[Riverside Isle Park] Petch it(Mirian Jade)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Tink Scalpellion on November 7th, 2014, 5:29 am

Fall 23
Walking around the park was one of Tink's favorite pasttimes. It soothed the mind and gave him quiet time to think. With no interruptions, Tink ignored the voices around him and walked. Calmly, he thought about his parents, family, and then his mind drifted to deeper issues.

What am I going to do next in life. Where will I travel? What will I learn? What will I do? Questions drifted all through Tinks mind with no order or fashion. I guess,if I want to help people, I'll need to learn how to defend them. I wish magic wasn't outlawed in Sunberth. Imagine, all the power one could have!

Thinking deeply, Tink wasn't watching in front of him, when suddenly he heard a scream and then the sound of someone falling.
Current maximum reply time per thread: two days.
Tink Scalpellion
Herbalistic Healing Pycon

Words: 17660
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2014, 3:39 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Mirian Jade on November 7th, 2014, 6:12 am

Mirian was uneasy. Which in itself wasn’t all that strange of a state for her to be in, considering that she was in the heart of Daggerhand territory.

It wasn’t that she was worried about gang warfare. At least, not at this time of day and certainly not in the Riverside Isle Park. Dalagnar may have been dead, but it would take more than that for his legacy to follow after him. No, it was the patrolsmen she was worried about––it was a well-known fact that Daggerhand could do what they damn well pleased in the park, and it was a well-known fact that they took advantage of that freedom when and where the fancy struck them.

Still, the Riverside was a far shot better than lying gutted in an alleyway, which was where she might very well be if she hadn’t made the split-second decision to cut through the ganglands to lose her pursuer. Every thief had their good days, but they had their bad days, too––those days when the victim looked over at exactly the wrong moment and caught her in the act, and even worse when they decided to give chase.

She’d escaped him, alright, a feat that brought her an immeasurable amount of relief and a small bit of pride. So what if she was a long walk away from the Sunset Quarters? She was alive. And as long as she had that to say about herself, she considered things to be pretty good. Even with the pronounced limp that had overtaken her leg.

In all honesty, she really wasn’t quite sure what had done it––a step taken badly, her little tumble in the third alley, even just the strain of such a long run––but her left ankle hurt like a bitch, and while it wasn’t exactly sending her into throes of agony it made even walking a difficult task.

Thank the gods for whoever invented benches.

The halfbreed plopped herself into the first one she saw, one with a nice lovely view of the water, and pulled her offended foot into her lap. She rolled the joint experimentally, and the muscles all but screamed in protest––not a good idea. Wincing, Mirian set her foot back on the ground and stretched out her leg, letting her tendons relax weightlessly and without the need for labor.

Her moment of peace and quiet lasted for a whole three minutes, which she considered fairly lucky in hindsight.

It was the huffing and puffing of a man unused to running that first alerted her, and she turned in alarm to see the unmistakable form that she had just spent so long running from. Damn it all to Hai; did the man know no limits? Mirian struggled off of the bench, and as she did the man came to a quick halt, gasping for the breath to form words.

“You think you can do that, girlie? Jus’ steal from me and run?”

“That’s what I just did, so I’d say I can.”

“Shaddup!” he said, hands balling into fists as he came at her.

Mirian was no fool. She knew she couldn’t run away. He didn’t look to be in the best of shape, either, but he was larger and stronger than she.

Mirian managed to scoot out of the way of a swung fist, the strike made wild and clumsy with exhaustion.

She, however, had had the foresight to come with an advantage. At least, something that would give her an advantage over an unarmed man.

The second strike found its mark before she could get her hand into her pocket, and Mirian let out a huff of wind as he sunk his fist into her stomach. He couldn’t have a weapon, or he would have reached for it by now.

Her hand closed around the hilt of her knife, but he’d already wrapped his arms around her shoulders, gaining control of the weight of her body. On instinct, Mirian smashed the crown of her head into his chin, an action that left her skull reeling but startled him enough for her to bury her blade into the closest bit of flesh she could find.

He let out a howl and tore free, clutching at his brand new leg wound. The force was enough to set Mirian off balance, and she let out a scream as she lost her footing. She stumbled back, over the limit of the stones, and fell––straight into the water.
ImageImageImage[/center]
Mirian Jade
made of bad days

Words: 99636
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2014, 3:32 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tink Scalpellion on November 8th, 2014, 6:06 am

Sigh. This was like the third person today to trip over Tink. Except,this time, the lady wanted revenge. Tink was peacefully walking along when he got kicked in the face and heard a scream followed by a dull thump. Why couldn't people watch where they were going carefully.

I wonder how long this lades gonna scream at me. She probably has a sailors mouth. I guess she might have a bloody lip. Questions flew through Tink's head and he didn't have any answers yet.

Looking up, Tink realized that his hands and the ground around him were now dyed pink and he could only see a pink wall in front of him. That's odd. I must have hit my head harder than I originally though. I must be blacking out and dreaming,but it's quite a lifelike dream. Then, Tink looked up.

First off, why does a Sunberthian woman not wear underwear when she is walking around. Second, Tink figured he pissed off the woman even more and was probably in a deeper pile of shyke. The pink wall suddenly lifted off of him and he was blinded by the amount of sunlight shining on him. He did notice center the woman glaring at him and preparing to open her mouth.

"Oh My gods! You tripped me to see up my dress you perverted little monster! I'm gonna have bruises on me before my meeting later! How much did you see under their? Hmm! Tell me!" the woman screamed as she waved her hands.

Tink could guess the type of 'meeting' she was going to. That probably explained the lack of underwear in her clothing choices. Oh well, Tink probably had lots of explaining to do now.

"Ma'am I'm so sorry that you tripped over me. It wasn't my intention for any of this to happen! Is there anything I can do for you?" Tink explained.

"Apologize. After this. 'Not your intentions' Hah! I don't believe a word your sayin' you filthy,little, lying beast…" the woman continued to scream, but Tink quit listening to her when he heard a splash and scream farther down the bay.

Running, Tink made it to the spot and saw a woman trying to swim. Tink yelled,"Hey! Do you need any help?"
Tink Scalpellion

Character sheet

Postby Mirian Jade on November 8th, 2014, 5:44 pm

Miran had had the good fortune to splash into relatively shallow water, but the cold still came as its own shock. She hit the bottom of the bed, twisting and thrashing her body and kicking at the rocks beneath her until she broke the surface of the water, gasping for air. Her leg was throbbing, but she could feel numbness creeping upwards from her foot, and she didn’t know if that was good or bad.

“Hey,” someone called out. “Do you need help?”

Mirian almost snorted at the question as she looked around for the person that had asked it. The desire to do so, however, disappeared when she found the person responsible. At first, she wasn’t sure what she was seeing; it was a statue, nearest as she could tell, or at least that’s what she would have thought had the statue not been moving and looking at her worriedly. Gods, the thing was alive.

Mirian gaped at the Pycon, attention stolen from the man she had been fighting, and he took advantage of her distraction by hauling himself and his wounded leg over with a growl. Mirian turned, but she didn’t turn fast enough to avoid the fist that flew at her and connected loudly with her jaw. Mirian reeled, balance lost, but she wasn’t going to be taken down so easily––not without taking him down with her.

The halfbreed grabbed his collar with her free hand and allowed gravity to do the rest, pulling both of them back into the water.
ImageImageImage[/center]
Mirian Jade
made of bad days

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tink Scalpellion on November 9th, 2014, 6:13 am

Oh. My. Gawds. There was only one thing that Tink was desperately afraid of. Swimming. He was faced with a moral dilemna: face his fears or walk away and let the woman drown. When Tink observed the man trying to drown her, he had no choice. It was time for him to be courageous and jump in.

Maybe I will scare the man when I jump in. I'm no match for him physically, but maybe I can use my brain power and surprise him. I'ts worth a try. Ohhh... I hope I don't die in the water. Drowning would be a terrible death. What if there are sea monsters lurking at the bottom! What if they swallow me!

Tink was freaking himself out. At this point, he was standing there frozen and the innocent bystander would think that he was just a statue. A small statue at that. Regardless, Tink needed to jump in action if he even wanted to have a chance of saving the woman from possible death. Tink knew he would never forgive himself if he walked away. He would live with the guilt for his whole life. Still, Tink was freaked out and thought he was facing certain death.

Time to jump. Now. With a battle cry of "Aaauuuuggggghhhh!!" Tink ran and leaped into the water. Directly next to the man's head.
Tink Scalpellion

Character sheet

Postby Mirian Jade on November 9th, 2014, 10:43 pm

The water wasn’t as cold the second time around, although it still made her lungs constrict as she struggled for control over the man that she had pulled in with her. This was his first time in the water, after all, so she had a moment of opportunity as he was hit by the water and forced to adapt. She heaved him sideways and over, trying to get on top and shove him to the bottom, but he was too strong and altogether too large. She had the upper hand, at least enough to keep him from doing the same to her, but it was unlikely that she’d be able to hold him under.

The two kicked and struggled––Mirian had lost her grip on her knife somewhere in the fight––turning over and over to try and control the conflict. Mirian had had the high ground at first, but she was losing it the longer he was in the water.

At least, until the statue let out a scream and leaped into the water next to them. Well, more specifically, next to the man.

He had the same reaction that Mirian had. He stopped fighting, looked at the Pycon and gaped.

And as he did so, Mirian did the same thing he had. She found her feet on the ground below, sprang up and punched him square across the jaw.

He stumbled back, dazed, giving Mirian just enough time to run her hands over the riverbed and find her knife once more. She picked it up, took a defensive stance and prepared to fight.
ImageImageImage[/center]
Mirian Jade
made of bad days

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tink Scalpellion on November 13th, 2014, 4:36 am

Stupid Pycon. He can't swim,so now,Tink's trying to stay afloat by attempting to paddle with his little arms. Not fun at all. Tink was growing dstressee; he was barely Staying afloat and was growing tired. Thankfully, his tactic had worked and the woman now held the upperhand. The only downside: he was about to die. There had to be a way for him to get himself out of this mess. Surely. Wielding her knife, Tink was surprised that the woman was sospeedy in getting out of the water. He was certain thatshe would desert him now that he had helped her. It was inevitable. His only wish is that she would save him before she left. A tough wish that probably wouldn't be granted,but hey, Tink was about to die, one can dream. The water was freezing and Tink's arms began to feel weak. Slowly,he was about to begin sinking to the bottom of the bay.

I wonder what it feels like to drown? Will it be fast or slow; painful or painless? Ah. I have so many questions and so little time remaining. My parents will probably never find out what happened to me. I wish there was something I could do to get out of this mess. The girls to busy dealing with the man to worry about me, I think. Now that he's no longer in shock, I'm sure she will have a fight on her hands. Hopefully, she will win so my death won't be in vain! Wait. I'm not gonna drown without at least putting up a fight. That's not who I am. Cowardice does not run through my blood! I may be small, but I'm brave. Lets try this!

The water had reached Tink's neck. He had run out of strength and had no other hope. The woman was the only way that he could survive. Crying out, Tink screamed, "Help! i can't swim! I'm sinking!"
Tink Scalpellion

Character sheet

Postby Mirian Jade on November 14th, 2014, 3:25 am

Her opponent was still mesmerized by the tiny, talking, flailing statue as it floundered about in the water. Still mesmerized enough for her to get back into the fight.

The water dragged at her legs as she moved, slowing her down more than she would have liked, but she was already close enough to him that she could reach out, hilt-first, and crack him across the skull with the pommel of her knife. It put him off again, and although he didn’t fall, it gave her enough time to leap forward, turn the knife around and sink it into his belly. He let out a pained, almost surprised hurk! and fell backwards.

"Help! I can't swim! I'm sinking!"

Mirian turned. Was that…? Yes, it had been the statue. In the few seconds she’d taken to end the fight once and for all, the little statue had found himself in deeper water. And if he couldn’t swim…

Mirian was moving before she really knew what she was doing. Partly gratitude for his part in the fight, and also sheer curiosity of how and why he was even existing gave her enough strength to plunge her hands back into the water, looking to scoop up her savior.

If she was successful in wrapping a hand around him––her blood was pounding too fast for her to even think about letting go of her knife, even for something like this––she would lift him safely out of the water, doing her best to handle him gently, and stare.
ImageImageImage[/center]
Mirian Jade
made of bad days

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tink Scalpellion on November 14th, 2014, 5:32 am

So this is what it feels like to die. My parents aren't going to know what happened to me. Every record of my existence will be lost. I will be forgotten. So sad. I was in the prime of my life. Now to die from a drowning. That is terrible. I cant die. I'm to young, to vital, to much of a helper. I have my whole life ahead of me. I'll help so many people! Oh Gods! I'm sinking even more. I can barely keep my head afloat! I can't last much longer. Thoughts were racing through Tink's head when he was lifted from the water.

There is no experience like one when you are prepared to die and your suddenly saved. Tink stared up at his rescuer as she cradled him and carried him back to the shore. There was wonder in eyes. Even when Tink coughed up salt water all over her. He was so thankful for her help. He would have died back there. She was his saviour! she had listened and responded to his cries for help. Gods bless her.

"Thank you miss! I can't express how thankful I am for you. You saved me. Are you all right from the fight back there?"
Tink Scalpellion

Character sheet

Postby Mirian Jade on November 15th, 2014, 9:20 pm

Mirian stared at the statue. The statue stared at Mirian. Neither seemed quite able to understand their situation.

The halfbreed jumped as a hand tried to wrap around her ankle. The man wasn’t dead yet, but with a gaping wound in his stomach it was sure to be close. Mirian shook off his rapidly weakening grip with ease, but it reminded her that she should probably get out of the water; her trials were done, at least for today, and the amazing creature in her hand did not change the fact that her feet were on the brink of injury.

She hauled herself out of the water and back onto dry land, dropping herself promptly upon the stone and dirt and setting the creature down beside her.

“Thank you, miss!” the statue exclaimed, making Mirian jump. “I can't express how thankful I am for you. You saved me. Are you all right from the fight back there?"

Mirian blinked, and after a moment let out an exhausted almost-chuckle.

“You’re, uh… you’re welcome,” she managed to say. “I think he’s a bit more worse off than I am. I’m fine––ah!”

She let out a yelp as she tried to stand with her bad foot, sending explosive pain shooting up her leg. It gave way beneath her, and she returned to the ground next to the statue.

“I…” She gulped. “I’ll be fine.” It sounded weak even to her ears.
ImageImageImage[/center]
Mirian Jade
made of bad days

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes