Closed [Mirahil Pass] A Flight of Fancy (Tory)

While seeking to practice Reimancy, I'saya sets outside of Zeltiva and meets a strange individual.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Mirahil Pass] A Flight of Fancy (Tory)

Postby I'saya Tuvalik on August 21st, 2014, 12:10 am

90th of Summer, 514

There simply wasn't enough space and material in the city of Zeltiva for I'saya Tuvalik to practice with the elements. The cobblestone paths of East and West Street had served their purpose, and the Tuvalik was easily growing beyond the boundaries of simple transmutation. She desired to try more. To do more. There was a very present desire to expand her knowledge upon what she was to learn. Because, after all, it was for the sake of the crowd that she pushed her boundaries, for the delight of the world that she pressed forward. And the Azenth found that it was best to do this in the pass. I'saya had entered from this place into the city much, much earlier in the season, and though she thought not of it until this point, the entrance into Zeltiva was fresh in her memory.

I miss home... Ivak's purpose takes me from my family, and I know his purpose is greater than I am. But, someday, I will go back...

A tinge of loneliness cast upon the Azenth's thoughts as she steeped into the depth of her soul. She cast forth her djed, mustering it, welling and drawing it from the soul. It was evoked from her hands, coalescing as a gas. The gas dispersed along the surface of both of her hands, growing in density as greater quantities of the substance oozed from her palms. Both of her hands were enveloped by the substance in a matter of ticks, six passing in total before she manipulated her Res. Vermillion fog coalesced and enmeshed into a single, spherical shape, I'saya pushing it in front of her. The cloud gathered as a dense, three-foot wide vermilion sphere.

But, she was not finished there. I'saya moulded the sphere into a liquid, sunlight shimmering over the vermilion surface as the sphere condensed and shrank as a result of the conversion, three feet turning to two just as I'saya wove strands of Res from within the sphere, siphoning it out. The Res appeared as a single strand of a web protruding from a liquid, circular mesh, one strand turning to two, then three, and finally four. The Azenth shaped the strands into tiny spheres unto themselves, each less than a tenth of an inch in diameter, but she had a purpose for them.

Transmutation.

Tiny, liquid spheres hardened and shrank even further, turned into minuscule pebbles that were suspended in the air. I'saya willed the very center of the larger orb to attract the material, a very weak attraction applied merely to keep the four pebbles in suspension. The attraction turned into, by the shape of the Res, into a weak, but present, gravitational pull, each of the pebbles falling into an orbit around the globe of Res.

It was when this process was complete that I'saya decided to turn up the heat. Waves of pleasure rolled down her spine as a low moan escaped her lips, the pull of Reimancy welling a deep, roiling satisfaction in her as she willed transmutation to transpire. The outer layer of the globe's Res began to crackle and fester, turning to gas, the rest following suit. Though, merely a thin film of Res would be transmuted, I'saya intent on practicing a finer control of her transmutations. She wished to challenge herself, not in breadth and expanse of power, but in control over such power.

I'm ready for this...

A grin layered upon her lips just as the crackling Res erupted into flame, a filmy layer of Res crackling as fire and feeding upon the gaseous orb of Res as the four pebbles continued to orbit around it. It was a deep, welling pleasure to see her labours come to fruition, but there was more to do.

Common | Arumenic | Fratava

I'saya Tuvalik
Player

Words: 48140
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2014, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[Mirahil Pass] A Flight of Fancy (Toby)

Postby Cuicatl on August 22nd, 2014, 3:54 am

Last edited by Cuicatl on August 6th, 2015, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threads: 2/10
Cuicatl
the animal inside.

Words: 11129
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2014, 10:21 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby I'saya Tuvalik on August 24th, 2014, 8:00 am

The Tuvalik sought to do more. Hands were stretched forward as she held the spell in place, the ball of fire willing itself to feed on more of the Res. The outermost layer consumed and fed, sinking deeper into the Res, a full inch out of the two foot in diameter sphere consumed. But, I'saya was struck with an idea. A thought materialized in her mind as bright laughter curst from her lips. The fire raged inside of her, the firedancer welling with a deep, fervent joy as she willed the Res to condense.

The attraction in the center of the sphere was nullified as I'saya surrendered the pebbles she had created to the ground. There was little need for her to further her control over earth. To raise the scale of creation was tantamount, but for the moment, fire had quickly become the Tuvalik's concern. The original intention of her excursion had been to experiment with earth, but she quickly changed her mind, a fickleness present in the decision as the vibrant heat of the flames caressed her face.

She brought the orb lower, centering it along the length of her body, though well out of her reach. It was then that I'saya moved her arms upwards, arms centered about her chest before she stretched her arms outwards. Res dispersed at her signal, pushing outwards and with her command, it ignited even further. Merely the core of the Res would remain, fire spinning around the concentration of Res in a counter-clockwise direction.

Spinning, swirling and vivid were the flames up until the point that the hawk screeched, breaking the quiet interrupted only by the roaring flames and filling it with the cry of a predator. Res spiked outwards as a result, a tendril of fire striking out in each direction. One of them lashed directly at I'saya, the flaming concentration of Res tearing at her clothes, fire spreading across the fabric that covered her midriff. It expanded wildly until I'saya, unharmed by the contact, managed to gain control of her Res for just long enough to attract the flames from her clothing, leaving the fabric modest enough to cover her from total exposure.

"Khur-va, I'saya!"

The swear erupted from her lips in Arumenic, a frown pursing her features as she creased her brow in frustration. It was the second time she had ruined clothing due to fire Reimancy just in her time away from Kalea. It irritated her to no end, but in the end, there was no one but I'saya herself to blame. The bird wasn't at fault. After all, it was just a bird.

Last edited by I'saya Tuvalik on August 31st, 2014, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'saya Tuvalik
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cuicatl on August 28th, 2014, 10:05 am

Last edited by Cuicatl on August 6th, 2015, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threads: 2/10
Cuicatl
the animal inside.

Words: 11129
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2014, 10:21 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby I'saya Tuvalik on October 21st, 2014, 3:07 am

It was not the flash of light that astonished the Azenth nearly so much as what the result was. What I'saya had thought was just a bird had completely transformed into a lady who looked to be approximately her age. Immediately, the Tuvalik's mind went to magic. Some unknown sorcery or spell that changed the form of the bird in front of her. And it took the woman's speaking to snap the half-cooked theory out of her mind. Still, she could not believe herself. She took several steps forward, placing herself within arm's reach of the birdwoman before, without any sort of warning, she touched her face. Part of it was to see if she, like many of the happenings in the city of Alvadas where she had performed, was an illusion or a true being. When the matter was resolved, and skin touched skin, the young Tuvalik pursed her lips in thought.

There was no rage in her quickly widening eyes, merely dawning comprehension enmeshed with intense curiosity. She touched at the Kelvic's face once more before finally deciding that her theory was correct.

"You're a... Kelvic, right? That's what they're called?"

The Azenth had heard the name before and met more than one in her time in Kalea, but enough time had passed that she was not completely sure if her information was correct. Nevertheless, she was certain that she was correct. All traces of anger were gone from the Tuvalik's face as a bright smile settled upon her features, instead. She instead sat herself on the floor. Beads of sweat permeated upon the Tuvalik's features, cast upon her face and skin, for while the heat did not affect her as it would an ordinary person, the exertion and expenditure of djed had a measure of an effect. As did the adrenaline that coursed through her. Her heart beat quickly in her chest, her pupils slightly dilated, but as she sat, she willed herself to calm. Several moments of silence passed until she at last regained her composure and looked to the Kelvic,

"Would you sit with me?"

A pang of loneliness drummed in the heart of the Azenth. A life so far from her siblings and parents was one that she had not yet grown accustomed to. But in the Kelvic, she found a strange, unfamiliar, and instantaneous camaraderie. She had to know more about her.

I'saya Tuvalik
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets