrienna as she led the way.

Though Edmund would not have minded passing the time in silence, it did indeed seem more polite to engage in conversation. Adrienna's words seemed more akin to a warning than idle chatter, however, and Edmund did not need to be reminded to exercise caution around large dangerous animals of which he knew exceedingly little. Another shiver traveled down his spine. If not for the fact that Adrienna would be accompanying him, Edmund did not think he would ask to see a zoo of these animals. Not out of any lack of respect for the fascinating creatures, simply out of sheer terror of what they might do. Company of someone more experienced with these animals provided him with some much-needed confidence.

"No, I have not," Edmund answered her friendly inquiry. "Most of my time is spent indoors either studying or practicing my social skills. Rarely do I set foot outside Blacksugar manor, and when I do it is usually to travel to one of the other manors or to the city itself."

He was perhaps only a bit taller than his companion, but Edmund's strides appeared a bit longer. Likely it was due to his busy nature - time was wasted in transit, after all. Most of his time was spent in one place to another, and the only walking he did was to get from one place to another. Still, he was mindful to slow down a bit so as he could walk beside Adrienna rather than in front of her. After all, he had not the faintest idea where to go.

Edmund chuckled in response to her subsequent question. "Asking to explain Blacksugar in the time it takes for a stroll is like asking to explain all of Mizahar halfway through a carriage ride."

Quickly he smiled at her, realizing that his chuckle and comment might have seemed derogatory toward her, when such was not the case in the slightest. "I will do the best I can, but it goes without saying that my answer will not adequately relate to you all that Blacksugar is." The young Morealis took a breath and focused for a moment on where he was walking, making sure that he would be following Adrienna so as to avoid any obstacles while he talked.

"There are many parts to Blacksugar, as with any home fit for a Dynasty. First and foremost would be the manor house, where the dominant branch of the family lives. That would be my uncle Dimeer, cousins Dimitri and Remy, and their families like Denibra. It is also where I live under Dimeer's care, studying to one day manage it myself. From end to end it is filled with expensive pieces of all sorts, from exquisite furniture to elaborate braziers to reputed works of art. Much of it is actually not fit for use - we have designated rooms for lounging and eating, and others are marked off as being unfit for such activities.

"Then there are the many homes constructed behind it, where the other branches of the family live. I am sure you have a similar town-like complex somewhere here on Lynint grounds, where all the other less prominent members of the Dynasty reside. Blacksugar houses are suitably fancy, but much more suited to living in than the primary manor. It almost makes me jealous of the other families, but I would not wish to disrespect the honor of the opportunity given to me by my uncle.

"Then there are the gardens. I will admit I have not visited them often, and when I do the foray is usually for less than a bell, so even I have not seen their true extent. One day, however, I hope to have the opportunity to explore them totally."

It was only after he had finished his brief summary of a review that Edmund realized it was likely beginning to sound like rambling. Probably it was far more than what Adrienna had asked for, and he looked foolish and verbose in his answer. Realistically this was likely not the case, and the more developed parts of Edmund's mind tried to assure him of this, but once again his pubescence was getting in the way of sense. So he continued walking beside Adrienna with a gentle tint to his cheeks, waiting for her to remark or pass judgement in silence.

Edmund Morealis
You can trust me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes