Nightfall. (Trassen,Shakaar.)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Jokor on October 30th, 2010, 11:28 pm

31th off fall, 510 AV.
21 Bell's and 3 chimes

Jokor hummed a little melody while he was digging through the garbadge. Carelessly throwing stuff that wasn't edible in the first place or stuff to rotten for the not that picky streeturchin on the floor behind him. He held up an half eaten apple, his eyes straining to see what he was holding. Noticing the fuzz growing on the apple he threw it behind him and continued to digg through the trash. Jokor's stomache growled when he saw a big peice of bread lying between the trash. He picked it up with a big grin on his face.
"Today is my lucky day." Jokor said as he picked it up.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Trassen on October 30th, 2010, 11:48 pm

The sun had finally hid it's face as Trassen began tonight's hunt. He refrained from his usual fireball technique, relying on the quickly cooling ground to provide a sharp contrast against the warmth of living flesh. He always hunted at night. Shadows were less pronounced, and often overlooked, shrugged off as yet another figment of the imigination. As he crept along the streets, a sidelong glance into an alley revealed what could only be a gift from Siku herself. They boy he had met weeks ago when he had watched him and a shapeshifting fox/woman struggle for control of a knife. He seemed to be distracted by something in the garbage bin before him.

The parting words they had exchanged rang through his mind as he silently slithered into position behind him, his club like rattle was silently raised, poised to strike. "Watch yourssself boy. You never know who elssse isss" It seemed those words weren't so hollow after all. "I already am watching myself freak, I already am." Obviously not well enough.

Muscles tensed, breathing stopped, even the Dhani's heartbeat seemed to stop in the moments before the strike. He brought the rattle down, hard, aiming at the back of the boy's skull in an attempt to knock him out. Even if it hit, he was still already drawing his shortsword which he had lashed onto his back. If something went wrong, nothing deterred a would be escapee like a cold metal blade against their throat.
Trassen
The Fire Breathing Serpent

Words: 9836
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2010, 12:34 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Jokor on October 31st, 2010, 12:01 am

Jokor emidiatly felt something was wrong when he heard a faint ratteling sound from behind him. Imediatly doing what his instincts told him he threw himself towards the ground his fall softened by the trash laying in the alley.
Jokor quickly turned around and piered through the darkness vagualy seeing a snakeman standing over him. Jokor's eyes went wide as he recognised the the wierd thing, Not wasting time jokor quickly tried to get up and run away from it.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Trassen on October 31st, 2010, 12:15 am

That damned rattle! no matter how hard he tried, there was no way of completely silencing it when he swung, which was why he normally targeted people too drunk to notice, or too busy making noise. He was glad for his foresight with the blade as he grabbed the boy by the collar as he got up to flee. He brought the blade around in a flash, resting the edge against the soft flesh of his neck. He then brought his other hand up to cover the boy's mouth before hissing a warning. "If you make a sssound, then I will make sssure to draw your pain out even more".

He made sure to keep his head close enough to the boys that if he were to try and headbutt his way out, there wouldn't be enough room to build up force. This also allowed him to drop his voice to a nearly imperceptible volume and still talk to the boy. If this boy couldn't be subdued through force, than it seemed he would have to rely on the gift Siku had blessed him with at birth. In a minute dose, his venom could paralyze him long enough to get him back to the abandoned mine outside of town he had been using for his rituals and meals without killing him. He bared his fangs, drawing out the moment, making every second of suspence a living hell of uncertainty for the boy.
Trassen

Character sheet

Postby Jokor on November 1st, 2010, 8:38 pm

Jokor gulped as he felt a hand gripping his filthy collar pulling him back towards the thing. Just as he tried to think up things how to get of this mess he felt the telltale cold of metal against his neck, The thing covered his mouth with his hand and leaned in closer,the hissing out a warning.
"If you make a sssound, then I will make sssure to draw your pain out even more."
Jokor got a defiant look in his eyes as he heard the serpent try to intimidate him with pain. He rather took the smal chance to fight back and maybe survive and die painfull when he failed.
Seeing no other option Jokor bit down hard on the freaks hand trying to shove the blade away form his neck with his bare hand,letting out a muffled yelp as he felt the blade slash deep in his flesh.

OOC: also for your information Jokor stinks, he didn't bathe in 16 years, Just so you know, might be funny or can help me get out of here but you don't have to do anything with it if you don't want to.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Trassen on November 2nd, 2010, 1:59 am

Less than an inch away, less than a second from... What in the world was that awful stench? The pungeant odor of the boy caused him to pause momentarily. The sharp sting of his teeth caused him to pull back with muttered curses. He didn't notice his blade moving until it was back at his own side. The boy had a head start, but he was also bleeding from the gouge in his hand. He brought the blade up to his mouth, tasting the crimson stain with a wicked grin. If there was one benefit to have the bottom half of a snake it was that it made it really hard to trip. He tensed up, ready to give pursuit if the boy fled, while still bring his blade up. He would have normally switched to his longsword, but in the tight confines of the alley, there would be no room to swing. He made a quick horizontal sweep with his blade, not so much trying to make contact as to distract him from the rattle that he was bring around in a powerful vertical arc, intent on bashing his skull in.
Trassen

Character sheet

Postby Shakaar on November 2nd, 2010, 3:14 am

Shakaar
The night was gorgeous, Shakaar was happy just to walk and take in the stars and the deep black night sky. Night held no obstacle for him, due to his race. The Akalak function at night just as well as they do in broad daylight.

The small alleyways kept him from the prying eyes of any would be watchers. So Shakaar took these paths. As he walked he started to hear the slapping of bare feet upon the cobblestone. The sounds were coming closer, and they were getting faster. Curious as to the origin of the noises Shakaar turned a corner, and ran straight into the same kid that he had saved from some of Byron's Boyz not that long ago. "You? What are you..." his question being cut off as he saw a snake-man wielding a sword. "Jakri! What the hell is this!" He bent over looking for a potential weapon. Finding a barrel, he grabbed it quickly and hurled it into the running form. As it shattered across the things chest Shakaar hurtled into the fray. Getting in close was the only way to survive. The short sword would become a heavy disadvantage if he were further back.

In his leap at the opponent, Shakaar managed to catch a bucket stave off the ground. Bringing it up to deflect any strike of the sword he threw a heavy kick at the things legs. If it locked it's legs, then it's knees are history. If it loosened, then it was going to the ground with an angry Akalak on top.

OOCJakri is loosely translated from Akalak meaning "Zith Shit". Just so you understand my meaning.

Also you will want to stick to the posting pattern of Jokor, Trassen, Shakaar. Try not post out of order.
Shakaar
The Involuntary Executioner

Words: 30565
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2010, 1:09 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Jokor on November 2nd, 2010, 8:15 pm

Jokor bolted as soon as the blade was far enough from his troath. His eyes widened in suprise as he vagualy saw a man turn around the corner on the other side of the alley.
"You? What are you..." The man didn't finish his sentence for some reason Jokor didn't care to think about."Jakri! What the hell is this!" the man grabbed a barrel standing somewhere around the alley and threw it at the snakeman. Jokor dived to the ground feeling the wind of something ruffeling his hair a bit. He heard a crash behind him not really caring what happened to the snake guy the tried to get up, only to get smacked in the back of the head by the snakemans tail. Falling back on the floor slowly slipping into unconciousness.

OOC: Trassen doesn't have legs at the moment Shakaar he is in his hybird form.
EDIT: whoops sorry for misunderstanding.
Last edited by Jokor on November 3rd, 2010, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Trassen on November 2nd, 2010, 10:08 pm

Trassen stiffled a laugh as his feint worked, the hushed sliding of his tail covered up by the echo of bare feet slapping the ground, almost making it sound like they were both running, but then he felt as his rattle made contact. He thought he heard the boy fall, but the next thing he knew his vision was obscured by... A flying barrel?! His chest absorbed the blow, and while it hurt some, the barrel had been weakened by years of use and weathering, plus his tail gave him a wide enough center of gravity to keep himself upright. He blinked, and he recognized a second splash of heat, a third party had joined the fray.

The man deflected his next slash with something from the ground before delivering a hard kick to his tail. The blow could have shattered bones normally, but his tail was thick with the muscles he used to pull himself along. That, combined with his toughened scales turned a tide turning blow into a mild annoyance. He took advantage of the moment of surprise by delivering a low sweep of his own with his tail. Not matter what happened, if he was able to catch the man while he was off balance from the kick and bring him to the ground, or if the man was able to jump over the attack, he still brought his blade around to level the tip at his neck. "I could kill you right now, sssshould kill you for trying to rob me of my meal." He began, his voice dripping with malice. "But what would be the fun in that? Ssso pleasssse, cooperate and you may jussst live."

He slowly began advancing, trying to back the man out of the alley and into the street to reveal his form. He would have just used a fireball for the purpose, but he kept both hands firmly platned on the hilt of his blade, ready incase the man made a move. "Do you like gamesss? I do. Letssss play a game! If I win, I will ssslowly torture you both, then devour you whole!" He proposed, a wicked, fanged grin gleaming in the lamp light. He slowly backed up, giving the man room, and a chance to flee if he so pleased. But the Dhani doubted that he would back down. He kept his blade at the ready, just incase he tried to take him by surprise. "And if by some miracle you do actually best me... Hmmm, what would you want?"

OOCI think he knows that, he couldn't see that I didn't have legs, so he was under the assumption that I did indeed have legs. IC that is.
Trassen

Character sheet

Postby Shakaar on November 6th, 2010, 7:00 pm

Shakaar
"What in the name of all the gods did you do that for? screamed Ahajii "Look before you strike! You are such a bumbling mess!" Shakaar hadn't taken the time to ascertain the physical properties of his opponent. He had just gone into an attack on first site. Not that he had much time too look in the first place.

As his kick landed he felt a deep resounding thud. He smiled at it, but at the same time cursed his stupidity for attacking without a thought to his opponent. "Stop looking at him and get the hell out of the way! Jump!" broke in Ahajii

Without a second thought Shakaar instantly took the advise of his brother. He had noticed no attack through his concentration, but his brother soul had luckily alerted him. Jumping backwards Shakaar watched as a large rattle passed just under him. When he landed he saw a sword hovering in front of his eyes, and heard a sibilant voice calling him out for "a game." The thing continued to monologue about how he could kill Shakaar at this very moment and nonsense of that sort, but Shakaar kept his comments inside him for once.

Barely able to resist ducking under the blade to give a blow to the snakes stomach and likely disarm him. Shakaar responded "what sort of game do you mean? Are you referring to a duel? If so I would love to!"

His patience breaking with the final statement. Shakaar fell flat to the ground, barely avoiding the blade. His feet came up together as he fell and his arms pushed off the ground. This action took lees then a second, and sent his feet rocketing into the snakes gut. When the kick finished Shakaar jumped hard to the left. to ensure the sword wouldn't bite him. Then using the alley wall as a base he took a flying leap behind the snake who would have an extremely hard time turning because of his large body.

Once behind the serpent Shakkar jumped again and caught the throat of the snake. He put his fingers around his opponents trachea, and held them there prepared for the instant break of the neck. Bending him backwards towards the ground to immobilize him. "Listen snake, I want you to promise me on the heart of the god of your kind. That you will never attack me or any of my friends." Shakkar had growled these words quietly at the snake. Never once releasing his hold, or his concentration.
Shakaar
The Involuntary Executioner

Words: 30565
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2010, 1:09 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Next