Closed [Kirstin] You Can't Heal Idiocy

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[Kirstin] You Can't Heal Idiocy

Postby Braeth Frostfawn on August 18th, 2014, 2:38 am

Day 62 of Summer, AV 514
Whitevine Hold
With: Kirstin Whitevine
Continued from Here

Dammit, wasn't this just the worst? As if it wasn't bad enough that Braeth completely failed on his hunting trip by scaring off his game, breaking half of the arrows in his quiver, and embarrassing himself by falling out of a tree, but he actually managed to hurt himself. In fact, it was a pretty bad injury, in his experience. He may not have specifically known why his shoulder, arm, and neck felt like a horse had performed a circus act on his body, but the truth was that his collar bone was fractured (his finger was broken too, but that didn't compare at the moment).

Awkwardly, Braeth had returned home, passing through those icy doors of Avanthal. He nodded slowly to the guard, who obviously could tell he was injured and offered to assist him. Braeth, trying to hold onto whatever dignity he had left, turned them down. He could make it to the Whitevine hold alone, it wasn't like his legs were broken.

Yet, traveling through the city was agonizing regardless. He trudges through Avanthal, iced flakes cast up from the gusts of wind pelted his face gently, a feeling that normally wouldn't even be noticed, but now was a bother. Regardless of his pain, he finally reached the Whitevine Hold, and without waiting for someone to greet him, he gave himself entry. He stepped inside, still with his right arm tucked under his left, creating a futile and painful form of support on his shoulder. At the very least, he needed someone to make him a sling for his arm.

"Hello! Somebody, I could use some help! I'm an idiot and apparently don't know how to climb a tree!" His voice was loud, carrying through the hall where, certainly, countless people would hear him. Perhaps he should have gone elsewhere, but he knew the finest of Avanthalian Physicians lived here. Granted, many of them would be gone during the middle of the day. Still, surely somebody would be here to help him.
Braeth Frostfawn
A True Free Spirit

Words: 16929
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2014, 4:22 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[Kirstin] You Can't Heal Idiocy

Postby Kirstin Whitevine on August 18th, 2014, 3:55 am

Vaysha – words could not explain what the woman was. If she were to describe her, it would follow along the lines of: Compassionate, caring, nurturing, possibly even a mother-like figure in Kirstin’s life. It was that same woman who had sparked her interest in healing and helped her through tough times with her family. Every afternoon, the Kelvic would leave the comfort of her Arvinta and make her way to the Whitevine Healing Center. She enjoyed her small moments with Vaysha, they were both comforting and peaceful. Vaysha always managed to squeeze in a little time for the curious Kelvic; conversations were fruitful and enlightening to the aspiring healer.

As she made her way through the doors, Vaysha had met her with a smile framing her face.
“Where have you been? You missed our little session yesterday, if you were actually an employee… You’d have to suffer for your absence.” Her tone was strict, but also curious towards what Kirstin could have been doing that would prevent her from coming. Every day for an hour, she would receive training from Sefarrah’s (The Head Healer) assistant a.k.a. Vaysha. Meaning that she could be involved in all the different patients and learn new things, etc.

“I’m sorry, I had to finish my studies. You know how I feel about that, I want to be a healer like Seffarah one day.” Kirstin’s voice, filled with determination and a spark of confidence. This only caused Vaysha to smile as she patted her shoulder comfortingly, bringing her into a loving embrace. “I still don’t know why you don’t seek employment in the first place, a more hands-on situation would suit you better. I know that I am prepping you for what is to come in the future, but I believe that it will be good for you.” Vaysha said.

The thought of working in the Healing Center had frightened her, what if she wasn’t good enough? Kirstin could never meet the standards of an actual healer, she was practically as a green as the color of grass – still waiting to bear flowers. Her own knowledge was nowhere near where she wanted to be when she was searching for employment. Embarrassment was the last thing she needed.
“And if you’re thinking that you’re not good enough, we do not need to have this conversation again. Okay? When Seffarah comes back… We’re discussing this okay?”

Though it did not seem like a question, rather a command, Kirstin couldn’t help the small that emerged on her face. Not a lot of people that she knew would do such kind acts for her, seeing that she had a hard time expressing her feelings. There was only one woman who could do that for her, Vaysha. Shaking her head, the Kelvic allowed a small chuckle to grace her lips as she followed her arms tightly across her chest. Thus the Vantha motioned for her to come behind the desk and assist her with sorting different things just to pass the time. Only to be disturbed by a loud noise erupting through the healing center, however the voice was met by silence. Few people were in the Healing Center at the time therefore no one was there to take notice to him. Feeling a soft push, Kirstin found herself walking towards the injured man with a concerned look framing her face.

Her brows furrowed as her lips pouted in confusion, her head tilting to the side.
“I can help you, come with me.” Motioning for him to follow her.
Kirstin Whitevine
The Nurturer

Words: 3107
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2014, 8:38 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet