Open Going shopping.

Shopping like a thief.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Going shopping.

Postby Sh'Ky Naes on September 12th, 2014, 1:24 am

Sh'Ky Naes

Autumn 1, 514

Sh'Ky yawned, and stretched. It was a new day, and he wasn't about to let it go to waste. Rolling over to sit on the edge of his bed, he swung his legs to the floor, shivering as a breeze danced across his toes. Looking around for a crack that could let such a wind into his house, he sighed as he spotted a small hole in the corner of his one-room house, towards the headboard of his bed, touching the floor. It looked as if a rat had got inside. He was going to have to spend a few days chasing the bugger down, and then plug the hole. Rubbing his eyes, he pulled his trousers up, and grabbed his shirt. Pulling it down over his head, he stood up. Today, he decided that he wouldn't go to work, but simply gather necessary items. Well, maybe not all of them would be totally necessary, but still. It was important for him to buy things with money today.

Pulling his boots over his feet, and striding to the door, he unlocked and opened it, and stepping outside into a brisk wind, shivered again and went back inside, pulling his grey jacket down from the wall. Putting it on, over his shirt, he pulled it close, allowing no breeze to reach his body. Heading out steadily towards the Seaside Market, he pushed through a small crowd that had gathered around two scuffling men, both armed with cudgels of some sort. Ignoring them, kept walking with a singular purpose. If he had knocked anyone down as he pushed through the crowd, he didn't know, or care. They were in his way, and he had a purpose.

Shopping goalsThese are the items acquired later in the thread:
- Coarse, woolen gloves; gray dye (7.5 SM)
- Coarse, woolen cloak; crimson dye (1.5 SM)
- Broad-brimmed hat; No dye, gray color (4 GM)
- Coarse, woolen scarf; crimson dye (7.5 SM)
- Studded Leather Armor; {Chestplate, shoulderpads}. (25 GM)

Total Cost: 30 GM, 5 SM, 50 CM

I have added the items to my possessions, and subtracted the costs from my ledger.

Other's Words Common Fratava My thoughts NPC's Words
Alt:
Dallen McHenderson
Last edited by Sh'Ky Naes on September 30th, 2014, 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
College is picking up, sorry if I'm not on for long periods of time.

How did you know that what you sought was redemption and not righteous vengeance?
Redemptio et quomodo iusti non quod petitur intelligis quia quod vindicta?

ImageImageImage
Sh'Ky Naes
Sometimes good people do horrible things.

Words: 82544
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2014, 12:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Going shopping.

Postby Arvo on September 20th, 2014, 12:35 pm

Being alive is good at the best of times, but in a place like Sunberth It felt even better. Especially after going through an all out war with a shortsword and a petching shortbow. There were scars on his torso, but none were really obvious or marring his natural beauty. Speaking of which, Arvo needed to go shopping for new clothes. Having another cloak wouldn’t be a bad idea, especially in the coming fall. A scarf too, something colorful, maybe red. He supposed he could buy the redhead living at his house something as well. It would take more than miza to win her over of course, but hey, it showed he cared.

He was on his way when he stopped for a moment to look at two brawlers in the street. Uninterested, he was going to move on, when he felt himself being shoved. “Petching- Oi!” He yelled, but the culprit was walking away. If he’d heard him, he didn’t seem to care. Arvo was going to let it go, there was no point stiring up trouble if there was nothing in it for him, but then he noticed who the man was. Boy was that a long time ago. He’d seen him a few times since, but never really had the chance to engage him in a mocking conversation again.

“This guy huh…” He muttered to himself “I shouldn’t do this.” But he couldn’t resist poking some fun. He remembered when they’d first met, they guy had figured he was some kind of pervert, and had generally started a tiff with him over some girl he’d already forgotten about. A girl that he never got to bed with all because of this guy. He doubted this man would have forgotten him, his was a pretty distinctive face.

“It’s rude to bump into someone without apologizing, don’t ‘cha know?” He called “Mr. Fine Upstanding citizen! I expected better.” Arvo called with a grin as he fell into casual step beside the guy and grinning his wolfish lopsided grin.

Other character(s)
Billie
Arvo
A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing

Words: 47221
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2014, 6:47 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Going shopping.

Postby Sh'Ky Naes on September 20th, 2014, 3:20 pm

Sh'Ky Naes

“It’s rude to bump into someone without apologizing, don’t ‘cha know? Mr. Fine Upstanding citizen! I expected better.” That oily voice. The snakelike looks. The wolfish grin. Gritting his teeth, Sh'Ky refused to look at him. As he matched pace with 'Ky, the man kept looking at him expectantly. Turning angrily, he snapped, "What? What could you possibly want with me now, you slimy bugger? I'm no Sylirian Knight, but I have no patience at all for yer ilk." Stomping off once again, Sh'Ky walked a few steps before growling and moving in front of Arvo, frowning. Anyone to speak to, no matter how detestable, was something valuable in Sunberth. Most of Sh'Ky's speaking was fooling others. He hadn't had an honest-for-gods conversation since last season. So he'd talk to this petcher. Lovely.

Motioning for Arvo to follow, he took a few steps in the direction of the market, and said,
"Well. I do suppose that I am sorry." Here 'Ky paused, for Arvo to think on that statement. Then he ruined what little friendliness there might've been in that statement by saying, "Especially since it led you to talk to me." He said this with a straight face, not letting how much he needed someone to talk to show. As they say, humans are the social animal.

Of course, this doesn't mean that they can't still be prideful while needing something, however.

Alt:
Dallen McHenderson

How did you know that what you sought was redemption and not righteous vengeance?

ImageImageImage
Sh'Ky Naes

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Going shopping.

Postby Arvo on September 20th, 2014, 4:05 pm

Sh’ky stopped, growled and addressed him with a few haphazard insults. His eyes recognized him, and his words confirmed it. This was good, Arvo was about to get all offended if he’d been forgotten. Arvo snorted in response. Ky began to walk off again, before changing his mine, seemingly with great reluctance. He gestured for Arvo to follow him as he walked, which made his next words absolutely obseleet in their meaning.

Arvo caught up again, falling into Sh’ky’s step, and laughed loudly “If you expect me to believe that you need some lessons in bullshitting, my friend.” Arvo retorted “If ya didn’t want to talk to me, why would ya ask me to follow? Besides, I doubt I’d be your first choice, if yer had any other choices.” Arvo shoved his hands into his pockets “But you’re in luck! I’m great company! Ask anyone!” He paused “Well maybe not anyone.” He paused again “Well maybe just a few.” He chuckled, but lightly this time. He had a feeling this guy had to be pretty desperate to talk to him. After all, their first few run-ins hadn’t been great, and they were definitely still strangers – Arvo being the strangest of the two.

He decided to drop it, shoving his hands into his pockets and looking up ahead at the market. He may as well attempt to make some sort of a friendly acquaintance today. He didn’t have many of those. Besides, getting on the good side of the locals was always a good idea. “Well enough of that.” He decided “Since you are talking to me, you may as well tell me about yourself, yeah?” He suggested “Since that is how conversation works”

Other character(s)
Billie
Arvo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Going shopping.

Postby Sh'Ky Naes on September 20th, 2014, 5:33 pm

Sh'Ky Naes

"If you expect me to believe that you need some lessons in bullshitting, my friend. If ya didn’t want to talk to me, why would ya ask me to follow? Besides, I doubt I’d be your first choice, if yer had any other choices.” The man's sardonic, slightly asinine smile was infectious, and Sh'Ky found the glimmer of a grin appear at the sides of his mouth. Sh'Ky might not like the man, but he didn't have to, at least not to appreciate the man's humor. “But you’re in luck! I’m great company! Ask anyone! ... Well maybe not anyone. Maybe just a few.” Arvo quieted now, thinking on this statement, perhaps. Not really anyone had 'friends' here in the 'Berth, but it seemed that this one had fewer than most. It was most likely due to his attitude, but Naes kept quiet about that. He didn't want to ruin a conversation in the making.

“Well enough of that. Since you are talking to me, you may as well tell me about yourself, yeah? Since that is how conversation works” Again, the man's sense of humor made Sh'Ky grin slightly. He didn't necessarily like the man yet, but he didn't hate him, either. After all, it would take more than a few jokes and a smile to make him become his friend. As they walked along, Sh'Ky scratched his chin, thinking carefully about what he would say in reply.

"Well, let's start with my name. I got yours, when you were tryin' to seduce Miss Jessor," he frowned a bit, remembering this situation. "Name's 'Ky. 'Ky Ness." He gave his moniker, a half-lie. One that wouldn't raise suspicion if he found out his real name. "And... I don't know what else I can tell you. I've lived here, in the city, since my birth in the 'Berth." He smiled at his own wordplay. As he approached the first set of stalls, he didn't notice a figure wearing rags, holding a rusted kitchen knife, a crazy grin on his face, approach from behind.

Alt:
Dallen McHenderson

ImageImageImage
Sh'Ky Naes

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Going shopping.

Postby Arvo on September 21st, 2014, 3:56 am

Arvo was very good with his words and his well-crafted sense of humor. He liked to think he could even make the grumpiest of individuals smile. Of course, as someone had told him long ago, not everyone liked his humor, namely the more sensitive people who actually got embarrassed or offended, which tended to lead to a broken nose. Ky, however, seemed to let out a grin every now and then as Arvo babbled on, which gave the clown more confidence in his act. Arvo sometimes wondered if this face had begun pushing his true personality out of the spotlight as of late. That may be because he didn’t know anyone well enough to let his true self show, not even a little. Moxy didn’t count. She knew him almost inside out by now. Even he needed someone other than a dog who couldn’t talk back, to talk to.

“Oh that’s right, Jessor, that was her name. Yeah that lead me nowhere. Thanks to the likes of you.” He said with a chuckle. The man went on to say something very boring about being born here. The clever wordplay didn’t save how dull the statement was. “Born and raised Sunberthian, I figured. Be you’ll never guess where I’m from.” He said with a chuckle “Since I could basically be from anywhere.” Arvo said as they approached a stall selling clothes for cooler weather for both men and women.

Arvo was about to say something else when he paused and his expression changed to one of surprise. “Oi!” He called loudly “Crazy homeless guy with a knife behind you” He said, instinctively pulling out his short sword to poke the man in rags lightly in the stomach “Buzz off will you? Go yell at some cheese or something” He said standing in front of ‘Ky and looking at the man distastefully.

Other character(s)
Billie
Arvo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Going shopping.

Postby Sh'Ky Naes on September 21st, 2014, 8:55 pm

“Oh that’s right, Jessor, that was her name. Yeah that lead me nowhere. Thanks to the likes of you.” Despite the man's sardonic smile, Sh'Ky allowed himself a little victorious grin. So he hadn't gotten anywhere with Jessor after 'Ky had left. Good. After his wordplay, Sh'Ky eyed Arvo with a sidelong grin, to see if his joke had any effect. Unfortunately, he didn't find it amusing, and drifted off, staring ahead. His next statement seemed to ground him in reality again. “Born and raised Sunberthian, I figured. Be you’ll never guess where I’m from... Since I could basically be from anywhere.” The man's statement made Sh'Ky raise his eyebrow.

"A challenge, eh?" Stroking his chin, he began to pick apart the details of the man's face, but he just got as far as his shocking golden eyes, when Arvo shouted, loudly. “Oi!Crazy homeless guy with a knife behind you. Buzz off will you?" He poked the man with his sword."Go yell at some cheese or something.” This statement, even in a potentially tense situation, such as this, made 'Ky laugh out loud, which seemed to tick off the homeless man. Attempting to slap away Arvo's sword, the crazy man would then have half-leaped, half-ran straight at Sh'Ky, gibbering. "YOULAUGHED! THEYSAIDYOUWOULDLAUGH! IHATEYOU!" Surprised, Sh'Ky pulled out his sword and fell into the square stance that he had practiced often, last season. Hoping that he wouldn't have to hurt the old man, he performed a downwards-right, diagonal cut, from his left shoulder. From the tension of the situation, he began to grip the sword too tight, which meant if he missed, it would jar out of his hand.

Hopefully, Arvo could help him resolve this problem, and quick. He didn't want to attract any unwanted attention.

ImageImageImage
Sh'Ky Naes

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Going shopping.

Postby Arvo on September 22nd, 2014, 11:14 am

The old man sidestepped him. He petching sidestepped him like he wasn’t even there. Now THIS was certainly a stupid move. He seemed to have some vendetta against Ky, imagined or otherwise. Arvo rolled his eyes. It was so much effort not to just dispose of this man right away. But he had a feeling Ky was one of the moral kind of fellows, and Arvo wasn’t ready to let up his act just yet. And splattering a man’s blood all over his new acquaintance wouldn’t really be the best end to the conversation.

The old man made a flying leap for Ky, gushing about things that made no sense. Who the hell was ‘they’. The voices in his head, probably. “Gods…” Arvo muttered as he followed the man and grabbed his wrist, which held the knife, and squeezed hard enough to cause pain, but without actually breaking the frail old bones. “Don’t turn your back on a threat.” Arvo chided “What a waste of time. Drop the petching knife or I’ll make you drop it, yeah?” He said, his face serious, and rather pissed off.

Arvo wouldn’t let go until the old petcher let go of his weapon “The rust on that knife is more likely to kill me than the cutting edge anyway.” He said tightening his grip, the other arm around the man’s neck.

Other character(s)
Billie
Arvo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Going shopping.

Postby Sh'Ky Naes on September 23rd, 2014, 2:23 am

Date

Twisting the sword suddenly to the side, Sh'Ky stopped his swing, barely managing to miss both the crazy man, and Arvo. Managing to angle the momentum of the blade upward, he pulled off a very wobbly flourish, a simple one that made the sword raise up to an upward angled position, parallel with his left shoulder, and sheathed the sword awkwardly.

Moving directly in front of the crazy man, he peered into his eyes, a glimmer of recognition in his ice-blue irises. As he approached the ragged old man, the man flailed around, trying to swing the knife. Looking deeply into his face, Sh'Ky's eyes brightened. "Jeffery? Is that you?" The crazy-looking man dropped his knife, and if Arvo let go, gave a mock bow. If he didn't, he dipped his head as if giving such a bow.

"Yes, boy, it's me." Tapping his nose, if he had his hand free, he said, "I just wanted to see you one last time, and tell you something." Sh'Ky paled. "Wh-What do you mean, 'one last time'? You're not THAT old, Jeff." At the man's look downwards, Sh'Ky became insistent, pleading. "Please, Jeffery, tell me! What do you mean?"

The old man, with a sad look in his eye, looked at Sh'Ky as he pleaded. Thinking for a few seconds, he finally spoke. "'Ky. In every man's life, there comes a time when he knows that he's going to die." Winking, he looked up into 'Ky's eyes. "I've lived a full life, m'boy. Now please, let me leave this world with a clean conscience." Serious, he asked 'Ky some words that hit him like a hammer blow. "Will you forgive me, 'Ky?" Choking up, Sh'Ky nodded, bleary-eyed. The old man smiled, and if Arvo had let him go, he walked off, towards the pier. If he didn't, he kicked out behind him, towards his knee. Walking calmly, he eventually reached the edge of the platform, and sat on the dock, staring into the sun.

Turning back to Arvo, he simply said, "He practically raised me." Heading back to the stalls, he picked up a red scarf, and a pair of gray gloves. Handing the owner of the stall the amount of coin he asked for, he put on the gloves and wrapped the scarf around his neck, draped across his shoulders. Looking back at Arvo, he held out his arms, gesturing to himself. "Well, how do I look?" The statement was delivered with a sardonic, bitter smile.

ImageImageImage
Sh'Ky Naes

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes