Closed Hey, are you okay!?

Phelan finds an unconcious Cecily

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Hey, are you okay!?

Postby Phelan Lyall on September 20th, 2014, 11:00 pm

1st of Fall

Phelan yawned as he walked down the streets of Lhavit as Summer turned to fall, only half awake at the moment. The wolf had been driven from sleep by dream of his late father and had decided to walk the streets of Lhavit until he was too exhausted to dream rather than just sit in bed and try to fall asleep. So after he had changed to human form and gotten dressed, he had wound up wandering almost the whole city and was only more awake then usual.

Eventually, the wolf decided that a walk up the Trail of Waterfalls and turned towards the gate. If nothing else, the Kelvic could change forms and curl up in the grass and sleep that way. It was always a rather relaxing way to sleep, and it might keep the dreams at bay.

However, as the wolf approached the gate, he saw a woman with long hair lying on the ground in front of the gate. Walking up to her, he crouched down and shook her, at first thinking she was still asleep. Then he got a good look at her, at the damage that had been done to her. "Ah, shyke. Hey, wake up!" he said, panicking a bit as he shook her again. When she didn't wake up, the blacksmith scooped her up in his arms and started towards The Catholicon, hoping he would get there in time.

When he got to there, he knocked on the door and waited agitatedly for the doctor to come to the door. When she did, the half-symestran woman took one look at the woman in Phelan's arms and stepped aside. "Bring her in." she said, watching as the Kelvic brought her in. "Stay here while I treat her." Alessia said as she showed Phelan where to set the girl.

Some time later, the doctor stepped back from the unconscious girl and looked at Phelan. "She'll survive, but she might need to stay here. I'll know for sure when she wakes up. Stay with her while I attend to some other patients that are staying here. Call me if she wakes up." she said, before walking over to her other patients. Pulling up a seat next to the girl, Phelan sat down next to the girl he had brought to the doctor. "Well..here's hoping you wake up soon..." he said quietly.
Phelan Lyall
Player

Words: 11111
Joined roleplay: September 6th, 2014, 2:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Hey, are you okay!?

Postby Cecily on September 25th, 2014, 7:23 pm

Cecily began to regain her consciousness, but her mind was still in a dazed state. Her entire body ached and felt heavy. She felt she didn't even have the strength to lift her eye lids. Her abdomen was sore, and her thighs felt as if they were on fire. Cecily wanted to speak, she wanted to know where she was, how she had gotten there, and why she was even alive. Was I able to drag myself all the way here? No, that can't be possible... she thought to herself. Cecily heard a voice, but one that was unfamiliar to her.

Thousands of scary thoughts and depressing scenarios whirled around in her mind. Had she been kidnapped? Did she do something wrong? Did whoever found her think she was dead, and she's going to be examined? Cecily was frightened in the truest sense of the word. Despite being unable to open her eyes, Cecily felt tears forming the second time in too short of a period. If she was in a bad place, then this was hardly the time for her to be crying like a helpless little girl, the exact opposite of what she yearned to be. She wanted to be strong, so how could something so trivial as falling out a tree leave her so defenseless?

The worst part of it all, was that Cecily had technically been defeated by one stupid bird. She wasn't even prepared for one single, stupid, rude bird. Was she really so weak? She didn't really have much skills in terms of fighting, but she did her best to take care of herself. There were so many things that Cecily wanted to excel in, but at that moment, she truly doubting her very being for the first time in her life.

For so long, so had held back tears and anger and sorrow, but Cecily began to think that it was all for nothing, and she couldn't even figure out why. And there wasn't a thing she could do in the state she was in, she couldn't run, couldn't fight back, couldn't hide. Cecily had nowhere to run, and knew nothing of her fate.
Cecily
Player

Words: 12080
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2014, 4:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hey, are you okay!?

Postby Phelan Lyall on September 25th, 2014, 7:59 pm

Phelan sat and watched the girl, at first thinking that she wasn't going to wake up anytime soon. Indeed, she didn't seem to move at all, or make much noise so he assumed she was completely unconscious. At least, he thought she was unconscious until he saw that she was crying. "Hey, are you awake? Look...your at the Catholicon, the hospital here in Lhavit. I found you outside the gate, injured and unconscious, and brought you here." he said, reaching out and wiping away the girls tears. Looking up, Phelan spotted the doctor and waved her over. "I think she's awake, but she's not talking or moving, just crying." he said quietly.

Looking the girl over, Alessia prepared a small vial of some liquid that was completely unidentifiable to Phelan. "The injury has drained her strength. This will restore some of it, but she shouldn't stay awake too long." she said, lifting the girl's head and pouring some of the liquid into her mouth. "She should swallow this, and assuming she does, she'll be able to talk for a bit. I'd like to know what caused the injury, see if there's something I might have missed." she said, watching the girl carefully to make sure she swallowed.
Phelan Lyall
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Hey, are you okay!?

Postby Cecily on September 26th, 2014, 5:50 pm

Cecily heard the voice speak to her again, but this time she could hear genuine concern and sincerity. She was able to make out what the voice was telling her.

"Look...you're at the Catholicon, the hospital here in Lhavit. I found you outside the gate, injured and unconscious, and brought you here." As soon as those words hit her, a wave of relief washed over her entire being, and she could feel the warmth of another's touch wiping her tears away. Cecily felt much safer knowing she had been found by someone kind, and brought to the very place she had been born in order to help her.

Soon after, Cecily felt some odd tasting liquid drip past her lips. The strange liquid was smooth, and easily flowed into her mouth and down her throat, and she felt as though some of her energy had been restored, and she opened her mouth to speak. "Tree... stupid bird... probably... overweight..."

Cecily slurred her words a bit as she spoke, and she tried her best to tell whoever was listening what had happened to her in as little words as possible, but she doubted she did a very good job. She really wanted to help the doctors out as much as she could in order to make up for her own weaknesses that brought her there.

She felt tears forming once again as she used all of the energy she had left to say, "Sorry... more work..." And fell unconscious once again.
Last edited by Cecily on September 27th, 2014, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cecily
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hey, are you okay!?

Postby Phelan Lyall on September 26th, 2014, 11:57 pm

Phelan listened quietly as the girl gave a garbled account of what had happened to her, then watched the doctor shake her head as the girl fell asleep again. "She should be fine, but she's not out of the woods yet. Stay with her, tell me if she wakes up." the half-sym said before walking away from the two.

As the doctor left, Phelan scooted next to the girl again and once again wiped her tears away. I don't think you're being extra work...course, I'm not sure you can hear me right now, so...well, that's how it goes I suppose." he said quietly as waited for her to wake up again. "Could be worse, really. You could be bleeding out of the head or some such." he said, thinking as he settled in to wait for the girl to wake up.

Common

Thoughts
Phelan Lyall
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Hey, are you okay!?

Postby Cecily on October 4th, 2014, 6:13 pm

Cecily didn't stay still for very long, and her eyes shot open as she jolted up to meet eyes with a man she had never seen before. He looked rather strange to her, his hair was a mess, but shockingly enough, the same color as her own. For one reason or another, this fact had piqued her interest. Of course, since she had obviously been given some kind of medicine, the pain that shot up her spine was a bit delayed, so it took a few moments for her to feel it, and she yelped in agony. She didn't want to concern the kind stranger more than she had already, so she quickly stated,
"I'm fine, I just sat up a little too quickly, that's all..."
Despite just regaining consciousness, Cecily had many questions she wanted to ask him. Who are you? Why did you help me? What's your name? Do you live in Lhavit? As many questions as she had, she decided to hold them back for the time being, because she felt it'd be rude to bombard him with questions at this time.

Cecily
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hey, are you okay!?

Postby Phelan Lyall on October 9th, 2014, 4:22 pm

Phelan jumped as the girl suddenly shot into a position, then leaned forward as she yelped in pain. "You okay?" he asked, before nodding slowly as she said she had just sat up too quickly. "She's awake, ma'am." he said to the doctor, who looked up and nodded.

As the girl let out a small barrage of questions, the doctor sat down next to her and began to check for any further injuries. "Uh...my name's Phelan Lyall, I'm a blacksmith from here in town. And you looked like you really needed help, you were unconscious by the gate." he said, a little awkwardly as he wasn't great at talking when put on the spot. After a moment, the doctor spoke up. "It seems you're out of danger, for the most part, but you'll need to stay here and stay laying down. We don't want to damage your back anymore than it is. Call me if you feel anything change." she said before walking away.

After the doctor left, Phelan leaned back in closer to the girl. "How about you? What's your name?" he asked gently and quietly, in case she had a headache.

Common

Thoughts
Phelan Lyall
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Hey, are you okay!?

Postby Cecily on October 22nd, 2014, 8:50 pm

Cecily looked at this new person in her life and sort of just blinked at him a while, processing what was going on.

"Nice to meet you, Phelan," she said politely. "Thank you so very much for helping me. You're a blacksmith? I'm a jewelsmith." Cecily nodded to the nurse as she walked away, and then she found Phelan's face very close to hers, and it startled her so much that she had almost fallen out of the hospital bed.

"How about you? What's your name?" Phelan had asked her.

Cecily replied abruptly, "Cecily Lightfoot. If I may ask, what species are you? You don't seem human for some reason." She blushed as she said this, since she had never been so rude in her entire existence. Nevertheless, she'd scold herself later, as she actually was indeed extremely curious. As she had mentioned to him, he didn't seem human to her for some reason, there was always a possibility she could be wrong.
Cecily
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes