[Rearing Stallion] Tankard Tales (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Khalzaan on October 29th, 2010, 6:44 pm

Time Stamp: 59th Fall, 510

"
So I'm standing there, wearing nothing but my belt..." Khal continued, using one hand to gesture dramatically as he went on with the story, eyes shifting to a slightly darker blue. "And the lady is still insisting that I stole her gold ring, so the guard turns to her and he's saying you know, where could he possibly have hidden the ring? He's basically naked." He paused again, taking another long drink from his ale as he glanced over the few late night tavern goers who had gathered around for his story. "And this lady, I swear to you, she looks me up and down, and just says. 'Let me take him into my carriage for an hour and I'll find it.'"

The Vanthan grinned broadly as several of the onlookers chuckled, one of the women nudging the man next to her and asking him quietly. "
I don't get it, how did she find it?" She asked, a confused frown on her face. Khal smiled and grabbed the girl by the hands, tugging her a little closer? "Would you like me to show you?" He asked her impishly. You want to. He dropped the suggestion faintly into her mind as he smiled at her, his eyes shifting until they seemed almost golden.

Nervously the girl giggled and turned away and Khal finished off the last of his flagon before pushing it away and waving gregariously for the nearest barmaid. "
Carmen! It is Carmen isn't it? That's a beautiful name, I believe in Kalea there was once a queen called Carmen, famed throughout all the land for her vivacity and beauty." He informed her solemnly as his eyes shifted back towards blue.

"
Is that so?" The barmaid asked with a good natured smile, long used to the peculiarities of the various customers who came through the tavern.

"
It is so, if you're lucky, maybe one day I'll tell you the story." He glanced up at her then, his eyes unfocusing slightly for a moment before giving her a pleading look. "Beautiful Carmen could you fetch this poor man another ale, I shall be in your debt forever and adore you with my every waking breath."

As Carmen rolled her eyes and headed off to fetch his drink Khal let his eyes roam the inside of the tavern, their hue lightening slightly as he skimmed over faces and forms, letting the laughter and conversation wash over him briefly, paying special attention to those drinking alone. At this hour the only ones still out were those who either were having a very good time or didn't want to go home, and the later were often of interest to him.

Rolling the ring on his index finger with his thumb he continued to let his gaze drift until he caught the girl from earlier looking his way, giving her his most charming smile before she hurried on again.
Khalzaan
Player

Words: 28594
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2010, 4:55 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Guido Faragas on October 30th, 2010, 9:30 am

He’d had better days. It wasn’t just that he’d fallen into the mud right in front of the guards as he had traipsed back into the city. It wasn’t simply that he he’d been swindled into selling a decent pot he’d dug up for half its value by that slippery dealer in the Bazaar. Indeed, it wasn’t even that the ravishing girl he’d made an assignation with had stood him up. No, what really irked him was the tall, olive skinned man holding court in the bar. Weaving tales and charming the clientele. On my patch. He couldn’t work out why the fellow had such a gawping audience. Yes, he had some skill as a storyteller but his stories were a little crude.... and loud.

Guido Faragas sat in a dark corner of the tavern, where he’d secreted himself to drink away the troubles of his day. He was a little down, which was unusual, for normally he took mishaps stoically, simply shrugging and carrying on. But tonight, he hadn’t been in the mood for storytelling, merely contenting himself with a mug of the Stallion’s golden ale. He shook his head and stretched his arms: got to get out of this mood – have a bit of a fun.

He watched the barmaid return to the bar and begin to pour a mug of ale for the tall man. With a wicked grin, he grabbed his mug and levered himself up to the table, sauntering over to the barmaid. He leant over and whispered in her ear. “A mug of the new special brew for that fellow, I think.” Special brew – triple strength. He gave her a wink as she raised her eyes to his own. Setting down the mug she was pouring, she went to a smaller barrel and filled it up. Guido gave her a quick peck on the cheek, picked up the mug and sauntered over to the Vanthan.

“Here my friend,” he said, offering the mug to the olive-skinned man. “Such a tale deserves a special reward. Take it with my compliments. You have a gift with words, I see. What brings you here tonight?”

Back on the boards after a nasty virus laid me low...should be posting again soon.
Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Words: 114496
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2009, 7:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fade on October 30th, 2010, 11:39 am

Fade was, well...undecided. She had been walking up and down Syliras thinking and thinking. It was time for her to move on but something tugged at her mind, Syliras would always stay in her heart. It was the first city in which she had walked as a free individual and such things do not happen often. But she didn't know where to go, she didn't have a place to go to and wandering on her own was dangerous, not because of her inability to deal with danger but for her Ranuri and its compulsions. And because she was very very valuable to the very wrong sort of people.

She pushed a lock of white blonde hair out of her eyes and paused outside the Rearing Stallion her fingers brushing against the wooden door. She sighed and walked in, as always attracting some attention but now she was used to it. She had to thank her gnosis mark for that!
It was late and a wall of sound and smells washed over her as she took some steps forward. She breathed in the heavy smell of the tavern taking in the scents which reminded her that,yes, she needed a drink.

Her eyes quickly scanned the crowd and spotted an old acquaintance, she smiled slightly her icy blue eyes twinkling.
She walked purposefully towards Guido stopping only when she noticed that he was talking with another man, she halted for a second in front of them and said "Mind if I join you Guido and your friend?" She made a curt gesture with her head towards the man smiling slightly.
Fade
Player

Words: 105680
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 10:58 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Khalzaan on October 30th, 2010, 12:34 pm

Khal glanced up at surprise as the tall man made his way over to the table, which quickly faded into delight at the tankard placed before him. "
Thank you kind sir, you are surely a gentleman if I ever laid eyes upon one." He states, his eyes darkening slightly as he takes a drink of the strong beverage. Putting it down suddenly as he starts to cough, banging himself on the chest a few times as his eyes water up and shift to a greener shade.

"
Ah, bit stronger than I was expecting." He says when he gets his breath back, gesturing to a seat. "Sit my friend, sit." After a moment he takes another more reasonable sized swallow of the drink. "As for what brings me here nothing that exciting I'm afraid. I am recently arrived in the city, having been pursued here by a flock of ravenous sea birds and thought this seemed like a nice place to spend my idle time." He related, his blue eyes scanning briefly over the other man. "And yourself? Are you here often or is this some sort of special occasion?" He asks, eyes flicking briefly over the other man's garments

A passing girl distracts him for a moment and he waves to her broadly before returning his attention to Guido. "
Khal is my name." He adds almost as an afterthought, extending his hand across the table. Even as it extends however his head is swiveling towards the door as Fade makes her way over towards their table, his eyes shifting towards a more golden hue.

"Perfectly fine by me." He states, "Please have a seat, that's a beautiful dress you're wearing." He compliments her as he nods towards a free seat.
He's attractive. Khal dropped the thought into her mind as he smiled at her. "Would you care for a drink?"

Khalzaan
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Guido Faragas on October 30th, 2010, 3:31 pm

He glimpsed a flash of white hair out of the corner of one eye as she approached. Fade. The colour was unmistakable – the reimancer had even used the paleness of her hair as a block of colour to focus on prior to contacting his djed. Yet, it brought back other memories – the ride to the labyrinth and the plants snaking round his ankles and covering him with their acidic blood. The arc of fire he had used to clear their way. Fire.

With a broad yet gentle smile, he turned to face the woman as she uttered her greeting. “Fade. It is good to see you. Please do join us. What brings you here at such a late hour?”

He took up the offer of a seat from the olive-skinned man and watched with an inward smile as the fellow drank the ale. “It is a potent brew, friend. However, I am sure that a man such as yourself will have no problem in downing it and several more, if I have judged you correctly.” Lifting his own ale to his lips, he took a deep gulp of the amber nectar.

Guido firmly shook the other man’s hand. “I am pleased to meet you, Khal. I am Guido, Guido Faragas. This place is a frequent haunt of mine. I come here to wind down, spin a few tales, drink a few ales and meet some new friends.”

Back on the boards after a nasty virus laid me low...should be posting again soon.
Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fade on October 30th, 2010, 6:05 pm

Fade sat down without further ado. She smiled at the two men and propped herself. "I'm pleased to meet you, I'm Fade...Khal right?!" She had overheard the name, the manner of her presentation would seem strange to Khal but not to Guido , she didn't offer her hand but kept them on the table in front of her. She turned to Guido and said "My restless mind brings me here, friend"
She sighed softly noting how strong the drink in Khals hands really was. His eyes were oddly shifty now a mesmerizing golden hue, intriguing she shook her head slightly puzzled.

She deftly turned down the offer of a drink by saying "Maybe later" for some reason all thirst had left her, she was content to sit and absorb the place.
She sat with her back perfectly straight a lock of hair obstinately fell in front of her pale face every few seconds despite her efforts to push it back.

She kept quite concluding that her friend had already inquired about Khals person. Her eyes flicked around then fixed on Khals eyes, she cocked her head and smiled slightly then looked away.
Fade
Player

Words: 105680
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 10:58 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Jischa on October 30th, 2010, 7:32 pm

Disentangling herself from a 'gentleman' that'd had perhaps a bit too much to drink and decided that propositioning her for a romp in the alley of all places was a good idea, Jischa tapped a slender finger against the rim of her glass, the dark red wine within barely stirring as she began to move through the room, her stormy blue eyes taking in the tavern's patrons with an intense gaze. Seemingly not finding what she was looking for, she visibly seems to relax, absently adjusting the neckline of her tunic.

Dressed as she was, it wasn't likely anyone would point her out immediately as a healer, her blonde hair and undeniably attractive features aside, the Konti female had worn her honey-blonde hair over one eye, obscuring the tell-tale Gnosis mark near her left eye. Clad in a daringly low-cut white velvet tunic and skin-tight golden silk pants, she enjoyed the feeling of eyes on her as she moved, and she was one hundred percent certain they weren't looking at her because they had a cut or a headache.Image

Not all eyes were on her though it seemed, her gaze catching sight of the blonde woman being greeted by, and then summarily joining, the two men she'd noticed when last her eyes had passed that way, catching the bait-and-switch pulled on the tankard of ale. Heading casually in that direction, she took a sip of her wine and added a bit more of a sway to her steps. If there's one game I like to play, it's 'Stealing the Attention of Boys', she thought to herself with a wicked little grin, approaching the table.

"Oh, miss? That gentleman you were talking to earlier told me to tell you he's waiting in the alley," Jischa said, stopping behind the chair occupied by the woman that hadn't gotten the joke earlier. The woman looked confused, turning to the suddenly angry-looking man at her side, and amidst a few protests and whispered accusations, the pair headed away from the table, and Jischa slid into a newly vacated seat with a smile, not waiting for an invitation. "At least I think he was talking about her," she voices innocently, a gleam in her eye. "So, I'm Jischa. Who am I gracing with my presence?" she asked playfully, looking at each of those gathered in turn.
Jischa
Answering The Call

Words: 27932
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2010, 9:03 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Khalzaan on October 30th, 2010, 8:26 pm

The Vanthan peered dubiously into his mug at Guido's reassurances as to his alcoholic stamina. "
Well... We'll see..." He remarked, eyes taking on a brief greenish tint before he looked back up with a grin. "Tales? Really? Well you must share one with us, mustn't he?" He asked with a glance towards Fade.

"
Khal is indeed my name my lady." He remarked, nodding and grinning at the new white-haired arrival, "Fade... What an interesting moniker, at some point you must tell us how you came by it. Your hair reminds me of the snow on the mountains of Taldera, you know..." He took a moment to take another small drink from the potent ale. "It is said that there is nothing more pure." He concludes.

As Jischa joins the table he smiles at her, "
Well I'm certain he was talking about someone at least." Khal replies, "Hello Jischa! I'm Khal, this is Gerdo and this is Fade." He informs her with an expansive wave of his hand. "And we're all destined to become life long friends I'm sure, drink?" He asks, one eyebrow quirking slightly as he smiles at her. Lust. He dropped the emotion subtly into her subconscious as soon as she meets his eyes.

Khalzaan
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Guido Faragas on October 31st, 2010, 12:16 pm

Guido smiled at Fade’s remark concerning her own reason for coming to the tavern. A restless mind - I know the feeling. The white-haired woman contented herself with a just a few words but he could not help but notice the shake of her head, followed by the quick glance and smile towards Khal. There’s something here, something about this fellow, I’m sure. But what? I need to clear my head. He used Fade’s hair once again as the focus for his inward meditation. Covering his senses with the whiteness, allowing it to flow and caress his thoughts. It was the usual routine he went through prior to reimancy – to clear his senses and to calm his mind. However, this time the calmness and clarity was the objective of the exercise, rather than any conjouring of fire or water. Anyone observing him might notice the slight glaze in his eyes and the stillness of his face.

His thoughts cleared but then his reverie was interrupted by yet another new arrival. He held on to his new level of clarity but he still couldn’t help but stare for a chime or two as Jischa sat herself down at the table. Blue eyes. Blonde. Confident. Oh, yes, very confident. He ignored Khal’s comment concerning tales but barely repressed a scowl as the man introduced the reimancer as Gerdo. Games, games, games.

“You do, indeed, grace us with your presence, Jischa. I am Guido, Guido Faragas. I am afraid that my good friend mispronounced my name. It is the drink you know.” He drank his own ale down to the bottom, then raised an inquisitive eye towards Khal’s ale as if encouraging the man to finish his own drink. Then, he smiled broadly at Jischa, his emerald eyes peering directly at her. “And to what do we owe the pleasure of your presence?”

Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Celina on October 31st, 2010, 1:00 pm

Celina had been running around everywhere today, she'd decided to help out around the town, getting lost possessions from small places where others couldn't fit. Running letters to people because the person sending the letter was to busy to hand it over or it was some sort of romance heart break which the person themselves was too afraid to step up for them selves. Sighing, Celina entered the tavern; she needed a place to sit down.

Taking off her favourite blue jacket of Celina wore a simple white shirt and a simple linen pair of breeches. Suddenly a bar maid came up to her "What's a little one like yourself doing here?" she asked with a gentle smile. It was obvious she was on Celina's case for a reason; children didn't usually walk into a bar. Returning the bar maid's smile she told the truth "I've been running around all day my lady helping people. I need a place to sit down and relax. This was the closest place" Celina bowed to the woman politely "I'm sorry if I’m imposing." the woman looked at Celina surprised, kids weren't normally as polite as Celina or as literate. It didn't surprise Celina; it was always the same reaction. "Alright then little one" the woman patted her on the head and walked away to serve a customer.

With a sigh of relief Celina had made it past the barmaid. She chose to walk to the corner of the bar; people weren't noticed so much tucked away in a corner so it drew less attention to her. Although there was a table with four people near by, two women standing and two men sitting down. Celina scanned the figures to identify their unfamiliar faces. One of the women was blonde, she was beautiful with icy blue eyes and the other woman and the other with a similar look. Then shifting her gaze toward the men Celina saw a man with blue eyes with dark. Looking around she saw something odd all these people seemed to be in some sort of dreamy looking state. Celina also couldn't help but be taken toward a man with dirt all over his face and noticing him a little she looked closer at the figure walking toward them with a surprised look on her face ignoring the other man and the two women "You gotta be kidding me! Guido?" she looked curiously then at the man at the other end of the table. Something about him made Celina shiver, deciding to ignore his presence she kept her attention on the dirt faced man. "Picking up women again huh? What a surprise" she teased him looking at the blondes with an innocent little grin on her cute face "I guess you really were rolling around in the mud that day."
Celina
"Little One"

Words: 12714
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2010, 5:48 pm
Character sheet

Next