[Flashback] I Promise. [Murmur, Alevadra]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Alevadra Druva on October 30th, 2010, 9:18 pm

Spring 3rd, 491 AV

Alevadra had turned 6 only the previous season and now it was Spring. Birds had finally begun to sing, the trees were blooming with fresh, light green leaves. There was still a slight chill in the air as winter faded, clawing at the city to stay just a daylonger.

“Don’t forget your jacket, Ale.”[color] A smiling woman called. The older woman had long blond hair and a soft face with deep blue eyes. [color=orange] “I will walk with you to the garden, Deven will be meeting us there.” The woman continued with a smile, taking a wool coat and putting on a small, skinny girl. The girl was Alevadra, she was small for her age, it appeared she would always be small for her age. Ale put her jacket on over a white shirt and black, cotton pants. Over her shirt hung a small necklace with a pendant hanging off the silver chain. The pendent was the size of a gold Miza, but was silver with a glassbeak stamped onto the front of it. On the flip side of the silver pendant was etched ALD, Alevadra’s initials, Alevadra Levinn Druva.

“Come on, Mommy! I want to go play with Devie!” Alevadra said in a shrill voice as she pulled at the edge of her mother’s dress. “Yes, Ale, we’re going now.” The mother said with a small sigh. “Good-bye, Victor! We will be back around supper time!” The woman shouted over her shoulder, a grunt of “Have fun” could be heard from the depths of the families home. Alevadra was already headed out the front door while her Mother finished putting her coat on. “Hurry up, Mommy! He’s going to be waiting!” Alevadra’s mother sighed as the small girl nearly dragged her down the street. ”Hold my hand, Ale, we’ll be there in just a few chimes.” The young girl reached up and took a hold of her mother’s hand as she quickly trotted down the busy street.

Alevadra was excited; she was visiting her friend today. The two had known each other sense Deven’s birth. Victor, Alevadra’s father, worked under Deven’s father, and the two had a close friendship, so once Atriso had his son, Alevadra was introduced into the babes life. Alevadra was only two when the boy was born, and she no longer remembers the meeting, but her parents remember. After the girl stared down at the sleep baby, she turned to her mother and asked. “Is he going to be my husband?” The adults found this highly amusing, but they brushed it off as childish words and they moved on from it.

Alevadra had not moved on from the thought, though. The young girl had become infatuated with the thought. Now, the two had play dates and visits with each other nearly everyday. Today was like any other day; the two would meet up in the stone garden and play, run around and be children while the adults watched from the sidelines.

Alevadra and her mother walked quickly, Alevadra was singing a small tune her mother had taught her, it was a chant of sorts and the young girl enjoyed singing it and skipping while the two walked. Ale’s mother smiled down at her daughter as they passed the temple, they were near to the stone garden and Alevadra wanted to let go of her Mother’s hand and run to her friend, but she restrained herself, continuing to sing. As the two reached the path the lead up to the garden, Ale’s mother joined in with the last verse of her singing. “For the truest of the true be the ones whom Tyveth bless.” The mother daughter couple smiled at each other as they passed through the gate, which surrounded the garden.
Last edited by Alevadra Druva on November 2nd, 2010, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who needs love when you have honor and dignity?
Alevadra Druva
Syliran Knight

Words: 151878
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2010, 11:39 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Murmur on October 31st, 2010, 7:40 am

“Daddy, what’s wrong with momma…” It was a quiet, simple question, one that held too much pain in the heart of a man who stood beside his son as they leisurely walked toward the stone garden, where Deven would get to play with his friend and forget the troubles that marred their home. Atriso showed no hint of his discomfort, careful to keep such reactions away from the eyes of a very influential little boy.

“She’s just been having bad days, Deven.” He said gently, instinctively tightening his hold about his son’s small hand. Bad days meant Amatha was constantly harassing Deven, constantly accusing him of gradually turning into a son she had not born into this world. Her hostility toward the child led Atriso to frequent the home more often, to make sure she had not done something that required him to….

He shook his head. “We’re almost there, you ready to see Alevadra?” That seemed like the appropriate comment, for Deven immediately snapped out of his eerie silence and jumped about the knight.

“Yeah! Ready, ready! I’m going to play with Ale!” Atriso laughed, then once the garden was in view, he ushered the excited young boy past the archway and into the garden itself. Almost immediately Deven sprang forth, running across the courtyard toward the woman and the small girl approaching them while Atriso hung back near the walls. He gave a simple wave.

“Ale, Ale! Let’s play now!” He smiled brightly, a little ball of sunshine only dampened by the small bruises that covered his hands and arms. The clothes he wore were heavy, but his adrenaline made the feat of sprinting possible. “Hi, Ale’s momma, can Ale play with me now?” For such a young boy, he still held manners that were rather odd for his age. The grin, though, was bright and glowing. He always awaited the hours he got to escape the horrors of an ailing mother.
Last edited by Murmur on November 2nd, 2010, 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
Murmur
The boy next door

Words: 41228
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2010, 5:40 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Alevadra Druva on November 2nd, 2010, 12:42 am

”Deven!” Alevadra said excitedly, bouncing up and down, her hand was still held by her mother, who frowned slightly at the sight of the small, gubulent boy. ”Of course she can, Deven, you two have fun.” Ale’s mother, Jasme` smiled softly at the boy, touching the top of his head softly in an affectionate manner. Jasme` let go of Alevadra and the young girl quickly hurried over to one of the stone covered walls, encouraging the small boy to follow her.

Jasme` looked over at Atriso with sad eyes, she knew little of what was occurring, likely Victor knew more, but this woman was no fool, she knew things were going poorly in the home. The tall, blond, woman walked over to Atriso, standing a few paces from him. “It’s getting worse,” Jasme` said softly, watching Deven and her daughter smile and laugh. “Victor sends his regards, he regrets not being able to see you as much, it seems that he has begun to miss your company.” Jasme` smiled at the children, Ale was speaking softly to Deven, pointing at the various stones. “If you ever need anything, Atriso…” Jasme` did not finish her sentence, she knew there was no need to.

”Dev! Dev! Look! You see all these stones? Do you know what they mean?” The bubbly child did not wait for her companion to answer before she continued. “Each stone is a knight! See how many knights there have been?” The small, child hands of Alevadra reached out and touched the stones. [color] “When I get older, I’m going to be a knight. Like my Mom and Dad… Like your Dad!” [/color] The child smiled over at Deven, her hands moved from the solid, cold stones.

Muddy brown eyes moved to Deven’s hands and wrists. He was covered in small bruises, or as Ale would call them “Booboos” or “Owies”. “You get hurt a lot.” Alevadra said, frowning as she pointed at his arms and hands. “You should be careful, I don’t want you to get hurt.”
Who needs love when you have honor and dignity?
Alevadra Druva
Syliran Knight

Words: 151878
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2010, 11:39 pm
Character sheet