Completed Halloweenies!? [Shiyami]

Dmitri gets involved in a dare, with ghastly consequences...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Halloweenies!? [Shiyami]

Postby Dmitri Saratov on October 31st, 2014, 3:08 pm

Timestamp: 4th of Fall, 514 AV

'What do these drunks see in this sewage swill?!'

That was the first thing Dmitri thought of his ordered ale, after swallowing a large gulp and instantly contorting his face, completely disgusted with it. Still, he had stayed, as the bar had a lively crowd and the atmosphere wasn't halfbad to reside in, especially when you spend the majority of your time all by your self. Something Dmitri had done for the majority of his life and had grown accustomed to it during his life in Ravok, for some reason he wasn't the recluse he used to be, not in Sunberth. Maybe it was the long trip he had to spend with other people, during his emigration from Ravok with the caravan colony. Maybe it was simply because Sunberth was always abuzz with life, as crummy at it may be for most of its residents!

Granted, regardless of his lesser asocial behaviour here, he was still very much keeping his guard up most of the time. Tonight wasn't different in that aspect, he had dressed casual but simultaneously carefully planned, even going as far to use his Disguise Kit. He had dressed with some of the kit's clothing, which was pretty much unused before, as well as used special dyes and tools to make himself look as unrecognisable as he could manage with his limited experience. Drawing thin 'rimples' around his eyes, mouth, cheekbones and forehead. He had contemplated doing the whole shabam and charcoal or dye his face. But he figured, with his amateurism, it would look grotesque and borderline retarded, resulting in him leaving a memorable impression. Which was simply the opposite of what he was trying to accomplish.

Disguised, or what should be the case anyway, as an older man than he really was and dressed in heavy, padded, clothes to increase his apparent weight and size, he had set foot in the great unknown, a casual night out! After having pushed through the disgusting slop's taste of his ales, that the bartender even dared to charge for, he started losing his reservations. Dmitri even did something that was as foreign to him as empathy, he started to break the ice and start conversations with random people at the counter.

At first it was awkward as a three-legged deer trying to jump, but the more he started to mumble and jumble drunken words, the easier it seemed to get. It was around the time that he was undeniably drunk, and stating that fact to everyone around him, as if they needed the confirmation from this stumbling 'old' lightweight drunkie, that it really hit the fan. The bartender, the petching bartender was to blame for the night that was to come. There was some bad blood boiling between some customers apparently and trashtalk was being thrown back and forth, until the Hogwasher, as Dmitri tried to call him multiple times. Fortunately for him, his words were pretty much undecypherable for anyone at this point in time, double tongued as he could possibly get.

"Hey, badasses over there, simmer down! Tell y'all what, instead of spilling blood like any scrub can do, prove you got real balls! Go to the Dust Bed, foggy as the underworld itself since a few days, and stay there for TWO bells. I'll come get you personally, the one who's still there gets a prize from me, yours truly!"

"HOGWASHER!" Dmitri shouted...His drink was empty! Al though all that came out was "BLOUAWSHA!".

"Yeah yeah, you get to go too, old man, wouldn't surprise me if you came back with soaked pants though!"

The 2 'tough guys' agreed upon the dare with a shake, with Dmitri smacking his hand on it as well.

"LEZZO BHASDLAHS... RAZE DYA!"
Which in 'Common' would mean:
"LET'S GO BASTARDS...RACE YA!"

Dmitri, like any proper drunk, walked the walk and started racing through the seedy bar, to the hilarity of everyone, except the ones whose mugs he bumped out their hands, as he fell facefirst near the door.

"Take that petching whoreson with y'all, dump him in one of the graves for all I care!"

And so, the brave threesome went on their rosy way to the Dust Bed!
Last edited by Dmitri Saratov on November 8th, 2014, 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri Saratov
The Rad Russian

Words: 79688
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2014, 6:25 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Halloweenies!? [Shiyami]

Postby Shiyami on October 31st, 2014, 6:08 pm

Shiyami smiled, as he 'stood' on a gravestone that marked where a person was buried. Multiple other stones was scattered around in neat, orderly rows, their numbers shoving those who had died. Well, those who died and had someone who cared enough to bury them.

"I wonder where my body is...?", he had muttered to himself, before a quiet burst of giggles pulled him out of his reverie. Turning to look over his shoulder, he was greeted with a view of two girls playing some kind of game, one that has to do with chasing each other around a gravestone. Not that they were ordinary girls anyways, as more than half the time, the girls had ran through the gravestone.

Shiyami sighed, before looking at himself. It was one of the first days since coming to Sunberth, that he was wondering if he should travel elsewhere, and perhaps find the old, sagely ghost. He did mention Sahova before, so perhaps he should make his way there at some point.

His black hair and cloak seemed to almost wave in the nonexistent wind, likewise Kimi's long white hair and dress did so as well. Only Kichi's hair and clothing didn't move, as she has not completely integrated herself to act more similar to the living.

He was about to speak up and suggest a change in location, as the deep fog that hung over Dust Bed did not give one a great view, when he heard the sounds of footsteps. Turning to look in the direction of the sound, he sighed. "I believe we might have company. Possibly two or more, if the footsteps are any hint.", he muttered, more so towards himself than anyone else. Floating over to the two girls, he interrupted their game with a slight smile.

"We will be having company, and from the sounds of their unsteady footfalls, they seem drunk. Shall we play a little game?", he explained the situation, as well as suggesting a new game for them all to play. Of course, he got two positive responses.

With their plans now set, they hid from visible sight, even if the newcomers were to come within viewing distance.
Shiyami
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Halloweenies!? [Shiyami]

Postby Dmitri Saratov on October 31st, 2014, 6:42 pm

The crisp air during these late hours and the chilling wind accompanyin it faithfully, made a great tag-team to sober up Dmitri, slowly but surely he regained his normal composure along the realization what a careless baboon he had been most of the night, not to mention the predicament he got himself in. His pride and the dangers of walking the dark alleys and streets on your own at this time, kept him from turning back to the city's core, but it was a hardfought battle of heart versus mind. Neither of those were sure of one decision or the other, eventually he accepted his fate and walked as straight as he could muster between the two scrubs that seemed to have become best chums during their walk towards the Dust Bed.

"Oh look, our old man here seems to have stable feet once more! But damn, man, you sure drink your mugs quick...And get drunk even faster! Bwhahaha!"

The two lowlives laughed in unison, to which Dmitri only responded with a soft grumble, he wasn't in the best mood at the moment and these 2 numbskulls started to tick him off. He even contemplated a few swift stabs to their exposed backs to end their miserable lives, empty their pockets and then go to take a nap at the Dust Bed to win the prize that cursed bartender spoke about...And maybe kill him too, just for fun!

The conversations between the 2 broadshouldered men with heads like boulders, ranged from dumb and childish to the type of conversations that could be held by making lots of gestures and apelike sounds. Lost in thought as how best to expose of these two insufferable gorillas, Dmitri didn't even notice they had arrived at the Dust Bed until he suddenly found himself lost in the fog, thicker than smoke and vaster than a lake, he had no idea where he was or which direction the others were at. He could be lost here for years on end, still he'd never ever stoop so low as to call for help from those 2.

With hands and arms stretched out, he shakily stumbled about for a while. BAM! The sudden impact on his knee caused him to tumble forward, over the gravestone he had just hit and which had been sneakily, and painfully obvious really, too low to be felt by his sensory hands in the fog.

"Rrraaahh, petch this shykeeeeee!!"
He grunted and cursed, rubbing his knee furiously while sitting on the grass behind the gravestone. Looking around him,he could see exactly jack shyke in the nightly fog and with the gravestone-cushion behind him, he decided it was best to take a nap here. Not like anyone was going to stumble across him in the middle of this mist and at this location, anyway, even less so in the dread of the night! Before he knew it, he was already snoozing carefree against the gravestone. In the middle of the night. In an eery mist. In the Dust Bed...

Talk about balls of steel.
Dmitri Saratov
The Rad Russian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Halloweenies!? [Shiyami]

Postby Shiyami on November 3rd, 2014, 5:00 pm

As the ghosts stayed hidden from visible view, they noticed, or more like heard, the living group seemed to have split. Losing track of two of the three, the ghosts decided to turn their attention onto the third. A seemingly older man, who probably came here drunk. Most likely as a challenge, as no normal human would ever come to such an ominous location.

"How are you planning to do it?", Kimi had whispered, with Shiyami muttering, "No clue." in response. While the ghosts were pondering over their plans, it was the youngest that gave them the idea. It wasn't as if the two had no kind of idea how to scare someone in such an environment. No, it was the direct opposite. They had far too many methods to pull this little game off, that the two were having problems choosing what to do.

However, the two were saved by the youngest of them all. Without saying a word, Kichijou had floated towards the man, before materializing. She floated a foot off the ground, before stopping right in front of the man.

"Hey, wake up~!", she called out, her young and innocent voice contrasting against the gloomy atmosphere of the foggy Dust Bed. Her method, though simple, was rather interesting nonetheless.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Halloweenies!? [Shiyami]

Postby Dmitri Saratov on November 4th, 2014, 10:19 am

To sprinkle some bizzare on the oddness of it all, Dmitri had a fairly relaxing dreamstate for once! Usually there were all kinds of grotesque scenarios with painfully obvious meanings to them, before his mental eye. Not this time though, he was dreaming something strange nonetheless. He saw nobody in his dream, including himself, all he saw were landscapes and panoramic views of nature. And somehow, between all those utopia'esque sceneries, there snuck in one that was grim, gritty and just plain filthy...Yet he felt best during that one. Snoozing his way to bliss, it was no surprise he frowned and grumbled agitated when he started to wake up due to some noise and a sudden drop in temperature, or at least it seemed to be as he doubted he'd been able to sleep like that in this kind of icy weather from the get-go.

After fluttering his eyelids and trying to come up with the reason why everything was so foggy around and why he was outside to begin with. Memories of last night came to him and he grunted, major headache, major body ache and freezing his nads off to boot. He felt so unbelievably bleurgh that there had to be a damn good reason and a good timespan between now and then, before he'd ever spent his night drinking like that again! Why had he woken up anyway? Oh, right, someone had talked to him...Wait

"Who's there?!" He shouted before shaking his head, batting his eyelids one last time and forcing himself to take reality in and cope with it. There was this girl before him, why the petching shyke was there a girl here, at a cemetary covered in fog, in these dreadfully late hour of the chilly night? Suspicious at best, he leaned his hand behind him against the gravestone and pushed himself off, shaky on his feet, he remained with one hand on the headstone as he inquired further.

"What are you doing h..."

Then he noticed the girl's feet weren't touching the dewed grass beneath them...
Dmitri Saratov
The Rad Russian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Halloweenies!? [Shiyami]

Postby Shiyami on November 4th, 2014, 4:12 pm

While waiting for the man to awaken, an most likely start to question who stood before him, both Shiyami and Kimi had already started whispering about the possible results, their bets flying back and forth in heated whispers, out of earshot from the living.

"He'll fall into panic", was followed by, "No, no, he's older than most, he might be ready for it.", and other scenarios being discussed. However varied those occasions were, they all had the same concept in mind. The man, was going to return home with his pants full of shyke.

Oblivious to the background conversation, Kichijou only giggled innocently, while smiling. "Hm~? 'Why am I here', is what you want to know?", she asked, less of a question, but more of a statement. Turning around, so that her back was facing the old man, she giggled again. "When I appear in front of people, the smarter ones start wailing, 'Please! Spare me!'. But you don't say anything...are you wishing to be brought to the other side~?", she asked, before facing the man again, that same innocent smile on her face.

The only thing the spectators could say or do during this situation was basically mutter a few lines to each other. Most of those lines would be similar to, "She....she's evil...", and, "I think your deviousness is rubbing off on her...", and a few more verbal jabs at each other.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Halloweenies!? [Shiyami]

Postby Dmitri Saratov on November 5th, 2014, 12:57 pm

Dmitri was dumbfounded, showing it by his facial expression undoubtedly as well, but trying hard to grasp the situation before him. Either this ethereal girlie was infamous in Sunberth and somehow Dmitri had never heard any tales about her in the last few years he was there..Or she was yanking his chain. Ghosts were far from an abnormality in Mizahar, in general, so it literally left him shaking his head in disbelief at this scene. Al though he had to admit, the scenery complimented her creepy giggling and speech well! The dark tombs, leafless trees and even a small mausoleum in the distance peering through the thick fog made him secondguess himself. Would he take the risk of playing along, tell her off or actually be on his guard?

He decided for secret option #4, a comboption, as he called in his mind. Which almost made him grin at his own stupid 'creation', almost, he started wondering if he could outplay this girl in her own girl, sure he was 'fairly skilled' at it, compared to most anyway. But comparing his abilities in acting, pitting it against a ghost that has been adrift between Mizahar and the Afterlife, for who knows how long ... It piqued his interest.

"I...I don't deserve to go to the Afterlife....My wife, I killed her, I HAD TO!...But to put me through the ordeal, not once, but TWICE?! Damn the Deities!"

Dmitri pretended to sob, holding his face with his hands. A small curling at the end of his lips formed while doing so, he even let out a small snicker. Covered up smoothly by his sobs, he rounded it up by slowing down his sniffling and raising his head slowly, facing the girl with the saddest, emotionally agonised, face he could muster.

"I...Is that why you are here?! Did Emily ask you to avenge her, no, that's impossible right? Since I killed her TWICE! Damn it, damn it allll ~~ !"

Sad puppy eyes ensued as he wondered how she would react to these vague wailings, if she would have the guts to ask him what he meant by 'twice'...
Dmitri Saratov
The Rad Russian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Halloweenies!? [Shiyami]

Postby Shiyami on November 5th, 2014, 4:16 pm

Disbelief. Every single ghost looked at the man with utter disbelief, unable to say a single word. What started as a joke, seems to have delved deeper into some kind of problematic scenario, one that perhaps should have stayed buried. "T-this...what should we do...?", Kimi had quickly whispered to Shiyami, who frowned but kept silent. Truth to be honest, he highly doubted that this man could truly kill the same person twice.

Being killed the first time would make them victim a ghost, which was nigh on impossible to get rid off, much less kill. The closest thing that Shiyami could think off was probably....dusting a ghost. But this man would not reveal such a vulnerable act if he was a Spiritist.

While deliberating over the next course of action, Kichijou once again took the initiative. "I've never met Emily, but maybe you two can meet each other on the other side~?", she said happily, even clapping her hands together as if it was a brilliant idea.

"Now come~", she giggled, as she slowly reached out her hand towards the man's throat, once again solidifying the older ghosts' opinions of the younger's deviousness.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Halloweenies!? [Shiyami]

Postby Dmitri Saratov on November 7th, 2014, 7:47 am

'Shyke, not good...'

Dmitri's eyes moved from fake sorrow, to real fear, as the chill he felt only grew more and more intense the more this ghastly girl came closer, her act was unbelievably well played, to the point that Dmitri started to doubt his first impression. Was this ghost as harmless as he had figured, he wasn't going to find out firsthand, that's for damned sure.

"OKAY! Giving up, you got me scared shykeless..."

Dmitri was hoping in all that was worldly and otherwise, that the girl would know what he was talking about, and not seriously going to bring him to 'the other side'. He spoke while throwing up his hands and visibly moving back out of her reach. The fear was mixed with demused amusement as he had lost this battle of wits, if it had been that at all.

'In the name of the Deities, let this not be the end!'

Dmitri's heart and mind were racing, adrenaline building up and he had to fight the urge to turn tail and run as best as he could. His breath heavy and visible because of the emitting cold from the ghost, even when surrounded by this dense fog. Awaiting confirmation, praying for confirmation, from the phantom, Dmitri's eyes trying to lock on the girl's face, which was hard to do on such a vague'esque appearance.
Dmitri Saratov
The Rad Russian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Halloweenies!? [Shiyami]

Postby Shiyami on November 7th, 2014, 3:13 pm

"....maybe we should stop her...?", Kimi had suggested to Shiyami, who had at first shrugged his shoulder. After all, this was only a little prank, nothing really harmful. That is, until he remembered that Kichijou was truly a child, and probably would not know where to stop her game.

Correctly assumed, Kichijou was still reaching towards the neck of the man, her pale, translucent hand like a claw or a vice. However, before she could actually touch the man, Kimi blinked to the younger ghost's side, and gently taking hold of the outstretched hand. "Enough, Kichi.", she softly said, as she pulled back the outstretched hand.

Shiyami also blinked over, before laughing. "My, my. It seems this game has reached its conclusion, else it no longer becomes a harmless game.", he spoke, before placing a hand fondly on the smallest ghost's head. That seemed to be a cue, one lost that is, as Kichijou glanced at Shiyami in confusion, before understanding occurred.

Facing the older man, Kichijou bowed slightly, before speaking. "Sorry gramps, for scaring you.", she said, although it was obvious that she had enjoyed the 'game'.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next