Closed staked.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

staked.

Postby Adrienna Lynint on August 11th, 2014, 10:38 am

91st of Summer, 514 AV

The snake nailed to her door was like a kick in the face, or like the bite of a gator upon her body, merciless and instinctively difficult.

It hung there, limp. With jaws open as if it had tried to strike in its last moments, the forked tongue dangled out.

It was not the first snake to be staked to Adrienna Lynint's door, and she suspected it would not be the last. However, the woman still grit her teeth and began the process of removing it, delicately pinning the snake with one hand as the other began to work out the nail. Lucian, at her side, placed a hand upon her wrist.

"Remove yourself, slave," the Lynint snapped at him without looking at him, and he obeyed. He stepped back and watched her work, taking care to ensure she did not actually hurt herself in her solitary endeavor. He knew what she was doing, why she was doing it, and he maintained his silence. Even though Lucian had no love of the reptiles that made the swamp their home, he still found the unnecessary death of one to be wasteful and cruel, a slight against Caiyha herself.

Adrienna flinched when the nail fell free, only after she'd reddened her skin with the force needed to twist it free. It was dropped without care in exchange for cradling the dead snake close. Quickly did she step aside and allow Lucian to unlock the door into the store, a maternal sort of feeling welling within her as she held the dead animal. In her hands, it was still warm. With every shaking tremble that gave motion to the serpent, she could pretend it was still alive and would yet coil around her hand and arm for stability before beginning exploration.

She knew this snake. She'd sold it, about half the season back, to a child. She already knew what had happened why it had been put into her door, and she knew that a change would be needed. She could not let this continue happening.

Lucian unlocked the door and stepped within, beginning a round of the store that Adrienna herself would mirror when she'd finished her work with the snake. It was a necessity to keep an eye upon the animals there and make sure that they had not been harmed as the snake had. Rare was it that a person antagonised the larger scalies, and it was very uncommon for a person to break in due to the unsettling nature of the wares within.

Eventually, Adrienna deigned it important to follow him inside and out of Syna's protective warmth. The snake was not placed aside nor cast into the swamp, simply cradled close to her, bloodying the woman's dress. It was not something she cared about, not in this moment.

Someone had found one of her children unworthy of life and removed her from it in a cruel act. There was nothing more important than that.
Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Words: 65714
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2013, 8:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

staked.

Postby Arkalin Konrath on August 22nd, 2014, 4:45 am

Jacques saw the woman cradling the snake, and felt a sense of revulsion that she favored a creature of its kind. Jacques was actually quite disgusted by it. Too see a person actually cradling and caring for a snake. Now that was trully crazy!

After the woman entered the building, Jacques followed. Politely knocking on the door, Jacques entered expecting to enounter animals of various types. This appealed to Jacques because of his background in morphing! He loved seeing new animals because they allowed him to see new models for morphing.

The woman's back was turned to Jacques when he entered the building. Apparently, she had not heard him knock.

"Ahem." Jacques spoke, "I was wondering if you had ny rare animals that I might study?"
Meh.
Arkalin Konrath
Dynasty Member

Words: 9873
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2014, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

staked.

Postby Adrienna Lynint on August 22nd, 2014, 5:25 am

Adrienna was aware of the entrance, but she made no indication to suggest she had the time or desire to face this new customer. It was the most innoportune time. However, she had the sense enough to jerk her head at Lucian, wordlessly demanding he deal with the customer. A cursory meeting of the eyes shared an accusing glare between the two of them. Though they were neither flesh and blood nor even of the same social status, Lucian and Adrienna were siblings bound in abuse. They understood one another on a basic sense that went spoken between gestures and eye contact.

Lucian did not wish to speak.

Adrienna was struck with the desire to strike him, which was very much unlike her. She curled her lip. "One moment and I'll be with you," she called out. This time when she jerked her head, it was to indicate that Lucian ought to busy himself with something, fast. She'd not be so kind if he were to continue wasting time.

Her mood fouled by the dead scaly nailed to her door, Adrienna paid no heed to the unrecognised voice and went about her business. The snake was laid upon a clear expanse of shelf, next to the very same container it had lived in during her care, and murmured the softest prayer. To Siku and Caiyha, the Mother and Patron of snakes, and Adrienna removed a tamo from her waist, slicing the snake into small portions. With that done, she tossed them into the stall of the caiman. Let the dead feed the living.

Blood was, again, wiped in her clothing after she'd resheathed her blade. She finally was ready to face the newcomer into her business and took note of Lucian already feeding the other larger scalies. Good.

"I only have what you see here. What strikes your fancy, Mister...?" Adrienna led off, allowing him to indicate his name. She did not introduce herself, although she did scan him for a particular branding that would indicate his actual identity to her.
Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

staked.

Postby Arkalin Konrath on August 23rd, 2014, 3:57 am

"Redundo. Jacques Redundo!" he answered as he saw her searching his body for any sign of a marking. Holding up his hand, he displayed his freeborn tattoo for her tosee. With his arm hanging limply in front of him, Jacques scaned the room seeing only snakes... and more snakes.

"I hear that you have quite the collection of snakes here,and I was wondering if i could study one for some… err experimental purposes." Jacques said directly to the woman. " I am prepared to pay for the service. Depending on what you have to offer."
Meh.
Arkalin Konrath
Dynasty Member

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

staked.

Postby Adrienna Lynint on September 9th, 2014, 12:05 pm

"Whoever told you so was correct. I offer many snakes here," the Lynint gestured to the glass habitats for her reptiles where they presented themselves in displays of their everyday life. "What I have to offer depends on what you'd like. Additionally, if you're of the more adventurous stock, we have a selection of the four-legged serpents." And with that, she jerked her head to motion at the stalls, open as their roof was to the sky as if the light were shining down and proclaiming the height of nirvana were there, trapped in stone boxes. "What do your needs entail?"

Lucian, in the time that Adrienna was speaking to the guest, had gone off to select mice from their stock. One at a time, he seized upon the squirming rodents and deposited them, transferring them from their habitats to the adjacent ones where the snakes waited expectantly.

She did not need to look to envision how they would die. No, Adrienna had done the task he performed many times. It was an early morning, so this Freeborn, Jacques, could enjoy the show as the rodents were strangled until their eyes nearly burst from their sockets and they went limp before the long swallow would begin.

The cycle of Caiyha was truly a vicious thing, and Adrienna was pleased to be witness to it.

"So, what do you need?" She would not stay idle with him for long.
Adrienna Lynint
mother of the basilisk.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

staked.

Postby Arkalin Konrath on October 21st, 2014, 4:11 am

[framepic=ur]Jacques was disgusted; they had little customer service,whatsoever! This man was feeding mice to snakes directly in front of Jacques… Eww…

"I was wondering if you were interested in me helpin' you find out here all those staked snakes have been comin' from." Jacques replied. "It seems like you hve had multiple occurences of this event."

Snakes were enjoying their meal, and Jacques stomache begn to turn. Why would anyone want to buy such a monster.

"Now, I won't say how I'll catch them, and I'll do it for free. If you tell people about my good work."

Jacques was hopefull that she would allow him to investigate. However, he knew he looked sketchy in his dark wardrobe.[/framepic]
Meh.
Arkalin Konrath
Dynasty Member

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

staked.

Postby Timothy Mered on December 14th, 2014, 2:00 pm

Your Righteous Reward!

Adrienna Lynint

Since your character has been retired, no XP or lore will be awarded.

Arkalin Konrath
Unfortunately you won't be able to receive your grades until your Character Sheet has been approved. Please submit your request for CS approval here: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic37900-940.html

A mod will then look at your CS to see if is in order. If it is, you will receive a green check mark at the very top of your CS. Once that is so, send me a PM and I will put up your grades.

Note: As neither of the involved is eligible for grades at this stage, I'll refrain from commenting :P

If you have any questions, concerns, remarks, or comments regarding the grade, please send me a PM and we can work something out.
Timothy Mered
Determined

Words: 296697
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2014, 1:43 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)