Closed Chasing The Wave Horse (M & Zydrunas)

From Dusk 'till Dawn...The Director's Cut!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Chasing The Wave Horse (M & Zydrunas)

Postby Prakash on September 13th, 2014, 12:11 pm

Timestamp: 52th of Fall, 514 AV
Setting: Nearing dusk on a Full Moon night.

The entire season already, strange occurances followed up one after the other. And the most prominent one, the sudden and sometimes drastic change in people's personas and attitudes, was on-going without any end in sight. Something that annoyed Prakash and Drath to no end, al though Drath did care less about it than Prakash because of more 'stagelight' being shone upon him, now that the Akalak seemed to have lost the stability and control over his duality. He'd never admit being so vain though, but the telltale signs were there for Prakash to take notice of. Who in turn was too nice and understanding to take Drath's 'primetime' away from him or even let out a snide remark.

One thing that wasn't altered or lost, was their desire to sniff out and solve riddles and mysteries. In that aspect, this season was a dream come true with everything that was going on, but the Akalak had too much common sense to go digging too deep into something as grandscale as this. He realized there was no way this was going by unnoticed by the higher-ups and as such decided to let it be solved and probably eventually covered up by themselves. But apart from that grand mystery, there were tons of other ones sprouting up like pimples on a puberescent boy before his first date.

This evening, for one, was a goldmine to the Akalak. First he went to the Message Square where he nosed through the messages hung up on the vines, flirted a bit with the chirpy woman 'Wind' who took care of the Square as usual, and then eventually found a semi-interesting note hung on approximately knee level on a vine stating:

"I sure hope that the Wave Horse appears on tonight's full moon! My mommy said that it's a guardian angel in the form of a sapphire horse galopping across the waves...I want a guardian angel!!! To save me from the bullying of that Shiva girl that keeps pushing me in the mud! Save me Horsey Angel, Saveeee meeeee!!!"

The dramatic writing was too much to bear and both sides of the Akalak bursted out in giddish laughing as they tried their best to not look at the angry Wind staring the Akalak down. Prakash knew he was not allowed to laugh at any messages he read as they are usually important to the writer in one form or another. Which was spoken truth and needed to be respected, but this was just too much.

In any way, that piece of the puzzle was quite uninteresting to say it kindly, but it so happened that a new lake had mysteriously formed outside of Riverfall a few days ago, near the waterpark, and rumors had sprung up like wild berries about the posssibility of seeing the Wave Horse at Plunge Pool Bay tonight and going there was a surefire way of crushing the ambitions of many young lads with their loved ones visiting the area under the starry nightsky blanket.

While still a much too dreamy lead to go on to go Wave Horse hunting, the Akalak found himself in a bar near dusk where many of the bar's patrons were discussing what to do with themselves tonight and whether or not go to Plunge Pool Bay with a couple of bottles in their brace. It was there and then that Prakash overheard someone speak that only fools would go to the Bay, the true Seekers would know it was not there the Horse would appear tonight.

For some reason, the voice and way of speaking mezmerised the young Akalak...And the ball started rolling.
- Prakash
- Yato
- Seyral (Inactive)
Prakash
The Seeker

Words: 57247
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2014, 8:07 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Chasing The Wave Horse (M & Zydrunas)

Postby Zydrunas on September 14th, 2014, 7:31 am

Zydrunas snorted rather loudly, his entire steps turning into a half swagger and then a slide as he worked his way forward. The quarterstaff was within his grip, the layers of his coat brought around his form as he moved - the gentle clunk of wood tapping against the floor, until finally he managed to clamber up onto the bar stool. Eyes blinked into the low light, a twitch of nostrils as the city of dreams became alive in a different sense. Yes, dream. Perhaps it was only now that Zydrunas had become accustomed to the fact the city was beyond his imagination, a flicker of some strange desire that had been pulled forth across his eyes. An illusion, a dream. It could not be real, it was far too surreal to be otherwise. And no one had yet to convince him completely that it was not. Lips were licked, a taste of the air as the eyes gave a glance around the bar light.

All around him the great hulking forms of the Akalak met his gaze, the tones of reds, blues and other precious stones making up their skin. They almost seemed to glimmer in the low light, the low voices humming and strumming through the air. The eyes blinked, and he raised the half full glass to his lips and drunk. Only to pull a face at the somewhat horrid taste - not that it would stop him. Dream or not, he had paid for this drink and he was sure as well going to consume it.

"Where you think you're going to go then little man?" a rather boisterous Akalak bleated in his ear - his blue skin had seemingly tinted to purple around his cheeks and the strong stench of ale rested around him. He saw the blue arm clap him around the shoulders, a firm jerk closer and the broad tip of the digit pressing against his chest. The golden orbs gave a look up, a gentle turning of the head as he tried to work out what the topic was. He gave another long slurp, then issued a, "What?"
"The wave horse! The wave horse! Where you going to go?"

It must be another strange tradition or celebration he mused quietly to himself, his brow rising as he gave consideration. It took a few moments, but eventually words formed into thought, "I do not think I will be par-"
"What!?"
Came the loud exclamation of objection. The Dhani gave a flinch away, his drink further slopping about as the Akalak proceeded to speak louder and louder, "You must go! It is the only thing you must do! Answers your wishes if you catch it!"
"Well, I could go..."
"That's the spirit! Now come! Where will you go?"

Zydrunas tasted the alcohol on his lips, and bringing himself to stand he gave a general point in the direction of the bay and announced - very clearly - his intentions on where he was going to go, "I will be going to the bay!"
"You a fool!"
"Neigh! I am a clever man! You are the fool for not remembering little pony creature will prefer big open area in which to flee from!"
There was a very dramatic point down then, the other hand having seemingly landed on his hip, "And I will prove you wrong!"

Laughter was received, and as Zydrunas clambered down from his stool he begun to make strides across - the quarterstaff as always being dragged behind him. He gave a firm point to the young Akalak who entered, a firm voice escaping from him in those foreign tones, "You! Coloured giant man! We are going hunting for water pony-"
"Horse!"
One of the men chimed in.
"Whatever! And we will prove them wrong, dah?" Zydrunas made no room for him attempt to answer back, already the hand was coming round to give him a firm nudging push to the exit, "For we are powerful and mighty hunter, no water critter will out run we!" He had tried resisting the dream, now it was time to embrace it.
Smooth Snakey, Cool Snakey, Little ball of scales. Happy Snakey, Sleepy Snakey, hiss hiss hiss.
Common | Snake-tongue | Arumenic

Aiming to post every Wednesday and Sunday.
Zydrunas
Seeking safety in the lies

Words: 67680
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2014, 9:24 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)