Open People Watching

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

People Watching

Postby James Raven on August 19th, 2014, 6:34 am

James sat on the branch of a low tree in the middle of town. He sat in his snowy owl form and gazed down at people passing by. He wondered if anyone would notice him. He figured they might notice the tightly folded set of clothing sitting on the ground along with a pack of various items. He sat people watching, searching for his bondmate. He waited for someone who caught his sharp bright yellow eyes. He wondered who it would be. Who would pass under his tree and notice him first?
James Raven
Player

Words: 3203
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2014, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic

People Watching

Postby Botaran on August 21st, 2014, 2:27 am

All the stories of this lands beauty were true, and to Botaran, a few were even downplayed. Sure,the painfully bitter winds and blinding snow were a negative on the whole experience, but only a slight one. Even better than the sights however, were the people. The stories and tales that the locals seemed eager to share truly made this city great.

Now, he found himself mindlessly wandering the streets, towing his horse behind him by the reins while mulling over the story that the overly friendly old sales man told him, and whether or not any of it was true. After coming to the conclusion that the old man had no reason to lie to him, and that his story was likely true, Botaran promptly kicked over someones bag while passing under a tree. He quickly looked around for someone to apologize to. Finding no one, he instead found a set of folded clothes under the tree. Before he could find out anything about the clothes, past it being another mans, a gust of wind knocked a small pile of snow onto his head, making him glance up.

Botaran was abut to return his attention to the collection of gear at his feet, before a yellow glimmer from the tree caught his attention. Backing up a few paces revealed a large, bright white owl, with massive, bright yellow eyes. If not for its eyes, the bird would have been completely hidden, and the sight of it was a little strange to him, making him laugh loudly.

"Well, aren't you a pretty thing? I wonder what an owl is doing in such a cold place?" He didn't expect a response, so he spoke in his native tongue of Isurian.
Botaran
Player

Words: 3758
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2014, 12:58 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

People Watching

Postby James Raven on August 21st, 2014, 3:04 am

When James saw the man knock over his pack and clothing he sighed mentally. Then he jumped from the tree and as he fell her turned into his human form to land on his feet in front of the man.

"Please do not talk down to me sir." He spoke with a smooth sultry voice. He spoke in the common tongue with an English accent. He bent down to pick up his clothing. He replaced his clothes, and brushed off the snow. Then he took the long cloak made from feathers and fur and swung it around his body onto his back like a large pair of wings.

Finally he looked at the man with his large yellow eyes. The Black pupils seemed to dig into the mind and soul of whoever he looked at.
James Raven
Player

People Watching

Postby Botaran on August 21st, 2014, 6:20 am

The owl turned into man in response Boratans comment, Bo had read about the Kelvic, and didn't really expect to run into one here. The Kelvic said something in Common, a language Bo was not good with, and to make understanding him even harder, he spoke with an accent. He could pick out the word "sir", though, and that was awfully polite of him. Even though he couldn't tell what he said, the look he was giving Bo definitely got his point across, in his human form he kept his unsettling owl eyes, and they looked intimidating.

"Ah, sorry. Common not good. Kelvic, yes? Speak Vani, maybe? Isur?" Bo tried to smile, and he intended to apologize, but he just hoped it wouldn't have to be in Common.
Botaran
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

People Watching

Postby James Raven on August 21st, 2014, 6:33 am

James replied in Vani...
"I said, Please do not talk down to me sir"

James looked at the man's form and wondered why he had been so clumsy, he seemed either lost or distracted. It then occurred to James that he was staring, and probably had his neck at a strange angle. He straightened his neck and softened his gaze and asked politely.
"Do you need some help, good sir? You look lost."
James Raven
Player

People Watching

Postby Botaran on August 21st, 2014, 7:04 am

The Kelvic did speak Vani, and Bo gave off a sigh of relief. The man was uncomfortably polite with him, but now he was giving him a strange look, which is fair enough. Bo hadn't seen another Isur the entire time he had been wandering.

"Aha, I'm sorry, I thought you were just an owl in a strange place. Uh, no. I'm not lost. You can't be lost if you have no destination, yeah?" Even though he really didn't know where he was, it didn't bother him. Bo tried looking around to see if he could gain his bearings before he remembered he hadn't introduced himself, and didn't know the Klevics name, either.

"My name is Botaran. No need to call me sir." He extended his hand in when he hoped was a safe enough greeting in this foreign land, and in case he was unfamiliar, Bo added a friendly smile.
Botaran
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

People Watching

Postby James Raven on August 21st, 2014, 7:23 am

James Extended his hand and grasped the others in a tight talon-like grip. "My name is James Raven, and yes I know how ironic my name is. Incase you are wondering you are in the center of town, and I was people watching, would you care to join me?"
James Raven
Player

People Watching

Postby Botaran on August 21st, 2014, 8:00 am

The Kelvic, James, had a good strong handshake. You can tell a lot from a mans handshake. Bo, however did not see the irony in his last name.

"I would very much enjoy joining you in people watching, James. Raven is a family name? I do not see the irony. You turn into an owl, yeah?" Botaran seated himself under the tree and made himself comfortable. "Raven and owl are very different. Raven scavenges, owl hunts. Much more respectable."

Botaran stretched his legs out along the ground and crossed his arms behind his head, thinking more on James' last name while watching passers by.
Botaran
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

People Watching

Postby James Raven on August 21st, 2014, 5:34 pm

James sat himself down next to the man, he sat in a strange way, crossing his legs so it looked more like he had perched on the ground.

"Good i'm glad you don't find it funny. Yes, it is a family name, all the men of my family up until my father and I have all be Ravens in their animal forms. That is where the name comes from. However many people find this funny... They laugh at me... The last man who laughed at me no longer has a tongue to laugh with...." James spoke in Vani so the young man could understand him but his voice was still smooth and sultry and of course still heavily accented.

James continued to watch the numerous people past by him, he still searched for anyone that called out to his animal instincts. He knew that when that woman showed up she would be his Bondmate.

"So what has brought you too this delightful town, you don't look like your from around here.... forgive me for asking but what do you seek here?"
James Raven
Player

People Watching

Postby Botaran on August 22nd, 2014, 7:44 pm

James seemed to watch more intently, like he was looking for something specific. Bo couldn't discern what it was that he was looking for, so instead he just smiled and answered.

"You would be right, I am a long way from home, trying to see the world and hear the people who live in it tell me their stories. And so far, the stories of this cities beauty have not let me down." Botaran repositioned himself to sit more upright. "What about you, then? You seem to be doing more people searching, rather than just watching. What is it that you are looking for, if you dont mind sharing?"
Botaran
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next